起源于英国都铎王朝的建筑风格 因其独具魅力的英国贵族气质
多被用于上流阶层贵族官邸 来彰显居住者的尊贵与社会地位
即阿蒙霍特普四世 是古埃及第十八王朝的国王
埃及开罗南287公里
埃及南部上埃及城镇 位于尼罗河畔
位于埃及北部 临地中海
分别是血水灾 青蛙灾 虱子灾 苍蝇灾 畜疫灾 泡疮灾 冰雹灾 蝗灾 黑暗之灾 长子灾
埃及 1905
帝 王 谷
两 年 后
德国和俄♥罗♥斯♥关系日渐紧张
我希望你能得偿所愿
M
卡特先生
Mr. Carter!
先生
Sir!
先生
Sir!
卡特先生
Mr. Carter.
发现了一扇门
There is a door.
这是什么地方
What is this place?
没什么
It's nothing.
什么都不是
Nothing at all.
- 请让一下 - 别挡道
- Please. Please move. - Get out of my way.
这里有个古墓 请给我们看看宝藏
There is a tomb here. Show us the treasure, please.
走开
Move aside.
- 我们想看看墓 - 没什么古墓
- Come, we wish to see it. - There is no tomb.
都给我滚出这里
Now get out of my bloody dig.
请吧 先生 请走这边
Please, sir. Please, come.
就看一眼 走开
Just a quick look. Move away.
先生
Monsieur!
走吧 塞利姆
Come on, Selim.
你为什么要打他
What on Earth possessed you to strike him?
他先打了我的人
He assaulted one of my men.
告诉我 为什么他没来这 我来了
Now, tell me. Why isn't he here instead of me?
因为阿♥拉♥伯工人可没法和法国公爵比
Because an Arab workman is not a French duke.
他一开始就不该直接去工地 马斯佩罗
He shouldn't have been there in the first place, Maspero,
你也知道 我们的工作很重要
and you know it. We're trying to do serious work.
可不是给观光客表演的
We're not a sideshow for tourists.
你的工作都依赖于
Your work relies on the delicate
一些脆弱的善意来平衡 这也是我必须维持的
balance of good will, which I must maintain.
现在有法国的官员 抵♥制♥英国人
Here you have French bureaucracy against British foreign interest
破坏埃及人的地方自治权
against Egyptian home rule.
这国家就是个火♥药♥桶 而你坐在上面
The country is a powder barrel and you sit above it,
谁惹了你 你就向谁丢火柴
flicking matches at whomsoever displeases you.
我可不在乎 我又不是该死的外交官
I don't care cos I'm not a bloody diplomat.
我可没说过你在乎
I would never have said you were.
提醒你一下 我们俩谁都没有发现过
May I remind you that neither of us will ever discover
比那沙漠里更重要 更奇妙的东西了
anything more important or wonderful than what is in that desert?
那也要所有人都这么觉得啊
If only everyone felt the same way.
会的 他们应该会的
Yes, well, they should.
但事实是他们不会
But they don't.
我个人深表同情...
Personally, I have some sympathy...
但考古部门可不会如此
but the Antiquity Service does not.
他们要撤销你的执照
They're revoking your licence.
也不是那么吓人吧
Well, wasn't that quite the thrill?
有很多的乞丐啊
There are an awful lot of beggars.
你对此确定吗
Are you quite sure about this?
谁都有个开始嘛
Well, everyone has to start somewhere.
我们要做的 就是找些人然后开挖
All we have to do is to find some men and start digging.
跟我走
Come along.
- 太棒啦 - 他就在那
- Bravo! - He's right over there.
他不在家
He is not at home.
他当然在家 他住在这
Of course he's at home, he lives here.
戴维斯先生不会买♥♥上门推销的东西
Mr. Davis does not buy from pedlars.
你就听我说...
You just listen to me...
天哪 哈米德
For heaven's sake, Hamid.
卡特先生是一位杰出的考古学家
Mr. Carter is an eminent archaeologist.
很抱歉 路易斯小姐 先生
My apologies, Miss. Lewis. Sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
你没事吧 没偷东西什么的吧
You all right? You weren't robbed or something, were you?
什么 没有啊 怎么了
What? No. Why?
我都不知道这还开了个派对
I didn't realise there was a do on.
这里总是开派对
Oh, there's always a do on.
- 你应该留下 - 我是来见戴维斯的
- You should stay. - I'm here to see Davis.
但如果他很忙...
But if he's busy...
你一来他肯定就不忙了
I'm sure he's not too busy for you.
不如你去书房♥等吧
Why don't you wait in the library?
谢谢
Thank you.
把那些端进书房♥
Take those for the library.
端两盘
Take two trays.
卡特 老朋友
Carter. My dear fellow.
好久不见 你藏哪儿去了
Long time no see. Where have you been hiding yourself?
到处跑 一直在做一些研究
Here and there. I've been doing some research.
我能帮什么忙吗
What can I do for you?
我在城里的咖啡馆买♥♥的
Well... I bought this in a coffee house in town.
似乎是从你的发掘地偷的
Hmm. Looks like someone's stealing from your dig.
也不是第一次了
Hmm. Not the first time.
谢谢 我会留意的
Thank you. I'll look into it.
- 你花了多少钱 - 五英镑
- How much did you pay for it? - £5.
- 这是六英镑 - 包括中间人的报酬
- That's six. - Oh, er, finder's fee.
没必要 谢谢
Really, not necessary. Thank you.
卡特 你得原谅我
Carter, you'll have to forgive me.
蒂米的生日可不等人
Timmy's birthday waits for no man.
- 当然 - 再一次谢谢你
- Course. - And thank you again.
卡特 祝你好运
Carter. Good luck.
- 塞利姆去哪了 - 他去上班了
- Where's Selim? - He go to work.
不是给戴维斯干活儿吧
Not for Davis?
不是 你没听说吗
No, didn't you hear?
在山上给一个英国勋爵干活
For the English Lord on the hills.
他把那儿挖了个遍 就像只热锅上的跳鼠
He's burrowing all over the place, like a jerboa on heat.
谢谢
Oh. Thanks.
七号♥ 你挖到什么了吗
Number seven. Have you got anything?
什么都没有 先生
No, sir. Nothing here.
试试那边 石碓后面
Try... over there. Against the rocks.
就是那堆石头
Yes, those rocks.
先生 如果我们能先规划一下这片区域...
Sir. Perhaps if first we map out the area...
没什么好规划的 是吧
There's nothing to map, really, is there?
三号♥ 你挖到了什么
Number three. What have you got?
没有 先生
No, sir.
卡那封先生
Sir Carnarvon.
叫我卡那封勋爵 要么就直接叫我先生
It's Lord Carnarvon. You say Lord Carnarvon or sir.
抱歉 卡那封勋爵
Forgive me. Lord Carnarvon.
我能提个建议吗
May I make a suggestion?
我不想从你那拿到偷来的东西 知道吗
I'm not taking any stolen goods from you, do you hear me?
但这些不是偷来的 是找到的
But these are not stolen, these were found.
下午好
Good afternoon.
有人认识一个叫卡特的人吗
Do any of you chaps know a man called Carter?
我来这是因为我的腿
I'm here because of my leg.
高温能让肌肉纤维松弛
The heat relaxes the fibres or some such.
但我整天待在宾馆房♥间会疯了的
But I've been going quite crazy sitting in hotel rooms all day
所以就想着来考考古
so I thought I'd try my hand at archaeology.
如果发现宝藏就更好了
If I turn up a fortune, so much the better.
你以前有没有考古探险的经历
Have you ever undertaken an archaeological expedition before?
我刚到剑桥的时候 把壁纸都撕下来了
Well, when I was up at Cambridge, I took the wallpaper off my set
发现里面都是都铎式的墙板
and there was Tudor panelling underneath.
这和考古很相近了 对吧
That's as near as damn it to archaeology, isn't it?
不 其实我以前
No, I've not actually
从来没接触过考古探险
undertaken an archaeological expedition before.
我很需要一些帮助
And I could certainly do with some help.
挖了六十次也没找到什么
60 digs and not much to show for it.
六十次
60 digs?!
我说的六十次就是指六十个坑
When I say digs, I mean 60 holes.
一无所获
And nothing in any of them.
除了昨天 我们运气来了
Except yesterday we turned up trumps.
发现了令人震惊的猫棺材
Found the most astonishing kind of cat coffin.
你真的得看看
You really must see it.
我现在应该爱上考古了
Got a taste for it now, I suppose.
- 你的腿是怎么受伤的 - 车祸