What are they shooting at?
结束了
It's over!
等一下 是真的吗
You there! Is it true?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
他们签署了停战协议 战争结束了
They've signed an armistice. It's over.
谢谢
Thank you.
真棒
Yes! Yes!
- 你知道这意味着什么吗 - 什么
- You know what this means? - What?
莫里斯不能拒绝我们找挖掘队了
Morris can't refuse us a dig crew.
请把这些放到我的房♥间去
Can you take these to my rooms, please?
但这些大箱子
But the large boxes, these ones,
直接送到遗迹里去
they need to go straight to site.
哎呀 路易斯小姐
Why, Miss Lewis!
真的是你吗 还是另一场幻觉
Is that truly you, or is it another mirage?
温洛克
Oh! Oh, Winlock.
你的战争如何
How was your war?
安静 无所事事
Oh, quiet, uneventful.
但这也算苦尽甘来啊
But I suppose all good things must come to an end.
卡特怎么样
How's Carter?
- 你应该自己去看看 - 好的
- I think you should see for yourself. - Right.
该死
Oh, damn it!
- 嗨 - 嗨
- Hello. - Hello.
进来 进来
Erm... Come in. Come in.
- 抱歉没地方坐了 - 没事 我知道
- I'm sorry there's no room. - Oh, it's fine, I understand.
- 你收到我的信了吗 - 收到了
- Did you get my letter? - Yes.
真的没必要的
There really was no need.
有的
There was.
我知道你不会跟戴维斯说那个墓的事 我...
I know you would never have told Davis about the tomb. I...
我当时不知道自己在想什么
I don't know what I was thinking.
那你相信我吗
So you do trust me?
我当然相信你
Of course I trust you.
很好
Good.
我要给你提个建议
I have something to suggest.
哈利这一季不会来了
Harry's staying behind this season.
别说出去 我觉得辛西娅受够了
Between you and me, I think Cynthia's had enough
沙子和蚊子 忍♥到极限了
of sand and mosquitoes and dug her heels in.
想要的话 这间房♥子就归你了
It's all yours if you want it.
你可以好好地做研究
You could lay out your research properly,
还有地方放书籍和图纸
have somewhere to put your books and charts.
我不需要这房♥子
I don't need all this.
一个人住这太浪费了
It's too big for one person.
不一定要一个人住啊
It needn't be just for one person.
至少不用一直都一个人住
Not all the time, at least.
想想你在这里工作会有多方便吧
And... think how convenient it would be for your work.
这里离挖掘点很近
It would be closer to the dig.
没错
Exactly.
谢谢
Thank you.
你能想到我真好
It's good of you to think of me.
我需要什么
What do I need?
一个衣柜 五斗柜 图标箱和桌子
A wardrobe, chest of drawers, chart case and tables...
书架 餐桌和椅子
bookcases, a dining table, chairs.
一张床 亚麻制的
A bed. Linen, I suppose.
- 你都需要 - 好吧
- Everything, really. - Right.
这位女士说什么就要什么
Anything the lady says, please.
好的 给我看看那个...
Right. I'll have a look at that...
- 卡特 - 嗯
- Carter. - Oh, yes?
他说下午能送过去
He says he can deliver them this afternoon.
谢谢
Thank you.
- 我做错了什么吗 - 什么意思
- Did I do something wrong? - How do you mean?
我不知道... 从我到这起
I don't know. I just... ever since I got here,
大家就对我不太友好
nobody seems that friendly any more.
没错 他们觉得你是英国人
Yes. They think you're British.
- 四号♥ 找到什么了吗 - 没有
- Four. Anything? - No.
- 你这里有什么嘛 - 没有
- You there, anything? - No. Nothing.
- 七号♥ 找到什么了吗 - 没有
- Seven. Anything? - Nothing.
没有
Nothing.
有人找到了东西吗
Has anyone got anything at all?
再扩大网格范围
Extend the grid again.
你没有一条沟
You're not taking any of
向下挖超过几英尺的
your trenches down beyond a couple of feet.
只是在不停的扩大范围
You just keep extending the area.
你不是在挖掘 是在寻找
You're not digging. You're hunting.
我们都知道那里没东西了
We both know there's nothing left to find.
不是那样的 只剩小东西
Not that way, not big.
是吧
Don't we?
卡特先生 你的电♥话♥
Telegram for you, Mr. Carter.
谢谢 哈米德
Thank you, Hamid.
"无法提供经费 句号♥
"Unable to supply funds. Stop.
我月底来 句号♥
Arriving end of month. Stop.
看看进度 句号♥ 卡那封"
Will need to see progress. Stop. Carnarvon".
好的 标记这里 再往下挖几英尺
All right, mark the position and take it down another foot.
- 好的 卡特先生 - 默♥罕♥默♥德♥
- Yes, Mr. Carter. - Mohammed!
抱歉 这个遗迹不对游客开放 你得离开
I'm sorry, this site is closed to tourists. You'll have to leave.
我就是碰巧来着看看 你们在找宝藏吗
But I only just arrived. Are you looking for treasures?
抱歉 我们在工作
Sorry, we are trying to work.
所以拜托 如果你能
So please, if you could
回到你朋友去
return to your friends,
或者回去参加派对 什么的...
your party, wherever...
- 你见过卡特先生吗 - 抱歉 什么
- Have you met Mr. Carter? - Sorry, what?
大家都在说卡特先生
Everyone's talking about Mr. Carter.
说他是沙漠流浪者 只不过他是英国人
He's some sort of desert nomad, I think, only he's English.
他应该就在这里
He's supposed to be out here somewhere.
他们说找个洞
They said find a hole,
往里面看看 他可能就在最里面
look in it and you might find him at the bottom.
- 伊芙琳 - 谢天谢地 你半天才认出来
- Evelyn? - Goodness! That took a while.
但还是很不错了
Well done, though.
你好 卡特
Hello, Carter.
我们今天早上到的
We arrived this morning.
妈妈和美国的官员
Mama got into some frightful
有一些争执
fuss with the staff at the American House
爸爸不得不息事宁人
and Papa's having to pour oil on troubled waters.
我们应该再也得不到及时的服务了
I imagine we'll never get our drinks served on time again.
所以我就想从船上溜出来 来看看你怎么样了
So I decided to jump ship and come and see how you're doing.
你怎么样了
How are you doing?
很好 真的
Erm... very well, really.
非常激动 成果斐然
Very encouraging. Lots of good work.
天哪 卡特
Oh, dear God, Carter,
等爸爸来的时候 你得做得更好一点
you'll have to do better than that when Papa shows up.
好的
Right.
听着
Now, listen.
因为战争之类的原因
We're not in funds at the moment,
我们目前资金紧缺 你明白吗
with the war and everything. Do you understand?
嗯
Yes.
妈妈说埃及的生意
Mama says this Egyptian business
快要赔光我们的家底了
is little more than gambling the estate away.
好的
Right.
好的
Right.
你需要说服的是我妈妈 不是爸爸
She's the one you need to convince, not him.
我明白
I see.
好的
Yes.
你仍然相信在这里 对吗 你还没有放弃
You still believe it's here, don't you? You haven't given up?
没错 我...
Oh, no. I...
他们今天下午会来
They'll be here this afternoon.
你最好准备好 卡特 否则他们会让你停工的
You'd better be convincing, Carter, or they'll shut you down.
目前 这里整片区域被划成了四等分
Now, this whole area here has been quartered and charted
我们准备向您的后方
and we are now preparing to work our way...
也就是山谷的方向挖
right up into the neck of the Valley behind you.
看看他 用沙子造梦
Look at him, spinning sand into dreams.
他真是活在梦里
He's his own fairy tale.
没想到伊芙丽挺漂亮啊 你觉得呢
Evelyn's turned out quiet well, don't you think?
典型的英国装扮