在你看来
In your opinion, who do
谁是最有资历的埃及古物学者呢
you feel is the best qualified Egyptologist?
显然我们需要一个 有亲身经验的人
Obviously we need someone with first-hand experience
他挖过和保护过这三千年前的陪葬品
of excavating and preserving 3,000-year-old funerary goods.
或许你能列给我一个合适专家的名单
Perhaps you could give me a list of suitable experts?
我想我们都清楚 只有一个人合适
I think we both know there's really only one man.
这都是怎么回事
What's all this?
世界在变啊 老朋友
This is the world turning, old boy.
上面颁布最新法令
The latest edict from on high.
从现在开始 这谷里发现的所有东西
From now on, anything found in the valley
都属于考古部门的财产
is the property of the Antiquities Service.
不仅是王室陵墓... 是所有东西
Not just royal tombs... anything at all.
陶器碎片 铜制顶针
A scrap of faience, a copper thimble,
你找到了 就要直接运去开罗
you find it, it goes straight to Cairo.
你什么都得不到
You don't get a cent.
- 你不是在开玩笑吧 - 我也希望我是
- You must be joking? - I wish I were.
没人愿意在这种条件下继续进行挖掘工作
The man can't justify digging under those conditions. No-one can.
所有人都要回家了
Everyone's going home.
除了你
Everyone except you.
恐怕 你得放下你的尊严
You'll have to swallow your pride, I'm afraid.
跟拉科道歉
Apologise to Lacau.
不用当面道歉 写个字条就行
Not in person. A note of hand would do it.
然后你就可以像以前一样 继续挖掘工作了
And then you can go on as before. See it through.
我可以跟常人一样谦卑
Well, I can be as humble as the next man.
- 是吗 - 如果我不道歉...
- Really? - You know, if I didn't apologise...
如果我们再也不能进到那个墓穴里...
if we didn't get access to that tomb again...
我一直在想 那就太糟糕了吧
I was thinking, would it be so very bad?
那所有事都画不上句号♥了
Well, then nothing would have to come to an end.
多久呢
For how long?
可能一辈子吧
A lifetime, maybe.
只要这里一天没完工
So long as it remains unfinished...
我们就一天不走
we're here.
对吧
Aren't we?
而其他的地方...
And out here...
- 一切皆有可能 - 卡特
- anything is possible. - Carter
我这辈子都在寻找一件东西
I have been searching my entire life.
这么多年来 我一直以为是墓室
And for years now, I thought it was the tomb.
墓室 我找到墓室 才会感到生命的完整
The tomb. When I find the tomb I will feel complete.
我就会成为霍华德·卡特
I will be Howard Carter.
但我已经找到了
But I've found it.
第一晚站在那里的时候...
Standing there that first night...
被无数的珍贵财宝...
Surrounded by treasure...
和美好事物包围着的时候
So much beauty.
而我唯一想看的却是你
The only thing I wanted to look at was you.
我想...
I thought...
希望你能收下这个
I was hoping you could have this.
你还记得吗 你...
Do you remember? You...
拿起来了 就因为...
picked it up because it...
卡特 别说了
Carter, stop it.
我要结婚了
I'm getting married.
你... 你回来了 你到这里来了
You... you came back. You're here...
我得让你继续挖掘啊
I had to get you your dig back.
所以我回来了
That's why I came.
你... 要嫁给谁
And... who is he?
他叫比切姆
His name's Beecham.
是个准男爵
He's a baronet.
做了对的事 为了家庭和财产
Right thing to do. Family and the estate.
那对于你来说呢 嫁了对的人吗
And for you? The right thing to do for you?
他是什么样的人 他...
Yes, and what's he like? Is he...
他人怎么样
Hm? What's he like?
他跟你一点也不像
He's nothing like you.
再见 伊芙琳
Good bye, Evelyn.
别傻了 我们之间不用道别啊
Don't be silly. There's no goodbye between us.
但是 其实还是要的 对吧
Yes, well, there is, though, isn't there?
真的
Really.
再见 卡特
Good bye, Carter.
怎么样
Well?
我们可以继续挖掘了
Well, we'll get the dig back.
太好了 这都是值得的
Good boy. It's worth it, you know?
是啊 确实
Yes, indeed.
怎么了
What is it?
没事
It's nothing.
你去告诉大伙好吗
Would you tell the chaps?
当然
Of course.
来吧 来吧
Roll up, roll up!
世界上最伟大的表演又开始了
The greatest show on Earth is back in town.
最后一次看到这个时代的奇迹了
Last chance to see the wonders of the age.
小心
Mind your step.
看起来还一样啊
Looks much the same.
能开灯吗
Can we have the lights, please?
我的天哪
Oh, my word!
我们得重新绑一下 把所有东西都清理一下
Well, we need to re-rig, get the whole thing clear.
棺材呢
What about the coffin?
- 表面有点生锈了 - 不算太糟
- There's some surface patination. - It's not bad.
- 是啊 还好 - 谢天谢地
- No, it's not bad. - Thank God.
晚饭你不在 我们很想你啊
We missed you at dinner.
我从宴会上带了点剩菜
I bring scraps from the feast.
你真是太好了
That's good of you.
放在那边就可以了 好吗
Erm, put them down there, would you?
你看 他们用沥青涂满了整个棺材的外部
They filled the outer coffin with pitch, you see.
很聪明 真的 因为里面的所有东西
Rather clever, really, because everything inside
就能完好的保存下来
would be perfectly preserved but...
就是特别难弄掉
it's the very devil to remove.
也不能加热让它融化
You can't heat it up, of course.
只能一点一点地刮下来
You just have to take it off bit by bit.
卡特 现在都大半夜的了
Carter, it's the middle of the night.
是啊 不过在这地下就无所谓了 是吧
Yes, well, it doesn't really matter underground, does it?
无论如何 还是赶赶吧
Any case, best to press on.
还有很多事情要干呢
Lot of work to be done here.
我能帮你吗
Can I help?
谢谢
Thank you.
温洛克
Winlock.
- 怎么了 - 起来了
- What? - Wake up.
过来看看
Come and see this.
你好 先生 看这边 看这边 先生
Excuse me? Sir, turn this way. This way, sir.
先生 看一下这边就好 就一下...
Just for a moment, sir. One second...
看这边 先生
Over here, sir.
- 默顿先生 - 是
- Mr. Merton? - Yes.
- 过来吧 - 谢谢
- Come through. - Thank you.
这真是...
It's...
太惊人了
astonishing.
我从没见过这样的东西
I've never seen anything like it.
没有人见过
Nobody has.
三千年前 一个十二岁的国王
3,000 years ago, a 12-year-old
带领人♥民♥远离过去
king led his people away from their past.
远离他们犯下的错
Away from their mistakes.
来到了这里
Brought them here.
这三个棺材是层层套起来的
These three coffins were nested inside each other.
就像俄♥罗♥斯♥套娃
Like Russian dolls.
有人问过我 法老到底是什么样的人
Somebody asked me once what the Pharaohs were like.
我说 他们跟我们并没有什么差别
I said they weren't that different from us.
有的很仁慈 有的很残酷
Some of them were kind or...
有明智的 也有愚蠢的
cruel, wise, foolish.
他们也会坠入爱河
They fell in love.
也会渴求永生
They strove for immortality.
就像我们一样
Just like us.
你想要的报道已经有了吧 默顿先生
I think you have your story, Mr. Merton.
是啊
Yes.
失陪
Excuse me.
过去的这些年...
These past years...