剧集 | 荣耀之女(2014) | 导航列表
This country took him in and the protection it offered
是这个国家收留了他 它所提供的庇护
became the defining experience of his life.
成了日后决定他人生走向的经历
Eli Stein believed that no home could thrive
伊莱·斯坦因坚信 没有铜墙铁壁做防护
unless it was surrounded by strong walls.
没有任何家园可以兴盛
And so, yes, it's true.
所以 没错
His company name, my family name,
他的公♥司♥名 我的家族姓氏
was stamped on the side of mortar shells and rifles and tanks...
都被刻印在了迫击炮 来♥复♥枪♥ 坦克的侧身
because that's what my father offered Israel.
因为那就是我父亲贡献给以色列的东西
Strong walls for a fledgling nation.
为一个初生的国家提供铜墙铁壁
And that's what cost him his life, here in this room...
那也让他失去了生命 就在这个房♥间里
..29 years ago.
就在29年前
Kasim?
卡西姆
Last year, Israel's gross domestic product...
去年 以色列的国内生产总值
exceeded 220 billion dollars.
超过了2200亿美元
I know my father would be very proud of that figure.
我知道我父亲一定会为这一数字感到很骄傲的
A fledgling state no more,
不再是一个柔弱的新生国
I think you'll agree,
我想大家都同意这一点吧
but one that's thriving within strong walls.
而是一个在铜墙铁壁之下兴旺发达的国家
Last year, the combined domestic product of the Palestinian territories
去年 巴勒斯坦境内的国内生产总值
barely touched four billion dollars.
勉强也就40亿美元
Four.
What a difference a wall makes.
一道墙造成的真是天壤之别
I believe in Israel
我对以色列充满信心
and I believe I can say this with heartfelt intent,
我这么说绝对是有深切的体会
because like Her, I am also an orphan.
因为跟我的祖国一样 我也是个孤儿
I lost most of my extended family to the Holocaust,
我的大部分家人都葬送在了大屠♥杀♥当中
my father here in this room
在这个房♥间里失去了我父亲
and my mother to childbirth, delivering me.
我母亲也在生我时难产而死
My brother and I know what it means
我哥哥和我深知
to have to forge an existence alone, without family.
在没有家人的情况下独自存活是何感受
Kasim?
卡西姆
And how precious it is, no...
并且有多么珍贵...
It's Mummy!
我是妈咪
..How necessary it is to feel secure after such a loss.
在经历惨痛的失去之后 重新获得安全感有多重要
But when Ephra and I took over this company,
但是当埃弗拉和我接管公♥司♥的时候
almost a decade ago now,
大约也就是十年前
we decided on a fundamental change.
我们决定进行一项根本性的变革
In our view, amongst the greatest threats to Israel
在我们看来 在以色列面临的所有威胁之中
is Palestinian poverty.
最大的就是巴勒斯坦的贫穷
Terror thrives in poverty,
贫穷滋生恐♥怖♥主♥义♥
it dies in wealth.
富裕则能将其终结
And so we decided that instead of mines, we would lay cables.
所以我们决定不再采矿 而是铺设电缆线
Millions of miles of cables, for telephones, for the internet,
几百万英里的电缆线 服务于电♥话♥ 网络
millions of miles of communication.
几百万英里的通讯线路
Because we believe that the strongest wall
因为我们坚信 我们可以帮助以色列
we can help Israel to maintain,
维护的最坚实的墙壁
is the one through which equality of opportunity can pass.
就是双边能够实现机会均等的一道墙
Kasim?
卡西姆
And so today, after months of negotiation with both
所以今天 在经历了长达几个月的
the Palestinian Authority and the Israeli government,
与巴民族权力机构及以政♥府♥的磋商之后
I am finally in a position to announce
我终于可以宣布
that the Phase Three roll-out of broadband internet
在整个西岸地区建立宽带网络的
throughout the West Bank has been agreed.
第三♥期♥推广项目已获得了一致通过
Fibre optic...
光纤
linking every university, every hospital,
将为每一所大学 每一座医院
every school to high-speed internet.
每个学校 提供高速的网络
Universities we helped fund
我们出资赞助的大学
to give hospitals we helped to build the graduates they need.
将为我们帮助建立的医院提供医学类毕业生
Are you lost?
你迷路了吗
As you know, the Stein Group
众所周知 斯坦因集团
is always looking to make partnerships
一直在寻找合作机会
and I know the competition for this particular contract has been fierce.
我也深知 针对这个合同的竞争很激烈
But I am now in a position to say
但我现在可以向大家宣布
that the winner of the Phase Three contract...
第三♥期♥合同的最后胜出者
..Is Samir Meshal of Qassim Communications.
是咔西姆通讯公♥司♥的萨米尔·玛肖
Is he here?
他来了吗
Kasim!
卡西姆
He was nice.
他挺好的
He was a stranger! And what do strangers do?
他是个陌生人 陌生人会怎样你知道吗
They steal little boys who don't tell their mother
他们会拐走那些不告诉妈妈
where they're going, OK?
自己去向的小孩 明白吗
Great. Come on.
很好 来吧
What the fuck you think you've done, hmm?
你♥他♥妈♥的这是干了什么好事啊
I'm sorry. Oh, you're sorry?
我很抱歉 你很抱歉是吗
I rolled out Phase One and phase Two just for you
我替你做完了第一♥期♥和第二♥期♥工程
and now you're sorry?
现在你说句抱歉就行了吗
Samir fucking Meshal.
狗♥日♥的♥萨米尔·玛肖
That guy is so mired in Palestinian politics,
那家伙跟巴勒斯坦政♥府♥牵扯甚深
he opens his eyes, they're still covered in shit.
他打开了视界 但他们依然狗屎满身
He's clean, Shlomo. We checked.
他是干净的 希罗姆 我们查过了
Oh, you checked.
你查过了
Just like we have to check on everyone who wants to work with us.
我们会调查每一个想跟我们合作的人
Just like we had to check on you.
比如我们也查了一下你
Well, what's that?
那是什么
In October 2009, you received a contract for 287 million dollars
2009年十月 你拿下了一个价值2.87亿美元的合同
from a Lebanese French private bank
对方是黎巴嫩一家法国私人银行
to supply computer systems,
你需要为他们提供电脑系统
which were then shipped to a West African state.
但之后这些东西被运送到了一个西非国家
The proceeds of their resale were then returned
他们转售所得的收益被退到了
to a Lebanese holding account,
一个黎巴嫩账户
where they were then layered through a number of further shell companies
然后层层分配到一系列的空壳公♥司♥
until the laundered funds finally arrived back to their original source.
直到洗钱成功后 又转回到最初的账户中
Hezbollah.
真♥主♥党
This is bullshit.
真是一派胡言
I'm sure the original sale was perfectly legal
我敢肯定最初的售卖♥♥是完全合法的
and you were unaware of what followed.
你对接下来的转售也毫不知情
But unfortunately, we had to be.
但不幸的是 我们不得不查清
What the fuck?
搞什么东西
Where'd you get this? Hmm?
你从哪儿得到这些的
All right, it's not true.
听好 这不是真的
You listening to me? It's not true.
你听到我说的了吗 这不是真的
We cannot carry secrets, Shlomo. Ever.
我们不能包藏秘密 希罗姆 永远不能
But it isn't one of them. Whoever gave you this is lying.
但这不是什么秘密 给你这份材料的人是在造谣
I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
我很抱歉 真的
Sorry! You're sorry, for Christ's sakes! Ness, I...
抱歉 老天啊 奈莎 我...
Ephra, pull your sister in line!
埃弗拉 快劝你妹妹恢复理智
Like I said, Shlomo, she runs the business.
正如我所说 她全权负责运营公♥司♥业务
Oh, she runs the business.
她全权负责运营公♥司♥业务
Are you, are you mad? Are you fucking mad?
你是疯了吗 你♥他♥妈♥是疯了吗
You're getting rid of me?
你是要撇开我吗
I've been loyal to your family longer than you've been alive.
我从你尚未出生时 就开始效忠你的家族
I know that. You know, you know.
我知道这一点 是啊 你知道呢
You keep picking and choosing and dropping and fucking up,
你精挑细选的 舍弃一堆 搞砸一切
pretty soon you end up on your own.
很快你就会孤零零一个人
And out there...
要面对那个世界
trust me, you can't be alone.
相信我 一个人可不行
I'm not alone.
我不是一个人
Oh, you think a red robe is going to protect you, huh?
你觉得你的爵位就可以保护你了吗
Is that what this is, some massive father thing?
是这么回事吗 找到一把大保护伞了吗
You think that place is going to protect you, because he can't?
你以为那地方可以保护你吗 他保护不了的
All they want to do is keep you so close
他们的目的 不过是和你保持亲密
you can't escape when they decide to knife you.
等他们向你下刀时 你就无法逃脱了
Nessa, my daughter, you have enemies enough already.
奈莎 我的女儿 你已经有够多的敌人了
It's the Middle East, Shlomo. Enemies is what you make.
那里是中东 希罗姆 树敌是常态
So all the more reason to keep your friends.
所以才更应该维持好现有的朋友
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
So what does it finally feel like to be in the House of Lords?'
请问成功进入上议院是何感觉
A great honour. But why you?'
非常荣幸 但为何会选择你呢
I hope it's a reflection
我希望这反映出
of the UK's continuing commitment to the Middle East
英国希望继续加深与中东地区的互动
and to progressive ways of thinking about it.
剧集 | 荣耀之女(2014) | 导航列表