is neither here nor there.
不是他效率低
He's not slow,
他正在收集可能的新证据
it's that he's gathering potentially new evidence.
那是同一台电脑
It's the same computer.
双方请的都是电脑取证的专家
Both of your experts are computer forensic specialists.
我不认为两个训练有素的人
I can hardly see how two trained men
检查同一台电脑
looking at the same equipment
会得出截然不同的结论
could produce so radically different conclusions
并对审判结果产生影响
that it would make a difference.
恐怕这是不可能的
I'm afraid it simply isn't on.
如果法官阁下能再仔细考虑...
I think if My Lord could look a little closer...
你的申请被拒了 这个决定不会更改
Your application was refused and it shall stay refused.
我不会因藐视法庭而处罚你
I will decline from pursuing you on contempt
但这是给你的最后一次警告
but let this be your last and final warning.
现在是午餐时间 暂时休庭
We'll break for lunch now.
木已成舟 伯顿先生
But the train is on the tracks, Mr Burton.
为了你的委托人着想
And for the sake of your client
你还是随机应变为好
I suggest you deal with it.
-明白 法官阁下 -起立
- My Lord. - All rise.
威尔
Will?
你要睡会儿觉
You should try and sleep.
-我没事 -我说真的
- I'm fine. - I mean it.
你认为自己战无不胜 但其实不是这样
You think you're invincible, and you're not.
我们应该给这些窗户换锁
We should get new locks on these windows.
你听到我的话了吗
Were you even listening to me?
换成带钥匙的框架锁
Frame locks, with keys.
我的天 接下来的两个月
Oh, God. You're going to drive me crazy
你是要把我逼疯吗
for the next two months now, aren't you?
我的一位同事刚为一个十二岁男孩辩护
A colleague of mine just defended a 12-year-old boy
他把下水道清洗剂
who poured drain cleaner
灌进了好朋友的喉咙
down the throat of his best mate
就因为他朋友不让他用自己的手♥机♥玩游戏
because he wouldn't let him play a game on his phone.
什么世道
The world is broken.
你不该在睡觉前看恐怖电影的
You shouldn't watch scary movies so close to bedtime.
是啊
Yeah.
你的表现可没给我什么信心 威尔
Not inspiring much confidence up there, Will.
我知道我在做什么 福伊尔先生
I know what I'm doing, Mr. Foyle.
我在那儿可没看到
Not from where I'm sitting.
-那就解雇我 -为什么我要那么做
- So sack me. - Why would I want to do that?
你说呢
You tell me.
只要我受雇于你 就为你工作
I work for you as long as you'll have me.
我道歉 威尔 我知道你在尽力帮我
I apologise, Will. I know you've got my back.
很感谢你对我坦诚相待
I appreciate your honesty very much.
我们继续吧
Shall we get on?
-你只有一台电脑 对吗 -没错
- You only have one computer, is that correct? - Yes.
但我不明白这与那女人的遭遇
But I don't see what that's got to do with
有什么关系
what happened to that woman.
你会明白的
You will.
必须有人为桑德拉·马林斯的死付出代价
Someone must pay for what happened to Sandra Mullins.
我们面临的是人性危机
Our very humanity is at stake,
正如我这位渊博的同行所说
as my learned friend has indicated.
如果利亚姆·福伊尔有罪的话
It would be convenient for everyone here today
对今天在座的人而言是顺理成章的
if Liam Foyle was guilty.
戴上手铐后 他将永不能翻身
The cuffs go on and he's gone forever.
看上去似乎是铁证如山
The evidence seems overwhelming.
但事实并非如此
But it is not.
可能福伊尔先生并不招人喜欢
We may dislike Mr. Foyle.
如果我们看到他走过来 可能都要绕道走
We might cross the street if we saw him coming.
但为他辩护并不需要喜欢他
But we do not have to like him to defend him.
因为这里并不是比人气
Because this is not a popularity contest,
也不是搞政♥治♥迫♥害♥
this is not a witch-hunt,
这里是法庭
this is a court of law,
在这个国度 当你被指控犯罪时
and in this country, when you're accused of a crime
在最终被证明有罪前 都假定你是无辜的
you are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty.
毫无疑问 我这位渊博的同行
And make no mistake, not a shred of what you've heard from
为检方说的每一句话
my learned friend acting for the Prosecution
都是无凭无据的
has given any proof at all.
所展示的是不可靠的证人证词
I will show you unreliable witnesses,
懒惰无能的法医鉴定
lazy forensic science,
以及情感诉求 而不是事实真♥相♥
emotional appeals instead of factual accuracies.
就是如此 还妄自断言我的委托人
Oh, yes, and the casual assertion that my client is
是极端色情片的消费者
a consumer of extreme pornography.
首先 我们来谈谈这一点
First, I think, we will talk about that.
我的专业是电脑取证和数据分♥析♥
I am an expert in forensic computer data analysis.
克罗博士 你检查过福伊尔先生的
Dr. Crowe, have you had a chance to examine the hard drive of
电脑硬盘吗
the computer belonging to Mr. Foyle?
检查过
Yes, I have.
你是按照这起案件的
And you did this instructed by
检察官的指示去做的 对吗
the Prosecution in this case, is that correct?
是的
Yes.
遗憾的是 为辩方
And unfortunately Dr. Weeks, the gentleman
检查电脑的威克斯博士
who has helped examine the computer for the Defence
还没能完成他的工作
has not yet finished his work.
不过他把到目前为止的记录给了我
However, he has passed me his notes to date
我想就此对你提几个问题
and I'd like to ask you questions about them.
不论你使用电脑浏览过什么网站
Wherever you go on the internet, using a computer,
都会留下痕迹
you leave footprints.
-对吗 -没错
- Is that correct? - Yes, it is.
即便把文件删除了
Even if you've deleted a file,
像你这样的专家还是能找出痕迹
someone like you is able to see it.
-通常是如此 -你到底想问什么
- Most of the time. - Where is this going?
在我的专家缺席的情况下 法官阁下
And in the absence of my own expert, My Lord,
我这位渊博的同行友好地
my learned friend has kindly
提供检方的专家来参与审理此案
tendered the Prosecution expert on this matter.
我请求跟他探讨一下这一点
I beg some time to explore this point with him.
好吧
Very well.
我渊博的同行断言我的委托人
My learned friend alleges that my client paid for and viewed,
经常购买♥♥和观看
on a regular basis,
大量不堪入目的图片 包括
numerous depraved and abusive images, including...
"折磨 损毁 勒杀和奸尸的行为"
"Acts of torture, mutilation, strangulation, and necrophilia."
在你对他的电脑的分♥析♥中
Um, in your analysis of his computer,
你有否证实福伊尔先生
did you establish that Mr Foyle
确实访问过那些图片
had actually visited any of those websites that
所属的网站吗
pertained to those images?
-没有 但他的信♥用♥卡♥账单 -谢谢
- No, but his credit card bills... - Thank you.
我渊博的同行声称我的委托人用信♥用♥卡♥
And my learned friend asserted that my client paid for access
购买♥♥了那些网站的访问权限
to many of those websites with his credit card.
那么
Now,
如果他没有访问这些网站 为什么要付钱呢
why would he pay for them if he didn't actually visit them?
这话说起来不中听
It may sound reprehensible
但他付的钱没有得到回报 不是吗
but he's not getting his money's worth, is he?
如果他不访问那些网站
How did he pay for access
那又是如何购买♥♥权限的呢
to those sites without actually visiting them?
在他的上网记录中 他向许多色♥情♥网♥站♥
Many porn sites were on his internet history
提供了信♥用♥卡♥的信息
to which he submitted his credit card details.
这样他就能得到一个解锁其他内容的密♥码♥
That's how he received a password to unlock other content elsewhere.
他的信♥用♥卡♥信息有没有可能是伪造的呢
Is it possible that his card details were falsified at that point?
你是什么意思
How do you mean?
就是当他向成♥人♥网♥站♥提供信息时
That when he submitted his details to the adult site,
它们被
they were taken
未知的第三方盗取和利用
and used by unknown third parties
并用来购买♥♥和解锁你所说的"其他内容"
to pay for and unlock this "other content" as you call it.
-有那种可能吗 -我觉得有吧 有
- Is that possible? - I suppose so, yes.
考虑到这种可能性 如果我们能证明
So given this possibility, if we were to prove, in this court,
真的发生了信息伪造 那福伊尔先生
that such falsification occurred, would Mr Foyle be shown to be,
是不是就成了身份欺诈的受害者
in fact, a victim of identity fraud?
法官阁下 这不是有关极端色情的庭审
My lord, this is not a trial about extreme pornography,
而是审理令人发指的谋杀...
this is about the horrific murder...
我们的专家本来在证实其中的联♥系♥
Our expert was in the process of proving this link.
因此我们所提出的延期申请被驳回了
Hence our application for an adjournment, which was refused.
我渊博的同行提出了一系列