谢谢你 我的朋友
Thank you my friend.
shad2前情回顾
不客气 保重
Pleasure. Take care.
你不该在睡觉前看恐怖电影的
You shouldn't watch scary movies so close to bedtime.
凯特 杰米
Kate? Jamie!
爸爸
Dad!
-你替他辩护 -你跟我一样清楚
- You're defending him. - You know as well as I do,
无论好坏 每个人都有权申辩
for good or bad, everyone deserves a defence.
伯顿先生不能以律师身份出庭
Mr Burton will not be in court.
他是目击者 无论如何都不能代表检方
As he's a witness, he cannot act for the Crown in any way.
所以他只能看着
So he just has to watch.
福伊尔有个储物间 有人帮他接管了
Foyle had a storage unit. Someone took it on after him.
要是调查没有进展
If something's not turning up,
就意味着你要换个角度入手
you need to look for it somewhere else.
你当天晚上做的晚餐是什么
And what did you make for dinner that night?
奶油培根意面
Spaghetti carbonara!
我应该更拼命地跟他打
I should've fought him harder.
杰米 你在说什么
Jamie, What are you saying?
我抓伤了他的头
I scratched his head.
你用手去抓他了
You scratched him with your hands?
-然后我躲起来了 -你挪过位置
- And then I hid. - You moved?!
法医在小屋里找到了DNA
"The forensic team just found DNA at the cottage."
福伊尔的DNA吗
Foyle's?
他们想见面谈
"They want to meet."
你在发现妻子的震惊和悲伤之中
In the shock and trauma of finding your wife,
你看向窗外 看到一个男人
you look up at the window and see a man
如果此人消失 则对你非常有利
whose absence from your life would be very useful indeed,
但并不是他 对吗 伯顿先生
but it wasn't that man, was it, Mr Burton?
只是你希望是他
You just wanted it to be.
-谢谢 早安 -早安 兰伯特医生
- Thanks. Morning! - Good morning, Doctor Lambert.
对不起我迟到了 给我提个醒儿
Sorry I'm late. Remind me...
-低数值DNA 凯特·伯顿 -想起来了
- Low-count DNA. Kate Burton. - Oh, yeah.
今天的证词要简短直接
Straight and short this morning.
他们会在低数值上面为难你
They'll try and trip you on the low count.
回答简洁明了就好
Keep your answers simple.
谢谢提醒 这种事我已经做过三四百次了
Thanks for the tip. I've only done this three or 400 times.
这种分♥析♥是否可以证明
Did this analysis prove conclusively
在小屋发现的DNA
that the DNA discovered in the cottage
与某个人的DNA吻合
matches that of a particular individual?
-可以 -与谁的DNA吻合
- It did. - Whose DNA did the sample match?
我们发现该DNA与利亚姆·福伊尔先生吻合
We matched the sample to the DNA of Mr Liam Foyle.
我们的检测过程十分严格
We are very stringent about our quality controls.
对于工作向来一丝不苟
We take our job extremely seriously.
这样我们就放心了
That is very reassuring.
去年检察署起诉福伊尔先生时
Were you responsible for analysing
是你们负责检验案子的DNA样本吗
DNA samples in connection with Crown vs Foyle last year?
我想是的
I believe so.
你想是的
You believe so?
是我们负责的
Yes, we were.
为了做那份检验 我委托人的DNA样本
And in order to do that, samples of my client's DNA
会被送到你们实验室进行分♥析♥检测 对吧
would've been sent to and processed by your lab, is that correct?
-是的 有个... -谢谢
- Well, yes, there's a... - Thank you.
所以当时我委托人的DNA
So my client's DNA, at that time,
如同老房♥子里的灰尘
would've been effectively distributed
撒满了你们的实验室 对吧
throughout that lab like dust through an old house?
-法官阁下 -我想你的问话是有目的的吧
- My Lord! - I take it this is leading somewhere?
马上就说到了 法官阁下
I'm just arriving now, My Lord.
兰伯特医生 我有份你们实验室的宣誓证词
Dr Lambert, I have a sworn statement from your laboratory
其中指出本月12日 所有的无菌房♥
that confirms a deep clean was performed in all clean-room areas
都进行了一次彻底清理
on the 12th of this month.
-你提前进行了清理 为什么 -搞什么
- You brought the schedule forward. Why was that? - Oh, come on!
梅菲尔德先生
Mr Mayfield...
兰伯特医生 请回答
Dr Lambert, if you please...
我们定期进行清理
We conduct regular cleaning.
最近决定要增加
We recently decided to increase
-清理次数 -为什么要提前进行
- the number of cleans... - Why was the schedule brought forward?
我注意到你们的日常清理都是
I notice that your cleaning schedule is normally
严格按规定执行的 所以肯定有事发生
enacted on a clear and regulated basis, so something must've happened.
有这个必要
It was necessary.
你们是否正在实验室里
Are you or are you not in the process of an internal investigation
针对污染程度进行内部调查
into the viability of contaminants within the laboratory?
请回答是或不是
Please answer yes or no.
但我怎么回答...
But you can't answer...
是
Yes.
你是担心你们的错误率过高吗
Are you concerned about your failure rate?
我是不是...谁不担心错误率的问题
Am I...? Everyone's concerned about their failure rate!
-整个行业都担心 -谢谢
- It's an industry-wide concern! - Thank you.
法官阁下 我们先前可不知道这个
My Lord, this is new information.
确实应该早些公布出来
It should've been disclosed, certainly.
毫无疑问的是
What's clear beyond doubt is,
该DNA证据是完全不能采信的
this DNA evidence is utterly compromised.
-你得阻止她 -有点为时过晚
- You have to stop her. - It's a wee bit late for that.
她那是颠倒黑白 混淆是非
She's twisting the facts around to make them wrong.
倒是干得挺不错的
Doing a good job of it, too.
要是没有DNA证据 我们还有什么
If we don't have this DNA, then what do we have?
麻烦
A problem.
奶油培根意面
Spaghetti carbonara
餐后甜点是北极雪卷
and an Arctic roll for afters.
莫里斯女士 那是辩方关心的问题
Miss Morris, that's a matter for defence counsel.
我只想问你储物间搜查的结果
All I want to ask you about is the search of your storage unit,
而不是不在场证明 尽管不怎么样
not the defence alibi, such as it is.
-请如实回答我的问题 -法官阁下
- Please stick to the matter at hand. - My Lord!
赶紧问 梅菲尔德先生
Get on with it, Mr Mayfield.
莫里斯女士 你租了储物间吗
Miss Morris, you maintain a contract with this storage facility?
是的
I do, yes.
几天前警方搜查你的储物间时
And when these premises were searched by the police a few days ago,
发现了一双12号♥的靴子
a pair of size-12 boots was recovered from your unit,
-是吗 -是的 在另一个储物间
- isn't that right? - Yes, er, the other unit.
是你的靴子吗 对你来说好像有点大啊
Are these your boots? They seem rather large for you!
什么另一个储物间
What other unit?
法官阁下 这是新证据
My Lord, this is new information!
所有新证据昨天都已经告知辩方律师了
All new information was given to my learned friend yesterday.
证物连续性 法官阁下
Chain of continuity, My Lord...
庭警
Usher.
那是针对艾琳·莫里斯储物间内物品的搜查令
The warrant was for Eileen Morris's possessions in the storage unit.
-无权搜查F38 只有F37 -如果
- They had no authority to search F38. Only F37. - If...
搜查F38是不合法的
The search of F38 was unlawful.
如果辩方对证物有疑问
If defence had a problem with the evidence,
应该在适当时间提出
they should've argued it at the appropriate time.
我们刚得知此事
The issue has only just come to light.
福伊尔以前用过F37的事实与本案有关
Foyle's previous use of F37 connects him to it.
符合证物连续性
It falls within the chain of continuity.
F38则是完全不相关的
F38 was entirely separate!
法官阁下 我理所应当请您
Judge, obviously I will ask you
依照第78条排除这一非法物证
to exclude this evidence under Section 78.
它们就挨在一起 这...
It was the unit next door! It...
对于你的请求 我当然同意
And should you request, I will no doubt accede.
那我建议 法官阁下
Then, I respectfully submit, My Lord,
无须答辩
there is no case to answer.
由于缺乏可信证据
In the absence of any viable evidence
明明有令人信服的证据
There is compelling evidence!
目击者证词来自一个伤心的人
The eyewitness evidence of a broken man,
独自在黑暗中 情绪失常
alone and devastated in the dark...
我听过了辩方律师
Having heard arguments from counsel
就本次庭审中证据可信度的意见
as to the strength of the evidence at this stage of the trial,
作出以下结论
I have concluded the following...
供陪审团参考
There is insufficient evidence
继续庭审的证据不足
for the case to continue for your consideration.
因此我建议
For that reason, on my direction,
你们可作出无罪判决
you will return a verdict of not guilty.
根据法官阁下的建议