我们仍需整理一遍关键论点
All the same we need to collate some skeleton arguments
在辩方提出特恩布尔指引时 好将其驳倒
some on how to beat a Turnbull Direction should it come to it.
特恩布尔指引 有关目击证人辨认的庭审条款
这就好像在隧♥道♥里跟地铁争论一样
That's like arguing with a tube train in a tunnel.
我们还有别的选择吗
I don't see they have much choice.
没有 确实如此
No, well, quite.
多谢你们的帮助 我们说过会支持他的
Yes, thank you for all your help. We said we'd be there for him.
-没错 我们会的 -具体怎么支持
- Yes, well we will be. - How, exactly?
我们可能忽略了一条线索
I think we've missed a trick.
我一直在翻查以前的档案
I've been digging in the old files.
有一个储物间
There was a storage unit.
是福伊尔在桑德拉·马林斯被杀前租的
Foyle had one before the Sandra Mullins murder.
当时并未将它归为证据
It didn't make it into the evidence
因为他在半年前就将其清空了
because he'd emptied it six months before.
然后交给了别人 猜猜接手的是谁
It was passed on to somebody else. Want to guess who?
她提供了不在场证明
She's his alibi.
在自己家里为他做了晚餐
She cooked him dinner at her home.
那好
Ok...
你确定储物间是她租的吗
You're sure she was paying for this?
从那时起就从银行直接付款
Direct debit ever since.
我们没找到跟案件有关的线索
If we're drawing a blank on the link to the locus
bei12010年1月到3月 利·福伊尔
2010年4月到12月 艾琳·莫里斯
不代表没有线索
it doesn't mean there isn't one,
只能说明我们找错了方向
it might just mean we're looking in the wrong place.
证明推♥翻♥假定[拉丁文]
Probatio vincit praesumptionem.
帮我给负责警官打个电♥话♥
Get a call into the OIC for me, will you?
我们要申请搜查令
We need a warrant in motion.
与此同时
In the meantime,
我们重新调查艾琳·莫里斯的所有情况
let's revisit all we know about Eileen Morris.
负责警官的电♥话♥
The IOC for you.
他终于发现
It's like he's finally worked out
怎么用自己的脑子了
how to switch on his brain.
怎么了
What is it?
他们又给我打电♥话♥了 问我证词的事
They called me again, about my statement.
你不是给过了吗
I thought you gave one?
他们要我再说一遍
They asked me to clarify it. Again.
-你怎么说的 -我告诉他们真♥相♥
- And what did you say? - Well, I told them the truth.
我告诉他们我们两个当晚在一起
I told them all about our evening.
那不就行了
Well, there are you, then.
可他们为什么还要我说呢
But why did they need to check up on me like that?
我也不知道
I don't know.
不过没什么好担心的 不是吗
But there's nothing more to worry about,... is there?
是的 应该没什么问题
No, I suppose there's not.
你看起来冻坏了
You look freezing.
进屋坐一会儿吧
Why don't you come in for a minute?
-我得先回家一趟 -就现在
- Oh, I just have to pop home first. - Now,
没问题吧
if that's OK.
好吧 好吧
Ok. Ok.
你会修水壶吗
You know anything about kettles?
插头没插好
Oh, it's switched off at the wall.
这些人 这些律师
These people, these lawyers,
他们看不起你
they don't see you.
你知道吗
Did you know that?
他们没有一点怜悯之心
They don't have an ounce of mercy in them.
老实说 艾琳
And I'll be honest, Eileen.
他们很会操纵别人
They can be very manipulative.
艾琳 我想尽我所能保护你 真的
Eileen, I want to protect you as best as I can, I really do,
但是...
but...
我需要你对自己更肯定一点
I need you to be a little more sure of yourself.
-肯定 -对你自己
- Sure? - Of yourself.
我能做到 没问题
Yeah, I think I can do that, yes.
你来扮演你自己 我来扮演他们
You be you... and I'll be them.
莫里斯女士 你能告诉法庭
Miss Morris, can you tell the court
十二月三日当晚你在哪里
where you were on the evening of the 3rd of December?
我在家里
I was at home.
你当晚吃了什么
And what did you have to eat?
-奶油培根意面 -错
- Spaghetti carbonara. - Wrong.
-意式蘑菇烩饭 -错
- Con funghi. - Wrong.
-不 不是 -不 不是
- No, it's not. - No, it's not.
我不...我不明白
I don't... I don't understand.
你的证言要有底气
Have courage in your conviction.
别被他们吓倒
Don't let them rattle you.
你当晚吃了什么
What did you have to eat?
意面...烩饭...
Spaghetti con... fu...
-我糊涂了 -是吗 艾琳 你糊涂吗
- I'm all confused now. - Are you, Eileen? Are you confused?
糊涂可帮不了我们
Confused doesn't help us.
糊涂只会把一切都搞砸
Confused makes everything go away.
我弄疼你了吗
Am I hurting you?
是的
Yes.
我...弄疼...你了吗
Am... I... hurting... you?
没有
No.
你当天晚上做的晚餐是什么
And what did you make for dinner that night?
奶油培根意面
S... Spaghetti Carbonara...
来杯茶吗
Cup of tea?
加文 我能问问您的专业意见吗
Gavin, can I ask your expert opinion on something.
-当然 -出庭律师不能指导证人 对吗
- Yes, of course. - A barrister can't coach a witness, correct?
这属于严重违纪 会被立即撤换
Gross misconduct. He'd be out in a flash.
那如果是证人指导出庭律师呢
What about a witness coaching a barrister?
我有一个朋友
I have a friend who is displaying
他突然变得很能干
a sudden and surprising burst of talent.
我觉得他在获取帮助
I think he's getting help.
那他不仅在拿自己的职业生涯冒险
Well, he's not just risking his own neck.
还在拿他的案子 他的委托人
He's risking his case, his client,
和他事务所的名誉冒险
and the reputation of his Chambers.
为了你的朋友着想
So, for the sake of your chum,
我建议你查清楚事情真♥相♥
I suggest you find out what's going on.
谢谢您
Thank you.
自助仓储
你要看看另一个吗 两个都是我的
Did you need to go in the other one? They're both mine.
我们会查的
Yes, we will.
有点...抱歉 有点挤
Well, it's a bit of a, sorry, a bit of a squeeze.
这个也是我的
Cos this one's mine as well, so...
他们在储物间发现了一双12码的靴子
They found a size 12 boot in the storage unit.
很有可能与案发地的脚印吻合
It's a strong candidate to match a tread in the locus.
福伊尔穿9码的鞋
Foyle's a size nine.
但这不妨碍他穿大点的靴子
Of course it doesn't stop him wearing a bigger boot.
别管不在场证明了 仔细调查靴子
Forget the alibi, focus on the boot.
要她出庭作证 建立两者之间的联♥系♥
Get her on stand and make the connection.
但如果我们把她当作我们的证人
But if we call her as our witness
我们就不能盘问她的不在场证明 对吧
we can't cross examine her on the alibi, can we?
她的不在场证明基于她的良好信誉
Her alibi's based on good character.
很难直接戳破她的证词
It's a hard sell to undermine her directly.
但如果你能利用储物间的证据
But if you show in court
在法庭上证明他们有私下交往
they have an undisclosed connection through the storage unit,
她的证言就不攻自破了
you are undermining her credibility.
如果你能证明那双靴子到过犯罪现场
You may not have to do any of that
那什么都不用做了
if you prove this boot was at the scene.
这是很重要的选择 现在是艰难时刻
It's a big choice. It's bite the bullet time.
你应该往这方面去调查
That's the way you should go.
塔拉来了 快走
Tara's here. Walk away.
塔拉来了 快走啊
Tara's here. Walk away.
证明两者的联♥系♥ 破坏证词 一箭双雕
Prove the link, undermine her. Double bubble.
还有 要确保搜查令可行
Oh, and make sure that warrant was kosher.
-特雷 怎么有点心不在焉 -塔拉
- Trev! Looking a little bit lost there. - Tara. Hi.
-你在这儿干什么 -丹尼也在这儿吗
- What are you doing here? - Is Danny around?
怎么 你看见他了吗
Why, have you seen him?
怎么样
How bad?
她看见哈里斯了 可能也看见你了
She saw Harris. And she may have seen you too.
这下惨了 我们完了
So we're burned. We're done.
接下去怎么办
So what happens now?
只能自求多福了
We cross our bloody fingers.