伯顿先生 我知道这样的状况
Mr Burton, I know this is going to be hard for you
对你来说很痛苦
given the circumstances,
所以你可以慢慢来
so please take your time.
-我透过窗户看到了他 -他是谁
- I saw him through the window. - Him being?
-利亚姆·福伊尔 -你认识他吗
- Liam Foyle. - He was known to you?
认识 我刚在一次刑事审判中为他做过辩护
Yes. I'd just defended him in a criminal trial.
在此期间你多久见他一次
How often would you say you saw him during that period?
几乎每天都见
Almost daily.
在整个庭审期间 六个月的时间
Over the trial period, six months.
那天在厨房♥窗户外盯着你的人
Is there any doubt in your mind whatsoever
正是那次庭审期间你每天见的人
that the man you saw during thosetimes
你对此判断
was the same man you saw
有没有产生过任何的怀疑
staring at you through the kitchen window?
没有任何怀疑
None whatsoever.
加德纳女士
Ms Gardner?
伯顿先生 你是一名
Mr Burton, you are a practising
-职业刑事辩护律师 是吗 -是
- criminal defence barrister, are you not? - Yes.
如果案件中对被告的控诉
If a situation arises where a case against an accused
主要依赖证人对被告的指认
depends to a great extent on the identification of the accused,
这种情况下法官应该警示陪审团吗
is there a warning the judge should give the jury?
应该
Yes.
-这种警示的名称是什么 -特恩布尔指引
- What is that warning called? -It's called a Turnbull Direction.
从你的专业角度看 一个案件
In your professional opinion, is it important for the judge
如此严重依赖目击证人的指认
to warn the jury of the need for caution
在陪审团给出判决之前 法官的警示
before convicting anyone in any case that relies so heavily
-是否重要 -是
- on eyewitness identification? - Yes.
在此种情况中 法官阁下是否需要
Should the judge, in that situation,
请陪审团仔细调查
ask the jury to closely examine
证人指认时的环境因素
every circumstance in which the identification was made?
-是 我可以列出来 -是否...
- Yes. I can list them for you if you like. - Would...
不用 谢谢 我完全可以自己回想起来
No, thank you, I'm more than capable of recalling them on my own.
你发现她的尸体时 从窗户里看到了谁
When you found her body, who did you see in the window?
我看见利亚姆·福伊尔
I saw Liam Foyle.
-你"确定"看见的是他 -是
- You had "No doubt whatsoever" It was him. - Yes.
凯特·伯顿被杀害时
There was a second individual present at the time
现场还有第二个人 是吗
Kate Burton was killed, wasn't there?
伯顿先生
Mr Burton?
是
Yes.
-是你的儿子杰米 对吗 -是
- This would be your son James, is that right? - Yes.
根据他的陈述
Well, according to his statement,
他不能
he was unable to make
"辨认出袭击者的样貌" 是吗
"Any identification of the attacker whatsoever." Is that right?
他才九岁 当时躲在盒子里
He's nine years old. He was hiding in a box.
我再问一次
So if I might ask again.
你是否认为
Is it your understanding
他无法辨认出袭击者
that he was not able to identify the attacker?
是
Yes.
因此现场有半数人
So 50 percent of persons present
无法明确辨认出袭击者
were not able to give a positive identification of the attacker.
伯顿先生 陪审团在判决时
Mr Burton, when a jury convicts,
是否要排除一切怀疑
is it beyond all doubt?
是这样规定的对吗
Is... Is that the term?
-合理怀疑 -排除合理怀疑
- Reasonable doubt. - Beyond reasonable doubt.
让我们思考一下本案中
Now let's have a think about what might be reasonable
存在的可能 好吗
in this situation, shall we?
当你看见那个人时 你指称就是被告
When you saw the man you are alleging was the accused,
-福伊尔先生 当时很黑吗 -是的
- Mr Foyle, was it dark? - Yes.
-你当时有压力吗 -这算什么问题
- Were you under stress? - Is that a serious question?
-她怀孕了 你知道吗 -伯顿先生
- She was pregnant, did you know that? - Mr Burton.
-法官阁下 -根据行为准则第七部分
- My Lord. - Part Seven, Code of Conduct.
请记住在本案中 你是证人
Please try and remember that you are a witness
不是律师 伯顿先生
and not counsel in this case, Mr Burton.
法官阁下 我完全能感受到
My Lord, I am fully aware of the tragic circumstances
此时此地的悲惨氛围
we have surrounding us
我完全能体会到伯顿先生的巨大痛苦
and I am keenly aware of Mr Burton's incomprehensible loss,
但在本案中
but in the case we have before us,
只有不回避伯顿先生的不幸
Mr Burton's distress cannot be avoided
才能保证我的委托人得到公平的审判
if my client is to be given a fair trial.
好吧
Very well then.
当你看见花♥园♥里的人时
When you saw the man in the garden,
是否正承受着某方面的压力
were you under stress in any way?
-是 -请你解释何为律师标准投诉
- Yes. - What is a Bar Standards complaint?
是一种投诉出庭律师的
It's a formal letter listing a complaint
正式信函
against a practising barrister.
你是否收到过这样的投诉
Have you ever received such a complaint?
有
I have.
能告诉我们是谁投诉你吗
Can you tell us who wrote that complaint?
-我曾经的一个委托人 -请说出他的名字
- A former client of mine wrote it. - His name, please?
利亚姆·福伊尔
Liam Foyle.
房♥间很黑 你发现妻子倒在血泊里
In a dark room, in the shock and trauma of finding your wife
你在震惊和悲伤之中
in a pool of blood on the floor,
把她抱在怀里 当时还不知道儿子在哪里
holding her in your arms, still unclear as to where your son was,
你看向窗外 看到一个男人
you look up at the window and you see a man,
此人最近出于某种原因
a man who recently had been given cause
针对你的行为 向律师标准委员会
to make a serious complaint against your conduct
提起了措辞严厉的投诉
to the Bar Standards Board,
如果此人消失 则对你非常有利
a man whose absence from your life would be very useful indeed.
但并不是他 对吗 伯顿先生
But it wasn't that man, was it, Mr Burton?
只是你希望是他
You just wanted it to be.
shad2下集预告
-你得阻止她 -有点为时过晚
- You have to Stop her. - A bit late for that.
她那是颠倒黑白 混淆是非
She's twisting the facts to make them wrong.
倒是干得挺不错的
Doing a good job of it too.
如果辩方有疑问
If Defence had a problem,
应该在适当时间提出
they should've argued it at the appropriate time.
我们刚得知此事
The issue has just come to light.
明明有令人信服的证据
There's compelling evidence!
我今晚能去你那儿吗 我好害怕
Can I come round tonight, please? I'm freaking out.
他怎么知道的 他不可能知道
How did he know? There's no way he could have known.
你杀她时 她是不是很快就死了
When you killed her, did she die quickly?
你是怎么过下去的
How do you live with yourself?
-你让我们可都担心了一阵子 -处处惊喜
- You had us all worried for a minute. - I'm just full of surprises.
shad2脱 罪 大 师
第一季 第二集