Well, good job you're here then.
-令人振奋 -但愿如此
- Refreshing. - Let's hope so.
你做事的方式
Your manners.
-倒满 -一点点就好
- Full? - Just a splash.
知道吗 说来有趣
You know, it's funny.
和你相处越久
The more time we spend together,
就越让我看清自己
the more you remind me of me.
好吧
Right.
-伯顿先生 -等一下
- Mr Burton? - Give me a minute.
-你没事吧 -只是需要透透气
- Are you all right? - I just need some air.
-麻烦给我一包万宝路 -好
- Can I have 20 Marlboro Lights, please? - Yep.
-有的话再来一只打火机 -有
- And a lighter if you have got one. - Sure.
她来了 哈洛街57号♥升起的新星
Ah, here she is, the rising star at 57 Harlow Street.
玛吉 我知道我应该无条件支持你
Now then, Maggie, I know I should really be rooting for you
可是你该明白
without exception, but you should know
第二也没什么丢人的 你看巴兹·奥尔德林
there is no ignominy in coming second. Just ask Buzz Aldrin.
巴兹·奥尔德林 第二个登上月球的人
我要求重新计票
Well, I demand a recount.
-仿佛回到了律师学院辩论决赛 -是吗
- Takes me back to Middle Temple Moot Finals. - Really?
是的 你和我 几乎一模一样
Yeah, you and me. Almost an exact replay.
那是很久以前的事情了
It was a long time ago.
听说利亚姆·福伊尔的案子是你对我们朱利安
I heard you're up against our boy Julian on this Liam Foyle malarkey.
-是吗 我们的朱利安 -是 很意外
- Is that so? Our boy? - Yes. Surprised it's not
对手竟然不是你 还真有点不习惯
you on the other side. Seem to be making a habit out of it.
我这不是给你机会挑战下别人吗
Thought I'd give you a go against someone else for a change.
-差不多了吧 -不嫌多
- Had enough, eh? - Never.
我在想是不是多做做辩护
I am just thinking of transitioning into more defence work.
-失陪了 -好的
- Excuse me. - Sure.
福伊尔这个案子对我来说太"犹大"了
Anyway, this Foyle case is a little too St Jude for my liking.
他是败局的守护神
He's the patron saint of lost causes.
是吗 我还不知道
Oh, I didn't know that.
好吧
Right, well,
-我再去找点酒来 -好的 谢谢
- I'll go and get us some more rubbing alcohol. - Great, thank you.
我是认真的 我看过案情摘要
I'm serious. I've seen the brief.
-你为什么接这个案子 -我是律师
- Why are you doing? - I'm practising law.
拜托 这根本是收拾不干净的烂摊子
Oh, come on. It's almost a no-questions jobbie.
你就是想增加曝光度吧
It might be exposure for all the wrong reasons.
我才不是为了曝光度 玛吉
I don't do things for exposure, Maggie.
那为什么接
Why do you do it?
因为每个人都有权申辩
Because everyone deserves a defence.
吹蜡烛吧
There you go.
-许愿吧 -老妈不要再烦我了 -没错
- Make a wish. - I wish my mum would stop annoying me. - Yes.
-谁要吃蛋糕 -我
- Who wants a piece of cake? - Me!
-真的吗 -要吃 要吃
- Are you sure? - Yes! Yes! Yes!
好吧 你是说还要继续调查吗
OK, so you're saying there's more to find?
好的 能不能公开出来说
Yeah. And would you go on record with that?
很好 好的 明天我让事务所的人联♥系♥你
Great. Great, OK. Someone from my office will call you tomorrow
我们约个时间
and set up an appointment.
谢谢 明天见 再见
Thanks. Thank you. Speak soon. Bye-bye.
-他是谁 -懂电脑的聪明人
- Who was that? - That's a clever man who knows about computers.
帮你备份大脑吗
Is he going to back up your brain?
不是 工作上的事
No, it was for my work.
-他能帮你胜诉吗 -但愿吧
- Will he help you win the case? - I hope so.
他们来了
Oh, here they come.
-凯特和孩子都好吗 -很好 谢谢
- How's Kate and the family? - Very well, thank you.
玛吉今天应该会来旁听
I think Maggie's in the gallery today.
-为什么 -掂量掂量对手的能耐吧
- Why's she doing that? - Checking out the competition I expect.
当第一名就要有觉悟 威尔
That's the trouble with being number one, Will.
人人都想把你拉下马来
Everyone wants to knock you off your perch.
我听说你上周申请了延期审理
Now I heard you asked for an adjournment last week.
-是的 -遇到麻烦了吗
- I did indeed. - Trouble at mill?
也不是 就是需要更多时间
Not really. Just needed more time.
怕是没时间了 咱们都来了
Well, here we are, I'm afraid.
没错 都来了
Here we are indeed.
我真是喜欢你铁面无私的表情 老兄
I must say, I do like your game face, old boy.
还没到那个时候呢 兄弟
You haven't seen it yet, old boy.
有的罪行恶劣到无以言述
Some crimes defy description.
那是对文明一词的玷污
They debase our so-called civilisation
公然挑衅人性的底线
and defy every boundary of humanity left to us.
杀害桑德拉·马林斯的人
Now the person who took the life of Sandra Mullins
只能被称作卑劣的施虐狂
can only be described as a malignant sadist,
他这种行径是蓄意伤害 恐吓
who did so with the intent to traumatise, to terrorise,
给予受害者非人的痛苦与折磨
and to inflict the maximum amount of pain and suffering.
控方力在证明 毫无疑问
And we intend to prove, without doubt,
这个人就是利亚姆·福伊尔
that that person was Liam Foyle.
脖子周围有严重的瘀伤
Severe bruising around her neck,
甲状软骨和舌骨严重骨折
her thyroid cartilage and hyoid bone were badly fractured.
死因是勒杀
Cause of death was strangulation.
另外还有性侵犯
Other injuries were sexual in nature,
体内体外均造成伤害
internal and external,
未发现双眼眼球
both eyes were missing,
是在死前或者更早时被强行取出的
removed with force close to the time of death, possibly before.
公园的植被覆盖到了东北角
The park gets overgrown towards the north eastern corner.
有很深的草丛 山楂 薰衣草和荨麻
Long grass, hawthorn, lavender, nettle beds.
你早上经过时发现了什么异样吗
And did you see anything unusual on your morning route?
我看到一个男人
I saw a man.
原本躺着 后来起身了
Getting up from a lying position.
休斯先生 依你的职业素养
Mr Hughes, in your professional capacity,
你能确认面前的这份信♥用♥卡♥交易记录
can you please confirm the credit card statements before you
准确说明了这些交易是由你的银行
are an accurate reflection of payments made by your bank
代表账户所有者利亚姆·福伊尔先生做的吗
on behalf of the account holder, Mr Liam Foyle?
是的
Yes.
此卡的这些交易
And these payments were made by the card
都是在今年前三个月进行的 对吗
over the first three months of this year, is that correct?
对
Yes.
并且都是网上在线
And they were all made online to companies
与亚洲和欧洲的公♥司♥交易
across Asia and Europe,
这些公♥司♥都传播和制♥作♥相同的产品
all of which distribute and produce the same... product,
也就是淫秽作品 对吧
namely pornography, is that correct?
据我们所知是这样的
Yes, that is our understanding.
休斯先生 大部分网站
Mr Hughes, many of these sites,
我们为了进行调查
and I'm afraid we have had to visit them
必须对其进行访问
in the course of this investigation,
发现它们都含有极度恶劣的行为
have shown acts of extreme depravity
根据我们对法医报告的研究
which, we understand from the forensic reports,
发现其与桑德拉·马林斯被谋杀前
show disturbingly accurate similarities to the injuries
所受的伤害惊人的一致
that befell Sandra Mullins before she was murdered.
这里我特指身上的咬痕
I talk specifically in relation to the bite marks
-还有对生殖器的损毁 -胡说
- and the mutilation of genitalia. - Liar!
福伊尔先生 我只给你这一次机会
Mr Foyle! You have one chance with me, and that was it.
再违反秩序就算作藐视法庭
Any more from you and I shall hold you in contempt.
-杀人犯 -肃静
- Murderer! - Silence, please!
休斯先生 请回答问题
Mr Hughes, please answer the question.
没错 是这张信♥用♥卡♥
Yes, it is the same card.
谢谢 没有要问的了 法官阁下
Thank you. No further questions, my Lord.
bei1暴民
伯顿先生
Mr Burton?
法官阁下 在庭审之前
My Lord, before this trial began
我提交过延期审理的书面申请
I made a written application for an adjournment.
鉴于现在缺少专家证词
I'm asking you now to reconsider that
我希望您能重新考虑下那份申请
application in the light of the gravity of the expert testimony.
-拜托 -伯顿先生
- Oh, come on. - Mr. Burton.
你的请求非常不合时宜
This is most inappropriate.
我认为这期间能发现更多关键证据
I submit an adjournment will bring vital evidence to light.
双方都可以让专家参与
Let both sides have their expert,
再由陪审团做最终判断
and let the jury decide.
伯顿先生
Mr Burton,
公众对这起案件极为关注
there is huge public interest in having
希望能尽快进行审判
this case heard as soon as possible.
你的专家
The fact your expert
未能完成查验证据的工作
has not mustered himself to the task at hand
本庭对此并不关心