剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表
康沃尔银行
承诺为持此票者兑换壹英镑
罗斯·波达克
我想是时候让内德回到洪都拉斯了
I think the time has come to return Ned to Honduras.
我觉得这是最好的结果
I think 'tis for the best.
我们已为让王权难堪而吃了苦头
We've served our penance for embarrassing the crown
首相也已表示支持
and the Prime Minister has signalled his support.
如果幸运的话
With any luck,
密谋陷害他的人现在已经失去兴趣
those who conspired against him have now lost interest
另外
and, besides,
他在康沃尔待的时间越久 就越是焦躁不安
the longer he remains in Cornwall, the more restless he becomes.
事实上 他在这儿几乎让自己像在伦敦一样
In truth, he has made himself almost as unpopular
不受当权者的待见
with the powers that be here as he did in London.
最近这几个月他一直很不守规矩
He has been that unruly these last few months.
这对凯蒂来说也是最好的结果
'Tis the best for Kitty too.
的确如此
Indeed.
我保证他会在新年的时候离开
I promise he will depart with the New year.
你肯定要去跟威科姆报告吧
Doubtless you'll be reporting him to Wickham?
一有机会就去
At the earliest opportunity!
希望能平安度过这个新年
Then let's hope 't will pass without consequence.
对
Yes.
这里是康沃尔
And it's Cornwall,
而且又是圣诞节
and it's Christmas
人们有更重要的事情要考虑
and folk have better things to think about.
为我们即将返回伦敦干杯
Here's to our imminent return to London!
-敬伦敦 -伦敦
- To London. - London.
还有洪都拉斯
And Honduras.
*我拿着野猪头*
*Boar's head in hand bear I,*
*配上月桂与迷迭香*
*Bedecked with bay and rosemary*
*我拿着野猪头*
*Caput apri defero,*
*感谢上帝*
*Reddens laudes domino*
*我拿着野猪头*
*Caput apri defero...*
再见
Bye!
-再见 爸爸 -再见 爸爸
- Bye, Papa! - Goodbye, Papa!
为什么你不去伦敦 妈妈
Why do you not go to London, Mama?
我要是去了 谁来照看康沃尔
If I did, who would see to Cornwall?
还有我们
And us!
尤其是你
Especially you!
不知道我们还能不能再见到康沃尔
I wonder if we'll ever see Cornwall again.
我真心希望别再见
I sincerely hope not.
他是说 如果幸运的话
He means, with any luck,
我们很快就能前往西印度群岛了
we should soon be bound for the West Indies.
如果罗斯要护送内德去伦敦
If Ross is set on escorting Ned to London,
我必须在那看着
I must be there to keep watch.
当然 罗斯不会怀疑我
Of course, Ross would not suspect me.
我是个空虚的人
I am a vacuous creature,
众所周知 没有伦敦时装 我无法生存
my inability to survive without London fashions is well known.
我可没有这种借口
Well, I have no such excuse,
他会知道我去伦敦只有一个目的
and he will know I come to London with one purpose only.
走
Walk on.
我相信凯蒂会感激你的好意
I'm sure Kitty will appreciate the gesture.
来了好多学者
More scholars than ever!
丰饶矿井开了 格蕾丝矿井在蓬勃发展
Plenty's open, Grace a-thriving.
也许是时候开始要求人们
You know 'tis maybe time to start asking folk
分享他们的收入
for a share of their earnings,
帮忙建设学校了
help build our school?
说得对
Reckon so.
我去说吗
I?
人们很听传教士卡恩的话
Folk heed Preacher Carne.
只是听我谈论上帝的工作
When he's about God's work.
这难道不是上帝的工作吗
Is this not God's work?
这是好事 但不是神圣的事
'Tis good work, but not holy work.
再说 教义教导我们人人平等
Besides, the connection teaches that all men be equal.
我怎么能自封为领导人呢
How then can I declare myself the leader?
但必须有一个人站出来
But someone must take the lead.
不是每个人都有智慧和无私精神
And not every man have the wisdom and the selflessness
来领导大家
to take authority.
但你有
But you do.
我们的商业帝国根植在殖民地
Our business empire is built in the colonies,
所以这些暴♥乱♥威胁了它的存在
so these uprisings threaten its very existence.
政♥府♥必须继续支持贩奴
The government must continue to support the slave trade.
而我确定乔治爵士是做此事最合适的选择
And I'm sure Sir George will prove most able in our cause.
不 除非你能让他在那份合同上签字
No, if you'd secured his signature on that contract!
我该见见他了
It's time I met him.
是是 当然了 当然
Yes, yes, of course. Of course.
先生 我相信首相和我都是一条心
Sir, I believe the Prime Minister and I are of one mind -
支持正义 平等和自♥由♥
predisposed to justice, equality, liberty.
让我以他的名义返回洪都拉斯
Let me, in his name, return to Honduras
消除那些我不在期间
and rid it of the corrupt influences
蓬勃壮大的腐♥败♥势力
which have flourished in my absence.
不用说 我不是为了权力
I need hardly say that I seek not authority for its own sake,
而是想为国家
but for the good I can do managing any rebellion
安抚一切反叛
in the service of the Crown.
而首相会感谢你对此事的贡献
And the Prime Minister would thank you for such service,
并可能真会让你复职
and might indeed endorse your reinstatement,
但有一个问题
were it not for one thing.
现在他没有权利这么做了
It's no longer in his gift.
这是为何
Because?
他已不再是首相了
He's no longer Prime Minister.
什么
What?
为了抗♥议♥陛下
In protest at His Majesty's refusal
反对天主教解放
to endorse Catholic emancipation,
他今天辞职了
he has this very day resigned.
这边走
This way, my dear.
我有件敏感的事情要说
I have a matter of some delicacy to communicate.
来点波尔图红酒吗
A little port?
我会需要吗
Will I need it?
是这样 出现了一个
The fact is a surprising -
让人惊讶 有些人会说是令人不安的情况
some would say disquieting - situation has arisen.
黄金供应持续减少
Gold being in ever-decreasing supply,
康沃尔银行不得不发行纸币替代硬币
the Cornish Bank has been obliged to issue paper instead of coin.
纸币
Paper?
我不太明白
I don't rightly understand.
这些纸是一种保证 会付给其持有者
The paper is in effect a promise to pay the bearer
上面所写的同等价值
the same value as written upon the note,
所以这和硬币有等同价值
so it is in effect worth the same as hard coin.
这水印确保了它的价值和权威性
This watermark here guarantees its value and authenticity.
但人们会相信它吗
Well, will folk believe it?
可能起初会有一些怀疑
There may be some initial suspicion.
我要加一句 我们不是唯一做这决定的银行
I should add, we're not the only bank to take this decision.
连沃勒根的
Even Warleggan's...
我还正打算去找乔治
Oh, and there was I about to trot off to George
把金基尼都给我
and ask him to hand over hard guineas!
在战争继续的情况下
I'm afraid, while the war continues,
恐怕没人能给的出黄金了
no-one has gold to be giving away.
我的宝贝
My sweet boy!
现在首相辞职了
Now the Prime Minister has resigned,
谁会接替皮特
who will be Pitt's successor?
阿丁顿
Addington.
他的朋友 但完全不是一类人
A friend of his, but cut from a very different cloth.
我们该向他请♥愿♥吗
Should we petition him?
马上行动
At once.
趁他还没因为向拿破仑卑躬屈膝而分心
Before he becomes distracted by grovelling to Napoleon.
德怀特 卡罗琳 你们来伦敦了
Dwight, Caroline, you're in London!
我们怎么没听说
How did we not know this?
都怪我
My fault entirely.
领子开得更低 腰线更高
Necklines are lower, waistlines are higher,
我的礼服裙已经过时了
and my gowns are out of fashion,
所以我一刻也不能耽误 必须马上来伦敦
so there was no remedy but to make for London without delay.
皮特辞职了
So Pitt's resigned.
是啊 对奈德是个打击
Yes, it's a bitter blow for Ned,
但我会继续替他向阿丁顿请♥愿♥
剧集 | 波尔达克 | 导航列表