剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表
I'm not hiring you. - Just hear me out.
首先
Firstly,
我读过萨缪尔·贝德伯勒写的每一本小说
I've read every Samuel Bedborough novel,
他的作品令我沉迷不已
I'm a huge fan of his work.
其次
Secondly,
如果你不雇我 哈蒂·帕克肯定会雇我
if you don't hire me, Hattie Parker surely will.
诺里斯先生正是她姑姑的朋友
Mr Norris was a friend of her aunt.
共享情报和资源当然更好了
Surely it's better to share information and resources,
不为我 也请为伦敦的纳税人考虑下吧
and if not for me but then for the taxpayers of London.
你可真是大公无私啊 伊莱莎
Oh, you're so selfless, Eliza.
这是我的天职啊
It is a cross I must bear.
那... 就这么说定了
So... is that a yes?
费用是多少呢
How much is your fee?
我转念一想 咱们别讨价还价了
On second thoughts, let's forgo the haggling
直接考虑你说的数目吧
and think of the first amount you were going to say.
听起来还算公平
That seems fair.
好
Good.
现在折半
Now halve that.
威洛比书店
他专注于某个目标的时候
He could not be distracted
总是心无旁骛
once his mind was focused on a task.
没有什么能打断他的思绪
There was nothing that could break his chain of thought,
楼下窗户的破碎声不能
not the shattering of the window downstairs,
过道里的脚步声亦不能
not the footsteps in the hallway.
最终他抬头仰望
When at last he looked up,
却看见一柄利刃在冷月下寒光四射
he saw a blade glistening in the moonlight
然后感受到心脏处冰冷而尖锐的刺痛
and felt the cold steel pierce his heart.
第三章
Thus concludes
结束
Chapter three.
太感谢了 贝德伯勒先生
Thank you, Mr. Bedborough
又一次用一场精彩绝伦的读书会
for once again gracing our humble shop
使敝店蓬荜生辉
with such a wonderful reading.
现在 如果各位愿意排队等候
Now, if you would like to form an orderly queue,
贝德伯勒先生将欣然在作品上题名
Mr Bedborough will gladly sign copies of his book
当然要是在本店购买♥♥的作品
as long as they have been purchased here of course.
不行 不行
No, no, no.
不能进
Outside please...
我要找贝德伯勒先生说几句话...
I need to speak to Mr Bedborough...
今天的活动凭票入场
This event is for ticket holders only.
我是警♥察♥厅的威灵顿督查
I'm inspector Wellington of Scotland Yard.
我在执行警♥察♥公务
I'm here on police business.
但您还带着夫人呢
And yet you brought your wife.
她不是我太太
She's not my wife.
我是协助警♥察♥厅办案的私♥家♥侦♥探♥
I am a private detective assisting Scotland Yard with their inquiries.
我听过很多种借口 但这个...
I've heard many excuses in my time, but that...
我的神呐 他的破书我一本都没读过
Oh for God's sake, I haven't even read any of his damn books.
我读过
I have.
我是贝德伯勒
I am Ms Bedborough,
萨缪尔的妹妹
Samuel's sister.
请问有什么事吗
Is something wrong?
我需要马上跟您哥哥谈谈
I need to speak to your brother right away.
这是什么时候的事
When did this happen?
我们确信 诺里斯先生是昨晚遇害的
We believe Mr Norris was killed last night.
你能想到谁会加害于他吗
Can you think of anyone who might wish to do him harm?
他是个很正派的好人
He always seem to be a perfectly decent man.
说实话 我对他了解不多
In truth, I didn't know him well.
他只是业务上的熟人
He was a business acquaintance.
我们一年只见几次面
We only met a few times a year.
上一次是什么时候呢
When was the last time?
几周前了
A few weeks ago.
我说不好
I couldn't say for sure.
正如我们说的
As we mentioned,
我们认为案发现场是依照
we believe the crime scene was arranged
《午夜前一刻》里的凶案场景布置的
to resemble the murders in Quarter to Midnight.
真想不到
How extraordinary.
你理解
You understand that
我必须确认昨晚你的行踪 那么...
I have to ask you about your own movements last night, so...
为什么
Why?
这是例行询问 萨缪尔
It's a standard question, Samuel.
他们每个人都会问
They ask it of everyone.
我在布拉汉姆酒店开了间套房♥
I have a suite in Brabham hotel.
昨晚我在那儿写最新的小说呢
I'm staying there whilst I finish my latest novel.
你是独处吗
And were you alone?
你说除了那五十名店员和三百名客人
You mean apart from the 50 staff and 300 guests.
萨缪尔
Samuel.
我和我妹妹用了晚餐 然后我整晚都在写作
My sister and I had dinner and then I wrote all night.
交稿都交晚了
I'm rather late delivering my latest novel.
你曾经在去出版社的马车上完成一部书稿
Is it true you once finished a manuscript in the carriage
这是真的吗
on the way to the publishers?
我厌恶交稿日
I woeful about deadlines,
但我不需要灵感和氛围
but I have no need for Muse or Mood.
我在任何时间地点都能够创作
I can write any time or any place.
你喜欢我的小说
You enjoy my novels?
非常喜欢 非常
Very much so, yes.
实际上 《午夜前一刻》是我的最爱
In fact, Quarter to Midnight is my favorite.
我还没读过那本 但是呢...
Oh, I haven't read that particular one, but...
我很喜欢《深红阴影的诅咒》
I did enjoy Curse of the Crimson Shadow.
那不是我写的
That was not me.
《午夜前一刻》
Quarter to Midnight.
情节基于贝德伯勒的个人经历
It's based on Bedborough's own life.
他多年来写的作品从未获得发表
He spent years as an unpublished writer
直到最后一举获得成功
before finally enjoying success.
小说里的主人公
Writer in the novel is
也是在巨大压力下完成最新小说的创作
under pressure to deliver his latest book
然后逐渐步入疯癫
and slowly starts going insane.
认为他最好的两个朋友要把他送入精神病院
Believes his two best friends want to put him in an asylum
所以他把他们都杀了
so he kills them both.
但和麦克白一样 他无法带着内疚生活下去
But like Macbeth, he is unable to live with the guilt.
你知道麦克白吧
You do know the story of...
伊莱莎 我当然知道麦克白的故事
Yes, Eliza, I know the story of Macbeth.
真是不好意思
My apologies.
总之
Anyway,
小说里的那位作家还是孩子时
when the author in the novel was a child,
他的父母由于猩红热双双过世
his parents died of scarlet fever.
还是个孩子的他
As a boy, he witnessed them
看着父母躺在家里的棺材中
laid out in their coffins at home,
两人手里都拿着一只百合花
each holding a lily.
诺里斯办公室里的时钟停在午夜前一刻
The clock in Norris' office read about a quarter to midnight,
正是书中两场谋杀案发生的时间
which is the exact time of two murders in the book take place,
不过是在不同的晚上进行
but on separate nights.
所以说 如果有人如此渴望再现书中情节
So if someone is that keen to replicate the book
很有可能会再次杀人
then it is possible they could kill again.
对 是有可能
It's possible. Yes.
我们还有更多有关受害者的信息吗
Do we know any more about our victim?
爱德华·诺里斯 五十二岁
Edward Norris, 52 years old,
未婚 是一位受人尊敬的会计 客户一百位左右
unmarried, he's a respectable accountant with hundred or so clients
我们正在一一排查
that we're busy tracking down.
我再把书看一遍吧
I'm going to read the book again.
看有没有漏掉什么信息
See if there's anything we've missed.
你是否也能看一遍呢
May I suggest you do the same?
菲茨罗伊
Fitzroy?
把你目前掌握的有关诺里斯与其业务伙伴的信息全部给我
Give me everything you have so far on Norris and his associates.
马上办 长官
Right away, sir.
对了 把《麦克白》的故事大纲也给我一份
Oh, and give me a brief synopsis on the story of Macbeth.
几页就好
A couple of pages should do it.
马上给您 长官
You will have it, sir.
《麦克白》中的经典台词
"待到硝烟散尽 战斗胜负已定"
When the hurly burly is done, when the battle's lost and won.
还是一页吧
...make that one page.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
威洛比书店
午夜前一刻
SAMUEL BEDBOROUGH著
剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表