在儿童节目当中 你会遇到 奇怪的问题
In a kids' show you might get weird questions,
你需要高超的即兴技巧
and you need to have good improv
来应对某个四岁小孩 ,为了证明你不是真的
to deal with whatever that four-year-old might throw at you
而向你抛出的各种问题
trying to prove you're not real.
但是在成人活动中
But at adult events,
你的即兴表演技巧 不太需要用在回答问题上
your improv skills become less about answering questions
而是更需要 在不破坏气氛的前提下移话题
and more about deflecting without ruining the mood.
男人总是要问我们: “美人鱼是怎么做♥爱♥的?”
Men will ask us all the time, "How does the mermaid have sex?"
通常我的回答是:“不是和你 先生”
And generally my answer is, "Well, not with you, sir."
太棒了!
Yes!
性骚扰在美人鱼产业中非常普遍
Sexual harassment is so common in the mermaid industry,
我们其实有专门的说法
we actually have a term for it.
我们称之为“人鱼色狼”
We call them "merverts."
很多人都说:
The number of guys that are like,
“真正的美人鱼是不♥穿♥上衣的”
"A real mermaid wouldn't wear a top."
再问一遍 先生 你认识几条?
Again, sir, how many do you know?
你才认识几条美人鱼?
How many mermaids?
有很多人都跟我说 我胸太小了 不适合当美人鱼
I've had plenty of people tell me my boobs are too small to be a mermaid.
“我要对你的尾巴做很多事情”
"The things I'd do to your tail."
“我可以用这条尾巴抽你屁♥股♥”
"I could spank you with that tail."
我就想吐槽“用尾巴抽屁♥股♥”这点
I'm just on "spanking the tail." I'm like, "Do you know what that costs?"
我就说:“你知道这要花多少钱吗?
我的下一条鱼尾是你来赞助吗? 不是 把你的手拿开
"Are you funding my next tail? No, take your hands off it."
这可是量身定制的” 我们都笑了起来
"It's tailored." We start laughing.
(人鱼裁缝师水族馆 佛罗里达州 勒坎托)
(训练课程进行中)
今天早上 我们来看看你的浮力
Let's look at your buoyancy this morning.
呼气
Exhale.
吐气 吐出所有空气 然后深呼吸
Dump it. Dump all the air and take a breath.
吐出所有空气 然后深呼吸
Dump all the air and take a breath.
把一个人
It takes a lot of energy
培养成水下表演者 需要花费大量的精力和时间
and time to put into making somebody an underwater performer.
训练他们如何用软管呼吸
Training them how to breathe on the air hose,
训练面部表情和动作
working on facial expressions and movements,
训练水下肢体语言
working on body language underwater.
好的 站起来 站直
All right, stand up. Just stand up straight.
脚尖伸直 膝盖弯曲
And point your toes, bend your knee.
我爸爸带我过来试演
You know, my dad took me to the audition, and that was the first mermaiding thing.
这是我的第一次人鱼表演
我之前从来没进行过人鱼表演
So I've never done anything mermaiding. But I love it now.
但我现在很喜欢
如果你呼吸方式不对
If you take a wrong breath or if your body, you know,
或者如果你的身体
感觉你的呼吸不够好
decides that was not a good enough breath,
它就很容易觉得:
it can be very easy to think, "Oh my gosh, I'm drowning."
“哦 我的天啊 我溺水了 我的鼻子里、鼻窦里都是水”
"There's water in my nose, there's water in my sinuses,"
然后周围的一切都开始摇摇欲坠
and everything starts getting a little shaky-feeling.
嘿
Hey.
刚才好难受
That was a hard one.
(人鱼裁缝师的 美人鱼水族馆邂逅之旅)
我很难向没当过人鱼的人解释
It's hard for me to explain to people who aren't mers
在人鱼裁缝师工作有多重要
how big of a deal it is to work at Mertailor.
我雇佣特里斯坦是因为我知道 他想和人鱼裁缝师一起成长
I hired Tristan because I knew he wanted to grow with Mertailor.
他想成为人鱼裁缝师 及其未来发展的一部分
He wanted to be part of Mertailor and its future growth.
他想成为一名水下表演者
He wanted to be an underwater performer,
他也愿意在人鱼裁缝师 从事其他工作来达成这个目标
but he was willing to do other things at Mertailor to get there.
我的首要目标 是成为埃里克水箱里的演员
My goal at the top of the list is being a performer in the tank for Eric.
保持清醒 做好准备
And being sober and being ready
能让
is gonna make...
我的梦想成真
make all my dreams come true.
(人鱼裁缝师)
(南卡罗来纳州 艾迪斯托海滩)
因为我的曾曾祖父
I definitely believe, 1,000%,
我完全相信自己是美人鱼的后代
that I am a descendant of a mermaid because of my great-great-grandfather.
我来告诉你为什么
And let me tell you why.
在他的那个年代
Back in his day,
他来到了艾迪斯托海滩放松身心 我家人♥大♥多数都来自那里
he was chilling at Edisto Beach, where my family is mostly from.
他听到有人在大声哭喊
He heard someone crying and screaming really loudly,
于是他就在海滩上搜寻
and he searched the beach.
突然
And he, all of a sudden,
他发现了一条被冲上岸的美人鱼
found a mermaid washed up.
他便抱起她 救了她 照顾她
And he picked her up and rescued her, nursed her.
最后又把她带回了当初发现她的海滩
And took her back to the beach where he found her.
为了感激他对她的照顾 她祝福了他 然后便游走了
And she blessed him for taking care of her, she swam off.
所以我觉得我是美人鱼的后代
And that's why I feel like I am...
我不是“觉得” 我知道我就是源自她的祝福
I don't "feel like." I know I am the blessing from her.
所以我认为我是美人鱼的后代
And that's why I feel like I'm a descendant.
现在我是家里的美人鱼
And now I'm the family mermaid.
-你好! -生日快乐!
Hello! - Happy birthday!
生日快乐 妈妈!
Happy birthday, Mama!
你好!
Hello!
你好吗?
Hi! - How you doing?
-我爱你! -我也爱你
I love you! - Love you too.
你好吗! 你好吗! 你好吗! 你好吗!
What's up! What's up! What's up! What's up!
爸爸! 很高兴见到你
Daddy! Good seeing you. Good seeing you.
没必要点蜡烛 免得把我的房♥子烧了
I don't need no candles setting my house on fire.
-大家准备好了吧 -嘿!
All right, y'all. - Hey!
一、二、三...
One, two, three...
祝你生日快乐...
哦 天啊!啊哦!
Oh no! Uh-uh! - We can't do that one.
你几岁啦?
我...
I am...
谢谢你们
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
我妈妈绝对是典型的黑人基♥督♥徒母亲
My mom was definitely the average, Black,
她会定期去教堂做礼拜
churchgoing Christian mom.
(信念让我们度过难关)
我是在教堂、家人 还有每周日播放的福音音乐中长大的
I grew up around church, family, gospel music playing every Sunday.
在查尔斯顿南部 这里非常保守
Being down south in Charleston, it's very conservative.
我记得我第一次听到一位牧师
The first time I remember hearing a preacher
大声痛斥同性恋时
be very loud and upset about homosexuality,
反而在我心中引发了共鸣 因为那时我就知道我是与众不同的
it struck a chord in me, 'cause I knew then I was different.
我当时还不知道同性恋是什么
I just didn't know what it was.
这些人并没有造成任何伤害
But then to hear such anger
只不过因为他们是同性恋
and such rage about someone being who they are
牧师就如此大动肝火
and not causing any harm
让我心里很不是滋味
really put a bad taste in my mouth.
这就是我小时候的房♥间
So this is my childhood room.
四面墙上都是玩偶
I had dolls all over four walls,
到处都是美人鱼
I had mermaids everywhere,
这里还悬挂着海草
I had seaweed dangling.
梳妆台上也摆满了美人鱼娃娃
I had mermaid dolls on the dresser everywhere.
我的父母
My parents,
他们对我很严厉
they were hard on me.
他们很严厉 一方面因为我是同性恋
They were hard, and it was because I was gay,
另一方面是因为美人鱼和玩偶
and it was because of the mermaids and the dolls.
有一天 我爸妈对我大发雷霆
One day, my mom and dad were mad at me,
妈妈把我所有的玩偶 都从梳妆台上扔了下来
and my mom knocked all my dolls off the dresser,
爸爸在一旁帮她
my dad was helping her.
我哭了 哭得像个婴儿
I cried. I cried like a baby.
小时候 每次经历这些难熬的日子
When I had those rough times as a kid
我就会回到我的房♥间
I would go in my room
看美人鱼视频 画美人鱼
watching mermaid videos, drawing mermaids.
任何与美人鱼有关的东西 都能支撑我坚持下去
But anything mermaid-related kept me going.
所有的负面因素 都是让我成为美好人鱼的基础
All the negative built me up for all the good mermaid stuff
这是宇宙给我的恩赐
that the universe had for me.
我意识到 是宇宙 让我经历了这一切
And I realized the universe put me through all that
因为它知道
'cause it knew...
我足够坚强 可以撑过这一切
I was strong enough to go through it.
(南卡罗来纳州 查尔斯顿)
(人鱼裁缝师)
-门口有一大排人 -是啊
We've a line of people out front. - Yeah.
早上好 鱼类朋友们! 你们好吗?请进来吧!
Good morning, fish friends! How are we doing? Come on in!
早上好 嘿 小美人鱼
Good morning. Hey, little mermaids.
你好吗?我喜欢你的衬衫
How we doing? I love your shirt.
真是太好看了
That is awesome.
嘿 小美人鱼
Hey, little mermaid.
你好吗?
How are we?