也是胖人鱼协会的创始人
and the founder of the Society of Fat Mermaids,
这是一个包容一切体型的社群 旨在赞美胖人的身体
which is a size-inclusive community designed to celebrate fat bodies.
通常 当我出现在人鱼站时 大家看到我都会很兴奋
Normally when I'm in a merspace, people are really excited to see me.
大家都好美!
Everybody's so pretty!
人们见到我时会哭 这种情况并不罕见
Like, it's not uncommon for people to cry when they meet me.
不好意思...
Excuse me...
你是谢莫尼克吗?
Are you Chè Monique?
是的
I am.
我的家人跟我说 根本没有胖人鱼这回事
My family told me that there was no such thing as a fat mermaid.
我们知道事实并非如此
We know that's not true.
我知道!
I know!
我在抖音和“照片墙”上关注了你 见到你我觉得好荣幸
I follow you on TikTok, Instagram. It's an honor to meet you.
谢谢!
Oh, thank you!
你让我得以坦然地接纳了自己
You just make it okay for me to be me.
因此我非常爱你 我能抱抱你吗?
Oh. - And I love you for that. Can I hug you?
当然啦!太谢谢你了!
Absolutely! Thank you so much!
-谢谢 -你真贴心
Thank you. - You're so sweet.
我拍了很多 我称之为“人鱼动力”的视频
I do a lot of, like, what I call mertivational videos,
我也许会在抖音上说...
where I might go on TikTok and be like...
我爱你们大家
I love you all.
我热爱无私奉献的我们
I... love how dedicated we all are
努力让这个大码世界
to making the larger world
让我们的人鱼天地 成为一个安全且奇妙的地方
and our merworld a safe and magical place for each other.
这些人鱼演出付出非常多的努力
These merjobs require so much of you.
从训练到体能要求
Like, from training to just, like, the physical demand.
我一直在练习美人鱼俯卧撑
And I've been working on, like, my mermaid push-ups,
练习三头肌撑体 做我能做的各种练习
doing tricep dips, and doing everything I can,
因为我很想加入“碧海妖姬”
because I would love to join the Circus Siren Pod.
(碧海妖姬)
They are like this elite mermaid performance troupe.
她们是一个精英美人鱼剧团
总的来说 她们挺吓人的
As a whole, they're intimidating.
我会说她们是一群坏女孩美人鱼
I used to call them the mean girl mermaids.
后来我想:“如果我想成为其中一员 那我最好还是别这么说她们了”
I decided, "If I'm going to be one, I'd better stop calling them that."
她们用某种方式维护着她们的形象
They kinda just protect their brand in a way,
而她们形象中的一部分 就是独特与精英
and part of their brand is that they are, like, exclusive and elite.
不过 她们实至名归
But, like, they kind of are.
(摩迦娜艾尔巴 碧海妖姬创始人)
我一直非常反对“精英”这个概念
I've always really railed against the concept of being elite,
但不管我是否愿意 它似乎还是出现了
and yet it seems to have happened anyway. Whether I want it or not.
我认为 让我们与众不同的地方 就是我们真的非常在意艺术形式
I think what makes us different is just that we really care about the art form
以及我们为这个领域 带来的艺术性和杰出技能
and what artistry and magic we're putting into the world.
我的表演更倾向于打造出一个世界
My performers are more about creating a world
在那里 公众想要成为美人鱼的愿望
the public's not gonna get to experience anywhere else
能够得到前所未有的满足
than about the personal wish fulfillment of being mermaids.
人鱼表演对体能的要求非常高
The reality of mermaiding is it's really physically demanding,
需要多年的训练才能胜任
and it takes years of training to do this properly.
在专业的人鱼表演中
When you mermaid professionally,
尾鳍和水会给你很大压力
you are weighed down by the tail and the water.
你会无法呼吸
You are unable to breathe.
在水下 你看不见也听不到
You are blind underwater. You're deaf underwater.
而你的任务 就是表现得怡然自得 如梦似幻
And your job is to make it look easy and magical.
-我觉得你做得非常好 -谢谢
I thought that was pretty excellent. - Well, thank you.
大部分从事职业人鱼表演的人
Most people who get into professional mermaiding are working
都额外还有一到两份工作 来支撑人鱼表演事业的必要所需
one to two other jobs to support just the entry ramp into mermaiding.
(美人鱼谢莫尼克 胖人鱼协会创始人)
海贝的问候!
Shello!
-哦 妈妈
Oh, Mother.
海贝的问候
Shello. Shello.
我们每隔几年才会有一次选拔
It's only every couple of years that we actually do auditions.
如果我有工作能提供 我会把他们 全雇了 我希望人人都能体验这个梦
If I had the work, I'd hire all of them. I want everyone to live this dream,
但我的客户只有这么多 水箱只有这几个
but I only have so many clients and so many tanks to fill.
好了 欢迎大家来参加试演!
All right, welcome to our auditions!
恭喜大家走到了这一步 我们一共有54位申请人
Congratulations on making it this far. There were 54 applicants,
而受邀的只有在座不足20位的大家
uh, and less than 20 of you got invited to audition.
所以竞争已经十分激烈
It was already some fierce competition,
我非常期待能看看你们的表现
and I'm really excited to see what all you guys can do.
谁知道我们公♥司♥的首要规则?
Who knows the first rule of my company?
-没有死亡的美人鱼 -没有死亡的美人鱼
No dead mermaids. - No dead mermaids.
上半场会非常费劲
The first half is gonna be a lot of just exertion,
老实说 我会让大家费点力气
and, I'm going to be honest, to wear you out a bit.
我们做的事非常困难
What we do is pretty hard.
我希望看到 我们有这个耐力能胜任这一表演
I want to see that we've got the endurance built up to get through it.
好了 各位 穿好你们的尾鳍下水吧
All right, guys, you can go ahead and get in your tail, and get in the pool.
大家都到深水区 我们要踩水
Everybody in the deep end. We're treading water.
这是我做过的 最危险、最困难的一种艺术形式
This is one of the most dangerous, difficult art forms I've ever done.
我们待会儿要这样做 后翻触底 水下返回
Here's what we're gonna be doing this time. Backflip down the wall,
开始吧
underwater return. All right, let's see it.
我们表演的难度 我们所在的深度
At the level we're doing, the depths we're doing it at,
这些都需大量的技巧和训练
it takes an incredible amount of skill, an incredible amount of training.
这是一个较长的组合动作 三种技巧的组合
This is a longer combination. It's a three-skill combination.
我要大家在深水区 做一个铅笔直潜
What I want is from the deep end,
垂直入水
gonna do a pencil dive down, so vertical entry,
接着做一个前翻 然后在浮出水面时完成转体动作
then I want a front flip and barrel roll as you surface.
好的 在浮出水面时 把你们的手放在泳池边
All right, when you surface, you're gonna put your hands on the side of the pool,
撑起身体 然后臀部坐到泳池边上
and you're gonna lift up and get your butt on the side of the pool.
另一边 非常好 谢谢 二号♥
Other side. Very nice. Thank you so much, number two.
好的
All right.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你们可以去脱掉尾鳍 擦干身体 暖和一下了
You can go ahead and de-tail, dry off, warm up.
我们会一起讨论一下观察结果
We're gonna meet and discuss our observations.
我会建议练习一下举重
I would suggest maybe doing weightlifting or something else
锻炼肌肉并增强耐力
to build the muscle and the endurance.
我认为主要需要力量训练和打磨动作
I think it's mostly just strength-building and polish.
你的仰泳加后翻返回稍微有点僵硬
Your backstroke-backflip-return was a little rough.
你最终还是成功了
Okay. - You got through it.
是我的脸撞到墙那段吗?
Wait. Is that the time I hit my face against the wall?
那是另外一段
No, that was a different time. - Okay.
最大的问题是能否把你自己撑出水面
The biggest concern is being able to lift yourself out of the pool.
这个动作就是力量加练习而已 但对我们来说 这事关我们的安全
It's a strength and practice thing, but for us, it's a safety thing
因为你得能够 靠自己的力量从水箱里出来
'cause you have to be able to get out of the tank under your own power.
美人鱼尾鳍现在仍是小作坊制♥作♥
Mermaid tail-making is still very much a cottage industry.
大家对自己的尾鳍制♥作♥人会非常忠诚
And people get very loyal to their tail-makers.
甚至有表演队 全队人都只用
There's even entire performance pods where they specifically only ever use
某个特定的尾鳍制♥作♥人 那就是他们装扮的一部分
this tail-maker or that tail-maker, and that's part of their look.
目前最大的三家公♥司♥是 人鱼贝拉、人鱼王国、人鱼裁缝师
Three of the bigger companies out there are Merbella, MerNation, and Mertailor.
“人鱼裁缝师”其实 是我早期的灵感来源之一
And Mertailor was actually one of my earlier inspirations.
我记得在我购买♥♥我的第一条尾鳍之前
I remember before I bought my first mermaid tail,
我看着“人鱼裁缝师”的照片 心里想着:
looking at Mertailor's photos and being like,
“总有一天 我会有钱买♥♥得起那样的尾鳍
"One day... One day I will afford that kind of tail,
我会去找那位艺术家 我会买♥♥到属于我的尾鳍”
and I will go to that artist, and I'm going to get my tail."
我是埃里克杜莎姆 大家也会叫我人鱼裁缝师
I am Eric Ducharme. Also known as the Mertailor.
(佛罗里达州勒坎托 人鱼裁缝师总部)
我想成为全球最大的尾鳍制♥造♥商
I would love to be the biggest tail-maker in the entire world.
我有种在开创这个产业的感觉
I feel there's a sense of creating the industry.
我想看到“人鱼裁缝师”成为业界翘楚
And I want to see Mertailor on top.
然后大家会说:“哇 人鱼裁缝师
And be like, "Wow, Mertailor."
人鱼尾鳍 人鱼裁缝师”
"Mermaid tail, Mertailor. Mermaid tail, Mertailor."
我想看到这一天
I want to see that.
(维奇瓦奇)
我永远都不会忘记 我第一次去维奇瓦奇
I will never forget my first visit to Weeki Wachee.
我当时坐在水下剧场里
I was sitting in the underwater theater.
湛蓝的色调缓缓渗入
The hues of blue just started trickling in,
突然之间...
and all of a sudden...
那一刻我被深深地吸引住了
I just was so captivated at that moment.
然后一个迷人的美人鱼游了过来 她停下来 向大家飞吻
And then this enchanting mermaid just swam by and stopped, blew a kiss,
接着 出现了更多的美人鱼
and then more mermaids appear.
那是一段令人难以忘怀的时刻
And that was the ta-da moment.
在那一刻
That was the moment where
我变成了人鱼裁缝师
I became the Mertailor.
我迷恋上了维奇瓦奇泉
I was obsessed with Weeki Wachee Springs.
我希望一直待在那里
I wanted to be there all the time.
在我很小的时候 美人鱼就成为了我的整个人生
Mermaids became my entire life at a really young age.
从小到大 埃里克经历过许多挑战