Ten days before our 75th mermaid reunion.
真够贴心的
That was just so sweet.
他们说因为飓风
They say because of the hurricane
他们的员工必须去其他公园帮忙
that their, um, employees had to go and help other parks.
但我不认为他们派了 任何美人鱼去帮忙捡树枝
But I don't think they sent the mermaids to do any picking up of tree branches.
飓风伊恩发生在那之前的一个星期
Hurricane Ian happened a week prior to that.
往南160千米处
A hundred miles south.
他们仍然在表演
They're still doing shows.
他们知道我们等待、计划、期盼
And they know how long we have been waiting on this,
这次团聚有多久了
and planning it, and looking forward to it.
我真的很讨厌他们这样对我们
I just hate that they did that to us.
埃里克 你有空吗?
Eric, do you have a second?
有天早上 我走进“人鱼裁缝师”
So I walked into Mertailor the other morning
塔拉说:“你知道团聚被取消了吗?”
and Tara approached like, "Did you know the reunion was cancelled?"
那一刻我心想:“真扯淡”
And at that point I was like, "Well, this sucks."
请原谅我这么说
And, oh, please, forgive me for saying this,
但这可能是...某些姑娘
but this might be some of the... the last opportunity
最后的机会了 因为她们已经青春不再
for some of these women, because they ain't getting any younger.
我决定我们要在“人鱼裁缝师”
I have decided that we are going to have a small get-together
为所有曾在
for all former mermaids
维奇瓦奇公园游泳的前美人鱼 举♥行♥一次小型的聚会
who swam at Weeki Wachee Springs, at Mertailor.
她一定会来的 - 是啊
She's coming anyway. So, you know, it's a lot.
你知道 这太过分了
我是非常生气的 对不起
And I'm totally pissed about it. I'm sorry.
是的 这太无礼 太不尊重人了
Yeah. It was rude and disrespectful.
是美人鱼成就了维奇瓦奇
It was the mermaids that made Weeki Wachee.
不是管理层或州立公园 是美人鱼们
It wasn't management or state park, it was the mermaids.
他们这样羞辱我们实在太无礼了
And to have them diss us like that was really rude.
我都哭了
I was in tears
我心想:“我要怎么办?
I was like, "What am I supposed to do?"
我四月份就订好票了”
I booked my tickets in April.
对啊 甚至...不论职位有多高
Yeah, even... However far up the chain,
不论是谁写了这封信 他们都应该去检查一下脑袋
whoever dictated that letter needs to have their head examined.
如果不想惹麻烦的话
If you don't want to make a hornet's nest out of something,
你就不要发一封写着 “不接受任何提问”的信给别人
you don't send people a letter that says, "No questions."
饶了我吧 解释一下
Yeah. Exactly. - Give me a break. Explain.
我们不必去没有团聚的维奇瓦奇
We don't have to go to Weeki Wachee to have no reunion.
我们可以去“人鱼裁缝师”
We can go to Mertailor,
我们可以在那里团聚
and we can have our own reunion there.
那边很欢迎我们
We're welcome there. - We're welcome there
对 双臂大张
With open arms.
我们来个大大的拥抱吧 姑娘们
Let's wrap this up with a big hug, girls.
好嘞! - 耶!
All right! - Yay!
团体拥抱?
A group hug?
来吧!
Here we go!
如果你认为自己看到了美人鱼
If you think you're seeing mermaids
不 我们来看看
No. Let's see.
我想成为维奇瓦奇的美人鱼
I want to be a Weeki Wachee mermaid
那是我真心所向
That is what I'd truly like to be
如果我成为了维奇瓦奇美人鱼
And if I was a Weeki Wachee mermaid
大家都会爱上我
Everyone would be in love with me
是 女士!
Yes, ma'am!
眨眼间 时过境迁
It's amazing how things change
真是令人感慨
in the blink of an eye
75周年大团聚被取消了
The 75th reunion gets cancelled,
但埃里克那里 会有一场无与伦比的活动
and there's gonna be an amazing event at Eric's.
芭比!
Barbie!
嘿 姑娘们!
Hey, girls!
耶!
Yeah!
看看你!你看起来 就像刚从庄园离开一样
Look at you. Look at you! You look like you just left the villa.
这不公平!
That ain't fair!
是啊 你真是容光焕发啊
Oh! - Yeah, the west agrees with you.
嘿 亲爱的 - 嘿 亲爱的 看看你
Hey, sweetie. - Hey, sweetie. Look at you.
你状态真好 - 谢谢 亲爱的
You just look good. - Thank you, darlin'.
我喜欢这个 好美 - 这是“人鱼裁缝师” 2022年款
I like this. This is gorgeous. - This is Mertailor, 2022.
嘿 小宝贝
Hey, baby doll.
太好了
Hi. Oh... - That's sweet.
我自己做了T恤 上面写着“75”
I made my own T-shirt. Says "75" on it.
一定会很好玩的
It's gonna be fun.
我们在书写自己的历史
We're making our own history.
魔镜 魔镜 在我手
Mirror, mirror, in my hand.
让我成为这片土地上最美丽的人
Make me the fairest in the land.
搞什么鱼?
What the fish?!
我应该很接近前十名的
I should've been close to making the top ten.
天啊 我昨天烂透了
God, I was just crap yesterday.
但我和我最好的朋友 皮可溪一起在船上跑来跑去
But I'm running around the boat with my best friend Pixi.
我在这方面是个好手
I'm a good sport about it.
晶晶正处于人生巅峰
Sparkles is living her best life.
我正在努力摆脱我的自我厌恶
I'm really trying to stay out of my self-loathing.
太棒了!
Awesome! Awesome!
专注于我有多么 为各位参赛者们感到开心
And focus more on how happy I am for the contestants.
他们是我的同胞
They are my people.
我的家人 看到他们闪耀光芒 我倍感快乐
My family. I am excited to see them shine.
(彩排时间)
好的 开始
All right, go.
快点
Fast. Fast. Fast. Fast.
昨天深夜 我想起来我们没有
Late last night, I realized we didn't have our scoresheet
为今天的活动设置计分表
set up for today's event.
所以我连夜做好了计分表
So I stayed up last night just to set up the sheet,
我发现了一个错漏之处
and I noticed a discrepancy.
有一排的分数
One row whose, uh, scores were
与他们应该得到的分数不同
different than they should have been.
其中一位进入前十名的人 其实是第12名
This person who made the top ten was actually number 12.
好吧 所以我们需要纠正这个错误
Okay, so we need to make this right.
就我个人经验而言 我参加过选美大赛
Um, in my personal experience, having competed in pageantry,
我认为最好的方法
I think the best way to do it is to
就是把它变成前12名 而不是前十名
make it into a top 12 instead of a top 10.
前12名?
Top 12?
耶!
Yay!
各位 请大家都留下
Guys. Guys, wait, everybody stay.
我们有一个有趣的变化 有事要宣布
We have an interesting development, an announcement to make,
因为我们在计分表上
because there was one discrepancy
发现了一处不相符的情况
in the scoresheet that we caught.
我们决定
What we decided
不把任何人从前十名移除
was instead of removing somebody from the top ten,
而是再加两个人 变成前12名
we're gonna add two more to make it into a top 12.
我去
Oh shit.
我去
Oh... shit.
抱紧我!
Hold me!
好的
Okay.
我们会再加上
So, we are going to be adding in
维尔京群岛
Virgin Islands.
太好了!
Yes!
我的天啊!
Oh my goodness!
我们还会在前12名中加入...
We will also be adding into our top 12...
新泽西
...New Jersey.
加入了更多有色选手...
The fact that there was more color added...
我喜闻乐见
I'm good.
我很喜欢
I love it.
十年前
Ten years ago...
参加美人鱼选美的黑人 什么成绩都得不到
...Black people in a mermaid pageant would not have been a thing.
完全没有 - 不可能
Not at all. - Not a chance.
现在 我们的人数依然不多 但我们来到了这里
So, there's still not many of us here now, but we're here.
我们尽自己所能展现我们的民族 所以我认为这是一件美好的事情
And we're representing as much as we can, so I think that's a beautiful thing.
我好开心我们最终获得了一次机会
I'm just happy that we're getting a chance finally.
现在我们创造了历史
You know? And now we're making history.
创造了人鱼历史
We're making merstory. - Merstory.
厉害 女王
You go, Queen. You go.
(人鱼裁缝师水族馆 佛罗里达州 勒坎托)
你好吗? - 见到你真开心 我很好
How are you? - Good to see you. Doing great.
好多过去相识的女生
So many girls from back then.
嗨! - 我们都认识
Hi! - We know each other, Ruth.