当我第一次在电视上 看到美人鱼芭比时 我就这副表情...
When I first saw a mermaid Barbie on TV, I was like...
哦!太美了!
Oh! That's it!
好了 姑娘们
Okay, girls.
好的
Alrighty.
克里斯蒂 我来给你整理一下头发
Okay, Christie. Let me fix your hair.
我的梦幻美人鱼克里斯蒂 紫色小姐 她只在乎她的头发
My Mermaid Fantasy Christie, Miss Purple, she's all about her hair.
在摄像机架在她面前
Her hair has to be fixed
或是在她进泳池之前 她的发型必须整理好
before a camera's in front of her, or even when she go into the pool.
我知道你不喜欢 你的头发乱糟糟的 姑娘
I know you don't like your hair being all crazy, Miss Girl.
然后我拥有了 《梦幻仙境》版的美人鱼克里斯蒂
And then I have my Fairytopia Mermaid Christie.
我喜欢你尾巴的颜色
I love your tail color.
我也喜欢你的 真漂亮 我就知道 对吧?
I love yours too. It's so pretty.
我们的尾巴是最棒的
I know, right? We have, like, the best tails.
随着《玩具总动员》的流行
With Toy Story being a thing,
终于有了玩偶之类的周边
and, you know, finally having dolls and stuff,
我心想:“我不在这儿的时候 这些小婊贝们就会活跃起来”
I was like, "These bitches come alive when I'm not in here."
鱼儿们!我来啦!
Fishies! I'm here!
嘿 你们好!嗨!
Hey, girl! Hey! Hi!
我受够了 香奈儿!好吗?我受够了
I am over it, Chanelle! Okay? I am over it.
所以我有这么多玩偶 所以我喜欢她们 喜欢和她们交谈
That's why I have so many. That's why I love them.
所以我会和她们一起玩
That's why I talk to them. That's why I play with them.
我没什么可羞耻的
And I have no shame in my game.
这都是我的孩子 即使身为成年人 我也要带着我的玩偶
Those are my babies. And even as an adult, Imma have my dolls with me.
片名:职业美人鱼:美丽背后
(第二集 准备好 亲爱的)
目前完全靠表演维生的
The number of professional mermaids
专业美人鱼数量
currently living 100% on performing,
要我说在全世界还不到50个
I would say is less than 50 in the world.
而能让你
And I can count on one hand
成为全职美人鱼的地方 我一只手就能数得过来
the number of places where you can be a full-time mermaid.
人鱼裁缝师是为数不多
And Mertailor is one of the very few unique opportunities
能够提供 成为专业美人鱼机会的公♥司♥之一
to be a professional mermaid/merman.
等你准备好了
Whenever you're ready.
脚尖伸直 向后翻转
Point those toes and flip backwards.
她真是爱炫耀
And she's a show-off.
好了 特里斯坦 我们来看看你的前跃式
Okay, Tristan, let's go ahead and see your front leap.
接下来是鸟式阿♥拉♥贝斯克
So that was a bird arabesque.
漂亮 小心撞头
Great job. Watch your head.
看上去有点像水神恩基
Sort of looks like the god Enki.
给他一把三叉戟就圆♥满♥了
Give the man a trident and he's done.
她太想要这份工作了
She wants this so bad.
我只想看到你们在水下的个性
I just want to see your personalities underwater. All right?
所以笑一个 给我们一个大大的飞吻 好吗?
So smile and blow us a big kiss, okay?
很好 谢谢你们二位
All right, thank you, you two.
她很紧张
She was nervous.
超级紧张
Super nervous.
她可能有点经验
She probably has some experience.
有时候经验太丰富了也不是什么好事
Sometimes too much experience can be not good.
可能训练起来会更加困难
Might be harder to train.
这就是你得考虑的 你会投入多少
That's what you have to look at, is how much work you have to invest in it.
我们很高兴你们都来了
We're really happy that you all came out.
我们要做几个决定
We've got some decisions that we've got to make.
但我们不一定会在今天或明天就决定
We're not necessarily gonna make 'em today or tomorrow.
在不久的将来 我们会和你们中的几个人谈谈
There's a couple of you that we're gonna... talk to in the near future.
我们会在一两周内给大家发邮件
We will be giving everybody an email in a week or two with our final decisions.
我觉得我表现得很好 嗯 感觉很棒
I think I did good. Like, it felt good.
现在我们就等着吧
Now we wait.
(人鱼裁缝师 佛罗里达州)
(宾夕法尼亚州 宾州文艺复兴节)
是人鱼表演找上了我 而不是反过来
Mermaiding really found me, not the other way around.
我当时是一名马戏团演员 主要表演高空杂技
I was working as a circus performer. My primary discipline was as an aerialist.
然后我开始学习其他技能 来丰富我的节目内容
And I just started to sort of pick up other skills to add to my repertoire,
让我能获得更多表演预约
make me more bookable.
我踩过高跷、喷过火焰
I became a stilt-walker, a fire-breather,
后来有一次我心想: “那就再加上人鱼表演吧”
and at one point I was like, "Okay. Let's add mermaiding."
几乎是立竿见影 我的人鱼表演预约量
And almost instantly, I had more bookings for mermaiding
比我其他节目的总和还要多
than I did for any of my other skills combined.
所以需求显然是存在的
So the need was very obviously there.
这个行业正在寻找更多的演员
The industry was obviously looking for more performers.
我们就是这样发展起来的
And that's how it developed.
最后 我接到的人鱼表演工作 远超我的体力负荷
Eventually I had more work mermaiding than I could personally physically do,
所以我开始雇佣 其他可以胜任的美人鱼
so I started hiring other mermaids that I would book out.
于是碧海妖姬便诞生了
And thus was born the Circus Siren Pod.
这一切全都是水到渠成 自然而然
It happened very organically, very naturally.
如今我负责35位 现场表演艺术家的业务
And now I'm in charge of 35 live performance artists.
我已经受够了一说到“专业美人鱼”
I am so tired of saying "professional mermaid"
就听到“像维奇瓦奇那样吗?”这种话
and hearing, "Oh, like Weeki Wachee?"
不是
No. No. No.
跟维奇瓦奇完全不一样
Not like Weeki Wachee.
早上好 各位
Morning, guys.
已经八点啦
It is eight o'clock.
醒醒 醒醒!
Wakey, wakey!
轮到姑娘们上场啦
Big girl mermaid time.
早上好
Good morning.
时间表在白板上
Good morning. - Schedule's on the board.
贝琪 你第一个出场
Becky, you're in first.
全都是杂务...
Chores, chores, chores, chores...
天啊!
Jesus Christ!
嘿 各位?
Hey, guys?
我们能不能别把动物皮毛落在地上
Can we not leave animal fur on the ground
免得大清早 就把摩迦娜吓到心脏病发作?
and give Morgana a heart attack in the morning?
能!
Yes!
我从小在身为特种兵的父亲身边长大
I grew up with a father who was a Green Beret.
他从一开始就教授了我许多生存技能
He taught survival skills from day one.
我百分百是爸爸的乖女儿
I was 100% Daddy's little girl.
他的离去伤透了我的心
And him leaving broke my heart.
我想那是我第一次
I think that was my first
真正经历失去
real experience with loss.
但我一直有一种生存主义者心态
But I have always had a survivalist's mentality.
我家有一根长棍
In the house, there's a bo staff,
两把英格兰长弓
two English longbows,
弩
crossbow,
两把火枪 一把步♥枪♥
two muskets, a rifle,
几把剑
several swords,
两柄洛卡柏斧
two Lochaber axes,
一柄固定在墙上的锤矛
a fixed mace,
两根格斗手杖...
two combat walking sticks...
刀的数量我就不细数了
I'm not gonna begin to count the knives.
这能让你觉得 你有机会掌控你的命运
It's the sense that you have the chance to control your fate.
(阿肯色州 小石城)
去参加这些试演对我来说 真的是太重要了
It's such a big deal to go and travel to these auditions.
为了几份我不一定能得到的工作
It costs a lot of money and time
我要花费大量的时间和金钱
for something I may or may not get.
“晶晶 我知道参与水下表演
"Sparkles, I know getting to be a part
是你的梦想
of an underwater show was and is a dream for you."
很遗憾 我们的水下表演部门
"Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have a position for you
并没有适合你的职位
in our underwater performance department to offer you."
但是 你的正能量 努力和勇气值得赞赏
"However, your positive energy, efforts, and courage is much appreciated."
我和我的团队祝愿你一切顺利
"Myself and the rest of our crew wishes you nothing but the best."
希望在不久的将来能够再次见到你
"I hope to see you again in the near future."
祝你好运 埃里克”
"Best wishes, Eric."
亲爱的特里斯坦
"Dear Tristan,
我很高兴能为你 在人鱼裁缝师提供一份全职工作
I am pleased to offer you a full-time job at Mertailor."
请在5月6日到岗
"Your first day is May 6th."
天啊
Oh my gosh.
(特里斯坦 红河人鱼)
-嘿 T 怎么了? -嘿 妈妈
Hey, T. What's up? - Hey, Mom.
他们雇了我 5月6日就去入职
They hired me. My first day is May 6th.
-真的吗? -真的!
Are you serious? - Yes!
我们要弄清楚 我在人鱼裁缝师到底做什么工作
And we're gonna figure what my role is at Mertailor,
但基本上就是: “欢迎加入我们的大家庭”
but basically like, "Welcome to the family."
你做得很好 我为你骄傲
You got something wonderful going, and I'm proud of you.
-爱你 -我也爱你
Love you. - I love you too.