And in the first hour, out come the drugs.
我吸了一口
I took just one hit,
立刻感到极大的羞耻感
and then the instant shame.
很快就变得很糟糕
And it got bad very, very quickly.
非常糟糕
It got so bad. Um...
我没回家 在车里睡了几周
I didn't go home to where I was living. I was living in my truck for weeks.
他们快把我的手♥机♥打爆了 埃里克、坎迪
And I'm seeing, like, my phone is blowing up from Eric, Candy,
所有那些人鱼
all the mermaids.
我不知道该怎么办
And I didn't know what to do,
最后我实在没办法 也就顾不得了
and I finally just, like, threw my hands up in desperation
我找了埃里克的妈妈 坎迪
and I talked to Eric's mom, Candy.
我想给他一个机会 让他找回从前的生活
I wanted to afford him an opportunity to get back to the place
做回从前的自己
and the person that he was.
真实的自己
That he is.
我很替特里斯坦担心
I was concerned about Tristan.
不清楚他会怎样
And I wasn't sure what was going to happen with him.
但我相信每个人都该有第二次机会
But I'm a believer in second chances.
他是那种“我会改好”的人
And because he is such a "I'm going to do better" person,
“我想要改过自新”
"I want to do better,"
如果你有这个能力 为何不给这种人一个改好的机会呢?
you know, why not give somebody the opportunity to do better if you can?
如果不是他们母子二人
And that woman and that man, together,
我现在可能已经死了
are the only reason that I may be alive right now.
(人鱼裁缝师)
(乔治亚州埃克沃斯)
我在乔治亚中部 和人鱼妈妈纳沙一起生活
I was living with Merma Naja in the middle of Georgia.
但纳沙的生活情况有了变化 我只好搬走
But Naja's living situation changed, and I basically had to move out.
我的压力好大 我得找个地方
It's been super stressful because I need somewhere to go.
我联♥系♥了我妈
Well, I reached out to my mom,
问她我能不能回去住两周
and I asked if I could stay for a couple of weeks.
她回复说:“不行
And the response I got was basically a, "No, you can't."
但是祝你过得好”
"But live your best life and good luck."
我还有朋友可以投靠
I got more friends that I can go to.
所以我联♥系♥了加比 来到了这个大城市
So, I hit up Gabi, and now I'm here in the big city.
我冲些茶 - 谢谢 妹子
I'm going to make some tea. - Thank you, sis.
财务方面 我很缺乏资金
Financially, I am very low on funds.
所以现在 我只能到处借宿
So right now, I am couch-surfing.
在人家沙发上游泳
Couch-swimming.
我认识布利克斯12年了
I've known Blix for 12 years.
他帮过我 所以现在我帮他
He's helped me in the past, and so now I'm here to help him.
他的家人不管他
His family is pushing him to the side.
这种时候本应该是最需要家人的
You'd think this is the time he needs them the most,
可他们却让他自己想办法
and actually they just kind of left them out in the dry.
我会继续游下去
I gotta keep swimming.
看这些鱼!
Ah, look at the fish!
好漂亮!
Wow! - So pretty!
在希尔弗顿海洋馆表演可不简单
The Silverton Aquarium is a crazy place to perform.
你要格外努力才能吸引到观众
You almost have to work harder to draw that audience in
让他们在一片老虎机 和灯红酒绿的环境里
to take them away from the slot machines and bright lights
注意到你
and be even more magical
你必须比维加斯的其他一切更有魔力
than everything else going on in Vegas.
哇!
Wow!
看右边 看
Look at the ray. Look.
天呐 他好可爱
Oh my God. He's so cute.
在这里表演比在其他海洋馆更难
As aquarium gigs go, this one is harder than most
因为赌场24小时营业
because casinos are open 24/7.
你没有下水彩排的机会 直接演
So you don't get a practice dive before being on display.
汲取灵感 我会很动感情的
Take inspiration. Gonna make me emotional.
现在动感情太早了 - 我知道
Too early to get emotional. - I know.
准备好了? - 应该吧
You ready? - I think so.
好了各位 上楼
All right, guys. We gotta head up.
我喜欢这气味
I love this smell.
哇
Wow.
好 大家围成一圈
All right, circle up.
这就是希尔弗顿的 443立方米海水鱼缸
Welcome to the 117,000-gallon Silverton saltwater tank.
是的
Whoo! - Yes.
Yay!
在有活鱼的水族箱里表演
Working in a live stocked aquarium
可能很危险 瞬间就发生危险
can be very dangerous, very fast.
在水族箱里 随时有体温过低的风险
Hypothermia is a constant risk with aquarium work.
水温不到27度 我们想限制水下时间
In less than 80 degrees, we want to really limit our time in the water
确保不会有人太冷
in order to make sure no one gets too cold
导致运动机能失控
to the point where they have a loss of motor control.
表演时间20分钟 确保没人出现失温症
Gonna be doing 20-minute sets to make sure no one goes hypothermic.
还有海洋动物的危险 你们的动作要缓慢
As far as hazards and animal life, you guys need to move slow.
里面有很多鱼
This is a heavily stocked tank.
如果要下潜到底的话
If you're gonna go to the bottom,
要慢慢地下去 别踩到鳐鱼
land nice and slow, and don't land on a ray.
还有一条刺河豚 你们看见了吗?
There is also a porcupine puffer fish. Everybody see him?
别摸它
Don't try to pet him.
它会咬人 - 嗯
He gets a little nippy. - Hm.
我们穿上人鱼装 准备演出
We're going to start tailing up and put on a show.
好极了 真兴奋
Awesome. Exciting.
演出头天晚上 我往往会做噩梦
I tend to wake up on show days already having the nightmare
梦见出了可怕的事故
that something's gone horrifically wrong.
有东西破了 或者什么地方漏了
That something has busted or broken or is leaking somewhere.
泵坏了 或者过滤器失灵
If the pump has failed, if the filter has failed.
如果水族箱炸了 玻璃破了呢?
What if the entire thing explodes catastrophically, the glass breaks
美人鱼被炸出来
and the mermaid shoots out the side
动脉被划破
while lacerating all her major arteries on the way out,
甚至死亡 让4.7万名儿童受到创伤
dies, and traumatizes 47,000 children?
队里有这么多人 她们这一路给我信任
There's so many members of this team that have trusted me with their journey,
把她们的安全和生计都托付在我身上
that trusted me with their safety, trusted me with their livelihood,
如果我做出错误的决定
and if I make the wrong calls,
所有的信任都毁了
all of that goes away.
(纽约布朗克斯)
新的一天 新妆闪耀
It's a new day, it's time for a new slay
(我是足够的 我能放下)
(我总能赢 我爱自己)
为了能入选登上邮轮 我得有足够的钱去迈阿密
If I get selected for this cruise, I have to have money to get to Miami.
因为邮轮停泊在迈阿密
Because that's where the cruise ship is docked.
赶紧赚钱
So, it's hustle time.
我会回来的 记住我的话 无线电城音乐厅
Imma be back here. Mark my words. Radio City Music Hall.
那上面会写着: “布利克海啸全球巡演 门票售罄”
It's gonna say, "The Blixunami World Tour. Sold out."
巨人手臂 布利克斯
Big arms, Blix.
这是你的正式工作? 你平时还做别的吗?
Is this your real job? Or do you have a day job too?
对 就是这个
Yeah. This it.
这是你的正式工作?很酷
This is your real job? Cool. - Uh-huh.
尾巴戴上
Bring on the tail.
很多人鱼艺人有一个“海盗”帮忙
A lot of mermaids have one pirate,
但布利克海啸需要一船水手
but The Blixunami needs a crew.
变身
The transformation.
系好扣子
Then just get the buttons.
在纽约 朋友们愿意帮我实现梦想
In New York, friends are willing to help me get to be where I want to be.
你的嘴唇很好看 - 好的
Your lips look good, honey. - Okay.
既然在纽约 我一定要在“照片墙”上圈到粉丝
Since I'm in New York, I'm going to make sure I get Instagram followers.
把品牌宣传出去 显示我的风采
Getting the brand out there and doing my thing.
一定要让布利克海啸的名字家喻户晓
Going to make sure everybody knows who The Blixunami is.
好! - 太棒了!
Yes! - Gorgeous!
谢谢!别忘了在“照片墙”上圈我
Thank you! Make sure y'all tag me on Instagram.
动动鱼鳍
Flip that fin.
借光!人鱼来了!
Excuse me! Merman coming through!
他刚刚溅落在本市 掀起了巨浪
He just splashed in the city. Making big waves.
布利克海啸!
The Blixunami!
很多人看我面带微笑
A lot of people see me with a smile on my face,
但内心深处 很多时候
but deep down inside, a lot of the times, I'm--
我藏着一副悲伤面孔
I have a sad face that I'm hiding.
我想用“哦 那都过去了”来掩饰
And I try to mask it with, "Oh, that's the past."
但在内心深处
But deep down inside,
八岁的小埃里克仍然很受伤
little eight-year-old Eric still is hurting.
在30岁埃里克的心里 挥之不去
And it's lingering to 30-year-old Eric.
我父母还没能完全接纳这个真实的我
My parents still haven't accepted me fully for who I am.
我得不停地游
I got to keep swimming.
(佛罗里达州勒坎托)
福克斯96.7 下午好 我是凯莉莱特
The Fox, 96.7. Good afternoon. It's Kelly Wright.