再见 妈妈!
Bye, Mom!
我想在人鱼裁缝师发展事业
I want Mertailor to be my career.
我认为我具备资质
I think I'm worthy.
我知道我可能是个累赘 但是...
I know... I'm probably a liability, but...
目标 梦想
Goals. Dreams.
19岁时 我便开始在华特迪士尼世界
When I was 19 years old, I started at Walt Disney World
担任游♥行♥和表演演员
as a parade and show performer.
特里斯坦 走四步 你只是在转圈 所以...
Tristan, four steps. You're just twisting and that's why...
我被一个纪录片摄制组选中
And I was selected by a documentary crew
来展示迪士尼演员的生活
to show what it was like to be a Disney performer.
拍摄首日的前晚
And the night before the first day of filming
是我第一次嗑药
was my first time doing drugs.
今天是我第一天上班 我不知道会发生什么
Today was my first day. I didn't know what to expect.
我登场了
I showed up,
摄像机对着我的脸
cameras in my face,
我心想:“我要死了”
thinking, "I'm about to die."
特里斯坦看上去十分紧张
Tristan looked very nervous.
我看到他眼睛瞪得超大 然后说:“什么?
I see him and eyes are this big and he's like, "What?"
我得拿着这些剑去哪里 然后干嘛?”
"I have to take these swords and move 'em which way and do what?"
那是因为我嗑药磕嗨了
It's 'cause I was cracked out.
我是疯了吧
I was out of my mind.
我对安♥非♥他♥命♥上瘾了
I developed an amphetamine addiction.
瘾头以一种让我毫无防备的方式
And it just grabbed a hold of me
扼住了我
in a way that I was completely unprepared for.
我被迪士尼开除了
I got fired from Disney.
我从没想过我会再次登台表演
I never thought I would perform again.
生活越来越艰难
Life got harder.
真的很艰难
Life got really hard.
有人送了我一条人鱼尾巴
Someone sent me a mermaid tail.
我注意到只要哪天我去游泳
And I noticed that days that I swam
当天我就不会吸毒
were days that I either didn't use
甚至连瘾头都没有
or didn't even have a craving.
我现在已经戒了
I'm sober now.
有些日子要比其他日子更加难熬
There are days that are harder than others.
但是…
But...
作为埃里克水箱里的一名演员...
Being a performer in the tank for Eric...
那个目标 我能看到那道光
That goal, I can see that light.
在文字出现之前 人们就被美人鱼的概念
There's something that's drawn humanity to the concept of mermaids
所吸引
since before the written word.
(水晶河)
现在有了社交媒体
And now with the invention of social media,
美人鱼的概念和意象
we're starting to change what it means to be a mermaid
都开始发生了改变
and what a mermaid can look like.
社交媒体上有不少表现突出的美人鱼
There are mermaids out there who have absolutely excelled in social media
他们通过这种形式 将人鱼表演介绍给了全世界
and in bringing mermaiding to the world through that form.
美人鱼汉娜是原创大佬 她自2000年以来
Mermaid Hannah is the OG, the original mermaid
便作为原创美人鱼活跃在互联网上
that's been out there since 2000.
她十分擅长与鲨鱼 还有其他海洋动物一起拍摄
She specializes in these incredible underwater photo shoots with sharks
令人惊叹的水下照片
and other marine animals.
还有加利福尼亚的人鱼安迪
And then there's Merman Andy out in California.
他持续不断地 为短视频内容带来了革新
He's been revolutionizing short form video format.
布利克海啸在南卡罗来纳 掀起了不可思议的轰动
The Blixunami is this incredible force of nature coming out of South Carolina.
他已经成为了社群的灵感来源
He's become an inspiration in the community.
我是布利克海啸
I am The Blixunami,
我是非二元性别人鱼
and I am a non-binary merm.
我所做的一切都是为了娱乐大众
I'm all about entertaining people.
我是第一个发行歌♥曲的人鱼
I'm the first merperson with music out.
-好的 开机 -开拍
Okay, rolling. - Action.
人们可以叫我疯子 但我根本不在乎
People can call me crazy, but I do not care.
我活出了最好的样子
I'm living my best life.
停在那里
Stop there.
-太棒了! -它就在我身后 是吗?
Yes! - It's right behind me, isn't it?
对
Yeah.
哦 天啊!
Oh God!
我正在写一首歌♥ 叫《浪花飞舞》
I'm working on a song called "Splish-Splash on 'Em."
我正在为它拍摄音乐录音带
And I'm working on the music video for it.
哇 好漂亮的镜头
Ooh... - Wow. That's a beautiful shot.
-太棒了! -天啊
Yes! - Holy shit.
停!
Cut!
我想做的事情实在是太多了
There's so many things I want to do
但是说到音乐录影带
but then when it comes to music videos
你就需要预算、需要钱,但我的钱并不多
you need a budget, you need money, and I don't have a lot,
所以我得非常有创造力
so I have to be super creative.
于是 我和人鱼纳沙一块合作
So I'm working with Merma Naja.
-就像这样 -对 没错
Like this too. - Yeah. Like, yeah...
我的音乐录影带需要你 美女
I need you for my music video, beautiful.
-把手伸出来 -好孩子
Stick your hand out. - Good boy. Good boy.
我认为布利克斯会成为巨星
I think Blix is going to be huge.
超级巨星
A huge star.
当我第一次见到他的时候 我说:“你知道吗?
When I first met him I said, "You know what?"
你一定会出名的”
"You're gonna be famous."
我们要换个地方吗 布利克斯 还是...
Should we move Blix or...
嗯 我不知...
Yeah, I don't...
因为你一直在抚摸他
'Cause you keep petting him.
这里有匹马 我啥都做不了
I can't do what I need to with a horse here.
-所以我觉得... -我是说...
That's why I'm like step... - I'm saying...
作为人鱼妈妈 纳沙给了我
Naja gives me, as a mer-mom,
我的亲生母亲从未给我的鼓励
an encouragement that I didn't get from my real mother.
-做你该做的 -好的
Do your thing. Yes. - Yeah.
布利克斯是我的人鱼儿子
Blix is my mer-son.
他是我的缪斯
He's my muse.
他是我的灵感来源
He's my inspiration.
在这之后 我还是想拍更大的场景
After this, I still want to film even bigger scenes.
我要全力以赴拍摄水下的场景
I want to go all out for the underwater scenes.
我也在尝试在水下对口型唱完整首歌♥
I'm trying to lip-synch the whole song underwater too.
-整首歌♥? -整首歌♥
The whole thing? - The whole thing.
更进一步
Next level.
-再接再厉 -天外有天
Just beyond. - The sky is not the limit.
(宾夕法尼亚州文艺复兴节)
(碧海妖姬 专业水上艺术家)
来吧 各位 靠近点
Come on in, guys. You can come closer.
我知道这是一种有2.7米高 长着对生拇指的顶级掠食者
I know it's a nine-foot apex predator with opposable thumbs,
但是这玻璃有5厘米厚 你们应该没事
but the glass is two inches thick. You're probably fine.
如果你是刚刚到场
If you're just joining us,
这位是奇拉 她是来自大西洋的百慕达三角美人鱼
Kira here is our Atlantic Ocean Bermuda Triangle mermaid.
她是位公主 至少她是这么说的
She is a princess, or at least she claims.
我很久没见过真正的美人鱼了
I haven't seen a real mermaid in a long time.
在美国 全职做专业美人鱼是非常困难的
In the US, it's very difficult to be a full-time professional mermaid.
你得成为旧式马戏团里那样的
You pretty much need to be a travelling performer
巡回演出演员 才能将其作为你的全职工作
in the style of the old circus in order to make this your full-time job.
水箱底部都是她沉没的宝藏
In the bottom of her tank are her sunken treasures.
她只会一个把戏 那就是捞宝藏
She has one trick and one trick only. It is fetch.
如果你想让她游到海底
If you'd like her to swim to the bottom of her tank
帮你捞个宝藏 那就来见见我们的海盗吧
and fetch a treasure for you, you can see our pirates.
他们唯一的把戏就是拿走你的钞票
Their one trick is taking your money.
一年52个星期 我有48个星期都在路上
I'm on the road 48 weeks out of 52 a year.
这是种精彩而神奇的生活 你可以看到世界许多不同的角落
It's an amazing, magical life. You get to see a lot of the world.
但旅行却让人精疲力竭
But it is exhausting on the travel side.
我就住在这儿算了
Whew! I'll just live here now.
Okay.
做一条性感优雅的美人鱼真是太棒了
The business of being a sexy, graceful mermaid is so great.
我一爬上来 鼻涕就滴了下来
It's when I come up, and there's snot dripping down my face, and I just think,
而我却只想着: “你们不觉得很爽吗?”
"Are you not entertained?"
几年前 有篇文章 写道:“专业美人鱼”
Years ago this article ran, and it said, "Professional mermaid,"
整篇文章只有两句话 是这么写的:
and the entire listing was two sentences. It said,
“专业人鱼表演就像模特表演一样
"Professional mermaiding is just like modelling,
只不过你要穿着鱼尾 坐在一块石头上
only you sit on a rock in a tail."
平均工资 一年六万”
"Average salary, 60,000 a year."
这块石头在哪儿?
Where is this rock?
美人鱼表演分为两类
Mermaid gigs fall into two categories
一类是面向家庭 面向儿童
that tend to be family-friendly kid-focused,
另一类比较高大上 给拉斯维加斯 公♥司♥派对、屋顶泳池等活动营造氛围
or high glam, Vegas, corporate party, rooftop pool kind of vibe.