能了解到很多
round people's houses.
抱歉 我得去下...厕所在哪
Sorry, I just need the... the toilet?
在楼上 直走就是
Just... the top of the stairs, straight on.
-我们该走了 -好
- We should go. - Yeah.
-他们只是好心 加斯 -他们是来打探消息
- They're just being kind, Gareth. - They've come here to pry.
-我们就...让你们 -感谢前来
- We'll, um... let you guys... - Thanks so much for coming.
-我很抱歉 我们... -不必
- I'm so sorry, we're... - Not at all.
不 是我们抱歉
No, we're so sorry.
如果你们需要什么 就...
If you need anything, just...
我希望食物你们吃的惯
I hope everything's all right with the food,
只是烧烤时的一些剩菜
it was just a few bits left over from the barbecue...
我们是素食主义者 所以
We're vegetarian, mate, so...
没关系 谢谢你们的好意
It doesn't matter, it was really kind of you.
-我可以送点别的 -不 真的 没事
- I can get something else... - No, honestly, it's fine.
我们现在不挑剔
We're not fussy right now.
请进
Yes?
-你好 斯蒂芬妮 -抱歉打扰 巴德韦尔老师
- Hello, Stephanie. - Sorry to interrupt, Mrs Bardwell.
-你有空吗 -当然 请进
- Erm, do you have a moment? - Of course. Come in.
-我... -坐下吧
- I, um... - Oh, please sit down.
我想跟你谈谈阿利克斯
I wanted to talk to you about Alex.
当然
Of course.
他的同学怎么样
How are his classmates?
他们很好
They're OK.
我们在慢慢接受
We're taking it slowly.
我相信你一定做得很好
I'm sure you're doing brilliantly.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry,
我感觉...很糟
I feel... terrible.
-我应该早点说 但是 -说什么 斯蒂芬妮
- I should have said before, but... - Said what, Stephanie?
阿利克斯经常很孤僻
Alex was distant, a lot.
又是挨饿
Hungry, sometimes.
焦虑 或多数时候愤怒
Anxious, or angry a lot of the time.
他有时...
He could be...
他有瘀伤 很小
He had bruises. Small ones.
任何小孩都可能有 但考虑到其他事情
Any child could get them, but just with everything else...
我知道我早该说了 但我从没感觉...
I know I should have said, but it just never felt that...
现在我还担心可能什么都不是
And now I'm also worried it could be nothing,
但你永远不知道别人家里发生了什么
but you never know what's going on at home,
所以我觉得我该说出来
so I thought I should say something.
你做得对
You've done the right thing.
交给我吧 然后
You just leave it with me, and, er...
我去跟有关部门汇报 我会谨慎处理
..I will talk to the authorities. I'll be very discreet.
我只是担心这都是我的错
I'm just worried it's all my fault.
这绝不是你的错
It is absolutely not your fault.
你没做错事 你是个善良 会观察的教师
You've done nothing but be a kind, observant teacher.
谢谢
Thank you.
阿利克斯·博伊德
父亲 加斯·博伊德
我们的儿子阿利克斯十岁了
Our son Alex is ten years old.
他热爱超级英雄
He loves superheroes.
他爱编故事
He loves making up stories...
做小♥电♥影♥
..Making little films.
我们的儿子失踪了
'Our son is missing.
我们只想让他回家
'And we just want him back...
如果我们儿子在你手里
'If you have our son,
或如果你们知道他在哪 在谁那里
'or if you know where he is, or who has him,
拜托 请把他还给我们
'please... please just give him back.
告诉我们他在哪
'Tell us where he is.
我们不会惹任何麻烦
'There won't be any trouble.
我们只希望儿子回来
'We just want our baby back.'
求你了
'Please!'
你好
Hello.
嗨
Hi.
琴在家吗
Is Jean home?
不 不在
No, no.
她 她去她妈妈那里了
She's, er, she's... She's at her mum's.
我
I'm...
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
只是...
It's just...
这太糟心了
it is so terrible.
我...
And I...
我只想说 如果有什么
..I just wanted to say, if there's anything...
有什么我能帮忙
..Anything that I can do...
你想进来吗
Do you wanna come in?
好
Yeah.
爸 这太蠢了
Dad, this is so stupid!
我只是小心为上
I'm just being cautious
直到我们知道那小男孩出了什么事为止
until we find out what happened to that little boy.
好吧 但我不是小男孩 对吧
Yeah, well, I'm not a little boy, am I?!
你大可以让朋友来这里
You're welcome to ask your friends round here,
但我不会让你
but I'm not having you
在这种时候半夜出去瞎溜达
wandering off into town at night at the moment.
-抱歉 爸爸 -我说了不行
- I'm sorry. Dad... - I said no!
我去跟她谈
I'll talk to her.
咚咚咚
Knock, knock.
拜托 亲爱的 你♥爸♥爸只是...
Come on, sweetheart. Your dad's just...
现在大家都很害怕 他只是...
It's scary times, he's just...
他只想小心行事 仅此而已
He's just being careful, that's all.
你想让我开车送你去朋友家吗 还是
Do you want me to drive you over to a friend's, or...?
爸爸内疚是因为失踪的可能是本
Dad is guilty because it could have been Ben.
他在拿我出气
He's just taking it out on me.
他没有拿你出气 但他确实想保护你
He's not taking it out on you, but he is trying to protect you.
其他部分很可能是真的
The other stuff's probably true.
抱歉 我不想惹麻烦
I'm sorry, I don't want to be a problem.
你是离麻烦最远的孩子了
You are the furthest thing possible from a problem.
本不开心 对吧
Ben's been upset, hasn't he?
对 没错
Yeah. Yeah...
他们是朋友吗 他和阿利克斯
Were they friends? Him and Alex?
同班同学
Same class.
他肯定吓坏了
He must be terrified.
突然之间 世界变得...充满危险
Suddenly, the world is... dangerous, you know?
对
Yeah.
对
Yeah.
你想让我跟他谈谈吗
Would you like me to talk to him?
你真好心 我想他没事
That's kind of you. I think he's fine.
谢谢 我不打扰了
Thank you. I'll leave you to it.
她没事 她明白
She's fine. She gets it.
-那就好 -对
- That's good. - Yeah.
-谢谢 -谢谢你
- Thank you. - Thank you.
她很优秀 乔治娜
You know, she's brilliant, Georgina.
真的 你知道这点 对吧
She is. You do get that, don't you?
我知道 真是噩梦
I do. It's a nightmare.
她成熟 善于表达 而且
I mean, she's mature and articulate, and...
很善良
really kind.
你真该为她骄傲 你抚养了个好孩子
You should be really proud of her. You've done really well.
我觉得我们都是
I'd say we both have.
是吗
Have we?
本有点不对劲
With Ben, something's not right.
我觉得他需要帮助
I think he needs help.
为什么
Why?
我担心他的行为
I'm worried about his behaviour.
他才十岁 小特 有时就会犯浑
He's ten, T, he's bound to be an arsehole sometimes.
我完全不担心他的行为
I'm really not worried about his behaviour.
对 但他跟你在一起不同
Yeah, but he's, erm, different with you.
我担心我...
I'm worried that I...
我有点...
that I'm....
-听着 宝贝 -那个...
- Look, babe... - That...
你知道我了解一个人
You know that I know it's really hard
带孩子有多么辛苦
bringing a child up on your own.
而且我能凭借经验说
And I can speak from experience
我认为你干得很好
that I think you've done a good job.
本的爸爸离开了
Ben's dad left.