你看起来很美
You look nice.
谢谢 亲爱的
Thank you, sweetheart.
乖一点
Be good.
快点 小特 我们要迟到了
Come on, T, we're gonna be late.
埃迪
Eddie!
-请进 -谢谢
- Come in. - Thank you.
-最近怎样 -不错
- How are you? - Good.
这边走 我已经开好了一瓶酒
Through here. I've already opened a bottle.
孩子们还好吗
Is everything all right with the kids over...?
是的 我去看了乔治娜
Er, yeah. I'm checking in with Georgina.
他们很好 我带了点钱来重置花盆
They're fine. Oh, and I've brought some cash for the pot.
别担心那个了
Oh, don't worry about that.
海伦已经完全信了是我打破了花盆
Helen's already thoroughly enjoying the idea it was me.
干杯
Well, cheers.
我真的很抱歉 伙计 我不想给你招惹麻烦
I really am sorry, mate. I don't want to cause you problems.
不是什么新鲜事了
Oh, it's nothing new.
听我说 我想为周日碰面时的冷漠道歉
Listen, I wanted to apologise if I came across as frosty on Sunday
这非我本意
and I really didn't wanna do that.
伙计 人们总是说我
Mate, people are always
不懂社交方面的人情世故
telling me I can't read social situations.
所以我大概没注意到
So I probably didn't even notice.
我确实觉得有点
I mean, I do feel a bit like
我在大家不太方便的时候闯入了对方生活
I've kind of caught everyone at the wrong time.
仿佛有种...阴霾的气氛 你懂吗
Like there's a... an atmosphere, you know what I mean?
但那没关系
But that's fine.
你不能取悦所有人
You can't please everyone.
不过说到底 能在家人身边就很好 对吧
And ultimately, it's just nice to be around family, isn't it?
对
Yeah.
-干杯 -干杯
- Cheers. - Cheers.
我到了
我也是
我觉得我们该去个更僻静的地方
I think we should go somewhere a bit more quiet.
-为什么 这里没人 -对 我只是
- Why? There's nobody here. - Yeah, I just...
我想离开这里 拜托
I want to get out of here, please.
比我想象的高级多了
It's a lot posher than I expected.
香槟看着也很好
Fizz looks good too.
恭喜
Congratulations.
-嗯 干杯 -特蕾莎
- Oh, yeah. Cheers. - Theresa!
莱斯利 你好
Leslie, hi. Hey.
抱歉 莱斯利 这是我的伴侣 弗雷泽
Sorry. Leslie, this is, erm, my partner, Fraser.
这位是桑特报社的莱斯利·桑特
This is Leslie Saunt from Saunt Publishing,
他是今晚的赞助商之一
he's one of the sponsors of tonight.
我一直光顾韦斯考特咖啡馆
You know, I've been visiting Westcott's
从你母亲15年前开业起就是
since your mother opened the first one 15 years ago.
她肯定会为你现在的成就感到骄傲
She would be so proud of all that you've accomplished with it.
谢谢 莱斯利
Thank you, Leslie.
我只希望明天的报纸上能刊登像你这样
I just hope it's thriving local businesses like yours
蓬勃发展的当地企业 而不是...
we read about tomorrow and not...
不是什么
What's that?
我想迟早大家都会知道
Oh, I suppose it'll be public knowledge sooner or later.
警♥察♥今天下午逮捕了我们的摄影师
The police arrested our photographer this afternoon.
因为 因为涉嫌谋杀那个小男孩
For the... murder of that poor little boy.
也许你认识他 科林·奇斯克
Maybe you know him? Colin Chiswick.
天呐 我们听说过 但是...
Oh, my God. Erm, we've heard of him, but...
我知道 他为人古怪 但是
Yeah, I know, he's an odd fish but...
我已经跟他共事二十多年了
I've worked with the man for over 20 years.
这些可怕的谣言 "在游乐场闲逛"
All these dreadful rumours, "Loitering in playgrounds".
真是胡扯
What rubbish.
如果他是无辜的 警♥察♥会发现
Well, if he's innocent, the police will realise.
警♥察♥ 就这里吗
The police? Around here?
当然了 我非常同情那户人家
Of course, my sympathies are entirely with the family.
总之 不说这个了 我不该提起
Anyway, enough about that. I shouldn't have brought it up.
祝你今晚好运 可爱的特蕾莎
Good luck tonight, lovely Theresa.
挑一个靠走道的位置
Get yourself an aisle seat.
你还好吗
Are you OK?
嗯
Yeah.
我...
I, erm...
我想给你点东西
I just wanted to give you something.
真美
It's beautiful.
只是个感谢
It's just a thank you.
你懂的 为了 为了陪伴我
You know, for, er... for being there.
如果你不在 我都不知道我...
If you hadn't, I don't know if I...
-加斯 我... -琴去她妈妈家了
- Gareth, I... - Jean's gone to her mum's.
我很抱歉听到这个
I'm sorry to hear that.
他们已经逮捕了一个人
And they've arrested a man, you know.
一个摄影师 奇斯克
This photographer, Chiswick.
我听说了
I had heard.
我以前常看见他
I used to see him,
在阿利克斯足球赛上拍照
taking pictures down at Alex's football matches.
我总感觉他像个变♥态♥
I always thought he looked like a pervert.
听着 我知道
Look, I know.
我知道所有人
I know everyone...
都在看我
is looking at me.
但我之前去看他了
But I went in to check on him.
就在我睡觉前
Just before I went to sleep.
我希望...当时能吵醒他
I wish... I wish I'd woken him up.
我希望我...
I wish that I'd...
我想
I think, erm...
我想我们应该
I think we should...
暂时不要见面了
..Ease things off for a while.
我还是会支持你 我...
I'll still be here for you. I...
你一直对我很好 在我孤单的时候
You've been so wonderful for me when I... felt so alone.
只是
It's just...
现在风声太紧了
It's just all too close.
大家都在看
Everyone is watching.
我不希望现在事态变得对你更加不利
I'd hate to think how much worse things could get for you
如果有人发现...
if anybody found...
我觉得我们该再别人发现前断了
I think we should stop this before anything happens.
-你觉得这是我的错吗 -不
- Do you think this is my fault?! - No.
当然不
Of course I don't.
过来看看这个 我觉得你会喜欢
Come have a look at this. I think you'll like this.
你花了多久做这个
How long did it take you to do this?!
八个月的心血
This is eight months' work.
主要就是纸板和泡沫
It's mainly cardboard and Styrofoam.
老兄 你知道你需要什么吗
Mate, you know what you need?
你需要一份工作
You need a job.
我只是开玩笑
I'm just kidding.
但说真的
Honestly, though...
这太棒了
this is amazing.
海伦觉得这是浪费时间
Helen thinks it's just a gigantic waste of time.
你应该放到网上 绝对会火
You should put it online. This would go viral.
不 我只是感觉很做这个令我平静
No. I just find it very calming, you know?
-多数时间我一直在这 -怎么会这样
- I'm in here all day, most days. - How does that go down?
你是个全职爸爸吗
So, what are you, like, a... stay-at-home dad?
-我以前有份好工作 -那很酷
- I used to have a very good job. - That's really cool.
我很讨厌 过得苦不堪言
I mean, I hated it. I was miserable.
但我赚钱 我很擅长 也很成功
But I made money. I was good at it. I was successful.
但海伦想离她妹妹近一些
But Helen wanted to be closer to her sister
然后学校又正好缺一个校长
and there was this big headteacher job at the school.
所以我就考虑休息几个月 离开激烈的职场
So I thought I'd take a few months off, get out of the rat race.
思考我真正想做的事
While I thought about what I really wanted to do.
那是五六年前的事了
That was five or six years ago.
我还是没头绪 还是...苦不堪言
I still have no idea and I'm still... miserable.
我妻子离开后我只是开始健身
I just took up fitness stuff when my wife left.
-对 很遗憾你妻子走了 -没事
- Yeah, I'm sorry about that. - That's all right.
她离开不是因为我胖
She didn't leave me because I was fat,
她离开是因为她不怎么喜欢我
she left me because she didn't like me very much.
所以我♥干♥了这些日子所有没人爱的人干的事
So I just do what all unlikeable people do these days -
我去跑步
I go on runs.
最初我打算进行公路旅行
Originally, I was gonna do a road trip.
前者为美国"垮掉的一代"作家 著名作品《在路上》
像杰克·凯鲁亚克和《布偶大电影》