剧集 | 吉尔莫·德尔·托罗的奇思妙想(2022) | 导航列表
“我画我所见”是画家的金科玉律
"I paint what I see" is a painter's maxim,
为我们描绘出这个世界的错综复杂
and one that reveals to us the many layers of our world.
毕竟美好的事物都有其阴暗面
Because behind everything beautiful lies the dark.
美与不美 全在观者 那可怕的画面又该怎么定义呢?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but what about the horror?
我们将视觉感应到的画面 归结于狂热的想象力
We ascribe these visions to a feverish imagination.
灵光乍现 或是没来由的念头
A whim, a folly.
但如果源头不是这些呢?
But what if they are not?
如果源头来自一个文献
What if they are a careful record,
一个警戒
a warning,
或是来自一本家族画册呢?
or a family album?
今晚要讲的故事叫《皮克曼的模特》
Our tale tonight is "Pickman's Model,"
导演是基思·托马斯
and its director, Keith Thomas.
皮克曼的模特
1909年 马萨诸塞州 阿卡姆市
我的脖子还要撑多久?
How much longer must I keep my neck like this?
欲臻完美 就不能急于求成
You can't rush perfection.
你可不希望我把你的胸部 画得一边大一边小吧?
And you wouldn't wanna end up with one hill bigger than the other.
你敢?
You wouldn't dare.
你今早不是让女佣休息了?
Thought you gave the girl the morning off.
蕾贝卡
Rebecca?
你敢?
Don't you dare.
蕾贝卡 你在哪里?
Rebecca, where are you?
我在楼上 爸爸
Up here, Papa!
改编自 H·P·洛夫克拉夫特的短篇小说
瑟伯
Thurber, Thurber.
好在你来了 赶紧救我脱离这两个俗人的侵害
Thank God. Save me from these philistines.
得了吧
Oh, come now.
我们刚才在讨论印象派画家
We were just discussing the Impressionists.
史密斯菲尔德 把保罗·塞尚批得体无完肤
Smithfield here was busy railing against Cézanne.
我只是认为他的作品 没有什么惊艳之处
All I said is I don't see what the fuss is about.
我父亲前两年夏天 在巴黎参观过他的画展
My father saw his exhibition in Paris two summers ago.
他说他的作品都很过时
He said it was rotten.
看到我要面对的俗人了吗?
Do you see what I'm dealing with?
过时?
Rotten?!
米斯卡塔尼克大学 成立于1690年
各位男士 请各就各位 别浪费我的时间
Places, gentlemen. You are on my time now.
开始作画前 我要宣布几个消息
Before we begin, I have some announcements.
今年的艺术生大赛 作品提交截止日期渐渐逼近
The deadline for this year's student art prize approaches.
提醒不了解这项赛事重要性的同学
For those of you unaware of its importance,
评委会评选出的最佳作品
the work judged to be the best by the committee
将放在阿卡姆市艺廊里展出
will be put on display at Arkham Gallery
供评论家和赞助人鉴赏
to be seen by critics and patrons alike.
这是年轻艺术家出人头地的大好机会
This kind of opportunity can be the making of a young artist,
去年的优胜者可以作证
as I am sure last year's winner can attest.
对吧 瑟伯先生?
Mr. Thurber?
你说得对 老师
Quite, sir.
还有一件事
Also,
今天班上来了一位新生
starting today, we have a new addition to our class.
皮克曼先生
Mr. Pickman,
去找个空位坐下吧
if you'll find an empty space.
都准备好了吗?
If you are all ready.
给你们15分钟 计时
Our 15 minutes begins…
马上开始
now.
画出你们所见
Draw what you see.
注意二头肌附近的空白区
Be aware of the empty space near the bicep.
记住 先画好基本形状
Remember your basic shapes.
结构很重要 不要描影
Construct, don't shade.
记住 脖子是有弧度的
Remember, the neck is a limb.
剩下四分钟
Four minutes remaining.
瑟伯先生 我的时间很有限
My time, Mr. Thurber.
还是你已经画好了?
Or have we finished already?
我只是看不出有什么有趣之处
I just fail to see what's so interesting about them.
那是因为你缺乏想象力啊
That's because you lack imagination.
所以你每次打牌都把钱送给瑟伯
It's why Thurber here keeps taking your money at cards.
满堂红
Full house.
说到想象力 你们应该跟那个新生学习
I'd say you fellas could use a little of the new kid's imagination.
新生?
New kid?
皮克曼吗?
Pickman?
那个家伙应该很老了吧
That guy's got to be at least 80 years old.
听说他是富二代
And from what I hear, he's a wet fish.
旧殖民期留下来的遗产
Old New England money.
- 完全看不出来 - 听说他母亲是阿卡姆市人
-Not that you'd be able to tell. -I heard his mother's from Arkham.
听一个朋友说 他母亲在他小时候就自杀惨死了
A friend has it that she died of a grizzly suicide when he was a boy.
他母亲死后不久 他父亲也疯了
His father went mad shortly after.
好在他家的遗产雄厚
Thanks to his inheritance,
过去十年来 他一直在欧洲各地闲逛
he's been rambling around Europe for the past decade.
哇
Well!
以他今天提交的作品为准 他绝对不会在学校里待久的
If his piece today was any indication, he won't make it at Miskatonic.
这堂课的重点是画出我们所见
I mean, the entire point of the class is to draw what you see,
不是画腐烂的肉体
not rotting flesh.
- 也许那就是他眼中所见啊 - 那个家伙确实常到坟场作画
-Perhaps that is what he saw. -The man does draw in the cemetery.
天一暗就来盗墓了?
Early in the evening to be grave-robbing.
你叫皮克曼吧?
It's Pickman, right?
叫我李察
Richard.
好吧
Well,
就叫你"小李"好了
Dickie…
在画什么?
what do you have there?
应该是被老鼠啃的
I think the rats got to her.
确实是被什么东西啃了
Well, something certainly did.
你经常做这种事吗?
So do you do this kind of thing a lot?
趁夜深人静时潜入坟场
Haunt cemeteries in the dead of night?
因为你的想象力简直…
'Cause your imagination is…
我看到了 你在博斯沃思的课堂上画的画
I saw the piece you did in Bosworth's class.
你很出色
You're very good.
他可能不是这么想的
Well, I'm not sure he'd agree.
能让博斯沃思为学生留步的
If there's one thing Bosworth can't abide in his students,
只有才华
it's talent.
他似乎很喜欢你的作品
He seems to like your work.
打算参加艺术生大赛吗?
You thinking about entering the art prize?
你应该参加的 那是…
You, uh… You really should. It's, uh…
大好机会
quite the opportunity.
我对得奖不怎么感兴趣
Oh, I'm not very interested in prizes.
那你对什么感兴趣 小李?
Then what are you interested in, Dickie?
这些作品都…
These are…
充满张力
powerful.
黑暗、丑陋
The darkness, the ugliness,
腐♥败♥
the corruption.
生命和痛苦是一体的
Suffering is living.
我们不能让同情心
We cannot let sympathy
或是利他心理
or altruism
阻碍我们寻找这个世界的真理
shield us from finding the truths of this world.
那你说说看嘛
Oh, come on now.
别隐瞒起来
Don't keep it a secret.
要到哪里寻找这些
Where does one find these, uh,
无从捉摸的真理?
elusive truths?
恐惧所在的地方
Where fear lives.
你还是跟平常一样姗姗来迟
Ah, I see you're tardy as usual.
怎么?不打算提交作品吗?
What, you're not submitting?
我决定把发光发热的机会让给你们
I decided to give the rest of you guys a chance to impress.
- 竞争如何?- 竞争当然激烈
-So how goes it? -Oh, brutally of course.
史密斯菲尔德大声宣扬他志在必得
Smithfield is proclaiming he has it in the bag.
- 有没有看到皮克曼?- 他在里面
Any sign of Pickman? -He's in with them now. -
小李?
Dickie?
他们不懂得欣赏我的作品
It's the wrong audience for my work.
真替你感到难过
Sorry.
我开始怀疑这些人 到底有什么本事可以教我们
I'm beginning to doubt these people truly have anything to teach.
我们会办一场…
We have a…
类似仪式的聚会
well, sort of a ritual,
每次受到劣评后 我和几个同学都会办一场聚会
me and some of the others, after a brutal critique.
开心一下
A little… fun.
欢迎你来
-Would you… -You should join us.
想不想看我的其他画作?
剧集 | 吉尔莫·德尔·托罗的奇思妙想(2022) | 导航列表