剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表
我没有收到
No, I didn't.
我只能认为她姐姐不喜欢我的提议
I can only conclude her sister didn't like my advice.
天哪
Oh, dear.
真抱歉
Oh, I'm sorry.
你想跳舞吗
Do you want to dance?
和谁跳
With who?
和我
With me.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
你喜欢当母亲吗
Do you like being a mother?
喜欢 当然
Yes, of course.
不 我是说真的
No, I mean, really.
很辛苦
It's hard work,
而且很多时候 你觉得自己的思考力
and you do feel as though you've had your brain
从你的子♥宫♥里...被吸出去了 但...
sucked out through your... uterus now and again, but...
没有他们我也活不下去
oh, I wouldn't be without them.
我一直在想...
I keep wondering...
我是不是应该接受亚历山大·麦肯齐爵士
whether I should accept Sir Alexander Mackenzie.
为什么这么说
Why are you saying that?
大家不就想让我这样吗
Well, because isn't it what everyone wants?
是啊 但是你想要什么呢
Yes, but what do you want?
我得不到我想要的 那么...
I can't have what I want, so...
你想要什么
What do you want?
融入大家 不惹人讨厌
To fit in, not be a nuisance.
不 不是 说的不是这个
No, no, that isn't what you meant.
你想要什么
What do you want?
安
Ann?
我觉得你不应该嫁给他
Well, I don't think you should marry him.
为什么
Why?
因为他金玉其外
Because he isn't all that he seems.
什么
What?
他是个穷鬼
He's penniless.
他脾气不好
He was thrown out of the army
因为不服从长官 被赶出了军队
for insubordination because he has a temper,
不说长相
despite appearances,
还有他的爵位...
and his title...
是自己买♥♥的 毫无意义
he paid for it. It's meaningless.
乔治... 索瑟兰上尉催他向你求婚
George... Captain Sutherland pushes his suit
只是因为索瑟兰上尉要对他负责
only because he's his responsibility.
可是你默许了
But you've gone along with it.
因为我从没想过你会答应
Only because I never once thought you'd agree to it.
我不想让你嫁给他
Oh, I don't want you to marry him.
我很高兴 你为了我
I'm glad you've gone along with it,
和他们一起吃晚餐等等
the dinner parties and so on, for my sake,
但是别嫁给他 安
but don't marry him, Ann.
他这个人无可救药 不负责任
He's hopeless, feckless,
我不会让你被人利用 去帮别人还债
and I won't have you used to mop up someone's debts.
你能找到更好的
You're better than that.
我能吗
Am I, though?
我这么可笑的活着
Would it not at least give some point,
嫁给他也至少会有些意义吧
some purpose, to my ridiculous existence?
我可能不会生孩子
Might I not have children,
如果他也并非良配 那说不定...
and if he's such a misfit, too, could we not find some...
我们俩可以一起过着古怪的生活
odd kind of life together?
至少我会离你近点
And at least I'd be near you.
但如果我回家 那里...一无所有
If I go home, there's... nothing.
利斯特小姐
Miss Lister.
她写过信
She did write.
什么时候
When? What?
六个星期前 从巴黎
From Paris, six weeks ago.
六...你怎么不早告诉我
Si...why didn't you tell me?
因为...因为我不能告诉你
Because it was...it was impossible.
我给她回过信
I'd written to her.
我是通过你悬崖山的安姑妈寄的
I sent it via your Aunt Ann at Cliffhill,
她请求利斯特小姐在希布登的姑妈
and she asked Miss Lister's aunt at Shibden
转寄到巴黎给她
to forward it to her in Paris.
我没有告诉她发生了什么
I didn't tell her what happened.
我只是说你不见好转
I just said that you seemed no better
你一直说 这世上除了她
and you kept saying there was no one in the world
你不愿意受任何人的影响
you'd rather be influenced by than her,
所以我写信向她请教
so I wrote, and I asked her advice,
然后她回信了
and she wrote back,
马上就回信了 从巴黎那么远寄过来都没几天
straight away, within days, all the way from Paris.
写了三页半
It was 3 1/2 pages
满满都是合理的建议和关切之情
full of sound advice and such affection.
你怎么不告诉我
Oh, why didn't you tell me?
因为都是要你再去约克见贝尔科姆医生
Because it was all about seeing Dr. Belcombe again in York,
索瑟兰上尉不想带你去那么远
and Captain Sutherland didn't want her to take you all that way,
我又因为要照顾孩子们 走不开
and I couldn't because of the children,
我很担心 安
and I was worried, Ann.
我担心你知道了只会更想家
I was worried that it would only make you homesick,
那样只会带来更多问题
and that it would cause more problems than it solved.
她还说什么了
Well, what else did she say?
我能看看吗 信在哪
Can I see it? Where is it?
我觉得你应该回家
I think you should go home.
你得离开这里
You need to get away from here.
我不想你被人欺负
I don't want you to be bullied
哄骗你嫁给那些
and cajoled into thinking you should marry someone
-根本不适合你的人 -信在哪
- who isn't right for you. - Where is it?
你至少回信感谢她了吧...
Did you at least write back, to thank her...
-没有 -为什么
- No. - Why?
我做不到
I couldn't.
她给了我在哥本哈根的转寄地址
She gave a forwarding address in Copenhagen,
我也确实写了回信感谢她
and I did write a reply to thank her,
但是当我打算写地址时
but when I went to find the letter
她的地址不见了
to address the envelope, it had gone.
不见了 怎么会
Gone? How?
他打算把你困在这里 直到你嫁给亚历山大
He's going to keep you here until you marry Alexander.
你是说他毁了那封信
You mean he destroyed the letter?
我就没想过你会同意嫁给他
Oh, I never thought you'd agree to marry him.
我以为你会一如既往 坚持到底
I assumed you'd dig your heels in, like always.
利斯特小姐会觉得你们无视了她
Miss Lister will think that you've ignored her.
你得回家
You need to go home
你要从她姑妈那里
and you need to get her forwarding address
问到她在哥本哈根的地址
in Copenhagen from her aunt.
我知道你一直都喜欢她
I know you've always liked her,
显然她也喜欢你
and she obviously likes you.
我从未见过比这更情深意切的信
I've never seen a more affectionate letter.
有时候
Sometimes,
往往 真正的友谊胜过婚姻
often, a good friendship's better than a marriage.
我怎么回家
Oh, how can I get home?
我没有马车
I've no carriage.
我很清楚
It is clear to me
在我父亲的财产全都进了他家腰包以前
that Captain Sutherland will not be satisfied
索瑟兰上尉是不会满足的
until all my father's property is in his family,
即使这意味着
even if that means
我得嫁给一个
me marrying a relative
他明知身无分文的流氓亲戚
who he knows to be a penniless rogue.
送她到那里是为了让她恢复健康
She was sent there to improve her health!
不是这个人想占她便宜
If it's not one person taking advantage of her,
就是另一个
it's another.
你能过去看看吗 威廉
Can you get up there, William?
我们得仔细计划
It would have to be very carefully planned
想清楚再行动
and managed.
索瑟兰上尉应该脾气也不小
I imagine Captain Sutherland has a temper,
而且就像安说的
and as Ann says,
伊丽莎白因为自己的原因 也不能牵连其中
Elizabeth can't be implicated for her own sake.
你最快什么时候能过去
Well, how soon can you go?
这周不行
Well, not this week.
下周也不行
Or next week.
但也许下下周可以
But perhaps the week after that,
剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表