剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表
If he can play dirtily, then so can I.
待着
Stay.
她吃狗 这个疯女人
She eats dogs, this one.
好吧 她在哪
All right, where is she?
她在...先生
She's, uh--sir.
不好意思 稍等 罗森先生
Excuse me. Excuse-- Mr. Rawson.
安妮
Well, Anne.
你好
Oh, hello.
你真是玩的好手段啊
That was a nice trick you played,
跑去见我的母亲
going to see my mother
跟她讲那些我的谎言
and telling her all those lies about me.
跟你找流氓想要把我打死相比
Mm, nearly as nice a trick as you getting that thug
只能说是不相上下吧 但你瞧瞧
to try and beat the living daylights out of me, but hey-ho.
不知道你在讲些什么
Don't know what you're talking about.
而且也没成功
It didn't work, by the way.
他捂着子孙袋一瘸一拐地跑了
He ran off limping, clutching the old family jewels.
我觉得他最后是在哭
I think he was crying in the end.
我觉得也许
Might be an idea
你下次可以多雇几个人
for you to employ more than one of them next time,
三四个人差不多
perhaps three or four.
你想喝马德拉白葡萄酒吗
Would you like a glass of Madeira?
来一小杯吧
Perhaps a small one.
我不喝
Not for me.
为什么你告诉玛丽安 手上有希布登庄园的地契
Why did you tell Marian that you held the deeds to Shibden?
安妮
Oh, Anne.
你让她很惊恐 惹她不高兴
You alarmed her. You upset her.
你随便怎么跟我斗都行
I'm fair game.
你想试试我的胆量 我随时奉陪
You can try the mettle I'm made of any time you like.
尽管放马过来
Feel free,
但不许羞辱我妹妹
but do not humiliate my sister.
她是个...你是...
Oh, she's a great-- you're a--
她是个大笨蛋
she's a great thick-head.
我当时只是在逗她
I was only teasing her.
没想到她当真了
I didn't think she'd take it seriously.
她很尴尬 也很生气
She was embarrassed. She was angry.
而我
Whereas I, on the other hand,
只想知道你那么说的原因
was only intrigued as to why it was said.
当然 我也想知道你为什么
Yes, as was I by the rubbish
对我母亲说那些废话
you told my mother, who seems to labor
而她似乎误以为你说的每个字
under the delusion that everything that comes out
都是真理
of your mouth is gospel.
她喜欢我
She likes me.
她一直都很喜欢我
She always has done.
我从来没有对你妈妈撒过谎
I didn't tell your mother anything that isn't true.
你对我妈妈从来没说过真话
Nothing you told my mother is true.
你让我妹妹在一大群人面前出丑
You humiliated my sister in front of a number of people,
当着索尔特马什夫妇的面
the Saltmarshes,
当着你银行里所有的职员的面
all of your staff at the bank,
你还想在没人的地方揍我一顿
you tried to have me beaten up in the middle of nowhere,
而且有人看见哈德卡斯尔家小孩出事故那天
and you were seen driving that gig
就是你驾着马车肇事的
when the Hardcastle boy lost his leg.
我今天就是为这些事而来
And this is why I'm here.
如果你继续向我母亲或任何其他人
If you continue to make these allegations
控诉这些事的话
to my mother or to anyone else,
先想想后果
there will be repercussions.
然后你又提出和玛丽安结婚
And then, you offer to marry Marian,
但只是为了我的煤矿
but only to get your hands on my coal.
你还记得自己说过的话吗
Do you remember saying that?
模模糊糊
Vaguely.
模模糊糊
Vaguely. Hmm.
我突然想到 罗森先生
It strikes me, Mr. Rawson--
当玛丽安告诉我的时候 我突然意识到
it struck me when Marian told me--
尽管你在威力山矿井
that despite that underhanded stunt
动用了一些拙劣的手段
you pulled up at Willy Hill pit--
我让他们填矿井 那个矿已经枯竭了
Oh, I was calling the pit in. It's exhausted.
这没什么拙劣的
There's nothing underhanded about that--
尽管如此
Despite that,
你还想知道我的身家
you're still anxious about how much I'm worth,
还有我接下来的计划
and what I might do next.
-你是这么想的吗 -是 然后我意识到
- Oh, do you think? - Mm, and then I realized--
你说得真好 不 是真好笑
Oh, that's very good. No, that's very funny.
继续说
Keep talking.
然后我意识到你还忧心忡忡
And then I realized the reason you're still anxious
夸夸其谈 并且想知道更多事情
and mouthing off and wanting to know so much
肯定是因为你还在
must be because you are still, still,
偷我的煤
stealing my coal.
我已经竭尽全力
Now, then, I have bent over backwards
避免这样直截了当地控告你
to avoid accusing you of this outright,
因为我觉得这样做有损你的尊严
because I considered it beneath your dignity,
对我来说也是
as well as my own.
我原本希望我们能达成协议
I had hoped we could come to an arrangement
你能付给我合理的价钱...
whereby you would pay me for it fairly--
小姐 你开的价 太可笑了
Your price, madam, was ridiculous.
我开的价反映出你偷了我多少矿
My price reflected what you had stolen.
给你个台阶下 让你的非法行为
It offered you the opportunity to make legal
合法化
your illegal trespass,
但你却选择继续否认
but you elected instead to continue to deny it
继续从我手里偷煤
and to continue to steal my coal from under me.
承认吧 罗森先生
Own it, Mr. Rawson.
承认 然后我们公平交易
Own it, and let us do a fair deal.
安妮 利斯特小姐 叫什么无所谓...
Anne--Miss Lister, whatever...
我现在没有 以前没有
I am not, nor have I ever,
未来也不会偷你的煤
nor would I steal your coal.
欣斯克利夫的人听到
Your men were heard
你的手下在我的上层矿井偷煤
in my upper bed by Hinscliffe's men.
男人在你的床[矿井]上 真新鲜
Oh, men in your bed. Well, there's a novelty.
我猜 你也知道欣斯克利夫会这么说
I suppose it's occurred to you that Hinscliffe would say that
因为这正中你下怀
because he knows it's what you want to hear.
请自便
Help yourself.
你说模模糊糊地记得那天和玛丽安
You said you vaguely remember saying that
说过这件事
to Marian the other day,
那你是承认那件事的确发生过了
so you are owning that that happened.
是 模模糊糊
Yes, vaguely.
模模糊糊
Vaguely?
模模糊糊 是的
Vaguely, yes.
你当时喝多了吗
Were you drunk?
那是四天前早上十点的事
It was four days ago and 10:00 in the morning.
你不应该记不清了
That shouldn't be a vague memory.
而是应该记得清清楚楚
That should be a crystal clear one.
我在开玩笑
I was being funny.
我当然记得了
Course I remember it.
我们以为你当时是喝多了
Well, we think you were drunk,
而且也许你驾着马车撞断亨利·哈德卡斯尔的腿时
and perhaps you were drunk when you were driving that gig
也是喝多了
when Henry Hardcastle lost his leg,
一周后 你就把那辆马车
the same gig that you sent back to the manufacturer
退回给利物浦的制♥造♥商
a week later in Liverpool,
理由是你突然不喜欢它了
because you suddenly decided you didn't like it,
而且 也许你出钱
and perhaps you were drunk
让马克·罗宾逊揍我一顿的时候 也是喝多了吧
when you paid Mark Robinson to beat me up.
是 我把他揪出来了
Mm, I bothered to find out who he is.
喝醉酒不能为你这任何一件事开脱
And being drunk doesn't excuse any of these things.
也绝对不是你撞断一个七岁小孩的腿的借口
It certainly doesn't excuse a seven-year-old boy losing his leg,
但确实能解释这些事为什么会发生
but it does explain them.
但当你接连不断 日复一日
But when you systematically, day after day,
周复一周 月复一月
week after week, month after month,
年复一年地偷我的煤
year after year, steal my coal,
肯定不是你喝多了
that is not drunk.
那可不是在麻木时刻做出的鲁莽决定
That is not the rogue decision of a stupefied moment.
是你和你弟弟做出的
That is a very definite decision
非常明确的偷窃决定
between you and your brother to steal.
小姐 我没偷你的煤
剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表