剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表
再有就是我要他们知道
and I want them to know that I'm not someone
我可不是那种能睁只眼闭只眼或者任人宰割的人
who will turn a blind eye or be intimidated,
只要我能 我必会亲自下到矿井去
and as soon as I can, I shall get down there myself
好好收拾他们
and deal with them properly,
但这要花很多时间
but that's going to take time.
克里斯托弗·罗森是个恶霸也是投机分子
Christopher Rawson is a bully and an opportunist.
他绝不是什么正人君子
He's certainly no gentleman.
他们从你的矿偷煤 这我一点都不意外
Doesn't surprise me they've been stealing from your beds.
杰里迈亚就正直多了 如果他能自己做决定的话
Oh, Jeremiah's decent enough, left to his own devices,
问题是他忌惮克里斯托弗
but he's terrified of Christopher.
非得找个和他旗鼓相当的人 那就是你了
If anyone's equal to him, it's you.
但是 他会使阴招
But, uh, he will play dirty.
据说庄园里有个小男孩摔断了腿
Word has it that he caused the accident above the hall
这个意外就是因为他
where the boy lost his leg.
五周前 他买♥♥了辆新的二轮马车
Five weeks ago, he had a new gig,
然后他突然又不喜欢了
and then he decided very suddenly that he didn't like it anymore,
就把它退回给利物浦的制♥造♥商了
sent it back to the manufacturer in Liverpool.
没有证人吗
No witnesses?
没有肯出来作证的
None that will testify.
可惜 把马车退回给制♥造♥商这种事
Sadly, sending a gig back to the manufacturer
算不上是证据
isn't really proof of very much.
是啊
No.
对了 还有件事
Oh, and another thing,
跟克里斯托弗·罗森无关
nothing to do with Christopher Rawson--
至少据我所知无关
not that I know of.
我听说有一个佃户失踪了
I've heard a tenant disappeared.
撇下了他的家人
He's left his family behind.
他叫塞缪尔·索登 住在北索撒尔农场
Samuel Sowden, over at Upper Southolm Farm.
我得知道该怎么处理租约
I need to know what to do about the tenancy.
小姐 有您的信 沃克小姐的仆人刚送来的
快 动作快点
利斯特小姐
Miss Lister.
-她在... -不 小姐 她在藏书室
- Is she-- - No, ma'am. She's in the library.
发生什么事了
What's the matter?
我尽快赶过来了
I came as quickly as I could.
我
I...
我收到了
I've had a letter from...
安斯沃思先生寄来的信
Mr. Ainsworth.
然后呢
And?
信里记叙了安斯沃思太太生前的最后一日
An account of Mrs. Ainsworth's last day
她对穷♥人♥有多好
and how kind she was to some poor people,
还有
and then...
那场意外
the accident.
我觉得他想娶我
I think he wants to marry me,
我觉得他想跟我求婚
and I think he wants to propose to me.
我能看看吗
Can I see it?
-看什么 -那封信
- What? - The letter.
不行
Oh, no.
你"觉得"他想跟你求婚
What do you mean, you think
是什么意思
he's going to propose to you?
他的意图很明确了
The intention's clear.
我都不能看一下吗
Can I not see it?
信上标了是私人信件
It's marked private.
我又不会告诉他
Well, I won't tell him.
他的动作倒是快
Well, he's quick off the mark,
他妻子都还没下葬呢
with his wife not yet buried.
求婚
An offer of marriage-- it's not something
这可不是儿戏
to be sniffed at or treated lightly,
助理牧师 他可是上帝的使者啊
and a curate too, a man of God!
女人还能奢求什么呢
What more could any woman want?
-你生气了 -我有吗
- You're cross. - Am I?
我不想...不想嫁给他
I don't-- I don't want to marry him.
我想跟你在一起
I want to be with you.
那你就...
Well, then...
不 这是
No, it's...
求婚
An offer of marriage
不是什么小事
isn't something to be sneezed at.
显然
And obviously,
这需要再三考虑
it needs some consideration.
牧师的妻子
A clergyman's wife.
谁知道呢 也许怀胎十月后
And who knows? A mother...
成为一名母亲
in the fullness of time
也许有一天还会成为祖母
and then maybe one day a grandmother,
到那时 你作为女性
and then you really would have fulfilled
在这世上的使命也就真正完成了
your destiny on this planet as a woman.
我
I...
我已经深深地爱上你了
I've been so in love with you.
一直都是
I always have been,
自从18岁那年第一眼见到你
ever since the first time I saw you
不 比那更早
when I was 18--younger!
第一次见到你 那时我才14岁
I think the first time I ever saw you, I was 14,
我就感受到了 我感受到了
and then I knew then. I just--I knew, and...
现在这种感觉无比清晰
It's just utterly clear to me now.
每当我想到这份感情
So often, whenever I've thought of it,
我就对和男人产生关系
I've just felt a repugnance
感到非常反感
towards forming any sort of connection with a man,
但我
but I...
她比他年纪大很多
She was a lot older than him.
你说什么
Sorry?
安斯沃思太太 她...
Mrs. Ainsworth, she...
她比她先生大15岁
she was 15 years older than him, and...
偶尔 她会开玩笑
Once or twice, she would joke--
至少我以前一直以为是玩笑
at least I always thought it was a joke--
她说她会先走一步 然后...
that she would die first, and then...
谁来照顾托马斯
who would look after Thomas?
她总说 "只能是你了 安妮"
And she'd say, "It'll have to be you, Annie."
你为什么不让我看那封信
Why won't you let me see the letter?
因为
Because...
什么
What?
我说过 标了是私人信件
I told you, it's marked private.
安妮
Anne?
你必须做决定
You're going to have to make a decision.
显然还有其他你无法或不愿告诉我的隐情
There's clearly more to it than you're able or willing to tell me.
我猜 他跟我一样
So he will require an answer,
向你求婚后 都想要你的答复
I assume, as much as I do to this alleged proposal.
不 他其实还没开口
No, he hasn't actually asked me yet.
是的
No,
但是出于某些原因 会有这种可能
but for some reason, it would appear to be on the cards,
酝酿好答复 这样比较合适
and it would be good to have an answer ready,
所以...
so...
今天是周五
Ah, today's Friday.
我建议你周末好好考虑一下
I propose you have the weekend to think it over, and...
不要等到4月3号♥再给我答案
instead of giving me your yes or no on the 3rd of April,
我希望你周一一早就告诉我
I'd like it first thing Monday morning,
然后我们就知道未来该怎么办了
and then we both of us know what we're doing.
短短两天 我做不了这种重大决定
I can't make such a big decision so quickly!
你觉得我应该嫁给他吗
Do you think I should marry him?
那...
That...
那种事只能由你来做决定
Only you can decide something like that.
大多数人
Most people
都觉得我这个年纪
would think I'd be foolish
不嫁是傻子 是吧
not to at my age, wouldn't they?
是的
Yes.
他们会这么想
Yes, they would.
婚后我们还能见面吗
Would we still see each other?
不行
No.
你要是接受他 就得放弃我
I think if you take him, you'd have to give me up.
不是当朋友 是像现在这样 安妮
No, but not as friends. Only as this, Anne.
我们这样还怎么做回普通朋友
How could we go back to common friendship now?
不行
No.
你必须得好好想想
You must think it through carefully,
剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表