前情提要
-破败的小地方希布登 -她回来了
- Shabby little Shibden. - She's here.
-她到了吗 -还有我破败的小家
- Is she here? - And my shabby little family.
你应该
You should marry...
-嫁给男人 -别傻了
- ..a man. - Don't be absurd.
我渴望和我爱的人携手一生
I thoroughly intend to live with someone I love.
沃克小姐 我听说了不少关于你的事
Miss Walker. I've heard so much about you.
你把我的侄女迷得神魂颠倒
It appears you have my niece quite under your spell,
利斯特小姐
Miss Lister.
什么 你这是在玩火
What?! You're playing with fire.
我不能再这样下去了 这是错的
I can't do this any more. It's wrong!
那是什么
What is that?
她会完全康复的
I believe she can make a full recovery,
只要她能得到适当的帮助
given the right sort of help.
-你对煤炭了解多少 -我知道您有很多
- What do you know about coal? - I know you've a lot of it.
她觉得你们在偷她的煤
She thinks you're stealing her coal.
我觉得罗森先生他把我看扁了
I think he underestimated me, Mr Rawson,
就因为我是女人
with me being the gentler sex.
本叔叔来了
Uncle Ben's here.
你父亲在吗
Is your father in?
-他去美国了 -美国
- He-he went to America. - America?
-你真的想搬去希布登庄园和我同住吗 -是的
- So you do want to come and live with me at Shibden? - Yes,
等查尔斯去世后
when Charles dies.
那我应该怎么做 又干等吗
And what am I supposed to do? Just wait, yet again?
我爱你 安妮
I love you, Anne.
我们可否一起生活
Might we not live together?
一起建立个家 成为伴侣
Set up home together, as companions?
那就像结婚一样
It'd be like a...marriage!
一样美好 甚至会更好
Quite as good, or better.
四周后
原来你在
Ah, there you are.
很好
Good.
夫人
Ma'am.
利斯特小姐到了
Miss Lister's at the door.
俗气
Vulgar.
沃克女士
Miss Walker.
-利斯特小姐 -你好吗
- Miss Lister. - How are you?
有何贵干
What do you want?
今天晚些时候我要去约克
I'm going over to York later today and I was wondering
想问问有没有什么需要我带过去的
if there was anything you'd like me to take over.
-我想要... -带一封信
- What I would like... - A letter?
蛋糕 温馨话语
A cake? A kind message?
我想知道我侄女的确切下落
..is to know exactly where my niece is
以及她何时回到哈利法克斯
and when she's coming back to Halifax.
-我解释过的... -你什么都没解释
- As I've explained... - You have explained nothing.
我已经
As I have explained,
解释过很多次了
on a number of occasions,
沃克小姐迫切想要
Miss Walker is anxious
严格执行贝尔科姆医生的医嘱
to follow Dr. Belcombe's advice to the letter.
暂时离开她熟悉的环境和日常生活
And a temporary separation from her familiar surroundings and routine
是她治疗过程中的必要成分
is considered a necessary part of her treatment.
她已经离开一个多月了
She has been away more than a month.
我们都对她的下落和近况一无所知
None of us know where she is or anything.
这些事情需要时间
These things take time.
她的病情比较棘手
And the delicate nature of her complaint
需要谨慎处理 仅此而已
requires discretion, that's all.
她现在非常好
She's doing very well,
而她不希望 也不需要的
and what she doesn't want, or need,
就是没完没了的评判
is a constant flow of opinion
这会毁掉贝尔科姆医生为她所做的一切
that could undermine everything Dr Belcombe is doing for her,
这就是为什么
which is why, for the moment,
当下正确的做法是让这个可怜的姑娘
it is right for the poor girl to remain quietly,
继续安静地接受医生的治疗
and for some time, under his care.
你断绝了她和家里的联♥系♥
You have cut her off from her family.
你把她和她认识的人都隔离开了
You've isolated her from everyone she knows.
沃克小姐完全是出于自愿待在那里的
Miss Walker is there entirely of her own volition.
我只是协助她完成她自己的规划
I've merely assisted her in the pursuit of her own scheme.
-你 -我对你的侄女非常好
- You... - I have been kindness itself to your niece.
你知不知道你对她行事的方式
Do you understand that the merest hint of your disapproval
流露出哪怕一丁点的不满
for her chosen course of action
都可能破坏现在的成果
could sabotage all of the good that's been done?
与之相反 一句温柔的话语 一阵愉悦的气氛
One kind word, one cheerful sentiment, on the other hand,
都能让她开心不已
would lift her spirits no end.
沃克女士 你知道吗
Did you know, Miss Walker,
沃克小姐在苏格兰的时候
that when Miss Walker was in Scotland,
这件事情也是我几周之前
and this is something I found out myself
刚刚发现的
only a few short weeks ago,
索瑟兰上尉骗走了她一千镑
that Captain Sutherland had £1,000 off her?
把她和他无趣的表弟关在一起还不够
Not content with trying to shackle her to his insipid cousin,
他还说服她从自己财产中拿出了一千镑
he persuaded her to part with £1,000 of her own capital.
他并没有像承诺的那样
She wasn't there to see a doctor,
带她去那里看医生
as Captain Sutherland had promised.
她是被带去利用的
She was there to be sadly used,
所以她现在下定决心
which is why she is now determined...
要立新遗嘱
..to make a new will.
新遗嘱 怎么立
A new will? How?
之前普里斯特利先生是她的遗嘱执行人
Well, Mr. Priestley was her executor
现在她请求我来担任
and now she's asked me to do it -
当然 我也同意了
to which, of course, I've said yes.
她的状态不足以立新遗嘱
She'd never be considered fit to make a new will,
鉴于她的精神...
given her mental...
贝尔科姆医生认为她在这方面完全没问题
Dr Belcombe considers her quite competent enough in the matter.
她为何要和你讨论这些事
Why is she discussing matters like that with you
而不是和她自己的家人
and not with members of her own family?
她喜欢我
She likes me.
此事我有一个目的
I have one aim in this matter,
沃克女士...
Miss Walker, which is...
两个目的
Two aims,
都是公开透明的
both of which are transparent.
一是尽我所能帮助朋友
To serve a friend as well as I can,
二是帮她走上健康幸福之路
and to help her on the high road to good health and happiness.
小姐 你
You, madam,
和这家人交锋就会明白
may find that by crossing swords with this family -
因为不仅仅是我
because it isn't just me,
而是爱德华家 普里斯特利家 罗森家
it's the Edwards, it's the Priestleys, it's the Rawsons -
小姐 你也许会发现
you may yet find, madam,
你会吃不了兜着走
that you have bitten off more than you can chew.
杰克绅士 第二季第一集
早 小姐
How do, ma'am?
早上好
Good morning.
早 小姐
Morning, ma'am.
新马桶 真不错
Ah, the new water closets. Excellent.
阿格斯
Argus.
-早 -早 小姐
- Morning. - Morning, ma'am.
早
Morning.
早 小姐
Morning, ma'am.
帕克先生给你留了一张便条
There's a note for you from Mr. Parker
还有一张矿井那边的霍尔特先生的
and another one from Mr. Holt up at the pit.
-早 早 -他们受不了这些敲打声了
- Morning. Morning. - They're sick of all this banging.
-我们受够这些动静了 -我刚刚说过了
- We're sick of all this banging! - I've just said that.
你们最终会感谢我的 父亲
You'll thank me in the end, Father,
等你们有了不会熏得满屋黑烟的炉火
when you have a fire that doesn't smoke the room out
以及每人自己的马桶就会感谢我了
and your own water closet - each.
-谁 -对
- Who? - Yes.
-华盛顿来了吗 -他在你办公室
- Is Washington here? - He's in your office.
我要跟你说说...
And I need to talk to you about...
科丁利 然后我就得去哈利法克斯了
Cordingley. And then I've got to go into Halifax.
科丁利
Cordingley?
我跟你一起去哈利法克斯 但是你得快点
I'll come with you, into Halifax, if you're quick.
我今晚就得到约克 你什么时候去
I have to be in York this evening. When are you going?
我得赶紧去矿井见见霍尔特
I have to nip up to the pit to see Holt.
我十分钟后在旧坡顶上跟你碰面