剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表
even if they have to pay for it fairly.
你发现了吗
And, do you see,
巧妙的谈判
that if this was negotiated skillfully,
是提高价格的一种方式
it'd be a way of upping the price.
所以他们最终会为偷走的东西付钱
So they'd end up paying for what they've already stolen.
我想要一份罗森兄弟的费用明细表
I'd like a breakdown of the Rawsons' costs.
他们一英亩能采到多少煤
How much coal they get from an acre
在哈利法克斯他们的煤能卖♥♥多少钱
and how much they can sell it for in Halifax.
帮我算一下吧
Can you do that for me?
罗森先生
Mr. Rawson.
威利
Welly.
下午好
Afternoon.
今天没坐那辆二轮马车吗 先生
Not in the gig again today, sir?
没有 如你所见 以后再也不会坐了
No, not, as you see, nor any other day.
我已经通过运河把它送回利物浦的制♥造♥商了
I've sent it back to the manufacturer in Liverpool per canal.
噪音太大了 就像魔鬼抓着它使劲摇晃
It rattled and shook like the devil had a hold of it.
-那玩意就是个死亡陷阱 -天呐
- The thing was a death trap. - Oh, dear.
而且价格过高
And overpriced.
先生 你刚得到它时对它评价很高
And you spoke so highly of it just after you got it, sir.
谁说的 我没有
No, I didn't.
先生 你弟弟来了
Your brother's here, sir.
下午好 克里斯托弗
Afternoon, Christopher.
杰里迈亚
Jeremiah.
-你好吗 -很忙
- How are you? - Busy.
我长话短说 可以吗
I'll be brief. Can I?
怎么了
What's up?
你还好吧
You all right?
你找我有什么事
What can I do for you?
利斯特小姐回来了
Miss Lister is back.
你已经知道了吗
Did you know?
她两周前就来过 来存她的租金
She was in here two weeks since, depositing her rents.
亲自收的租金
Collected her own rents.
她还从维布塞一路驾马车回来
And she drove the high-flier over from Wibsey,
我听其他人说的
someone was telling me.
但这事也不可能凭空捏造 不是吗
You couldn't invent it, could you?
是的 我听到风声说
Right, well, I've got wind of a rumor that Holt's been
霍尔特代表她去和另一方
talking to another company on her behalf
商讨出租她的煤矿的事宜
over her signing a lease over her coal.
我必须去找她谈谈 克里斯托弗
I need to go and talk to her, Christopher.
我必须能开出更高的价钱争取她
I need to be in a position to offer her more,
价钱无论如何也要比另一方给的高
more than whatever this other one's offering,
如果不这样做 而他们又谈妥了的话
because if I don't, if it's true,
那么不管是谁 只要去到煤矿下面
then whoever it is is gonna go down there
都会发现我们一直在做什么
and find out what we've been doing.
是你一直以来在做什么
What you've been doing.
那是因为是你让我那么做的
Well, only because you told me to!
这件事让我如坐针毡
You know, it's never sat comfortably with me,
甚至在她还没回来的时候
even when she wasn't here and didn't seem
在她还没处理煤的时候我就很不安
to be doing anything with her coal.
我们必须按正规流程走 给她出价
We ought to do the proper thing and make her an offer.
然后我们就可以合法地采矿而且...
And then we can mine the stuff legally and...
把之前越界采矿的事掩盖掉 防止事情意外暴露
cover up any trespass that might have accidentally occurred.
那就是个意外
It was accidental.
一开始的时候 也许是意外
To start with, yes, perhaps.
别让她在价格上牵着你的鼻子走
Don't let her run rings around you over a price.
因为她绝对干得出来
Because she will.
下午好 哈德卡斯尔
Afternoon, Hardcastle.
下午好 利斯特小姐
Oh, good afternoon, Miss Lister.
-托马斯 -利斯特小姐
- Thomas. - Miss Lister.
-是你的吗 -是的
- This yours? - Well, yeah.
您说这辆马车
Oh, cart.
是的 这之前是父亲的 再之前是祖父的
Yeah, it were me father's, and his father before him.
用了好些年看着有些破旧
Seen a fair few years of work,
但我们不断修补它 所以现在也还能用
but we keep fettling it, and it keeps on going.
你另一个儿子怎么样了
And how is your other son?
医生说他会没事的
Doctor said he'll be all right.
但他还是不搭理人
But he's more in himself.
自从受伤以后他就没开口说过话
He's not spoke since it happened.
家里一切还好吗 托马斯
How are things at home, Thomas?
都好 小姐
All right, ma'am.
-你妻子在家吗 -是的 她在
- Your wife in? - Aye, she is.
你好
Hello.
我们在修补马车
We're fettling the cart.
很好
Good.
非常好 你们继续吧
Excellent. You carry on.
艾莉丝 利斯特小姐来了
Alice, Miss Lister.
哈德卡斯尔夫人 你好吗
Mrs. Hardcastle, how are you?
很好
Good.
-生活得还习惯吗 -很好 谢谢
- How are you settling in? - Oh, very well, thank you.
总体来说很好
A-all things considered.
我们非常喜欢这个房♥子
We're--we're very suited with the house.
-这是亨利吗 -是的 小姐
- Is this Henry? - Uh, yes, ma'am.
我听说伤口没有感染
And there's no infection, I'm told.
他 他
He's--he's...
非常走运 他恢复得不错
been very lucky, he's healing very well.
您真是好人 小姐
Very good of you, ma'am.
替我们付了肯尼医生的诊费
To pay for Dr. Kenny.
是我妹妹付了肯尼医生的诊费
It was my sister who paid for Dr. Kenny,
不过也没错 她确实非常善良
but yes, it was very kind of her.
还是不知道驾车的人是谁
Still nothing more about the man in the gig?
小姐 问题就在于没人看到过他
Trouble is, ma'am, nobody saw him.
一定有人看到过的
Someone must have seen something.
我去问过警员了
I went to speak to the constable,
他说没有任何线索的话
and he said without information
我们什么也做不了
we can't do owt.
无凭无据你也不能去找地方法官
You can't go to a magistrate without information.
只有特定一类人才会有钱坐得起那种马车
Only a certain kind of person would have the money
可以按这个思路缩小范围
to drive a gig like that, so that narrows down the field.
有人去和沃克小姐的马夫聊过吗
Has anyone spoken to Miss Walker's groom?
因为那辆马车驶来的时候一定是正对着他的
Because surely if he was facing the gig as it was approaching
要说有谁能看见什么线索 那非他莫属了
he was in the best position to see something.
我还没有 其实我们还没有问过 没有
I don't-- well, we haven't, no.
你觉得怎么样 亨利
What do you think, Henry?
你是男人吗
Are you a man?
好吧 这是个好问题
Well, that's a question.
而你也不是第一个问我这种问题的人
And you are not the first person to ask it.
有一次我在巴黎
I was in Paris once,
打扮得非常漂亮 至少我这么觉得
dressed extremely well, I thought,
穿着真丝的衣服 系着丝带 头发烫着卷
in silk and ribbons, ringlets in my hair.
非常时髦 非常淑女
Very gay, very ladylike.
但即使那样 也会有人把我错当成
And even then, someone mistook me for a...
所以答案是不
So, no,
我不是男人
I am not a man.
我是一位女士 一个女人
I'm a lady. A woman.
我是一个淑女
I'm a lady woman.
我是女人
I'm a woman.
好了 这是谁
Now, who's this?
杰瑞·格林伍德
Jerry Greenwood.
他是约克公爵兵团的一个步兵
He's an infantryman in the Duke of Yorks.
我哥哥曾经在约克和兰卡斯特第84军团
My brother was in the 84th Yorks and Lancs.
他曾是一名掌旗官
He was an ensign.
我教会了他如何瞄准射击
I taught him how to shoot straight,
他教会了我如何用剑作战
and he taught me how to fight with a sword.
十♥八♥年♥前在爱尔兰 他在河里淹死了
He drowned in a river in Ireland 18 years ago.
那时他刚刚二十岁
Just turned 20.
杰瑞十九岁了
Jerry's 19.
很好 那希望他能好好活着
Well, then, let's hope he fares better
不要像我可怜的萨姆那样
than my poor Sam did.
你真地能用剑作战吗
Can you really fight with a sword?
马马虎虎
After a fashion.
我之前从没有用剑作战的必要
剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表