剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表
也和我妻子谈过了 我妻子之前有些不安
has spoken to my wife, who had some misgivings,
但玛丽安已经消解了她的不安
but she's talked her 'round,
没错 我们祝福你们
and, yes, we'd like to give you our blessing.
-恭喜 -谢谢
- Congratulations. - Thank you.
-谢谢 华盛顿先生 -艾米
- Thank you, Mr. Washington. - Amy!
华盛顿先生同意了
Mr. Washington said yes!
有名望高朋友帮你 真是太棒了
That's the great thing, having friends in high places.
她知道吗 苏珊娜
Uh, does she know? Suzannah?
你告诉她了吗
Have you told her?
还没有 小伙子 我觉得你会想亲口告诉她
No, lad, I thought you might like to do that.
她今天下午在莱特克里夫
Uh, she's been helping out at Mrs. Priestley's day school
普里斯特利夫人的私立日校帮忙
in Lightcliffe this afternoon,
你或许能在她回家的路上碰见她
so you'll probably catch her on her way home,
要是你现在就出发的话
if you set off.
还没有萨姆的消息吗
Nothing about Sam, I take it?
没有
No.
不过我们收到了一张
Oh, except we did have a note
他在迪斯伯里的哥哥本寄来的便条
from his brother, Ben, in Dewsbury.
跟我们想的差不多
Yeah, much as we thought,
他在利物浦出发
he'd taken himself off to Liverpool,
坐船到美国 然后再也不想
then sailed to America, and not wanting anything
跟我们有任何瓜葛
to do with any of us ever again.
迪斯伯里
Dewsbury?
从迪斯伯里去利物浦绕那么远
Well, I suppose only Sam would be blown enough
萨姆真是醉得可以
to set off for Liverpool via Dewsbury.
那张便条还在吗
Have you got the note?
那可是好几周前的事了
Oh, this is some weeks since.
可能不知哪个小孩在上面乱涂乱画
One of the little ones will have scribbled on it
或者用它点火了
or lit fire with it.
那重要吗
Anyway, what does it matter?
他不在 全家谁也没过得更差
There's none of us worse off without him.
真奇怪
It's curious.
什么奇怪
What is?
我们到伦敦之后 你一次都没提起你的沃克小姐
You haven't mentioned your Miss Walker once since we got here,
可你在利明顿的时候还为她伤心
and you were so upset about her in Leamington.
要是伦敦都不能让人分心
If one can't distract oneself in London--
约翰逊医生说什么来着
What is it Dr. Johnson said?
"厌倦了伦敦就等于厌倦了生活"
"When you're tired of London, you're tired of life."
-这些人有什么特别的 -玛丽安娜
- What is it about these people? - Mariana...
你最终是想通过她们获得什么
What do you think you'll get from them, ultimately?
她们是我在巴黎时结交的好友
These are friendships I cultivated when I was in Paris.
我不想忽视她们 我喜欢她们
I'm not going to neglect them. I enjoy them.
她们很有趣 她们是好人
They're interesting people. They're good people.
她们接触世界
They're people who engage with the world.
你为什么会对此不满
Why do you resent it?
不知道她们想从你那儿得到什么
I wonder what they get from you.
你大概会逗她们开心吧
I suppose you amuse them.
希望如此 希望我逗得所有朋友都开心
I hope so. I hope I amuse all my friends.
你担心过 她们只是把你当成
Do you ever worry that they just see you
某个特立独行的人
as some sort of novelty act--
聪明的宫廷小丑
you know, a clever court jester,
博人一笑的怪胎吗
an entertaining freak?
我怀疑你是故意挑伤人的字眼说
I suspect you're saying that to be hurtful,
我们来谈谈你为什么想伤人
and we can discuss why you want to be hurtful,
因为你所说的话
because really, your comments say more
更多的是反映了你自己
about you and your frustration,
你的沮丧 你的愤怒 你在这世上缺乏地位
your anger at your lack of place in the world,
而不是形容我
than they do about me.
很有趣
It's interesting,
而且你可能不喜欢我接下来的话
and possibly something you don't appreciate,
但一个人的社会地位越高
but the higher up in society one gravitates,
他的独特性
the more one's singularities
就越发显得没那么重要
don't seem to matter quite so much,
他就越因独特而受人赏识
the more one is appreciated for being different,
而不是遭人诋毁
rather than vilified for it.
但她们都不是想跟你上♥床♥吧
None of them want to sleep with you, though, do they?
至少你得不到我 退而求其次追求沃克小姐
I suppose you resorted to Miss Walker
是因为她有钱
because she has money, at least.
你这样可不讨喜 玛丽安娜
This isn't attractive, Mariana.
你得知道 正相反
Just so you know, it's quite the opposite:
你这样狭隘又小气
parochial and small-minded.
狭...
Par--
夫人 劳顿先生在楼下
Ma'am, Mr. Lawton's downstairs.
劳顿先生
Mr. Lawton?
要我带他上来吗
Shall I show him up?
当然了
Yes, of course.
那么
So...
这么说来 你终究还是不想跟我
I take it you don't want to come and live with me
一起住在希布登
at Shibden after all.
我从来没把你那个提议当真过
I didn't for a minute think that you were being serious.
我当然是认真的了
Of course I was serious.
但我们到这里之后 我都见不到你的面
And yet, since we've been here, I've barely seen you
因为你一心只顾着
because you've been so taken up
你结交的那些同甘不共苦的朋友
with these fair-weather friends you've cultivated.
我不打扰你和查尔斯了
I'll leave you and Charles to it.
我本来都拒绝了和我"同甘不共苦的朋友"
I had declined an invitation to go to the National Gallery
去国家美术馆
with my "fair-weather friends"
就为了跟你去购物
so I could go out shopping with you.
为了给你另一个朋友买♥♥咖啡壶而购物
Oh, shopping for a coffee pot for your other friend.
但既然你丈夫来了
But seeing as your husband is here,
我就让他陪你好了
I'll leave you to enjoy his company.
小史说得对
Steph was right.
-小史 -关于我们
- Steph? - About us.
已经时过境迁物是人非了
Just too much water has passed under the bridge.
你和我弟弟讲我
You talk to my brother about me?
-有时会 -什么时候说的
- Sometimes. - When was this?
你向他咨♥询♥你那奇怪的小朋友的时候
Oh, when you were consulting him about your funny little friend.
有时候 玛丽安娜
You know, sometimes, Mariana,
我真觉得自己不了解你
I feel like I barely know you.
查尔斯 你还来得及吃早餐
Charles, you're still in time for breakfast.
别让我打扰你们
Oh, don't let me disturb you.
不会 我吃完了 我要出门
No, I've finished. I'm going out.
玛丽安娜可以叫楼下佣人给你泡新的茶
Mariana can send downstairs for fresh tea.
葬礼怎么样 那男孩的母亲怎么样
How was the funeral? How was the mother?
你能想象
Oh, as you might imagine.
我本来想待久一点的 但他母亲
I would have stayed longer, but the mother was surrounded
被一堆女性亲戚包围着
by her sisters and aunts and nieces,
所以我就想过来告诉你们
so I just came to let you know
我来得比计划得早
that I got here sooner than I thought
我在芬顿旅馆租了一套房♥间
and to say that I've hired a set of rooms at Fentons,
就在不远处
just round the corner,
但你可能想和利斯特小姐住在这儿
but you may want to stay here with Miss Lister.
那么
Well,
我不打扰二位了
I'll leave you to it.
别离开我
Don't leave me.
人们当然注意到了
Of course people noticed!
他们也许是注意到了
Well, they may have noticed,
但我觉得这对谁都没有影响
but I shouldn't think it bothered anyone.
那女人刚刚失去了孩子 看在上帝份上
The woman has just lost her child, for heaven's sake!
谁来参加葬礼当然对她有影响
It was her people were bothering about!
本来你跟我一起去比较好
I could've done with you there, in fact!
你怎么跟他们说的
What did you tell them?
我希望你没跟他们说我病了
I hope you didn't tell them I was ill.
小姐
Madame,
我努力了 但就像你说的
就像用头撞墙一样
Like banging your head against a brick wall!
可别 你会伤着自己的
Don't do that. You'll damage yourself.
计划有变
We have a change of plan.
我们要去苏...
We're going to S--
我们要去巴黎
We're going to Paris.
要是我们下午一点出发 那我们
剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表