剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表
Washington and Holt will oversee it,
我们请了曼家的罗伯特 约瑟夫
and we've engaged Robert and Joseph
和约翰来干活
and John Mann to do the work,
但别人都不知道
but nobody else knows about it,
除了他们三个还有手下的人
just them and their men.
我想让这个工程越隐蔽越好
I want this whole operation as covert as it can be.
如果克里斯托弗·罗森
And if Christopher Rawson
一直到我们已经挖下去了还被蒙在鼓里
never finds out about it till we're down there,
就最好不过了
then all the better.
你钱从哪来的
How will you pay for it?
这个已经解决了
It's all taken care of.
预算是很紧
It's tight,
但可以应付 如果计划顺利
but it's manageable, and if all goes to plan,
我们也许能在一年内采到煤
we could be getting the coal within a year.
你不应该留在这里打理吗
Shouldn't you be here to manage it?
我不在这里就是最好的掩护
Me not being here is the perfect cover.
我不在这里 他们就不会发觉我着手这些事
How can I be up to something if I'm not even here?
现在 你可能时不时听到
Now, you might get wind of a few comings and goings
山上一些风言风语
from time to time, up on the hill,
别担心
but don't worry about it.
华盛顿先生知道怎么回事
Washington knows what's going on.
我希望你知道你在做什么
I hope you know what you're doing.
我以前就告诉过你
I've told you before,
煤这一行不好做
it's an unpleasant business, coal.
路上吃的
For the journey.
有一些面包 奶酪 猪舌和苹果
There's some bread and cheese and tongue and apples
还有几瓶啤酒
and a couple of bottles of beer.
不管她穿成怎么样
It doesn't matter what she tries on.
他就是对她不感兴趣 是吧
He just isn't interested in her, is he?
我可能太轻率了
Well, I may have been indiscreet.
我给他讲了个小故事提醒他
I may have told him a cautionary little tale
她以前和那个马夫不检点
about her indiscretion with his predecessor.
上车
In.
驾
Giddy-up.
-不 不行 -求求你了 妈妈
- No, no, no. - Please, Mama.
不行 我们不出去
No, we're not going outside.
我要和安阿姨说话 来吧
I need to talk to Aunt Ann. Come on.
来吧
Come on.
好吧 随你吧
Fine, please yourself.
索瑟兰上尉邀请了他表亲
Captain Sutherland has invited his cousin,
亚历山大·麦肯齐爵士
Sir Alexander Mackenzie--
萨克维尔
Sackville!
萨克维尔 亲爱的 你出去玩
Sackville, darling, please take that outside.
我要和安阿姨说话
I'm trying to talk to Aunt Ann.
好孩子
Good boy.
他邀请了亚历山大·麦肯齐爵士
Yes, he's invited Sir Alexander Mackenzie
还有他母亲下星期过来吃饭
and his mother to us for dinner next week,
星期三
Wednesday.
我知道可能有点尴尬 因为之前的事
Now, I-I know it might be a bit awkward because of before,
但是你不要觉得
but you are not to imagine that there are
我们有什么企图
any hidden intentions behind it,
真的没什么企图
because there aren't.
这只是个...家庭聚会
It's just-- it's a family gathering.
-好吗 -我可能会待在楼上
- All right? - I might stay upstairs.
索瑟兰上尉会不高兴的
Captain Sutherland won't like that.
是啊
Right.
没关系的 对吧 你...
It's all right, isn't it? You'll--
你能应付的
You'll be all right with that.
妈妈
Mama!
给她
Well, give it--
让你妹妹也玩一会
Let your sister have a little turn.
-不行 现在给 -是我的
- No, come on, now. - It's mine!
无所谓 给你妹妹玩
I don't care! Give it to your sister.
蠢货
Imbécile.
-查尔斯 -利斯特小姐
- Charles - Miss Lister
-你不是要走吧 -是的 我是要走
- You're not leaving? - I am afraid I am, yes.
我们收到了一些...消息
We've had some, um, news,
玛丽安娜在里边
but Mariana's through there.
进去吧
Do--do go through.
发生什么事了
What's happened?
谢天谢地你来了
Oh, thank goodness you're here.
我16岁的侄子
Ah, my 16-year-old nephew,
我弟弟的儿子 昨天下午去世了
my younger brother's boy, died yesterday afternoon.
他前一天出了事故
He'd been involved in an accident the day before,
我们在今天早上九点半收到消息
and then we had a note at 9:30 this morning
说他去世了
to say he passed away.
天啊 查尔斯 真的很遗憾
Oh, good Lord. Charles, I am so sorry.
我要回柴郡去...
I'm going back up to Cheshire to--
和家人们在一起
to be with the family.
玛丽安娜不去
Mariana isn't.
是怎么回事
What happened?
那起事故是有人带他和他妹妹一起
He was being shown 'round a factory
参观一家工厂
with his sister,
他的袖子被...
and, uh, his sleeve got...
被碎骨机卷住了
caught in a bone-crushing mill.
手臂从肩部处切断了
The arm was severed at the shoulder.
一定是流血致死
Must have bled to death.
或者是受不了打击
That, or the shock.
我现在得走了
I'll have to set off now.
查尔斯 真的非常遗憾
Charles, I really am very sorry.
请代我向你弟弟和他妻子表示慰问
Give my condolences to your brother and his wife.
不是 只有他弟弟的妻子
Oh, no, it's just the wife.
他弟弟两年前就去世了
His brother passed away two years ago.
天啊
God.
那我也转达你的慰问吧
I'll pass on your condolences, then,
是不是 玛丽安娜
as well, shall I, Mariana?
当然了
Yes, of course.
-利斯特小姐 -查尔斯
- Miss Lister. - Charles.
你没事吧
Are you all right?
他想让我一起回去
He wants me to go with him.
但我们才到这
We've only just got here,
她也不喜欢我... 那孩子的母亲
and she doesn't like me-- the mother.
去了只会尴尬
It'd only be awkward.
我们为此大吵了一架
So we've had a big hoo-ha about that.
不管怎么说 我知道你要来 所以...
Anyway, I knew you were coming, so...
我不知道你和她这么亲密
I had no idea you and her were so close.
我是说 我有点怀疑 但是...
I mean, I suspected something, but...
刚开始 也没有什么
To start with, it was neither here nor there.
只是让我有事可做
It was just something to do.
你知道 因为她刚好在那...
You know, because she was there, and...
而我很孤独
because I was lonely.
我不知道 我...
I don't know, I--
那现在是结束了吗
So i-it's all off now?
都结束了
All off.
弗雷迪 你在哭吗
Freddy, are you crying?
没有
No.
你还在想她 是吗
You're still thinking about her, aren't you?
不是...
It's not--
怎么了
What?
那不是以前那种激♥情♥的爱 但是...
It was never one of my grand passions, but...
她是很有钱吗
Is she very rich?
是的 但是...
Well, yes, but it's--
说来有趣 不是因为钱
funnily enough, it's not that.
也许刚开始是因为钱 但是...
It might have been to start with, but...
那是因为什么
Well, what, then?
我只是真的以为她会答应
I just really thought she'd say yes.
答应什么
Yes?
我向她求婚了
I asked her to marry me,
让她搬到希布登和我一起住
to move in with me at Shibden,
一起宣誓
take the sacrament together.
但是弗雷迪 你和我结婚了
剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表