剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表
杰克绅士
第一季 第八集
[本季终]
如果我和玛丽安娜历尽千帆 真在一起了的话
If Marianna and I ever did get together after all our trials,
这个世界才算并非荒唐透顶
finally, the world might make sense.
《杰克绅士》前情提要
罗森先生 趁我不在的时候偷我的煤
Mr. Rawson, stealing my coal when I'm not here to manage it.
你能为我的贷款担♥保♥吗
Could you secure me a loan?
你有什么可以抵押的
What security could you offer?
希布登的地契
The deeds to Shibden.
我还爱你
I still love you,
比你的沃克小姐更爱你
more than your Miss Walker ever would have done.
那搬过来和我一起住在希布登吧
Then come and live with me at Shibden.
我们以前总是这么说的
That is what we always said.
"等查尔斯去世后"
"When Charles dies!"
那我应该怎么做 又干等吗
So what am I supposed to do, just wait, yet again,
等这种也许永远不会发生的事发生
for this maybe, sometime, never event?
我的表弟和他的母亲
My cousin and his mother
下周三将与我们共进晚餐
are coming to us for dinner next Wednesday.
如果你能一起进餐 就太好了
A great kindness if you would join us.
我绝不嫁给他
I shan't marry him.
我要回家
I want to go home.
那里没人照顾你 安
There's no one there to look after you, Ann.
你做了什么
What have you done?
我不知道
I don't know.
亲爱的姑妈
My dear Aunt.
上帝再一次朝我微笑 照亮了我的前路
Providence has once again bent her gently smiling beams my way.
我拜访圣奥诺雷郊区街的德布克夫人的时候
When I visited Madame de Bourke in the Rue Faubourg Saint Honor
告诉她 我正在犹豫南下还是北上
and told her of my indecision whether to go north or south,
她立刻就恳求我
she wasted no time in begging me
陪同她的外甥女索菲·法蕾尔小姐去哥本哈根
to accompany her niece, a Miss Sophie Ferrall, to Copenhagen.
她是一位24岁的古灵精怪的女孩
The young lady in question is a sensible girl of 24
刚刚拒绝了一位年收入两千镑的俄♥国♥人
who lately turned down a Russian with an income of 2,000 a year,
对此
as a result of which
德布克夫人不知道该拿她怎么办才好
Madame de Bourke barely knew what to do with her,
所以她要把她送回到她姐妹那去
and so she is sending her back to her sister,
就是哥本哈根的布吕歇尔伯爵夫人
the Countess Blucher, in Copenhagen.
他比我大20岁
He was 20 years older than me.
那个俄♥国♥人
The Russian.
我姨妈没告诉你这点吧
She didn't tell you that-- my aunt?
我只会嫁给爱情
I would only ever marry for love,
我这么告诉她时
and I told her this,
她说"索菲 你太天真了"
and she said, "Sophie, you are naive."
你觉得我漂亮吗 利斯特小姐
Do you think I'm pretty, Miss Lister?
我觉得你穿着入时
I think you dress prettily.
是的 那我本人呢
Yes, but me?
我注意到你一直在看我
I've seen you looking at me.
我觉得是你一直在看我
I've seen you looking at me.
你这么与众不同 想不看你都难
Well, you are very unusual to look at.
你是在逃避什么
What are you running away from?
你为什么认为我有所逃避呢
Why do you think I'm running away from something?
一个女人
A woman...
尤其是你这种地位的 独自旅行
of your rank, traveling alone.
本来就很稀奇
It's a curious thing.
是有人伤你的心了吗
Has someone broken your heart?
想象力真丰富
What a vivid imagination.
我觉得我说中了
I think I've touched a nerve.
那么
So?
那男的是谁
Who is he?
女的
She?
我们的行程就这样定了下来
And so our course is set.
我们离开巴黎 取道莫城去埃佩尔内
We left Paris and traveled via Meaux to Epernay.
然后周四 我们穿过卢森堡
Then on Thursday, we passed into Luxembourg,
渡过摩泽尔河 到达普鲁士境内
and then over the Moselle into Prussian territory.
从维特利希开始 我们不得不雇佣四匹马
From Wittlich, we were obliged to hire four horses
带我们翻山越岭
to take us over the mountains
在周日四点十分到达科布伦茨
and arrived in Koblenz on Sunday at 4:10.
在马尔堡 床铺潮湿 我只得裹着大衣入眠
Then at Marburg, I slept in my greatcoat, as the bed was damp.
在卡塞尔 我和法蕾尔小姐乘坐带篷马车
At Kassel, Miss Ferrall and I took a calèche
参观了令人震撼的海格立斯宫
and went to visit the Palace d'Hercule, which was stunning,
不过 瀑布让人很失望
although, hmm, the waterfall was a disappointment.
离开巴黎之前
Just before I left Paris,
我收到了你转寄给我的
I received the letter you forwarded me
因弗内斯索瑟兰太太的信
from Mrs. Sutherland in Inverness.
显然 沃克小姐并没有好转
Apparently, Miss Walker is no better.
就算是有变化 也是更严重了
If anything, she sounds worse.
索瑟兰太太暗示 沃克小姐情绪崩溃了
Mrs. Sutherland hinted at some sort of breakdown,
虽然她并没有告诉我任何细节
although she gave me no details as to the nature of it,
不过 我猜
and indeed, I got the idea
实际情况远比她所说得还要严重
there was rather more to it than she was saying,
尽管实情只有老天才知道
though Lord knows what.
我给她回信 切实可行的建议写了满满三页纸
I wrote back three pages full of sound advice...
希望我到哥本哈根时 能再收到她的来信
and hope to hear from her again when I reach Copenhagen.
利斯特小姐
Miss Lister.
天啊
Oh, hell's bells.
约翰可以明天一早就去
Our John can get over to t'hoss fair in Otley
奥特利的集市上再买♥♥一匹
first thing at morning and buy another,
但是我们已经让工人回家了
but we've sent lads home.
起重机重新启动之前
There'll be no more sinking this pit
这个矿是不能继续开了
till we get gin turning again.
你知道我要跟你说什么 对吧
You know what I'm going to say to you, though, don't yer?
钱
Money.
买♥♥几匹拉车的弱马
Buying broken carriage horses
总比雇佣八岁童工
is a damn sight cheaper than hiring
到头来出问题
a pair of eight-year-olds
要划算得多
till summat goes wrong,
那就不是钱的问题
and then it isn't.
他们说他们能以每码23先令的价格开这口矿
They said they can sink this pit at 23 shillings a yard.
他们冒了风险 但是不走运
They took a risk, and they've been unlucky,
所以他们的预算
so they're gonna be breaking
不论之前定了多少 肯定要超标了
into whatever contingency they budgeted for,
而且他们这才开工六周
and they've only been at it for six weeks.
好吧 那怎么办
Right. Well, what?
总不能让我写信告诉她这些吧
Do you want me to write and tell her?
我觉得需要让她知道
Well, I think she needs to know
实际上 她可能需要再投更多钱
that realistically, she might have to part with more money.
我知道 我知道
Yes, I know, I know,
但要已经把所有的开支都削减到最低了
but everything's pared down to a minimum as it is,
再偷工减料的话
and it is a damned dangerous business
可就太危险了
to be cutting any more corners in.
我觉得可能没有多余的钱了
I don't think there is any more money.
这才是关键
That's the thing.
那一定是她了
That must be her.
-托马斯 我们的马车 -利斯特小姐
- Thomas, our carriage. - Miss Lister!
-利斯特小姐 利斯特小姐 -你们来了
- Miss Lister, Miss Lister! - Ah, there you are.
-哈里特夫人 -你好
- Lady Harriet. - Hello.
德哈格曼先生
Mr. De Hagemann.
欢迎来到哥本哈根 利斯特小姐
Welcome to Copenhagen, Miss Lister.
我们能不能顺便送法蕾尔小姐去
Could we drop Miss Ferrall off
-伯爵夫人那儿... -在布兰克吉尔德
- at the Countess' address in... - Uh, Blancogarde.
当然 没问题
Of course. Yes, yes.
-旅程怎么样 -糟透了
- How was the passage? - Terrible!
我们已经在皇家酒店给你订好了房♥间
We've arranged rooms for you at the Hotel Royale
-就在罗斯基勒路上 -太棒了
- on the Roskilde Road. - Excellent.
我们的马车在这边 走吧
Our carriage is this way. Come.
尤金妮 你告诉托马斯我们住在皇家酒店
Eugénie, you tell Thomas it's the Hotel Royale.
好的 来吧
Yes. Yes, yes.
好极了
Wonderful.
穿过这里就到了
It's through here.
谢谢你们能来接我们
Thank you for coming to get us.
房♥间还可以吗
Will it do?
完美
It's perfect.
剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表