剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表
你愿意来吃晚餐吗
Would you like to come for dinner?
然后...留在这里过夜
And then... stay all night?
《杰克绅士》前情提要
利斯特小姐一直在耍手段
Miss Lister's been playing some impenetrable game.
我哥哥和我还以为你会更讲理一些
My brother and I thought that you might be more reasonable.
你的意思是更软弱
Oh, you mean softer?
现在你更了解我了
Now you know me better.
-她是个爷们儿 -你喝醉了 索登
- She's a fella. - You're drunk, Sowden.
托马斯 你带你父亲回家
Thomas, I want you to take your father home,
然后你一个人回来
and then I want you to come back.
你哪儿都别想去
You're going nowhere!
你说饿极了的猪什么都吃 而且吃得干干净净
You said a hungry pig will eat anything and everything.
沃克小姐也许可以成为我的伴侣
Miss Walker might make a companion for me.
我不想你受伤
I don't want you to be hurt.
你这是在玩火
You're playing with fire.
从她十来岁开始
I have defended that woman
我就一直在帮她说话
ever since she was in her teens.
自从她开始跟姑姑和姑父
Ever since she began staying
一起住在希布登庄园
with her aunt and uncle at Shibden Hall,
面对各种最恶毒的辱骂和暗讽
I have defended her against the vilest insults
无论怎样 我都在为她说话
and innuendo, through thick and thin,
因为我从来就没想过流言蜚语是真的
because I never once thought any of it was true,
因为我喜欢她
because I was fond of her.
当然 现在我意识到
And, of course, now I realize only too vividly
自己就是个活生生的笑柄
what a laughingstock I've been.
-天啊 -我告诉她们
- Good Lord. - I told them.
我说"你们这是在玩火"
I said, "You're playing with fire."
结果我离开的时候 你表妹笑了
Your cousin laughed as I left.
我都听到了 她笑了
I could hear her. She laughed.
-你确定吗 -确定
- Are you sure? - Yes.
你觉得我能编出来这种事吗
Do you think I could make up something like that?
三个月前有两个男的
Two men were hanged
-在约克监狱外被绞死了 -我知道
- outside York Jail just three months ago... - I know.
当着六千人的面
In front of a crowd of 6,000 people
-罪名是不道德行为 -我知道 我知道
- for unnatural acts. - I know. I know that.
你一定不要跟任何人提起 一点都不能说
You mustn't repeat it to anyone, any of it, ever.
为什么
Why?
因为你不能让你自己
Because you can't let yourself,
让我们两人
either of us,
或者我表妹 沃克小姐
or my cousin, Miss Walker,
与这种闲话有任何瓜葛
be associated with that sort of talk.
我什么都没做
I didn't do anything.
安妮·利斯特很聪明
Anne Lister is clever.
她会扭曲事实 调转矛头
She'll twist it. She'll turn it.
她会让你比她自己更难堪
She'll make it reflect more badly on you than on herself.
就算是把她跟格雷大人和他的内阁相提并论
She could run rings around Lord Grey and his cabinet
她都毫不逊色
if she got anywhere near them.
她确实力图否认
She did try to deny it,
哪怕我们就在房♥间里
even in the room,
仿佛一切都是我的想象
as though it was all in my imagination.
最好是 唯一的应对措施就是
The best thing, the only response,
以后要更加冷淡一些
is to be rather more cool in future,
跟她隔开距离
to establish some distance,
当然不要跟大家提起 她们俩总在一起
and certainly not to refer to them in company.
问题是
The thing is,
关于不要跟任何人提起
about not mentioning it to anyone,
我几天前在斯托尼罗迪做客
I was at Stoney Royd a few days ago,
我可能跟罗森老夫人
and so I may have mentioned it
提起这件事了
to elderly Mrs. Rawson.
我确实
I did...mention it
跟罗森老夫人说了
to elderly Mrs. Rawson.
还有斯坦斯菲尔德·罗森太太 她也在
And Mrs. Stansfield Rawson, she was there, too,
还有凯瑟琳和迪莉娅·罗森小姐
with Miss Catherine and Miss Delia Rawson.
后来还告诉了你那住悬崖山的安姑妈
And then to your Aunt Ann at Cliffhill.
所以 恐怕
So I'm afraid...
是的
yes,
已经有人知道了
it has been mentioned.
-去约克 -昨天
- To York? - Yesterday.
坐你表妹的马车
In your cousin's carriage.
她们两个
Both of them?
为什么
Why?
去看医生 她脊椎的问题
To consult a doctor about her spine
还有她的神经
and her...nerves.
神经 神经问题
Nervy...nerve business.
她在这就有医生
She has a doctor here.
利斯特小姐的原话是 贝尔科姆医生
Miss Lister's line was that Dr. Belcombe
不是"乡下庸医"
is "No provincial quack."
肯尼医生接受过正当的医学培训
Dr. Kenny is a very properly trained medical man.
她就是找借口把她跟家人分离开 让她孤身一人
It's an excuse to get her away from her family and on her own.
威廉 不明说
The unspoken, William,
并不代表大家不知道
is not always the unknown.
说不定趁我们不注意 她就带她去巴黎了
She'll have her in Paris before we know it.
来束花吗
Would you like a posy?
贝尔科姆医生20分钟之后就到
Dr. Belcombe will be here in 20 minutes.
安 不要
Oh, Ann, no.
她在穿衣服
She's getting dressed.
谢谢你能在如此仓促的时间里
It was good of you to see her
赶过来给她看病 小史
at such short notice, Steph.
我给她检查过了
Well, I've examined her,
我们也聊了很多 聊她的家人等等
and we've had a good long chat about her family and so forth.
我可以给她开一些治后背疼的药
I can give her something for the pain in her back,
但病根在于神经性歇斯底里
but its root cause is nervous hysteria.
你是指她脑中总是惦记着事情
Does that mean it's all in her head?
这个因素无法忽略 当然
That's not to dismiss it, of course,
我也给她解释过了
and I've explained this to her.
精神上的痛苦
Mental suffering is just as acute
和肉体上的痛苦一样严重 但是 当然了
as physical suffering, but of course,
我们没法像看到肉体痛苦一样
we can't see it in the same way
看到精神上的痛苦
that we can see physical suffering,
所以我们忽略它
so we tend to dismiss it.
她在生活中要面对许多悲伤的事情
She's had a lot of sadness to contend with in her life.
当然 每个人处理事情的方式不同
We all cope with things in different ways, of course.
有些人更擅长排解负面情绪
Some people are better equipped to deal with it than others.
告诉我 我怎样能帮上忙
Tell me what I can do to help.
我认为你现在就在帮她 安妮
I think you're doing it, Anne.
我认为你可能是她这辈子中
I think you're probably the best thing
遇到的最美好的事了
that's ever happened to her.
她说她来这儿看医生好像装病
She says she feels like a fraud now she's here,
因为自从跟你成为朋友之后 她像变了个人
because she's felt so different since you befriended her.
你是不是提过 你打算出国旅行
Did you say you were thinking of traveling abroad?
是的
Yes.
那如果你能说服她
Well, then if you can persuade her,
旅行对她的益处胜过我开的任何处方
it'll do her more good than anything I can prescribe.
她也想去
Oh, she wants to go.
那就胜利一半了
Well, then that's half the battle.
你最近有没有收到我姐姐的消息
Have you heard from my sister lately?
收到过
Yes.
我写信给她
Yes, I wrote to her,
告诉她我们要来看你
told her we were coming to see you.
利斯特小姐写了什么有趣的吗
What scintillating chitchat from Miss Lister?
她在约克
Oh, she's in York.
她要带人去见小史
She's taking someone to see Steph--
那人是她的一个邻居 沃克小姐
one of her neighbors, a Miss Walker.
一位姓沃克的小姐
A Miss Walker?
当然了
Of course.
利斯特小姐永远都这么无私吗
Is there no end to Miss Lister's selflessness?
一定是吓到你了 威廉
Must've shaken you, William.
那周在庄园附近发生的事故
The accident above the hall the other week.
是的 小姐 的确很可怕
Yes, ma'am. It wasn't pleasant.
那个小男孩失去了一条腿 你听说了吗
The little boy lost a leg. Did you hear?
似乎那个驾车的白♥痴♥
剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表