剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表
I wonder why you have such a poor opinion of yourself.
和你在一起的时候我不会
I don't when I'm with you.
和你在一起的时候 与全世界作对我都不怕
When I'm with you, I could take on the world.
那好
Well, then.
"尊敬的先生 我将您的包裹退还
"Dear sir, I return your package
其中包含剪贴簿
containing the drawing room scrapbook
和未拆封的您的传记"
and your biographical account of yourself unopened.
我已授权我的朋友利斯特小姐
I have given my friend Miss Lister
监管...
surveillance...
监管
Surveillance.
SURVEI 两个L
S-U-R-V-E-I-double-L.
监管我最近的信件
Surveillance of all my recent correspondence.
"您与我之后的任何信件往来
"Any subsequent communication you choose to make with me
都要寄到哈利法克斯希布登庄园 经由她交给我
should be sent via her at Shibden Hall, Halifax.
您最真挚的朋友 安·沃克"
Yours sincerely, A. Walker.
有什么新消息吗 安斯沃思先生
Anything new, Mr. Ainsworth?
沃克小姐觉得 现在送她这些 为时尚早
Miss Walker feels it's too soon to be offered these things.
也许她说得没错
Well, perhaps she's right.
我真是蠢到家了
How foolish of me.
看来我已经越界了
Appears I've overstepped the mark.
暂时把这事先放到一边吧 安斯沃思先生
Put it to one side for the moment, Mr. Ainsworth.
集中精神准备你今天下午
Concentrate on your meeting this afternoon
和教会理事的见面
with the church trustees.
我知道
I know.
要不然 今天下午
Why don't I pop into Crow Nest
我直接去鸦巢找沃克小姐
and have a few words with Miss Walker myself
-聊几句吧 -不 那太...
- this afternoon? - Oh, no, that's--
我觉得不应该
I-I wouldn't-- I don't think you should
这么劳烦你
go to any such trouble,
不 不要 不用为了我跑一趟
not--not on-- not on my account.
不会费什么力气的
It wouldn't be any trouble.
一点也不麻烦
No trouble at all.
问题在于
The...problem
我丈夫的表妹的问题在于 安斯沃思先生
with my husband's cousin, Mr. Ainsworth,
她经常看不清自己
is that she often doesn't know herself
不明白什么才是对她最有利的
what's in her own best interests.
这不是她的错
It's not her fault.
她的人生已经够凄惨的了
She's had rather a tragic life
家破人亡 我相信你知道的
full of losses-- I'm sure you know--
结果后来各种各样恬不知耻的人
and then she's been taken advantage of
一直来占她的便宜
by one unscrupulous person or another as a result.
这 就像我所说的
It's--as I say,
我觉得最好应该先别去打扰她
I think it might be best to leave well alone for the moment.
夫人 利斯特小姐来了
Ma'am, Miss Lister's here.
要我先请她去客厅等您
Should I ask her into the drawing room
您用完早餐再见她吗
till you've finished breakfast?
是那位希布登庄园的利斯特小姐吗
Is that Miss Lister of Shibden Hall?
你听说过她
You've heard of her?
在哪听说的
How?
沃克小姐一定曾经在什么时候提起过她
Miss Walker must've mentioned her at some point in the past.
不 哈里 不要带她去客厅
No, Harry, don't show her into the drawing room.
-请她到这里来 -是的 夫人
- Show her in here. - Ma'am.
利斯特小姐相当古怪 安斯沃思先生
Miss Lister is rather eccentric, Mr. Ainsworth.
但她家是哈利法克斯最古老的家族之一 所以
But her family is one of the oldest in Halifax, so...
我懂
Of course.
等我打过招呼之后 我会直接回房♥间
Once I've said hello, I might pop up to my room
去整理一些我的...
and sort through a few of my--
-早上好 -利斯特小姐
- Good morning. - Miss Lister.
你们有客人在啊
You have company.
原谅打搅
I hope you'll forgive my intrusion.
这位是来自诺斯维奇的托马斯·安斯沃思牧师
This is the Reverend Thomas Ainsworth from Northwich.
你好吗 安斯沃思先生
How do you do, Mr. Ainsworth?
安斯沃思先生的妻子上周
Mr. Ainsworth whose wife died
在一次马车事故中不幸去世了
in the carriage accident last week,
他妻子也是沃克小姐的朋友
who was married to Miss Walker's friend.
你一定伤透心了 安斯沃思先生
You must be heartbroken, Mr. Ainsworth.
要我叫哈里来给你上杯茶吗
Would you like me to ask Harry to bring you in a teacup,
-利斯特小姐 -不了 谢谢
- Miss Lister? - No, thank you.
我马上就走
I can't stop.
我来是要问你有关...
I came to ask you about--
抱歉 安斯沃思先生 这对于刚刚经历
Sorry, Mr. Ainsworth, this must seem very banal
丧妻之痛的人来说一定不值一提
to a man that's just lost his wife.
但我是来请你帮忙的
But I came to ask you a favor.
-我吗 -是的
- Me? - Mm.
我们这里夏天的时候
We had a carriage accident here
也出了一场马车车祸 安斯沃思先生
during the summer, Mr. Ainsworth.
虽然不如你妻子的那次那么不幸
Not quite as tragic as the one your wife was involved in,
但一个七岁的男孩也因此失去了一条腿
but a seven-year-old boy lost a leg.
他的父亲是我的一位佃户
His father's one of my tenants,
这个小男孩再也没法干农活了 很不幸
and he'll never work on the farm, sadly.
但是华盛顿先生 我的土地管家
But Mr. Washington, my land steward,
他的一个女儿经常去找亨利读书给他听
one of his girls goes over to read to Henry.
很显然 他是一个非常聪明的小男孩
And apparently, he's a very bright little boy.
所以我想问问你是否能收他进你的私立日校
So I wondered if you'd have him in your day school,
普里斯特利夫人
Mrs. Priestley,
这样他就能学习读书写字和算术
so he can learn to read and write and account
将来就能有一技之长养活自己
and thereby try to make something of himself.
我会承担他的学费
I'd cover his fees.
我们必须尽我们所能
We must do what we can,
因为那场事故的肇事者
since the perpetrator of the accident,
尽管是哈利法克斯最富有的人之一
despite being one of the wealthiest men in Halifax,
却不敢供认他所犯下的罪过
has failed to acknowledge his part in it.
是谁
Who?
我从没跟哈德卡斯尔家提起过
I haven't mentioned this school business
让他上学的事
to the Hardcastles.
因为我不确定你那里是否还有空位
I didn't know whether you'd have room.
我非常不想让他们失望
I'd hate to disappoint them.
他们都是非常好的人
They're good people.
既然这样 我们应该能安排一下
Well, I imagine we can sort something out.
你刚刚指的是谁
Who are you talking about?
让他周一早上八点钟直接去教室报到
Ask him to come along to the schoolroom 8:00 on Monday morning.
我会让威尔金森先生等他
I'll tell Mr. Wilkinson to expect him.
安妮 那个肇事者是谁
Anne, who caused the accident?
我没法证明是他
I can't prove it.
没有一个目击者愿意作证
None of the witnesses will testify.
他们都太害怕他们可能要上庭指控的
They're too frightened of who they'd be accusing...
那个人了
On the bench.
罗森先生
Mr. Rawson?
不用送了
I'll see myself out.
安斯沃思先生
Mr. Ainsworth,
很抱歉打扰到你了
sorry to have disturbed you.
利斯特小姐
Miss Lister!
利斯特小姐
Miss Lister!
你好
Oh, hello.
我 首先
I, um-- so, uh, first of all,
请你务必让我向你道歉 因 因为...
you must allow me to apologize for--for--for
我一直非常执着于追求
being rather too insistent with--
追求你的朋友沃克小姐
with--with your friend Miss Walker.
然而...
However...
你什么时候走
When are you leaving?
但我这样做是因为... 你说什么
In my defense-- Sorry?
你什么时候和教会理事见面
When's your meeting with the church trustees?
今天下午两点
This afternoon, 2:00.
很好 那你什么时候离开这里
Good. So you're leaving...when?
明天早上
Tomorrow morning.
但 事情是这样的...
But--so the thing is--
我需要解释
the thing I need to explain,
而你应该明白的事情是...
the thing you should understand--
你要明白的是 安斯沃思先生
What you need to understand, Mr. Ainsworth,
即使他们邀请你来这里当牧师
is, even if you were offered the position,
接受邀请对你来说也是很不明智的
剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表