剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表
或三人同行"
or both."
又来了
Oh, here we go again.
"德哈基曼先生
"The Mr. De... 'Hayjiman'
帮我计算自己的花销
"helped me calculate my expenses,
虽然我很快就用惯了丹麦克朗
"although I soon had the hang of the Danish kroner,
而且等我找到自己的公♥寓♥
"and it will be much cheaper
房♥租价格也会便宜很多
"when I find my own apartment,
鉴于我决意在这里待到春天 时间不算短
"given that I intend to be here until the spring.
把最真诚的爱献给你们
"My best love to you all.
你们亲爱的" 然后是她的签名
Yours affectionately," And then she's signed it.
她那充沛的活力
All that energy she has!
你没事吧
You all right?
光是听听她做了什么 我就已经累得不行了
I'm tired out just listening to what she's been up to.
姑姑
Aunt,
-你没事吧 -没事没事 当然没事
- are you all right? - Yes, yes, of course I am.
再给我读一遍
Read it to me again.
"亲爱的姑姑
"My dear Aunt,
希望您展信安康
"I hope this letter finds you well.
抱歉我现在才动笔
"I'm sorry I've not written sooner,
但我忙得超乎想象"
but I've been busier than even I imagined."
"而且我非常想尽可能详细地
"And I'm eager to learn, in as much detail as possible,
了解事情的进展"
how the matter progresses."
再给我读一遍
Read it to me again.
她写道
She says--
首先 她写道
well, first off, she says that--
你知道
uh, you do know about the, uh...
在科纳里挖矿的事吧
pit sinking at Conery?
没错 她的确跟我提过
Yes, she did tell me about it,
就在离开前的五分钟吧
five minutes before she left.
我知道
Yes.
那好
Yeah.
大概三周前 我写信给她
So I wrote to her about three weeks ago
解释说我们...他们...
explaining that we'd--they'd--
遇到困...不能说是困难
run into difficul-- well, not difficulties.
他们没有预...其实并非没预料到
They had unfor-- well, it wasn't unforeseen, in fact,
他们真的完全可以预料到这种情况
it was something they really might have anticipated,
只是因为降低成本
only, uh, they were trying to keep the costs down.
出了点意外 但已妥善处理好
It backfired, and it has been dealt with.
现在的问题是
The problem now
如果再发生什么问题
is that there's very little to fall back on
我们就没什么回旋余地了
if anything else goes wrong,
如果真的出现问题
and if anything does go wrong,
我们需要迅速处理
it needs dealing with briskly
这样就不会让工程再次陷入停滞
so that the works aren't brought to a standstill again.
然后她写道
So she's saying, uh,
"请询问我父亲
"Please ask my father,
倘若需要处理问题
"should the need arise,
我们能否
"if we may call on him
向他借
"for some or all
至多四百五十镑
"of the £450
之前他提出要借给我这么一笔钱
"he offered me some time ago.
请务必再三告诉他
"Please emphasize to him
这只是未雨绸缪
"this is a contingency,
我们也许不用向他借钱"
and we may not need to call on him at all."
没错 但怎么可能
Yes, and how likely is that?
她又是从哪弄到开工资金的
And where'd she get the money in the first place?
我也说不好 利斯特上尉
Well, I couldn't say, Captain Lister.
你知道她一向很保密
You know how she loves to keep her cards close to her chest.
但她总得问什么人借吧
But she has borrowed it from someone,
而且不是沃克小姐
and not Miss Walker.
沃克小姐
Miss Walker?
我觉得不是 先生
I don't think so, sir.
她告诉我
She told me
开新矿至少需要两千镑
it would cost the best part of £2,000 to sink a new pit,
资金不够无法开工 然后
and it couldn't be done, and then,
她离开前两分钟
two minutes before she's off,
新矿就开工了
it's all happening.
那她是从哪儿借来这么大一笔钱
So where did she get that kind of money from?
我只是个传话人 利斯特上尉
I'm just passing a message, Captain Lister.
利斯特小姐 小姐
Miss Lister, Madame.
怎么样
How was it?
太滑稽了
Ridiculous!
我行屈膝礼行错人了
I curtsied to the wrong person.
天哪
Oh, no!
希布登庄园的利斯特小姐
Froken Lister af Shibden Hall
来自西约克郡的哈利法克斯
i Halifax I West Riding, Yorkshire.
女王陛下
Your Majesty.
我觉得我们会忘掉这码事的
Oh, I think we'll all get over it.
这位才是女王
Oh, this is the queen.
女王陛下
Your Majesty.
利斯特小姐
Well, well, Miss Lister,
来自哈利法克斯的希布登庄园
of Shibden Hall in... Halifax.
非常抱歉 陛下
A thousand apologies, Your Majesty.
你怎么来哥本哈根了
What brings you to Copenhagen?
从何说起呢
Oh, well, where to start?
从头吧
At the beginning.
跟我说说哈利法克斯
Tell me about Halifax.
哈利法克斯
Halifax?
在北边
It's in the North,
我听说由于新的机器
which I understand is in turmoil
现在那边正动荡不安
with all the new, uh, mach--machinery.
是的 有些人没安好心
Well, yes, some people are up to no good.
这是未来
It is the future,
难道不是吗
however, is it not,
新的机器
this new machinery?
这是一种看法
Well, that's one way of looking at--
我们必须永远敞怀拥抱未来
And we must always embrace the future.
难道不是吗
Isn't that so?
我...
I'm...
不总认为有必要
not always convinced that's necessar--
你总是穿一身黑吗
Do you always wear black?
也不是 我...
Well, no. I...
是的 一直如此
Yes, always.
为什么
Why?
黑色很适合我
It suits me.
但我觉得好几种颜色都适合你
But I can see that any number of colors would suit you.
我以前与一个人订过婚
I was engaged to a person,
但和我订婚的那人 最后与别人结婚了
and the person to whom I was engaged married someone else...
从那时开始 陛下
And ever since then, Your Majesty,
我就一直在哀悼
I have been in mourning for my loss,
所以我很少
and that's why I rarely--
除了黑色几乎不♥穿♥其他颜色
very rarely--wear anything other than black.
这场惨剧是什么时候发生的
When was this... catastrophe?
1816年
1816.
那是16年前了
That's 16 years ago.
17年了
17.
真浪漫
How romantic.
但是 也许时间治疗了心伤
And yet, time you got over it, perhaps?
而且 利斯特小姐
Again, Miss Lister,
我们难道不该放眼未来吗
should we not always look to the future?
只不过段段缘分都是伤心利刃
Except it keeps happening.
所以你来哥本哈根了
That's why you're in Copenhagen.
你在逃离心碎的自己
You're on the run from a broken heart.
等你来我的生日舞会时 利斯特小姐
When you come to my birthday ball, Miss Lister,
我非常希望你能赏光
which I do hope you will,
大家都会穿白色礼服
everyone will be in white.
我刚和卡洛琳公主说了十来分钟的话
I just spoke to the Princess Caroline for more than ten minutes.
我一直想问 利斯特小姐
I've kept meaning to ask, Miss Lister,
你是否有再收到你在苏格兰那朋友的消息
did you ever hear any more about your friend in Scotland?
没有
No.
剧集 | 绅士杰克 | 导航列表