剧集 | 煤气灯(2022) | 导航列表
让我们去和丹·肖尔谈谈,
Let's go talk to Dan Shore,
谁在委员会会议室外。担?
who is outside the committee room. Dan?
呃,是的,乔治。
Uh, yes, George.
呃,当你看著约翰·迪恩的时候,
Uh, while you're looking at John Dean,
我在这里拿著前98页
I'm holding here the first 98 pages
预计有140页的证词
of what's expected to be 140 pages of testimony
迪恩先生今天将发表讲话。
that Mr. Dean will be delivering today.
你问我,约翰·迪恩的
You ask me, John Dean's
半加仑没什么。
a half a gallon of nothing much.
他会给一个国家带来什么
What's he gonna give a nation
所以被本届政♥府♥使用?
so used by this administration?
但他看起来确实很光滑,我会给他的。
But he do look slick, I'll give him that.
他自己承认,
By his own admission,
迪恩先生是部分同谋
Mr. Dean was a partial coconspirator
在总统涉嫌妨碍司法公正方面。
in the president's alleged obstruction of justice.
迪恩在今年四月被尼克松解雇了......
Dean was fired by Nixon in April of this year...
...在他拒绝之后
...after he refused
公开赦免白宫
to publicly absolve the White House
闯入中的任何责任。
of any blame in the break-in.
据知情人士透露
According to sources familiar
在他的开场白中,前白宫律师
with his opening statement, the former White House counsel
并承认同谋打算平分秋色
and admitted coconspirator intends to level
对尼克森总统的几项刑事指控,
several criminal claims against President Nixon,
包括妨碍司法。
including obstruction of justice.
我们对水门事件听证会的报导
Our coverage of the Watergate hearings
华盛顿的直播将在一会儿继续。
live from Washington will continue in a moment.
哦,我会明白的。
Oh, I'll get it.
嘿,你跌倒了,我不是在帮你。
Hey, you fall, I'm not helping you.
马大!
Martha!
哦,我的天哪,我不知道你是否能成功。
Oh, my gosh, I didn't know if you'd make it.
快进来!
Come on in!
看看你穿著你珍贵的小裙子。
Look at you in your precious little dress.
她把它挑了出来。
She picked it out.
女士。
Ma'am.
你好。呃,这里。
Hello. Uh, here.
你想把它放在这里吗?
You wanna put that down over here?
谢谢。
Thank you.
哦,看看那个。
Oh, look at that.
这不是亲爱的吗?
Isn't that darling?
你和你可爱的妈妈。
You and your sweet mama.
我想让你看到
I wanted you to see that
在我把它交给历史学会之前。
before I gave it to the historical society.
你知道她一直想成为事情的一部分。
You know how she always wanted to be a part of things.
哦,是的。- 现在她真的可以了。
Oh, yeah. - Now she really can be.
哦,鲁琳,我只是,嗯...
Oh, Lurleen, I just, um...
我只想说谢谢你让我来到这里。
I just wanted to say thank you for having me here.
回到家真的很好。
It's been real nice to be back home.
哦,玛莎·比尔,
Oh, Martha Beall,
你总是在派恩布拉夫有一个家。
you always have a home in Pine Bluff.
来吧,你想喝一杯吗?上帝知道你需要喝一杯。
Come on, you want a drink? God knows you need a drink.
他们已经为你准备好了,迪恩先生。
They're ready for you, Mr. Dean.
好吧。
All right.
是时候把他们打死了,冠军。
Time to knock them dead in there, champ.
我们走吧。
Let's go.
我不能。
I can't.
什么?
What's that?
C--我不能。我们——我们必须取消它。
C--I can't. We-we have to call it off.
我们不能取消它。
We can't call it off.
你五分钟后就起来了。别他妈的胡闹了。
Y-you're up in five minutes. Stop fucking around.
我不是在开玩笑。我做不到!
I'm not joking. I can't do it!
我不能上去。
I can't go up there.
这是完美的。
That is perfect.
你们中的两个人想在没有律师的情况下做这件事,
Two of you wanted to do this without a lawyer,
而且,什么,现在你正在鸡舍?
and, what, now you're chickening out?
他们会看穿我。
They will see right through me.
我是个骗子。你不明白吗?没有人会相信我。
I'm a fraud. Don't you get it? No one will believe me.
我的意思是,这也太——这太过分了。
I mean, this is just too-- this is too much.
嘿,这已经不是关于你的了。
Hey, this is not about you anymore.
这是关于我们努力的一切,
This is about everything that we have worked towards,
你现在不会搞砸了,好吗?
and you're not going to fuck this up now, okay?
这就是我们要做的。
Here's what we're gonna do.
你要停止这是什么,这种喋喋不休,
You're gonna stop whatever this is, this blubbering,
振作起来。
pull yourself together.
我们会一起走进那个房♥间,
We'll walk into that room together,
你会像我们练习的那样作证。
and you'll give your testimony just like we practiced.
还记得这三件事吗?
Remember the three things?
没有低迷,没有摸索你的话,没有借口。
No slumping, no fumbling your words, no excuses.
你觉得这很难吗?
Do you think this is hard?
因为这并不难。
Because this is not hard.
穿上外套,我们走吧。
Put on your coat, and let's go.
迪恩先生,你能举手吗?
Mr. Dean, would you raise your hand?
你发誓说实话,全部真♥相♥,
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth,
只有真理,所以说明你上帝?
nothing but the truth, so help you God?
我愿意。
I do.
你可以坐下。
You may be seated.
好的,女士们,先生们,早上好。
All right, good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
欢迎来到第12天的公开见证
Welcome to the 12th day of public testimony
为水门事件小组委员会。
for the Watergate subcommittee.
我不禁注意到,我们在这里的特邀演讲者,
I can't help but notice that our featured speaker here,
约翰·迪恩先生在没有律师在场的情况下就座。
Mr. John Dean, is seated without counsel present.
先生,这是一个错误吗?
Is that a mistake, Sir?
呃,不,先生,不是。
Uh, no, sir, it is not.
我的律师在场,
My counsel is present in the room,
但我打算单独作证。
but I intend to testify alone.
儿子,请原谅我问,
Son, excuse me for asking,
但你到底为什么要这样做呢?
but why in the hell would you do that?
主席先生,因为我打算说实话。
Because I intend to tell the truth, Mr. Chairman.
我不需要律师来说明我。
I do not need a lawyer to help me with that.
哎呀,你不是天哪火焰的守护者吗?
Well, gee, aren't you a keeper of the gosh-durn flame?
好吧,你愿意阅读吗
All right, would you care to read
儿子,你准备好的声明?
your prepared statement, son?
是的,先生。谢谢。
Yes, sir. Thank you.
欧文主席,委员会成员,
Chairman Ervin, members of the committee,
我想开始
I would like to commence
对大气的一般描述
with a general description of the atmosphere
在1972年6月之前存在于白宫。
that existed in the White House prior to June 1972.
致一个在白宫的人
To one who was in the White House
并对其内部运作有些熟悉,
and became somewhat familiar with its inner workings,
水门事件是不可避免的结果
the Watergate matter was an inevitable outgrowth
过度关注的气氛
of a climate of excessive concern
关于政♥治♥影响
over the political impact
示♥威♥者,过度关注泄漏,
of demonstrators, excessive concern over leaks,
再加上自己动手的白宫工作人员
coupled with a do-it-yourself White House staff
不顾法律。
with no regard for the law.
直到我加入白宫工作人员
It was not until I joined the White House staff
1970年7月
in July of 1970
我已经完全意识到强烈的感情
that I had fully realized the strong feelings
总统和他的工作人员...
that the president and his staff...
我认为他做得很好,不是吗?
I think he's doing great, don't you?
是的。
Yeah.
然而,事实上,其中许多元素
However, the fact that many of these elements
以创作为高♥潮♥
culminated with the creation
秘密情报行动
of a covert intelligence operation
不是有意识的设计,而是命运的意外。
was not by conscious design-- rather an accident of fate.
现在迪恩先生,你担心了吗
Now Mr. Dean, did it worry you
这个利迪家伙想出了计划
that this Liddy fellow came up with schemes
涉及绑♥架♥、卖♥♥淫、抢劫、
involving kidnapping, prostitution, mugging,
其余的呢?
and all the rest of it?
是的,先生,确实如此,并且为了记录在案,
Yes, sir, it did, and for the record,
我记得利迪说过,女孩们会是高级的
I recall Liddy saying that the girls would be high-class
剧集 | 煤气灯(2022) | 导航列表