-和他们发生性关系 -不 我没有
- after they had died. - No, I did not.
我喜欢他们吗 对
Did I enjoy them? Yes.
我是否从... 注视在我身旁
Did I... gain some satisfaction
他们的裸体而感到某种满足
from looking at their naked bodies next to mine in a manner?
但我没插他们
But I didn't penetrate them.
听着 我做过的恶事
Look, look, the wicked thing that I did
是把一个人活活勒死
was to squeeze the life out of a human being.
那是错的 是不能被原谅的
That was wrong, that was unforgivable,
我会因此而受到应有的惩罚
I will be properly punished for it.
但我对于尸体所做的 二者都算不上
But what I did to a corpse is neither here nor there.
布莱恩 如果你觉得我对死人做的事
Brian, if you are more disgusted by what I did to a corpse
比我对活人做的事更恶心
than what I did to a living man,
那你的道德观就全反了
then your moral system is upside-down
需要重新建立
and needs overhauling.
你说得对
You're right.
我并没想评判你的所作所为
I didn't intend to judge you.
我们说回到你的童年吧 在学校你有很多...
Let's go back to your childhood. Did you have many...
-你有朋友吗 -我很高兴我们这样 布莱恩
- Any friends at school? - I'm glad we're doing this, Brian.
-我也是 -被倾听的感觉真好
- Me too. - It's nice to be listened to.
让我感觉又是个人了
Makes me feel human again.
这些人都把我当成罪犯对待
All these, treating me like a criminal.
你不觉得自己是个罪犯吗
Do you not consider yourself to be a criminal?
我怎么看待自己不重要
How I consider myself is obsolete.
我有在被定罪之前
I deserve the right to
被当成无辜的人的权利
be treated as innocent until proven guilty.
不该在等待开庭的时间
Not have to wear the clothes of a convicted felon
就穿着被定罪的重犯才会穿的囚服
whilst I wait for my day in court.
你肯定能理解吧
Surely you can see that?
我们对挖掘结果很遗憾
We're sorry about the result of the dig.
我们都很失望
We all share your disappointment.
谢谢你 只是一次尝试
Thank you. It was a blow,
但我们有其他正在调查的线索
but we have other points of enquiry we're now investigating.
有新的情况
There's been a development.
尼尔森原来一直在
Turns out that Nilsen's
跟一个传记作者定期见面
been getting regular visits from a biographer.
显然他的信通过了监狱的核查
Apparently his letter got through the prison censors
然后他们已经见面有好几周了
and they'd been meeting for a number of weeks.
我们现在担心的就是被害人的身份
Our fear here is that it's only a matter of time
特别是奥肯顿
before the victims' identities,
这样耳熟能详的名字 被公布于众
and especially one as well known as Ockenden,
只是早晚的问题
become public knowledge.
所以我们觉得我们需要通知他的家人
Therefore, we feel we need to inform his family.
我们还在确认是不是奥肯顿 长官
We're still looking for confirmation on Ockenden, sir.
我们到现在一直这么有耐心的唯一原因
The only reason we've been patient up until now
就是希望挖掘行动
was the hope that the dig
能找到把奥肯顿和梅尔罗斯联♥系♥起来的线索
would give us something to tie Ockenden to Melrose.
但已经一个月了
But it's been a month.
我知道 但如果我们有更多人
I'm aware of that. But if we had more men
和我一再请求的文档处理员
and the word processor I've requested again and again...
彼得 我内心也无比想要
Peter. There is nothing I would like more
找到肯 并让伤害他的人
than to find Ken and to bring anyone
受到法律的制裁
who harmed him to justice.
但如果我们再不找到证据
But if we don't have any evidence by now...
我们会找到证据的
We'll find the evidence.
我欣赏你的自信
I admire your confidence.
但这个调查已经开始
But this investigation is beginning to harm
影响伦敦警♥察♥厅的名誉了
the reputation of the Metropolitan Police.
我们才刚刚从暴♥乱♥中恢复过来
We've only just repaired the damage done by the riots.
我们怎么影响名誉了
How are we damaging its reputation?
因为人们已经开始
Because people are starting
问为什么用了这么长时间了
to ask why this is all taking so long.
-你知道调查是怎么进行的吗 -彼得
- Do you know how an investigation works? - Peter.
到外面等我
Wait for me outside.
-刚刚怎么回事 -领导比起找到这些人
- What the hell was that? - Top brass care more
更关心他们自己的声誉
about their reputation than finding these men.
别小孩子气了
Oh, grow up.
不是只有你一个人关心这个案子
You're not the only one who cares about this case.
我给你点建议 彼得 听上面的安排
Let me give you some advice, Peter. Toe the fucking line!
没关系
Yeah, that's fine.
不 你找的时候我可以等你
No, I don't mind holding while you find out.
-怎么了 -希利觉得他找到约翰了
- What's going on? - Healey thinks he's got John.
话先别说太早 史蒂夫
Don't bloody jinx it, Steve.
我查过了所有近卫团兵
All the guardsmen were accounted for,
一无所获 又回到了起点
so we were screwed, basically. Back to square one.
我去了伦敦西区分局
I went to see the West End branch,
问他们认不认识一个约翰
asked them if they knew any Johns
来自海威科姆经常去苏豪区的
from High Wycombe that frequented Soho.
对我们重启奥肯顿的案子进行唏嘘后
After giving me a load of grief about the Ockenden case,
他们给了我一个名字
they threw me a name.
约翰·霍莱特
John Howlett.
游手好闲的混混 小时候出入不同的收养所
A ne'er-do-well, in and out of different homes as a kid,
在苏豪区一带很有名声
well-known on the streets of Soho.
-听着熟悉吗 -嗯
- Sound familiar? - Yeah.
现在我们在
Now we're just checking
-跟克兰利的遗骸作血型比对 -好吧
- the blood type from the remains in Cranley. - OK.
我觉得我们也该走走运了 对吧
I think we deserve a bit of luck, don't you?
对
Yes.
对
Yep.
好 谢谢
OK. Thanks.
找到匹配的了
We got a match.
漂亮 克里斯
Great work, Chris!
你觉得为什么尼尔森说他是近卫团兵
Why do you think Nilsen said he was a guardsman?
我不知道
I've got no idea.
第一轮我买♥♥单 你来吗
First round's on me! You coming?
我一会儿就过去
I'll be there in a bit.
我要先把这边搞完
I've just gotta finish up here first.
《使用你的相机》
《全面指南》
还以为你们都去酒吧了
Thought you were all down the pub.
你... 在找什么东西吗
You, uh... looking for anything in particular?
肯尼斯·奥肯顿
Kenneth Ockenden.
在克兰利花♥园♥的档案里可找不到
Not gonna find him there in the Cranley Gardens log.
-我们取了相机的指纹吗 -取了
- Did we fingerprint the camera? - We did.
-那找到的书呢 -取了 所有的封面
- What about the books we found? - Yep, all the covers.
但没取书页的吗
But not the pages?
碰了书页怎么可能不碰封面
How do you touch pages and not the covers?
有几本书可能会有线索
There's just a few books that might give us something.
摄影书 伦敦指南之类的
The photography book, the London guide, things like that.
《全面指南》
The A to Z.
头儿 在这上面花时间值得吗
Guv, is this a good use of time?
我看看有什么办法吧
I'll see what I can do.
-他会对我们不利吗 -不见得
- Can he harm us? - I don't see how.
布莱恩·马斯特斯
你觉得他们聊了些什么
What do you think they talk about?
我压根就不想知道
I don't even wanna know.
老大 前台有一位女士
Guv. Woman at the front desk,
认为她的前任可能是受害者
thinks her ex-partner might be a possible victim.
谢了 克里斯
Cheers, Chris.
嗯 他马上过来 好的
Yeah, he's on his way down. Great.
他大概是一年前失踪的
He went missing about a year ago.
我最后一次见到他 是他来我家
Last time I saw him, he came round to the house.
我们当时已经分居了几个月
We'd been separated a few months,
他说他想多陪陪沙恩
said he wanted to spend more time with Shane.
但我知道他就是为了钱
But I knew he was just there for the money,
好去苏豪区弄毒品
so he could go down to Soho and score.
我们那天吵了一架 他就走了
We had an argument that day and he left.
自那以后我就没见过他了
And I haven't seen him since.
一周后 他本该出庭 但他没去
A week after that, he had a court date, which he missed.
他不管出什么事都会出庭的
And he always attended court, no matter what.
所以我就去了就业中心
So I went down to the job centre,
那里的人说他没有签到
they told me he hadn't signed on.
于是我就打电♥话♥问他的律师