你能给失业人士们一些希望吗
Can you offer any hope for the unemployed?
就业中心
我想失业率很难在1983年
I think it's going to be very difficult
得到明显下降
to get it down significantly in 1983.
这是一个真实故事
"伦漂"们
Drifters who've strayed to London
期望看到用金子铺成的马路
in the expectation of streets paved with gold
和指引他们走向成功的明灯
and beacon lights that would guide them to prosperity.
你去就业中心 他们会问你 "你住哪儿"
You go to the Job Centre - "Where do you live?"
"没有固定住处" "抱歉 那我们没法帮你找工作"
"No fixed abode." "Sorry, we can't help you with a job."
本剧根据布莱恩·马斯特斯所著《杀人解寥》
和相关研究及个人叙述改编
来寻找工作或新生活的年轻人队伍
There's a growing army of younger people
日益庞大
looking for work or a new life.
他们需要的是一个安全的家和一份工作
What they need is a secure home and a job,
但他们往往两者皆不可得
But often, they're denied either.
他们发现的第一件事就是
The first thing that they find
伦敦并不像电视里那样光鲜亮丽
is that London isn't what it appears to be on television.
剧中部分人名为化名
部分情节和角色为戏剧化效果而创作
他们大多人都刻意切断与过去的所有联♥系♥
They've often deliberately cut all links with the past,
这使得他们成为罪犯或骗子
and this makes them an easy target
倾向于下手的目标
for exploitation by criminals or conmen.
这里变得越来越暴♥力♥
It's an increasingly violent place,
特别对年轻人来说
particularly for young people.
丹斯
第一季 第一集
你好 请进
Oh, hi. Come in.
-谢谢 -亲爱的 提莉来了
- Thank you. - Love, Tilly's here.
-这边走 -谢谢
- Just through here. - Thanks.
彼得 抱歉一大早就过来
Hey, Peter. Sorry to come so early.
稍等 马上就好
Er, just... give me two secs.
给你
There we go.
他们说应该带板球护具
They said there should be some cricket pads.
现在是二月
Well, it's February.
孩子们到夏季学期才需要板球护具
The boys won't need them till the summer term.
我肯定在那之前就会跟他们见面
I'm gonna see them before then, surely.
我去拿吧
Let me get them.
抱歉 彼得
I'm sorry, Peter.
不是你的错
It's not your fault.
谢谢 打扰你们了 再次道歉
Thanks. Sorry again for the intrusion.
提莉 等等
Till, hang on a minute.
听着 我...
Look, I...
我知道你是卡萝尔的好友 想尽力帮她
..I know you're trying to be a good friend to Carol,
我不希望你夹在中间 左右为难
and I don't want you to get in the middle.
但不能一直这样下去
But... it can't keep going on like this.
太荒唐了
It's crazy.
不管我和她之间发生了什么
Whatever happened between me and her,
都与孩子们无关
the boys have got nothing to do with it.
拜托了
Please.
我很想他们
I miss 'em.
我会跟她谈谈
I'll speak to her.
谢谢你
Thank you.
早上好
Morning.
-昨晚有情况吗 -不多
- Anything on the overnight? - Not much.
伍德格林又发生了一起入室盗窃 但没别的了
Another burglary in Wood Green, but that's about it.
有目击者吗
Any witnesses?
半小时前才报的警 老大
It was only called in half an hour ago, guv.
你回家路上能顺便去录口供吗
Can you take a statement on your way home?
-老大回来了吗 -嗯
- The boss in? - Yep.
-老大 -什么事
- Guv? - Yeah?
史蒂夫打来
Steve called.
他们在麦斯威山发现了疑似人体残骸
They've found suspected human remains in Muswell Hill.
-在下水道里 -残骸
- In a drain. - Remains?
他是这么说的
That's what he said.
-他给你地址了吗 -嗯 克兰利花♥园♥23号♥
- Did he give you an address? - Yeah, said 23 Cranley Gardens.
好 如果他再打来 告诉他我正赶过去
OK. If he calls again, tell him I'm on my way.
-你不是说你要不干了吗 -是的
- I thought you were giving up. - I am.
是卡特兰先生报的警
Mr Cattran called this in.
-你好 -你好吗
- All right? - How do you do?
我刚才正跟警官说 昨晚我被叫来
I was telling the officer, I was called here last night
因为发生了堵塞 本来还有很多残骸
because of a blockage. There was a lot more,
但我今早回来时发现没了
but when I got back this morning, it had gone.
-会不会是自己冲下去了 -不可能
- Could it have unblocked itself? - No way.
得伸手进去才能掏干净
You'd have to get in there and clear it by hand.
还有 一名一楼租客
Plus, one of the ground floor tenants
昨晚听见有人在这附近翻找什么
heard someone rooting around here last night.
你知道大概堵到多高位置吗
Do you know how far the blockage goes up?
差不多大楼一半高度 但中间的公♥寓♥没人住
About halfway. But the middle flat's unoccupied,
所以一定是从顶层公♥寓♥冲下来的
so it must have come from the top floor flat.
他就是昨晚以为这些是炸鸡骨头的人
He's the one that reckoned it was KFC last night.
但这一定是人体残骸吧
That has to be human, right?
-谢谢你 卡特兰先生 -这就完事了吗
- Thank you, Mr Cattran. - That it?
我们会联♥系♥你来局里录口供
Er, we'll contact you to come down the station for a statement.
好的
Right.
他是不是还想获得一枚奖章啊
Do you think he wanted a medal?
你有什么想法
What do you reckon?
先送去做病理鉴定
Well, let's get them down to pathology,
证实是人体组织
confirm they're human.
-他在家吗 -据说去上班了
- Is he home? - At work, apparently.
肯特镇的就业中心
The Job Centre in Kentish Town.
你想怎么做
What do you want to do?
-我们就等着吧 -好
- Well, I guess we wait. - Aye.
我就知道你会这么说
I knew you were gonna say that.
-丹尼斯·尼尔森吗 -什么事
- Dennis Nilsen? - All right?
我是彼得·杰高级督察
My name is Detective Chief Inspector Peter Jay
这位是史蒂夫·麦卡斯克督察
and this is Detective Inspector Steve McCusker.
我们想跟你聊聊你的下水道
We'd like to talk to you about your drains.
警♥察♥什么时候开始对下水道有兴趣了
Since when are the police interested in drains?
我们上楼详谈吧
Let's talk about that upstairs, shall we?
行吧
All right.
到底是什么事
What's this about?
外面的下水道里发现了人体残骸
Human remains have been found in the drains outside.
好吧
Right.
进来吧
Come on in.
没事 她很友好的
Don't worry, she's very friendly.
行了 别糊弄我了
Right, don't muck me about.
剩余的尸体在哪
Where's the rest of the body?
在柜子里
In the cupboard.
丹尼斯·尼尔森 我以涉嫌谋杀的罪名逮捕你
Dennis Nilsen, I'm arresting you on the suspicion of murder.
如非自愿 你可以保持沉默
You do not have to say anything, unless you wish to do so,
但你所说的任何话都可能成为呈堂证供
but what you do say may be given in evidence.
病理专家来之前别让任何人上去
Don't let anyone up there until the pathologist gets here.
到底有一具尸体还是两具
So, are we talking about one body or two?
十五六具吧 我估计
15 or 16... I think.
现在什么情况
So, what do we know?
至少一名受害者
At least one victim.
在他柜子里垃圾桶的袋子里发现了部分残骸
Partial remains found in a bin liner in his cupboard.
从尸身来看是名年轻男性
Young male, judging by the torso.
就那屋里的气味 我觉得之前还有过不少
Going by the smell in the flat, I'd say there were a lot more.
没有明确的证据表明有16具尸体 对吧
There's no actual evidence of 16 bodies, is there?
要到早上才能知道 里面太潮湿了
It's off limits till morning. Too damp.
我们已经封锁了现场
We've secured the scene,
但要是太早进去还是有污染证据的风险
but apparently we risk contamination if we go in too early.
他在车里说的话挺像那么回事的 头儿
What he was saying in the car was pretty convincing, guv.
你在车里为什么要跟他说话
Why were you talking to him in the car?
-我... -万一他说是被逼供的呢
- I was... - What if he says that confession was given under duress?
如果他说的是真的
If he's telling the truth,
我们会一下子成为全世界的焦点
we're gonna have the eyes of the world on us.
从现在起 一切得照规矩来
We have to do this by the book from now on.
我们得让他说出尸体身份才能起诉他
We need him to identify the remains before we can charge him.
你怎么想
What do you reckon?
我觉得得用怀柔之道
I think we're gonna get a lot more
才能得到更多信息 强硬手段没用
bees with honey than with vinegar.