Because the public pious aftercare comes too late.
一切都结束以后 这世上的丹斯·尼尔森们
And when this is all over, the Des Nilsens,
史蒂芬·辛克莱尔们
and the Stephen Sinclairs
和马丁·达菲们还是在
and the Martyn Duffeys of this world
默默无闻地独自挣扎求存
will still stagger along, unnoticed and alone,
因为这个社会对死者比
because society is more interested in death
对活着的人更关注
than it is in life.
你提到的这些人
These people that you mention...
跟肯尼斯·奥肯顿不一样
they weren't Kenneth Ockenden.
你自己说的
You say so yourself.
那你为什么要杀了肯尼斯·奥肯顿
So what was it that made you kill Kenneth Ockenden?
他...
He was...
他们都是我喜欢的类型
They were all my type.
就这么简单
Simple as that?
我曾把一个年轻人勒到断气又淹在水里
I once strangled and drowned a young man.
之后 他躺在床上
And then, when he was lying on the bed,
我发现卜丽普在舔他的脸 他还活着
I noticed Bleep licking his face. He was still alive.
于是我救醒了他
So I resuscitated him.
他醒来时非常困惑
And he was very confused when he came to,
不知道发生了什么事
he didn't know what had happened.
他在我家待了几天 我一直在照顾他
And he was there for days, me taking care of him.
然后 他恢复了可以离开了
And then, when he was well enough to leave,
我带他去了海格特站
I took him up to Highgate Station
我们还约好
and we arranged to meet again,
下周再见
the week after.
但一周过去了
Well, the week after came and went,
他再也没有出现
and he never came back.
也许就该让他待在我公♥寓♥里
Perhaps he should've stayed in my flat.
想到他们要离开激发了你杀人的冲动
The thought of them leaving triggered the impulse?
人人都会离开
Everybody leaves.
朋友 同事 男友
Friends, colleagues, boyfriends,
他们最终都消失了
they all disappear eventually.
我爷爷 我的大英雄和守护者
My grandfather, my great hero and protector,
是我唯一爱过的人
was the only person that I ever loved.
看到我爷爷躺在棺材里...
Seeing my grandfather in that box...
我所有问题都是从那时开始的
..All my troubles started there.
那永远地摧毁了我的人格
See, it blighted my personality permanently.
所以我才做出这些事
That's why I did all these things.
还因为我酗酒和听那些音乐
That and the booze and the music.
这一切将我带进疯狂的幻想中
It whipped me up into a sort of frenzied fantasy,
引出了恶魔和黑暗面
that brought the devil and the darkness.
但除此之外 我是人畜无害的
But without that, I'm harmless.
不 丹斯 轮不到你来
No, Des, no. It is not your place
分♥析♥你做这些事的客观原因
to make objective reasons why you did these things.
特别是用这种伪逻辑
Especially with this spurious logic.
那该由谁来分♥析♥ 你吗
Whose place is it then? Is it yours?
不 这本书不能是
No, this book cannot be a subjective
你人生和行为的主观剖析
look at your life and your actions.
我们两人都必须保持客观
We both of us, we must remain objective.
如果说能学到什么教训
And if there are any lessons to be learned,
那也是由读者来决定 不是由我们
it is up to the reader to decide, not us.
这些反思和臆测也许对你有帮助
All these ruminations and hypotheses might be helpful to you,
但这并不是一切的答案
but... it can't be the end of the road.
这不是我来这里的目的
That's not what I'm here for.
布莱恩 你能帮我个忙吗
Brian, would you do me a kindness?
我想知道我的狗怎么样了
I need to find out about my dog.
你能帮我这个忙吗
Could you do that for me?
好 我会想办法
Yes, I'll see what I can do.
彼得 你得来看看这个
Peter. Gotta come and see this.
-布莱恩 -老大
- Brian? - Guv.
我们从《指南》提取到的部分指纹不是尼尔森的
We've got a partial print off the A-Z which ain't Nilsen's.
看起来是奥肯顿的
Looks like Ockenden's.
你确定吗
You sure?
右手大拇指
你的直觉太厉害了 老大
Hell of a hunch, Guv.
-谢谢 -彼得 这位是洛克伍德总警司
- Thank you. - Peter, this is Commander Lockwood.
-你认识罗素的 -很高兴认识您 长官
- You know Russell. - Good to meet you, sir.
彼得 我想恭喜你
Peter, I'd like to congratulate you.
虽然我们一开始都抱持合理的怀疑态度
Although we were all understandably sceptical at first,
但查出奥肯顿算是让警队卸下了一个重担
Ockenden is a huge weight off this force.
谢谢 长官 这案子不容易侦破
Thank you, sir. It wasn't the easiest one for us,
但说明我们有进展了
but it shows we're getting through it.
显然我们不可能一直查下去
Well, obviously these things can't last forever.
高层觉得确认出奥肯顿的身份
And upstairs feel that confirming Ockenden
代表能让此案告一段落了
is a natural place to wrap things up.
所以 他们做出了决定
Therefore, a decision has been made.
我们准备起诉他犯下六起谋杀
We're going to charge him with six murders
结束调查
and bring the investigation to a close.
长官 恕我直言 这是个错误
Sir... if I may, I think this is a mistake.
我们有多条线索 肯定还有更多受害者
We have leads which I'm sure will bring us more names.
一个叫莱丝莉·米德的女人给我们提供了信息
A woman called Lesley Mead has come forward.
-我们怀疑她的前男友可能是受害者 -督察
- We suspect her ex-partner might be a victim... - Detective.
光是你们小队的加班费就花了我们不少钱
We have spent a fortune on your team's overtime alone.
六起谋杀 他这辈子别想出来了
Six murders. He never gets out.
起诉他犯下六起谋杀就是个笑话
Charging him with six is a joke...
-彼得 -但是老大...
- Peter. - But Guv...
已经作出决定了
The decision has been made.
长官 容我直言
Please, sir, if I may.
如果我们现在停止
There are at least nine families
至少有九个家庭永远得不到了结
who will never get closure if we stop now.
再给些时间 我们一定能把15名受害人都查出来
We just need more time and we'll find all 15, I'm sure of it.
但我们都不确定他真的杀了15个人 对吗
But we're not even sure he killed 15, are we?
现在他不再跟我们交流了
And now that he's stopped talking to us,
或许我们永远都不会知道
perhaps we'll never know.
不 你和你的队员该放下此案了 彼得
No. It's time for you and your team to move on, Peter.
你们的家人见到你们一定会很高兴
I'm sure your families will be very happy to see you.
大家能听我说几句吗
Can I, erm... can I have everybody's attention?
伦敦警厅刚下令要我们停止调查
Scotland Yard have just given the order to shut us down
并起诉他犯下我们已查到的六起谋杀
and to charge him with the six we've got.
我无法形容我对这支队伍有多自豪
I can't tell you how proud I am of this team.
还有和对过去四个月来
And of the work that we've done
我们共同做出的成绩
together over the past four months.
我们查到的六起谋杀...
The six we found...
这种警♥察♥工作
Well, that's the kind of police work
不是坐在办公室就能做到的
you can't just do from behind a desk.
你们为自己增光 为彼此增光
You're a credit to yourselves... and each other.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
警方在37岁的公务员尼尔森
Nilsen, a 37-year-old civil servant,
位于北伦敦的两个住所均发现人体残骸后
was arrested and charged after human remains were discovered
将其逮捕并提出指控
at two properties in North London.
现在他即将受到审判
He has now been committed to trial
因为犯下六起谋杀和两起谋杀未遂
for six charges of murder and two attempted murders.
这名前警♥察♥将在本周晚些时候出庭
The former police officer is due to appear in court later this week,
预计到时他将承认所有罪名
where he is expected to plead guilty on all charges.
彼得
Peter.
史蒂夫
Steve!
-你要喝点什么吗 -不用了 谢谢
- Can I get you anything? - No, I'm fine. Thank you.
-我就不打扰你们了 -谢谢 亲爱的
- I'll leave you to it. - Thanks, love.
-你最近好吗 -还行
- How have you been? - Yeah, not bad.
-你带什么来了 -是尼尔森一案
- What have you got? - It's about the Nilsen case.
在克兰利花♥园♥找到的残骸中
Of the remains found in Cranley Gardens,
其中一块颌骨 在下巴两侧
one of the jaw bones had scars
都有裂痕 是骨折造成的
on both sides of the jaw due to a fracture.
坐下 哥们
Take a seat, mate.
格雷厄姆·埃伦干架时被打伤过下颌 记录里有
Graham Allen had his jaw broke in a fight. It's in his record.
那不意味着一定是埃伦
That doesn't necessarily mean it's Allen.
所以鲍恩去了埃伦的牙科医生那
So, Bowen goes to Allen's odontologist.
发现了一副他没有去拿的假牙
Finds a denture that he had made, but never picked up.
和下巴吻合
It fit the jaw.
格雷厄姆·埃伦是克兰利花♥园♥的第三个受害者
Graham Allen is the third victim of Cranley Gardens.
他那天来的时候
When he came round to the house that day...