你还告诉大家说 你和他在酒吧相识时
You also told us that when you met him in the pub
被告自我介绍说他叫丹尼斯
the defendant introduced himself to you as Dennis.
-对 -还有当你们回到他家里
- Yeah. - And that when you got to his house
接着喝酒时
to continue your drinking session together,
他给你伏特加
he offered you vodka.
是这样
That's right.
遗憾的是 这些都不是真的 对不对
Unfortunately, none of these things are true, are they?
被告的名字的确可能是丹尼斯
The defendant's first name may be Dennis
但他一向自称为丹斯
but he always calls himself Des.
他一向喝朗姆酒 而不是伏特加
He always drinks rum, not vodka,
而且梅尔罗斯大道的房♥子
and there is no number plate
也没有门牌号♥
on the house at Melrose Avenue.
从来都没有
There never has been.
我也说不清 我觉得有吧
I dunno, I thought there was.
可你之前好像非常肯定啊
Mm, but you seemed so sure of the details before.
这可能是什么原因呢
And why might that be?
为什么有人要特意
Why might someone go to the trouble
在自己的证词里添加
of furnishing their testimony
很多特定的
with a great deal of specific detail
凭空捏造的细节呢
that seems to be pulled from thin air?
我认为 斯图尔特先生
I put it to you, Mr Stewart,
你在本庭上所做的证词
that your testimony to this court
是彻头彻尾的谎言
is nothing more than a pack of lies,
只是编出来给八卦小报用的
dreamt up to satisfy a tabloid newspaper.
斯图尔特先生
Well, Mr Stewart?
你把你的事卖♥♥给报社了吗
Have you sold your story?
是的
Er... Y... Yes.
没有其它问题了 法官大人
No further questions, my Lord.
他怎么敢这样
How dare he!
穿着那件可笑的西装站在那
Standing up there in that ridiculous suit,
顺嘴喷出那些谎话
spouting those lies.
那你是说道格拉斯·斯图尔特是在撒谎了
So you're saying that Douglas Stewart is lying?
你并没有想要杀了他
That you didn't try and kill him?
不 我是想杀他 但不是他说的那样
Yes, I did. But not as he described it.
重点是绝对的真♥相♥ 布莱恩
This is about absolute truth, Brian.
必须得这样 否则我们就没办法找到答案了
It has to be, otherwise we don't get any answers.
你不会真的认为
You cannot possibly believe
你对他做的是情有可原的吧
that what you put him through out there was justified.
你这么激动干什么
What are you getting so agitated about?
我在为你的书创作精彩的尾声啊
I'm giving you a wonderful final act for your book.
如同你说的那样 布莱恩
Like you said about the book, Brian,
我们不能去做主观的决定
it's not up to us to make subjective decisions.
我们必须保持客观
We have to remain objective in all of this.
因此 应该是陪审团来决定
Thus, it is up to the jury to decide
我到底只是坏...
whether I'm just bad...
还是不可救药地坏
or outrageously bad.
庭上见吧 谢谢
See you back in chambers. Thank you.
你知道他把自己的事卖♥♥给媒体了吗
Did you know he'd sold his story to the press?
我当然不知道
Course I didn't!
幸好法官没有
We're lucky the judge
把他的证词从记录中删掉
didn't strike his testimony from the record.
没那么严重吧
It can't have harmed us that much, right?
斯图尔特已经没有可信度了 他的证词没用了
Stewart's credibility is gone, his testimony is now useless.
我们麻烦大了
We're in a lot of trouble.
我们肯定还有足够的证据
Surely we still have enough?
我们有领带
I mean, we have the tie
连着绳结 还有达菲的刀
with the knotted rope, and Duffey's knives.
这一切都能证明是蓄意谋杀
All those show premeditation to murder.
彼得 物证都很充分有力
Peter, physical evidence is all very good and well,
但也都是间接证据
but it's also circumstantial.
我们本来有目击证人 幸存者
We had an eye witness, a survivor,
现在没了 我们显然不堪一击
and without that, we're significantly weaker.
抱歉
Sorry.
你好 卡尔
Hello, Carl.
我能进来吗
Can I come in?
你最近好吗
How have you been?
往事不断浮现在我眼前
Things keep coming back to me.
什么样的往事
What kind of things?
他说他喜欢我的鞋
He said he liked my shoes.
谢谢
Thank you.
医生说这都是噩梦 因为
The doctor said it was all nightmares, caused...
我跟某个前任相处得不愉快
I'd had a bit of a hard time with an ex of mine.
他们甚至让我吃药来封锁记忆
They even put me on tablets to block everything out.
听着 卡尔
Listen, Carl, um...
庭审并没有像我们希望的那样顺利
..The trial isn't going how we'd hoped.
我们觉得你的证词可能会很重要
We think your testimony could be crucial.
但我已经录过口供了
But I've already given my statement.
那人说这样就够了
The man said that would be enough.
我知道 但我们需要你上庭作证
I know, but we need you to give it in court.
什么 他也在庭上吗
What, with him there?
-你不用靠近他 -不 我做不到
- You wouldn't have to be close to him... - No, I can't.
-卡尔 -他曾试图杀死我 杰先生
- Carl... - He killed me, Mr Jay.
然后他又把我救醒了
And then he... brought me back to life.
我无法想象你的经历 卡尔
I can't imagine what you've been through, Carl.
我真的想象不出来
I really can't.
但请相信我
But please believe me,
如果他被轻判了 你会不得安宁
if he gets a lesser sentence, you'll find no peace.
对不起 我无法
I'm sorry. I can't...
跟他共处一室
..be in the same room as him.
我不能回忆那一切
I can't go back there.
不管怎样他们都会传唤你出庭
Then they'll subpoena you anyway.
他们会强迫你作证
You'll be forced to testify.
所以我别无选择吗
So I don't have a choice?
我向万能的上帝发誓 我所提供的证词
I swear by Almighty God that the evidence I shall give
全部属实
shall be the truth, the whole truth
绝无虚言
and nothing by the truth.
斯托特先生 你能否讲述一下
Could you recount, Mr Stottor,
你在1982年4月的那个晚上
the events of that night in April 1982,
遇到被告时发生的事
when you met the defendant?
比如 你是在哪里遇到尼尔森先生的
Where, for example, did you meet Mr Nilsen?
在卡姆登的黑帽酒吧
In The Black Cap, Camden.
我当时心情不好
I was depressed.
刚刚跟人分手
I'd just broken up with someone.
请大声点 斯托特先生
Speak up, please, Mr Stottor.
他对我很友善
He was nice to me.
是怎样的友善
In what sense was he nice?
他请我喝酒
He bought me drinks.
询问我的家庭情况
Er... He asked me about my family.
他问了你有家人吗
He asked if you had family?
是的 然后他请我回他的公♥寓♥喝酒
Yes, and then he invited me back to his flat for a drink.
我们喝了很多 然后他说
Um... We just drank a lot and then he said
我可以在他的床上睡觉
I could go to sleep on his bed.
然后他提醒我不要被
And then he warned me not to get caught
睡袋的拉链夹住
in the zip of the sleeping bag.
你觉得这是为什么
Why do you think that was?
是否可能因为他为防止你意外逃脱
Was it perhaps because he was planning an alibi
-给自己留后路 -反对 法官阁下 诱导证人
- in case you managed to escape? - Objection, my Lord. Leading.
反对有效
Sustained.
告诉我们接下来发生了什么
Tell us what happened next.
我醒来后觉得无法呼吸
I woke up and I couldn't breathe.
他就在我后面而且
He was behind me and...
我能感觉到有东西勒紧了我的脖子
I could feel something digging into my neck.
越勒越紧
The pressure got worse...
我疼得受不了
and the pain was unbearable.
我什么都看不见
I couldn't see,
也无法说话或吞咽
or speak, or swallow.
但我可以听见他说"别动"
And I could hear him saying, "Keep still".
然后我发现我在水里
The next thing I knew, I was in water.
在浴缸里 被一次一次地按进水里
In a bath. Being pushed down. Again and again.
我不知道自己在哪里 发生了什么事
And I didn't know where I was or what was happening.