biographer to the murderer of the century.
你看到外面的媒体了吗
Did you see the press outside?
老天 他们未来几周的头条都有了
Jesus, they'll have headlines for weeks.
把这案子当腐肉一样大快朵颐
Revelling in the case, like carrion.
今天有家报纸的头条是
One of the papers today had the headline
《恐怖屋之审讯日》
"House Of Horrors - The Trial."
我唯一见过的"恐怖屋"
The only "house of horrors" I've ever seen
是在唐宁街十号♥[英国首相官邸]is Number Ten Downing Street.
-报纸上还提到了你 -我看到了
- They mention you an' all. - Yes, I saw.
是吗 在全国性报纸上被人谈论是什么感觉
Yeah? How do you feel, being talked about in a national newspaper?
你找我有事吗
You wanted to see me?
嗯 他们把我的西装带来了 但没有领带
Aye. They've brought me my suit, but no tie.
把你的借我用用吧
Come on, let me borrow yours.
好吧
Right.
我知道这是不情之请 但穿开领衬衫
I know it's an ask, but an open-necked shirt
不是我想在庭审第一天
isn't the kind of impression I want to give out
展现出来的形象
on the first day of the trial.
行 我到时候交给警卫
Right. I'll leave it with the guard.
你真是我的救星
My saviour.
我一开始有十五条领带
I started out with 15 ties,
现在警方都纳为证物了
but now the police have them all in evidence.
陪审团的各位成员 将被要求
You, the members of the jury, will be asked
判定被告在杀人时的心理状态
to ascertain this man's state of mind at the time of the killings
并最终决定
and to decide, as a result,
他是谋杀了六名年轻男子
if he is guilty of the murder of six innocent young men,
还是仅仅为过失杀人
or merely of their manslaughter.
被告对尼尔森先生杀害这些男子的事实并无异议
That Mr Nilsen killed these men is not contested by the defence.
但辩方称
They will argue, however,
他在犯罪之时丧失了理智
that he was out of his mind when he committed his crimes,
所以不应该被追究责任
and that he cannot be held truly accountable.
但我要证明尼尔森先生
But I intend to prove that Mr Nilsen
不但清楚自己的行为
not only knew what he was doing,
而且他犯罪都是经过预谋和精心筹划的
but that these crimes were premeditated and carefully planned.
他引诱了十五位无辜的年轻男子到他家
He lured 15 innocent young men back to his home,
之后残忍♥地杀害了他们
before cruelly murdering them.
尼尔森先生不是什么疯子
Mr Nilsen is no madman.
他十分聪明 且理智清醒
He is intelligent and rational,
具备掩盖犯罪事实的手段
possessing the skills to conceal his crimes,
同时还会操控周围的人
and manipulate those around him.
简而言之
He is, in short,
他是个富有经验 诡计多端的杀人犯
an experienced and calculating killer.
我在丹尼斯·尼尔森被逮捕后
I have spent a total of 14 hours with Dennis Nilsen,
分十六次诊疗了他 共十四小时
on 16 separate occasions since his arrest.
-哈迪医生 你是精神科法医对吗 -是的
- You are a forensic psychiatrist, Dr Hardy? - Correct.
请你告知法庭 在诊疗被告多次期间
Could you share with the court the clinical evaluation
你对他的临床评价
you made of the defendant during these many meetings?
比如说 你是否发现
Did you find, for example,
他有任何的精神异常
any evidence of mental abnormality?
恰恰相反 诊疗刚开始
Quite the reverse. I formed the impression very quickly
我就认为他智商很高
that he was a highly intelligent man.
在我看来 尼尔森有着极其理智的头脑
In my view, Nilsen possesses an extremely rational mind.
他有很强的感受能力
He is capable of feeling very deeply
并能掩饰自己的感情
and concealing these feelings
以维持表面的波澜不惊
in order to preserve appearances.
谢谢 没有问题了 法官大人
Thank you. No further questions, my Lord.
丹尼斯·尼尔森无缘无故地
Dennis Nilsen killed perhaps 15 young men,
杀害了十五名左右年轻男性
for no apparent reason.
他保存他们的尸体 并给他们洗澡更衣
He kept their bodies, bathed and dressed them,
和他们一起看电视节目
watched television programmes with them,
还与他们交流节目内容
conversed with them about those programmes.
你还说没有发现他有精神障碍
You say you find no evidence of mental disturbance.
当然 勒人不是什么正常行为
Of course strangling people is not normal behaviour.
在尼尔森被保释候审期间
While Nilsen was on remand,
他对自己在赫恩山监狱受到的待遇
he made a series of protests and complaints
提出了一系列的抗♥议♥和投诉
about his treatment in Her Majesty's Prison Herne Hill.
这难道不是
Would you not agree
患有妄想症倾向的表现吗
that this shows markedly paranoid tendencies?
在某些情况下也许是的
Perhaps. In some cases.
而在本案
And in this case, in fact,
他的行为变得极端无常
his behaviour became so extreme, so erratic,
最近 还认定他具有自杀风险
that he was recently put down as a suicide risk.
哈迪医生 你能告诉我们
Could you tell us, Dr Hardy,
这是哪位精神病医生建议的处理方式
who the psychiatrist was who recommended this step?
是我
I did.
所以说 你是否认同
So, would you not agree
有自杀风险的人 其实是
that someone at risk of suicide is, by definition,
患有精神障碍
suffering a mental disorder?
严格来说 是这样没错
I suppose, in strict terms, that is true.
谢谢 没有问题了 法官大人
Thank you. No further questions, my Lord.
米德小姐
Miss Mead?
他们在利用格雷厄姆的遭遇
They're using what happened to Graham,
还公之于众
making it all public,
但他却得不到公道
but he doesn't get justice?
我懂
I know.
是这样 他的案子
Look, there are certain details
有一些细节是可以...
about his case that can...
你们当时根本就不在乎他死活
You didn't give a shit about him
你们觉得他就是个毒虫 在某个偷住的房♥子
when you thought he was just a junkie who OD'd
或是出租间吸毒过量致死
in a squat or a bedsit somewhere.
现在你们却要提起每一个细节
But now, you're gonna bring up every little detail.
对不起
I'm sorry.
不 你才不抱歉
No, you're not.
你♥他♥妈♥知道你让我经历了什么吗
Do you have any fucking idea what you've put me through?
而且都没人为他伸张正义
And he won't even get justice?
你们这些人关心的
All you lot care about
就只是丹尼斯·尼尔森是你们抓到的
is you're the people that caught Dennis Nilsen.
彼得 要开庭了
Peter. We're back in.
斯图尔特先生
So, Mr Stewart,
和他在金狮酒吧认识以后
after meeting him in the Golden Lion,
尼尔森先生提出你们俩一起回他的住处
Mr Nilsen suggested that you both go back to his residence
-接着喝酒 -是的
- to continue drinking? - That's right.
梅尔罗斯大道195号♥ 我记得非常清楚
195 Melrose Avenue. I remember it very clearly.
-那接下来呢 -我们喝了一两杯啤酒
- And what happened next? - We had a couple more pints.
他让我喝伏特加 但我说"我喝不惯这个"
He offered me vodka but I said, "It's not my drink".
然后他叫我和他上♥床♥
Then he asked me to go to bed with him.
我说我也不好这口
I said that wasn't my thing either.
于是我就在沙发上睡着了
So I fell asleep on the sofa.
我醒了过来 一定是几个小时以后了
I woke up, must have been a few hours later,
我的脚踝被领带给捆住了
and my ankles were tied together with a tie.
尼尔森跪在我胸口 想要勒死我
Nilsen was kneeling on my chest, trying to strangle me.
但我挣脱了
But I fought him off.
我是不会那么轻易任人宰割的
I wasn't going down without a fight.
他对你的反抗有什么反应
How did he respond to that?
他开始喊叫
He started shouting,
"把我的钱拿走吧 把我的钱拿走吧"
"Take my money, take my money!"
声音很大
Really loud, like.
但你并没有拿他的钱
But you weren't stealing from him?
他好像是想让邻居们觉得
Seemed like he was trying to make the neighbours think
是他遭到了攻击
he was being attacked himself.
他是想要给自己伪造不在场证明
He was trying to create an alibi.
这可不像脑子有问题的人干的
Hardly the act of a man out of his mind.
谢谢你 斯图尔特先生 没有问题了 法官大人
Thank you, Mr Stewart. No further questions, my Lord.
在你的警方笔录里 斯图尔特先生
In your police statement, Mr Stewart,
你说你留下来和尼尔森又喝了一杯
you said you stayed for another drink with Nilsen.
在他所谓要杀了你之后 和他又喝了一杯
Another drink, after he allegedly tried to kill you?
我觉得那样才能让他平静下来
Well, I thought that was the best way to calm him down.
明白了
I see.
你刚才提到
You mentioned earlier
你记得看见过梅尔罗斯大道195号♥这个地址
that you remembered seeing the address as 195 Melrose Avenue.
你是怎么记得这么清楚的
How did you remember the address so clearly?
我看见门上的号♥码了
I saw the number on the door.