然后我喝了几口水
And I swallowed water.
我反抗不了 我觉得
I couldn't resist any more and I realised...
自己要死了
that I was dying.
谢谢你 斯托特先生
Thank you, Mr Stottor.
我问完了 法官阁下
No further questions, my Lord.
斯托特先生 你还有另一个身份 对吗
You have an alter-ego, Mr Stottor, do you not?
卡拉·勒·福克斯
Khara Le Fox.
异性舞者
A drag act.
你是男扮女装的
You're a female impersonator.
我曾经是 对
I used to be, yes.
法庭明确要求你 斯托特先生
You've already been asked, Mr Stottor,
为了法庭程序
if you could speak up
请你大声回答
for the benefit of the court?
对
Yes.
但是
But...
自从那次袭击之后 我不能再唱歌♥了
since the attack, I'm not able to sing any more.
而且你和好几位男性有过关系
And you had several relationships with men,
包括一个施暴的前男友
including one which became abusive.
所以你和尼尔森的那一晚
Your night with Nilsen was, therefore,
不是你第一次遭遇同性暴♥力♥行为
not your first violent homosexual encounter...
法官大人 我必须反对这类问询
My Lord, I must object to this line of questioning.
非正常遭遇的历史
A history of deviant encounters
说明这可能只是出格的性♥爱♥游戏 大人
raises the possibility of a sex game gone wrong, my Lord.
反对无效 继续 劳伦斯先生
Sustained. Move on, Mr Lawrence.
那么 你能否告诉我们 斯托特先生
Now, could you tell us, Mr Stottor,
你进了浴缸之后是从哪里醒来的
where you woke up after you had been in the bath?
在床上
On the bed.
在床上 那房♥间是温暖还是寒冷的
On the bed. And was the room warm or cold?
温暖的
Warm.
尼尔森开了暖气 对吧
Nilsen had heated the room, had he not?
他把电暖开到了最大
He had put on all the bars on the electric fire.
对 应该是的
Yes, I suppose so.
你醒来之后多久才离开公♥寓♥
And how long after you woke up did you leave the flat?
我一直昏昏沉沉的 所以可能有一两天
Well, I kept falling asleep, so maybe one or two days.
一两天 尼尔森有监禁你吗
One or two days. Did Nilsen keep you under duress?
没有 但我十分困惑
No, but I was very confused...
而且身体很疼痛
and also in a lot of pain.
他有没有在你想离开的时候
Did he, in fact, walk you
把你送到了地铁站
to the Tube station when you wanted to go?
是的
Yes.
这个被认为是冷酷又精于算计的杀手
This supposedly cold and calculating killer,
有杀死他的很多机会
with every opportunity to finish the job,
而他让你在温暖的床上睡了几天
instead let you sleep in a warm bed for days,
再把你安全送回家
before seeing you home safely.
事实上 除了这次意外以外
In fact, aside from the incident itself,
他那天晚上对你的关怀和体贴
did he not show you more care and kindness that evening
是你很久以来没有从身边人身上得到过的吧
than anyone else in your life had done for a very long time?
对
Yes.
这也是我不理解的地方
That's what I can't understand.
他是我的谋杀者还是我的救赎者
Is he my murderer or my saviour?
真是太奇怪了
How peculiar that is.
没有别的问题了 大人
No further questions, my Lord.
你可以下去了 斯托特先生
You may step down, Mr Stottor.
你在里面做的很好
You did really well in there.
听着 卡尔
Listen, Carl...
我现在想回家
I want to go home now.
他应该杀了你的 娘们
He should have killed you, you queer!
杰先生
Mr Jay...
我觉得我欠你一个道歉
I feel I owe you an apology.
你是对的
You were right.
他没有疯
He's not insane.
他清楚地知道他在干什么
He knew exactly what he was doing.
不管是以前还是现在
As much then as he does now.
督察 你有信心吗
Detective, are you confident?
你觉得你会为受害者伸张正义吗 督察
Do you think you'll get justice for the victims, Detective?
在后面几天你长时间审讯了他
In the following days you interviewed him at length.
对吗
Is that correct?
对 我们审讯了他31个小时
Yes, we interviewed him for a total of 31 hours.
在这31小时中
And in those 31 hours,
尼尔森先生有没有提到过是幻觉或是幻听
did Mr Nilsen ever mention visions or voices in his head
-告诉他去犯罪的 -没有
- telling him to commit his crimes? - No.
他有没有任何
Did he ever show any signs at all
精神错乱
of being out of his mind, so to speak,
或精神不正常的迹象
or mentally unwell in any way?
没有 其实恰恰相反
No. Quite the opposite, in fact.
他看起来...很平静
He seemed... calm.
坦然 有自控力
Collected. In control.
-不像是疯子 -是的
- Hardly a madman. - No.
侦缉总督察杰
Detective Chief Inspector Jay,
你能否告诉当庭
could you please tell the court,
你当了多久的警♥察♥
for how long have you been a police officer?
快23年了
Almost 23 years.
基于这些年的经验
And based on those years of experience,
你对丹尼斯·尼尔森的专业评价是什么
what is your professional opinion of Dennis Nilsen?
我见过各式各样的罪犯
I've seen criminals in all shapes and sizes.
他们在还押候审的时候
When they're on remand,
会请求让各种人拜访
they ask to be visited by all sorts of people,
神父 拉比 伊玛目
priests, rabbis, imams.
甚至还有个人想见萨满
I even had a fella who asked for a shaman.
因为大多数人只是想得到宽恕
Because most of them are just wanting forgiveness.
尼尔森先生在候审的八个月里唯一见过的
Mr Nilsen's only visitor in the eight months whilst he was on remand
是一位传记作者
was a biographer.
在我看来 他是个残忍♥的懦夫
In my opinion, he's a remorseless coward
在无辜 脆弱的人睡觉的时候杀死他们
who killed innocent and vulnerable men as they slept.
谢谢你 总督察
Thank you, Detective Chief Inspector.
没有问题了 法官大人
No further questions, my Lord.
总督察
Detective Chief Inspector,
你说你审问了尼尔森31小时 是吗
you say you interviewed Nilsen for 31 hours, yes?
是的
That's right.
在他被审问期间 他滔滔不绝的话语中
In all that time of him talking almost incessantly,
究竟是否有他曾谋划过这些谋杀的证据
did he ever mention planning the murders at all?
没有
No.
没有问题了 法官大人
No further questions, my Lord.
-你可以退下了 警官 -谢谢
- You may step down, Officer. - Thank you.
在法律中有这样一句古老的拉丁文
We have an old Latin phrase in the law,
该法不言自明
"Res ipsa loquitur",
该法不言自明
"The act speaks for itself."
什么样的人
What sort of man kills people,
才会杀人之后和他们地板下腐烂的尸体一起生活
lives with their bodies rotting under the floorboards,
并且将尸体碎块冲下马桶
and flushes pieces of them down the lavatory?
这些会让您们觉得这个人精神正常吗
Do these seem to you the actions of a man in his right mind?
如果你们像我们告诉你们的一样认为
If you think, as we invite you to think,
也相信证据的话
and as the evidence surely shows,
你们就知道这些犯罪行为并非早有预谋的
that these crimes were not planned or premeditated,
而应归咎于尼尔森的精神失常
but were due to Nilsen's seriously abnormal personality
认知扭曲
and way of thinking,
你们就会明白他没有犯下谋杀罪
then you will find him not guilty of murder,
而应该是由于责任感缺失的过失杀人
but guilty of manslaughter by way of diminished responsibility.
这是我建议你们给出的裁决
That is the verdict which we invite you to return.
他们怎么商量了这么久
What's taking them so long?
再来一杯吗 小杯吗
Same again? Wee ones?
陪审团代表女士
Madam Foreman of the jury.
你们达成一致的裁决了吗
Have you reached verdicts on which you are all agreed?
不 我们没有
No, we have not.
休庭到傍晚 你们能达成一致吗
Might you reach a verdict if the court sits until early evening?
法官大人 我觉得不行
I don't believe so, your Honour.
好的 你们晚上可以休息了
Very well. You will retire overnight.
明早重新开庭
The court will reconvene in the morning
我会采用多数人裁决
where I will accept a majority verdict.
法庭花了更多时间
More time's now being spent