Well, quite.
你看着这个想象不到
You wouldn't think by reading that,
这个男人会勒毙年轻男子
that this man strangled young men
并在厕所里抛尸 对吧
and disposed of them down the lavatory, would you?
监狱怎么会同意让你见他
How is the prison allowing you to meet him?
他说他会把我列在探视人名单上
He said he'd put me on the visitors' list.
不过他们可能不知道我是个作家
Although they're probably not aware that I'm a writer.
-那你不害怕吗 -不 他...
- Well, aren't you frightened? - No, no. He's, erm...
他总不会越过桌子把我勒死 对吧
he's hardly going to jump over the desk and strangle me, is he?
是不会 但还是... 你会跟他握手吗
No, but still... Do you think you'll shake his hand?
不 我想不会
No. No, I shouldn't think so.
-姓名 -布莱恩·马斯特斯来见丹尼斯·尼尔森
- Name? - Brian Masters to see Dennis Nilsen.
来时顺利吗
You find us OK?
你抽烟吗 布莱恩
Do you smoke, Brian?
抽
Yes, I do.
在这个房♥间 你想抽多少真正的烟都可以
You can smoke as many real fags in this room as you like.
在那里面 你只能抽烟草
Out there, you're only allowed tobacco.
嗯
Yeah.
人们说死刑已绝
They say capital punishment's dead,
但女王总有办法让其死灰复燃 知道吗
but Her Majesty manages to find her little ways, you know?
没错
Yes.
我读了你的书 布莱恩
I read your book, Brian.
《公爵们 我们的起源 封贵
The Dukes: Our Origin, Ennoblement
及26个家族的历史》
And The History Of 26 Families.
-你是贵族出身吗 -不 我不是
- Are you from aristocracy? - No. No, I'm not.
但你是那个世界的人 对吧
You're from that kind of world, though, eh?
我赌你肯定是个保守党
I bet you're a bloody Tory.
我觉得这没什么关系
I'm not sure that's entirely relevant.
我只是 我还不太确定你的意图
I'm just... I'm not entirely sure of your intentions as of yet.
对 你的信件看着很真诚
Yeah. Your letters sounded genuine,
但我们现在面对面坐着 我会担心
but now we're sat opposite each other, I worry.
我审视自己 比任何一个路人
I have judged myself more harshly than any casual observer
或任何法庭都严格
or any court ever could.
现在不是你在审视我吗 尼尔森先生
Aren't you the one judging me, Mr Nilsen?
-怎么说 -你...
- How's that? - Oh, you...
你听着我的口音 就觉得
you hear my accent and you assume
你了解我的一切
that you know everything about me.
我只是说了你的出身
I'm simply stating it's obvious where you came from.
我不...这不算坏
I'm not... It's not a bad thing.
我只是想在聊天时 知道自己的立场
I just like to know where I stand with the person I'm talking to.
我是 我是旧肯特路那块长大的
Well, I was... I was brought up on the Old Kent Road.
你听起来不像是旧肯特路出身的人
You don't sound like you were brought up on the Old Kent Road.
我很幸运 上学了
Well, I was lucky, I got an education.
所以你有这个口音吗
Is that where the accent comes from, then?
因为你上学了 对吗
It's your education, is it?
我还以为
I was under the impression
我来这是讨论写一本关于你的书
that I was here to discuss writing a book about you.
我真的不太感兴趣
I'm really not that interesting.
你为什么要写关于我这个怪物的书
Why would you want to write about a monster like me?
你觉得自己是个怪物吗
Do you consider yourself to be a monster?
-你看新闻了吗 -当然
- Have you read the paper? - Of course.
我感到很惊讶 人们对恐怖事件如此喜爱
It truly amazes me, people's attraction to the macabre.
因为我们在暗地里
Cos all of us have skeletons
都有些不可告人的阴暗 知道吗
rattling around in our cupboards, y'know?
一些不敢告诉别人的秘密
Secrets they would never dare to tell to anyone.
现在这种大♥片♥的
So, what comes is this flood
自以为是的公开谴责
of self-righteous public condemnation,
然而与此同时
whilst simultaneously,
大家不停地 反复说着这件事
everybody's talking about it over, and over and over.
他们以此为乐
They're consuming it
拿此消遣 但在身外之处...
and indulging in it, but at arms-length...
-我来不是为了做这些 -与此同时 我在这腐烂
- I'm not here to do that. - Meanwhile, I'm left here to rot,
而其他人利用我获利
whilst others make profits at my expense.
听着 如果你想从中获利
Listen, if you want some money from this,
我们可以谈个合约
I'm sure that we can come to some arrangement.
我不想 我一毛钱都不要
I don't want... I don't want a penny from any of this.
我只是不想让那些可怜人被剥削了
I just don't want those poor men exploited.
我不是来剥削你的
Well, I'm not here to exploit you
或那17个被你...
or those 17 young men that you...
15 是15人
15! It was 15.
不是17 是15人
It wasn't 17, it was 15.
你瞧 如果你听信那些
See, now, if you're gonna get your information
写八卦的混♥蛋♥ 他们天天捏造事实污蔑我
from those red-top fuckers, telling lies about me every day,
我们不如就此告别吧 布莱恩
we might as well say goodbye now, Brian.
我有责任正确地讲出
I have a responsibility for my story
我的故事和他们的故事
and theirs to be told correctly.
那也是我的责任
I also have that responsibility.
我不想写一些不入流的恐怖小说
I... I have no want to write some two-bit horror novel
用一些病态的形容词
with ghoulish adjectives.
我不是来详述 或揭露 或找借口
I'm not here to elaborate, or expose or excuse.
我只是来理解 因为法律只会理解
I'm here to comprehend, because the law cannot comprehend
有罪或无罪
beyond the question of guilty or innocent.
那你打算怎么做
And how do you propose to do that?
倾听
By listening.
我想知道你的小时候
I want to know about your upbringing,
你的青春岁月 你在军队里的时光
your teenage years, your time in the army.
所有一切
All of it.
因为只有那样
Because only by doing that...
我们才能看清整个故事 尼尔森先生
do we get the whole picture... Mr Nilsen.
我必须警告你 布莱恩
I must warn you, Brian,
你会发现我的生活和所作所为
you will find a full inquiry into my life and deeds...
令人抑郁
..distressing.
我明白
I'm aware of that.
那好
Well, then.
我把我的过去和作为
I pass the burden of my past
所有的重担都交给你了
and deeds onto your shoulders.
下次记得多带一包烟吧
Make sure you bring an extra pack of fags next time, eh?
叫我丹斯吧
..please, call me Des.