考证丹尼斯·尼尔森的精神状况
on what's possibly wrong with Dennis Nilsen
而非他的罪行
than what he's actually done.
一个把自己称作
A man who has described himself
世纪谋杀犯的人
as the "murderer of the century".
被告精神病医生说
A defence psychiatrist said Nilsen
尼尔森表现得就像他才是法官
acted as if HE were the judge,
自己在裁决这出臭名昭著的罪行
judging this case of an infamous crime.
他炫耀自己的作为
He shows off.
他真心觉得自己是本世纪最重要的人
He really believes he is the most important person of the century.
被告方专家找到了另外一种阐释尼尔森思想的方法
The defence expert found another way of describing Nilsen's mind.
他的人格就像是他的房♥子
His personality was like his house.
外表看起来没有一点问题
It looked perfectly all right from the outside,
但可能内部不知哪里在发出恶臭
but perhaps there was something of a funny smell about it,
而且 如果你检查地板下面
and when you looked under the floorboards,
你会发现可怕的事情
you would find horrors.
陪审团回来了
The jury is returning.
陪审团代表请起立
Would the foreman of the jury please stand?
陪审团代表女士
Madam Foreman,
你们有多数人裁决意见了吗
do you have a majority on your verdicts?
有了
We do.
关于谋杀斯蒂芬·辛克莱的指控
On the charge of the murder of Stephen Sinclair,
你们判定被告
how do you find the defendant?
有罪
Guilty.
关于谋杀肯尼斯·奥肯顿的指控
On the charge of the murder of Kenneth Ockenden,
你们判定被告
how do you find the defendant?
有罪
Guilty.
关于谋杀约翰·霍莱特的指控
On the charge of the murder of John Howlett,
你们判定被告
how do you find the defendant?
有罪
Guilty.
关于谋杀马丁·达菲的指控
On the charge of the murder of Martyn Duffey,
你们判定被告
how do you find the defendant?
有罪
Guilty.
关于谋杀比利·萨瑟兰的指控
On the charge of the murder of Billy Sutherland,
你们判定被告
how do you find the defendant?
有罪
Guilty.
关于谋杀马科姆·巴洛的指控
On the charge of the murder of Malcolm Barlow,
你们判定被告
how do you find the defendant?
有罪
Guilty.
关于谋杀道格拉斯·斯图尔特未遂的指控
On the charge of the attempted murder of Douglas Stewart,
你们判定被告
how do you find the defendant?
有罪
Guilty.
关于谋杀保罗·诺布斯未遂的指控
On the charge of the attempted murder of Paul Nobbs,
你们判定被告
how do you find the defendant?
有罪
Guilty.
丹尼斯·安德鲁·尼尔森
Dennis Andrew Nilsen,
你的受害者都是无辜的年轻男子
your victims were innocent young men,
他们唯一的错就是接受了你的招待
guilty only of accepting your hospitality,
你却残忍♥麻木地杀害了他们
where upon you ended their lives cruelly and callously,
为了一些只有你知道的原因
for reasons that will remain known only to you.
本庭对你谋杀罪的判决已定
The sentence for murder is fixed in law.
我现对你做出判决
It is imprisonment for life,
对你犯下的每一桩谋杀罪行
and that is the sentence which I pass on you
判处你终身监禁
on each count of this indictment.
带他下去
Take him down.
杰先生 干得好
Mr Jay. Well done.
还是走到了最后一刻 对吧
It went down to the wire at the end, didn't it?
你肯定很开心一切都结束了
You must be pleased it's over.
如果以后你想起来其他名字
If at any time in the future you remember any more names...
请写信告诉给我
..please write to me.
我保证一定第一个告诉你
I promise you'll be the first to know.
我觉得陪审团做了正确的决定 对
I think the jury got it right in the end. Yeah.
我不觉得我疯了
I don't think I'm mad.
如果你那天没抓住我
If you hadn't caught me that day...
那就会有115人 而不止15个
..it'd be 115, not 15.
我可能永远无法停手
I could never have stopped.
知道了
Ok.
祝你好运
Good luck.
你打算怎么处理这些
What will you do with it all?
我不知道 大部分大概都扔了吧
Oh, I don't know. Chuck most of it, probably.
杰先生
Mr Jay...
我能问你个问题吗
do you mind if I ask you a question?
问吧
Go on.
当你第一次见到他时 你马上就相信他了吗
When you first met him, did you believe him straight away?
是的
Yes, I did.
你那时是怎么想的
What went through your mind at that moment?
我想的是...
Well, I thought, um...
说真的
Honestly?
我的第一个想法是 "我希望自己能胜任"
The first thing I thought was, "I hope that I'm up to this."
这个别写进书里
Don't put that in your book.
我保证
You have my word.
关于我的书
And about my book...
听着 没关系
No, look, it's fine.
我们都有各自的见解
We both had our way of looking at this.
他们要怎么处理这间屋子
Well, what will they do with this place?
我不知道
I don't know.
卖♥♥了或租了吧
Sell it or rent it out, I'd imagine.
谁会想住在这里 这里...
Who'd want to live here? I mean, it's...
首先气味就不太好闻
There's the smell for one thing.
你知道最糟糕的是什么吗
D'you know the worst thing?
我已经闻不出来了
I don't smell it any more.
我们外头见
I'll see you outside.
你过得如何
So, how have you been?
就那样 慢慢适应成为这里的永久居民
Ah, you know. Adjusting to being a permanent resident, and all.
除此之外 还凑合吧
Apart from that, not too bad.
我读了你的书 我的书
I read your book. My book.
你觉得如何
What did you think?
说实话 布莱恩 我觉得很吓人
To be honest, Brian, I found it absolutely terrifying.
但写得很好
But it's good.
比我想得好多了 不过我也有些想法
Much better than I expected. Of course, I have some thoughts.
科学练习册
请别被我的意见吓到
Please don't be discouraged by my observations.
我还是像从前那样敬佩你
I've lost none of my respect or admiration for you,
及你的作品
or your work.
那谢谢你了
Oh, well, thank you.
这肯定大有帮助
I'm sure it'll be very helpful.
我最大的担忧是你没写出任何受害者的名字
My biggest concern is you didn't name any of the victims.
对 我想尊重他们的隐私
No, I-I wanted to respect their privacy.
我觉得不写才是不尊重他们
Well, I think it's disrespectful not naming them.
我夺去了他们的性命
I robbed them of their life.
请别再夺去他们的身份了
Please don't rob them of their identities.
还有书名
And the title,
《杀人解寥》 有一点...
Killing For Company, is a little...
应该直接是《尼尔森》
It should just be Nilsen.
不行
No.
有何不可
Why not?
毕竟书是关于我的
Book is about me, after all.
我不会给书取名为《尼尔森》
I'm not going to call it Nilsen.
这不是你的书 不关于你
This isn't your book. It's not about you.
这是关于你这种人为何会变成这样
It's about how someone like you came to be.
我们第一次见面我就说了
I told you when we first met
我不会用吓人或煽情的形容词
that I wasn't going to use grisly or emotive adjectives,
我也遵守了承诺
and I have stuck to my word.
但别搞错了
But make no mistake,
这不是庆祝
this isn't a celebration.
这是个警告
It's a warning.
你知道吗 其实受害者只有12人 不是15人
You know, there were only 12 victims, not 15.
我被捕当晚 坐在警车的后座时
When I sat in the back of the police car the night of my arrest,
他们问我杀了多少人 我其实不确定
they asked me how many there were, and I wasn't very sure,
所以我就给了个大概数 "15或16"
so I just gave them a figure, "15 or 16".
还有3个 那3个是我编的
And three...three of those victims were invented,
只是为了补充完整警♥察♥的证据