不是吧 - 我不得不说
What? - I have to say,
珍妮小姐是个非常可靠的年轻女士
Ms. Jannie is a very responsible young lady.
是的
Yes.
她在班上的成绩名列前茅 在田径赛上表现优异
I mean, top of her class, doing great in track.
我还听说她会主动做家务
I even heard she does her chores without being asked.
好吧 我懂了 这是设计好的
Oh, okay, I see. Th-This is a setup.
你是来支持珍妮的
So you just came to back up Jannie?
抱歉 法官大人
Apologies, Your Honor.
我是受邀来提建议的
I was asked to provide counsel.
这是否意味着…
So, does that mean...?
我同意了
Yes.
太好了 爸爸 谢谢你 - 记住我说的话
Yes! Thank you, Daddy! - Mark my words.
记住我说的话
Mark my words.
好了 你最好闭嘴 读些关于厌女症的书吧
Okay, you need to stop talking and start reading some books on misogyny.
厌女症
Misogyny?
我们是要吃饭还是要吵架
Are we going to eat, or are we going to fight?
真不敢相信你居然对她这么说 “女孩子喜欢享乐”
I can't believe you said that to her, that girls are fast.
真不敢相信你居然相信 安德鲁泰特的屁话
Like, I can't believe you're on some Andrew Tate bullshit!
我不知道你说的是谁 男人和女人是有区别的
I don't even know who the fuck that is, but I'm just telling you, men and women have differences, all right?
也不知你为何表现得我们没区别一样
I don't know why you acting like we don't.
唯一的区别是男人很蠢
Yeah, the only difference is, men are stupid.
谁… - 尤其是你 明摆着嘛
Especially you, apparently.
你要想小题大做的话 那就来吧
Oh, you want to take this shit to 11? We can take it to 11.
但别逼我停车 - 我还希望你停车呢
Don't make me stop this car. - I wish you would stop the car.
你在说什么疯话 - 我说停车
Oh, now you're really talking crazy. - I said, stop the car!
满意吗 现在有什么要说的
Happy? Now what you got to say?
闭嘴
Shut up.
该死的
Oh, shit.
暴风雨即将来临 我尽量说快点
There is a shitstorm brewing, so I'm gonna make this quick.
里根林顿参议员被指控欺诈
Senator Reagan Lynton has been accused of fraud.
就算犯罪证据不齐 也足够起诉他
There's enough smoke to suspect fire, if not a full-on inferno.
罗德里格斯 你和你的小分队 睁大眼睛仔细查一查林顿
Rodriguez, you and your detail are gonna go up Lynton's ass with a floodlight.
司法部还要求我们与国税局联♥系♥
DOJ's also asking for an interface with the IRS
因为这个案子可能还涉及逃税
because this is possibly tax evasion, too.
你和你的队员负责这个案子 - 收到
That is you and your team. - Copy that.
这个案子六个月内每天都会上新闻
Now, it's gonna be in the news every day for six months.
你们得全体出动 谨慎调查 不容出错
So that means all dots, all crosses, all hands on deck.
克雷格做什么
What about Craig?
你对我刚吩咐你做的事 有什么看法吗
What about that thing I just asked you to do?
克雷格由我来操心 - 好的 长官
I'll worry about Craig. - Yes, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
不是吧
Seriously?
如果知道我被流放到 西伯利亚 我会穿得暖和点
I mean, if I'd known I was being exiled to Siberia, I would have worn something warmer.
克雷格 冷静点
Craig, relax.
冷静不了 这是决定 我职业生涯的案子
Don't relax. This is a career-making case.
克雷格特工 你成功进入 职业生涯的这个阶段后
Agent Craig, you've made it to this point in your career
技能和才华已不再能助你晋升了
where skill and talent don't really move you up the pyramid anymore.
朋友可以
Friends do.
而你没有多少朋友
And you don't have many.
很明显 我没有朋友 - 没有吗
Apparently, I don't have any. - No?
那为什么汉密特局长找我 要最出色的特工时 我推荐了你
So, how come when Director Hammet asked me for my best agent, I gave him you?
把我推荐给他做什么
Gave him me for what?
你熟悉兰斯杜兰德吗 克雷斯特布鲁克工业
Are you familiar with Lance Durand, Crestbrook Industries?
鸡肉哥 想成为 穿着工装裤的史蒂夫乔布斯
Chicken guy? Wants to be Steve Jobs in overalls.
算是吧 但他的身价是乔布斯的两倍
Kind of, except he's worth twice as much as Jobs ever was.
有人想杀他
Someone's trying to kill him.
如果你能在对方下手前查出是谁 汉密特局长会很高兴的
Director Hammet would love it if you could find out who before they do.
我可以查出来
I mean, I can do that.
我们会让亚历克斯克罗斯 和你一起处理这个案子
And we'd also like Alex Cross working the case with you.
你说什么
Excuse me?
这是汉密特局长要求的
Director Hammet's request.
他知道亚历克斯克罗斯 是名优秀的警探
He knows Alex Cross is a great detective.
他知道你们俩之前合作过
He knows you two have worked together in the past
处理过桑杰案 拉姆齐案 大家都还记得这些事
on the Soneji case, the Ramsey case, which is still fresh in everybody's mind.
他希望你们联合调查此案
And he wants this to be a joint investigation.
他们想秘密调查此案
They want to keep it quiet. Yeah, okay.
与私营部门合作就可以 不用遵守强制性披露的规定
They can avoid mandatory disclosures if they go joint with MPD.
兰斯杜兰德坚决要求 不能让媒体知道此事
Lance Durand is adamant this will not make it to the press.
没人会知道此案吗
So no one's gonna hear about this?
汉密特局长会知道
Director Hammet will.
如果你办成了 你在这里就不会只有一个朋友
If you pull this off, you will not only have a friend in here.
你还会有你需要的唯一朋友
You will have the only friend you need.
你在整理着装时 有没有了解最新案情
Did you get a chance to get up to speed while you were getting pretty?
没有尸体 没有谋杀未遂 没有非法闯入
No body, no attempted murder, no break-in,
没有敲诈或抢劫发生
no extortion or robbery,
但杜兰德确信有人想杀他
but Durand is convinced someone's trying to kill him.
大家都想避开媒体
Oh, and everybody wants to avoid the press.
非常好 果然是老师的宠儿
Very good, teacher's pet.
我忘了把这个写进简报
I forgot to include this in my brief.
这个案子 我是克罗斯 你是桑普森
On this case, I'm Cross and you're Sampson.
可以
Okay.
那我们就是搭档了
So we're partners.
装不懂
Cute.
我的意思是这不是拉姆齐案
What I mean is, this isn't the Ramsey case.
我是头儿
I'm lead.
你能接受听从我的命令吗 - 完全没问题
Can you handle taking orders from me? - It's no problem at all.
好吧
Okay.
开始办案吧
Let's do it.
如果我们赋予人们 做出正确选择的权利
And we can end world hunger today
就可以在世界范围内消除饥饿
if we empower people to make the right choices.
克雷斯特布鲁克工业的繁荣种子
Crestbrook Industries' Prosperity Seed is the single
是自作物轮作以来 农业最大的进步 没有之一
biggest advancement in agriculture since crop rotation.
答案就在这个盒子里
The answer is in this box.
我喜欢令人印象深刻的揭晓方式 让我们一起倒计时吧
I like a little pomp and circumstance. How about a, how about a countdown?
三 二 一
Three, two, one!
盒子里是什么
What was in the box?
(你是下一个)
这些手指是谁的
Uh, whose are these?
我不知道
I don't know.
是不是有人把这些东西寄给你
Someone send these to you?
我不知道
I don't know.
我也不知道 这些东西怎么会出现在会议中
And I don't know how they got into the conference either,
所以我这次决定寻求帮助
which is why I decided this time that we needed help.
娜塔是最好的安全主管
But there's no better head of security than Nat.
像这样的公开活动 我们有安保团队在现场
Public event like that, we've got a team in place
安保达到了特勤局 保护外国外交官的级别
on the level of the Secret Service guarding a foreign diplomat.
是你把盒子带上台的
And you were the one who brought the box to the stage?
是的 上台前 所有的东西 我都在后台准备好了
Yes. And before that, I got everything ready backstage.
我仔细检查了整个演示文稿
I triple-checked the entire presentation,
我最后一次看盒子时
and the last time I looked in the box,
里面只有繁荣种子的原型
the only thing that was in it was the Prosperity Seed prototype.
你有没有离开过盒子
And did you ever leave the box alone?
我去了洗手间 最多离开十分钟
I went to the bathroom. I-I was gone maybe ten minutes tops.
大多数凶杀案的罪犯都是你认识的人
Most homicides are committed by someone you know.
那张纸条 照片和手指都跟你有关
The note, the photo, the fingers, it's all very personal.
以我的经验来看 这表明有人想报仇
My experience, it suggests someone's out for revenge.
我明白 处在我这个位置的人
I get it. Any person in my position,
一路走来都会树敌
like, you're gonna make enemies along the way,
但我不知道谁会砍人手指 然后塞进盒子里
but I have no clue who would chop up fingers and stuff 'em in a box.
“你是下一个”
"You're next"
说明在你之前还有人
suggests that there was someone before you.
你知道那是谁吗 - 不知道
Would you know who that was? - No idea.
过去一年半里我们收到了
This is just the latest in a series of threats
一连串的威胁 这只是最新收到的
that we have been getting over the last year and a half.
你已经自己处理这件事18个月了
You've been handling this on your own for 18 months?
我没有去找当局 是因为不想让大众知道
I didn't go to the authorities because I didn't want it to get out.
“繁荣”活动启动前 我们承担不起
We cannot afford any kind of weird press
任何奇怪的新闻带来的后果
ahead of the launch of the Prosperity campaign.
所以我决定去找汉密特局长
Which is why I made the decision to go to Director Hammet
让娜塔加入你们的团队
and have Nat put on your team,
这样我们就能对 任何发现做出迅速的反应