I'm-I'm proud of what I've accomplished.
但你们看着我时 也知道我还代表了最差警探
But when you look at me, also know I represent the worst of us.
我袭击了一个无辜的人
I assaulted an innocent man.
我当时在执勤
And I was on the job.
我很感激获得了改过的机会
I'm grateful that I got a second chance
有了这次机会 我才能在今天 与你们分享一些真实的事
and, with it, an opportunity to share some truths with you today.
警探不好当
This job is difficult.
只有当了警探的人 才能真正理解其中的不易
Only those that do it can truly understand.
你不能因为醒来心情不好 或财务状况不佳
And you don't get to call time-out just because you woke up in a bad mood or you got money problems
或婚姻出现问题就不工作
or your marriage is in trouble.
你肯定会犯错
No. And you will make mistakes. You will.
多数时候你不是在状态最佳时 得到评价 而是在最差时 这公平吗
Is it fair that, most times, you're judged not by your best day but by your worst?
也许不公平
Maybe not.
但这就是你加入警局的原因
But that is what you're signing up for.
不喜欢就别宣誓
You don't like it, don't take the oath.
我们必须给自己设定更高的标准
We have to hold ourselves to a higher standard.
我失职时
When I fell down on the job,
我的搭档 约翰桑普森警探
my partner Detective John Sampson
让我勇于承担后果
made me face the music.
他让我承担责任时
And when he held me accountable,
不仅维护了警局的廉正
he not only upheld the integrity of this department, but he...
还救了我一命
...he saved my life.
我们必须给自己设定更高的标准
We must hold ourselves to a higher standard.
设定更高的标准
And when we do,
能让我们处于我认为任何人
we set ourselves up for the most satisfying feeling
都能体验到的极致满足感
I think anyone can experience.
别弄错了 这种满足感 不是升职或拿到薪水带来的
No, it's not a promotion or a paycheck.
不是上头条 也不是得到赞扬
It's not a headline. It's not a pat on the back.
更不是免费的本氏辣酱热狗
No, it is not a free half-smoke from Ben's Chili,
尽管那也可能会带来满足感
even though that might be a close second.
这也不是
No.
是你自己
It's you.
站在镜子前看自己
Standing in the mirror, looking at yourself
知道你带来了积极的影响
and knowing that you made a difference.
这是种强大的力量
It's a powerful thing.
因为当上警探的某些日子里 你就是那个带来正面影响的人
Because in this job, some days you are the difference.
欢迎加入警队
Welcome to the force.
(本氏辣酱热狗店)
演讲稿写得不错
Nice little speech you wrote there.
不瞒你 我让艾尔帮我写的
Full disclosure: I had Elle help me with it.
是吗
Oh, really?
是她撰的稿
So she pitched in?
老兄 我一直在跟你说 我和她的关系在缓和
I keep telling you, man, I'm starting to feel the thaw.
听说她在跟别人约会
I heard she's seeing somebody.
据我所知 他们不是认真的
From what I hear, it ain't serious.
他们约会过几次 没确定关系
I mean, they went on a few little dates. They're not exclusive.
怎么了
What?
嘿 老兄 别这样 别那样看我
Hey, man, hey, stop. Don't look at me like that. Don't.
甜甜 我知道你想跟她重归于好
Sugar, look. I know you want her back,
但一年多以来 你一直在努力赢得她的好感
but you've been trying to win her over for a year and a half,
可你还是她的朋友
and you're still in the friend zone.
而她在和别人约会 总有一天你得…
And she dating somebody? Look, at some point, you got to--
他们没确定关系
They're not exclusive.
她才不在乎那家伙
She don't care about that dude.
我们基本上每天都会聊天
We talk damn near every day.
她也经常和奶奶还有孩子们见面
She still hangs out with Nana and the kids.
我也是 这是朋友和家人一起做的事
Me, too. That's friends and family stuff.
有浪漫的事吗
Y'all romantic?
这么跟你说吧
I'll put it to you like this.
她周日早上会来家里吃早午餐
She's coming to the house Sunday morning for brunch.
早午餐不都喝含羞草鸡尾酒吗
Oh. So we all having mimosas?
你们肯定会复合的
Y'all definitely getting back together.
我希望你说的是对的
Look, I hope you're right.
艾尔人很好 很适合你
Elle is good people, and she's good for you.
我知道
I know.
特雷夫 你知道这是怎么回事吗
Do you know what it is, Trev?
人们不知道社会福利计划的价值所在
People don't know how to value social programs.
我们从监狱制度中救出的每个孩子 通过教育体系接受教育后
I mean, every kid we take out of the prison system and put through the education system
都有利于经济发展 但他们不这么看
is a plus for the economy. And they don't see it like that.
这就像是捐赠 不是投资
It's like a donation, not an investment.
结果呢 时间一紧迫 善心就没了
And what, when times get tight, charity goes out the window.
太短视了 你懂我意思吗
It's just, it's just so shortsighted. You know what I, you know I mean?
是要我倾听还是提建议
Am I listening or offering advice?
最好别这样 两者都要
You better stop. Both.
好吧 很好 因为我是一个 以解决问题为导向的黑人男性
Okay, good, 'cause I'm a solution-oriented type of brother.
拜托 特雷弗 请解决我所有的问题
Oh, please, Trevor, solve all my problems.
这是你的第一个问题 这种讽刺的语气
Well, that's your first problem right there, that-that sarcastic tone.
把艾伦的案子 从板子上拿掉 我们昨晚结案了
Hey, you can take that Allen case off the board. We closed that last night.
好极了 接下来你还有两个案子
Great. Means you're up in two.
这个破东西 - 嘿 我们的行动报告进展如何
This thing is a piece of shit. - Yo. Where we at with the action report?
君主才说“我们”
Is that the royal "we"?
抱歉 你有那起事故的行动报告吗
I'm sorry. Do you have the action from the incident?
为了保险起见 我要那份报告
I need it for insurance purposes.
报告转给玛妮了 顺便提一嘴 我们在追查一把没有序列号♥的枪
I passed it off to Marnie. By the way, we're tracing a gun. It has no numbers.
《欢乐时光》里的人就是这么干的
That's some Happy Days shit right there.
我称之为敲打式维修
I call it percussive maintenance.
维加 有空吗
Oh, uh, Vega, hey. You got a minute?
一秒都没有
Not even a second.
谋杀嫌疑犯已被拘留
Murder suspect in custody.
嘿 行动报告写好了吗 我得向局长汇报
Hey. Do we have an action report? I got to brief the chief.
阿克巴说玛妮在写了
Uh, Akbar said Marnie was handling it.
她当时在那里吗
Oh, was she there?
不在 你们在 你们出一个来写报告
No, you were. One of y'all do it.
总想跳过无聊的工作部分 你们俩怎么回事啊 真愁人
Always trying to skip the boring part. What's wrong with y'all? Oh, shit.
局长 我们正在整理报告
We are pulling the report together right now, Chief.
别担心 肯定会在 你开记者招待会前弄好
Don't worry, it'll be ready in time for your press conference.
不是我开 是你开
Oh, not mine, yours.
我今天不想应付这些记者
I'm not effing with reporters today.
中尉 这是你第一次成为新闻的焦点
It's your first time making the news, Lieutenant.
我们谈一谈吧
Let's talk.
该死的
Aw, shit.
嘿 亲爱的 怎么了
Hey, what's up, lovely?
爸爸 你记得自己是怎么说 这个世界有多危险的吗
Dad, you know how you say the world is a dangerous place?
记得 - 谢谢
Yeah. - Thank you.
你记得你总是想知道我在哪里吗
And you know how you like to always know where I am?
没错
That's right.
你知道在南希小姐家发生那件事后 达蒙是怎么拥有一部手♥机♥的吗
And you know how Damon got a phone after what happened at Miss Nancy's?
我知道是怎么回事了
Oh, I see what this is.
达蒙有手♥机♥是因为他满12岁了
Damon got a phone because he turned 12,
不是因为某个疯女人绑♥架♥了他
not because some crazy lady kidnapped him.
可如果他之前就有手♥机♥…
But if he'd had his phone--
那也没用 因为他在荒无人烟的地方
It wouldn't have worked. That was in the middle of nowhere.
宝贝女儿 你12岁之前 不能有手♥机♥ 这是规矩
Baby girl, no phone till you hit 12. Them's the rules.
你不在乎这个世界有多危险了
So you don't care that the world is dangerous?
我更担心社交媒体带来的影响
I'm more afraid of social media.
你要是觉得我有手♥机♥后 就不能做出负责任的决定
If you don't think I can make responsible decisions with a phone,
那你基本上就是在说你没把我养好
you're basically saying you didn't raise me right.
她说得有道理
She got a point.
我的乖孙们从小就有判断力
My grandbabies were raised with some sense.
爸爸 如果你不给她手♥机♥ 她会一直问我拿手♥机♥玩
Dad, if you don't get her a phone, she's gonna keep asking to use mine.
在这件事上 全家人都反对我
I got the whole family against me on this one.
我不反对 我支持你
Not me. I'm on your side.
珍妮这个年纪的孩子 不需要手♥机♥ 尤其是女孩子
Kids don't need phones at Jannie's age, especially girls.
你说什么
Excuse me?
女孩比男孩聪明
Girls are smarter than boys,
更善于享乐
and that means faster.
给男孩子一部手♥机♥ 他会玩电子游戏
Give a boy a phone, he's playing video games.
给女孩子一部手♥机♥ 她会学会各种不适宜的东西
Give a girl a phone, she getting into all sorts of inappropriateness.
再拿性别歧视说事 你麻烦就大了
Yeah, you keep digging that sexist hole, you're gonna get buried in it.
我说错了吗 甜甜 帮我说两句
Am I wrong? Sugar, back me up.
不帮
No.