结婚两年后 卡拉出生了
After two years of marriage, Karla is born.
她是个女孩 漂亮的女孩
She's a girl. She's a beautiful girl.
我很开心
And I was very happy.
我知道自己不再孤单
I knew I wasn't going to be alone.
有人能跟我说话
I will have someone to talk to.
卡拉是我生命中的快乐
Karla was the joy of my life,
直到今天 她都能让我微笑
and to this day, lights up my face.
我生命中的前十三年...
The first 13 years of my life were...
是一段艰难的人生
It was a difficult life.
从我六岁起 他们就开始带我们去工作
From the age of six, they started to take us to work.
整个星期 我们早上去上学
All week, we went to school in the morning,
下午 我们有工作任务
and in the afternoon, we had obligations.
每天都是不停地工作 工作
It was work and work. Every day.
当我上了中学
When I started secondary school,
我告诉我父亲 我不想再去卖♥♥东西了
I told my dad that I did not want to go sell anymore.
我想全身心投入到作业和学校的学习中
I wanted to dedicate myself to homework, to school.
我父亲拒绝了
My dad said no.
在这里 如果你的家人没有坚持你应该学习...
Here, if your family does not insist that you study...
那你就必须结婚
then you get married.
你不能追求其他任何东西
You can't pursue anything else.
这仿佛是个锁链
It's like a chain.
需要有人来打破这个循环
There needs to be someone to break that cycle.
当卡拉刚满十三岁...
When Karla was barely 13...
她爸爸跟我说
her dad told me that,
"我希望我女儿成为一个出色的妻子"
"I hope to make a good wife out of my daughter."
我在心里记住了这些话 说 "完了"
I took those words to heart and said, "Wow."
我要失去我的女儿了
I was about to lose my daughter.
我跟卡拉说
I said to Karlita,
"我不想让你重复我同样的悲剧"
"I don't want you to repeat this same story."
她跟我说 "好吧 我想去寄宿学校"
She said to me, "Well, I want to go to boarding school."
然后我说 "现在我该怎么办"
Then I said, "Now what am I going to do?"
我很担心钱不够
I was very worried about the money.
我不知道该怎么办
I didn't know what to do.
我知道我必须努力工作 赚更多钱供卡拉上学
I knew I had to work hard to make more money for Karla's school.
我丈夫掌管着所有的钱
My husband kept all the money.
所以 责任落在了我的身上
So, the responsibility was mine.
我必须做出一个艰难的决定
I had a very difficult decision to make.
我和卡拉谈了 然后告诉她
I talked to Karla and told
我必须去美国
her that I have to go to the United States.
"但你会没事的 你会有足够的钱去上学
"But you'll be fine. You're going to have money for school.
我会为了你工作 只为了你"
I'm going to work for you. Just for you."
"好的 妈咪 去吧
"Yes, Mommy, go.
我会好好的"
I'll be fine."
我跟带我们偷渡的人说了 他叫土狼
I talk with the man who is going to bring us in, the coyote.
他叫我等几个月
He asks me to wait a few months
并让我做好五月份离开的准备
and that I get ready to go in May.
我做足了准备
I prepare myself.
我每天跑步
I run every day.
卡拉告诉我 "好好吃饭
And Karla tells me, "Eat well
这样你就有力气穿过沙漠了
so that you are strong when you cross the desert."
我们飞到了华雷斯城[墨西哥北部边境城市]
We flew to Ciudad Juárez.
在黄昏时分抵达
Arrived at dawn.
我们是个二十四人的队伍
It was a group of 24.
大家同舟共济 团结一心
We are all together, we are united.
我们戴着帽子 穿着深色衣服 以便在沙漠中躲藏
We wear a cap and dark clothes to be hidden in the desert.
然后他们告诉我们 要开始穿越沙漠了
Then they tell us that we are going to start walking.
我抬起眼睛 看着天空
I lift my eyes. See the sky.
它是那么的明亮
And it was so bright.
你能听到蟋蟀的歌♥唱声 再无别的杂音
You can hear the singing of the crickets and nothing more.
我们在沙漠里走了十五天
We walked in the desert for 15 days.
我们的食物吃完了
We ran out of food.
还有无处可躲的暴风雨
There were rainstorms you could not hide from.
终于 到达了目的地
Finally, there are two roads.
那就是人们所说的"边界"
That is what is called "The line."
你必须努力奔跑
You have to run.
你必须跑得很快
And it has to be very fast
因为移♥民♥局会用雷达监测
because immigration is checking with their radar.
我深吸了一口气...
I took a deep breath...
然后像逃命一样奔跑
Then, I ran like I was being chased.
你觉得像飞起来了一样 觉得自己必须做到
You feel like you're flying, like you have to make it.
必须忘记一切地努力奔跑
You have to run and forget everything.
你觉得好像自己做不到了
You feel like you can't.
跑 奔跑 努力奔跑
Run, run, run.
对 把纸给我
Yes, give me that paper.
谢谢
Thank you.
-给你鸡蛋 -谢谢
- Here are the eggs. - Thank you.
当我穿越沙漠时
When I crossed the desert,
我意识到自己还有与众不同的另一面
I realized that there was a different woman in me.
我在街上找了一个月工作
I walked the streets for a month, looking for work.
敲开了每一家餐馆 匹萨店的门...
Knocking on the doors of restaurants, pizzerias...
"可以给我一份工作吗 我可以洗盘子 我什么都可以做"
"Give me a job. I want to wash dishes. I want to do something."
终于 我遇到了一名主厨
Finally, I met a chef.
他说"好 你来切蔬菜和做准备工作"
He says, "Okay. You will do the preparation and cut vegetables."
我很专注 很安静地做他们让我做的事情
I am very focused, very silent, doing what they are telling me.
但主厨不会说西班牙语
But the chef does not speak Spanish.
我不会说英语
I don't speak English.
这种沟通上的摩擦是非常困难的
That friction of communication was very difficult.
所以我必须通过观察来学习
So, I had to learn by watching.
我必须在开始前就把一切准备好
I had to get everything right the first time.
我做这一切的动力来自卡拉
I had the strength to do it for Karla.
四个月很快就过去了
Four months pass very quickly.
然后他们说"我们想和你谈谈"
Then, they say, "We want to talk to you."
"我们想给你个机会 让你来做甜点"
"We want to offer you the opportunity to make desserts."
我有了被认可的感觉
I felt accepted.
但最重要的一件事是
But the most important thing was
我可以给卡拉寄钱了
I could send money to Karla.
-要多少 -四个
- How many? - Four.
我做两份工作
I was working double shifts.
想办法寄钱给卡拉
Focused on sending money to Karla.
克里斯汀娜当时在做糕点
Cristina was making pastries and
我当时是冷盘领班
I was working on the garde-manager station...
负责切糕点 给客人端出去
cutting the pastry and then serving it.
所以 我每天都和她有交流
So, I had interaction with her everyday.
我很喜欢和她一起工作
And I just loved working with her,
整个厨房♥里最喜欢和她一起工作
out of everybody in the kitchen.
看着她在每个人身边忙碌地工作
Saw her working circles around everbody.
当我第一次见到本的时候
And when I saw Ben for the first time,
我说"我要嫁给这个男人"
I said, "I'm going to marry this man."
我的同事听见了说"你疯了吧"
Then my coworker hears and says, "You're crazy."
我说"室的 我会嫁给他的"
And I say, "Yes, I will marry him."
之后我们开始偶尔聊聊天
Then we're talking a little bit.
但他只会说一点点西班牙语 而我不会说英语
But his Spanish is very little and my English is nothing.
而且我很紧张
And I was very nervous.
我每天午休时间都看浪漫剧情的肥皂剧
I was watching the telenovelas on my lunch break everyday.
学习西语字典
Studing with a dictionary,
读西班牙报纸
trying to read Spanish newspapers,
试图尽快学会这门语言
trying to pick up the language as quick as possible,
这样我才可以和她说更多话
so I can say more than like, you know,
而不止是说"锅热了"
"The Pan is Hot", you know.
我们之前真的有着很深的联♥系♥
We had like a real deep connection,
所以我们才得以慢慢建立起相互之间的沟通
and so we were able to slowly build a communication.
有一天 本杰明对我说"我希望你能休息一天
One day, Benjamin tells me, "I want you to rest one day.
我们一起去河边走走"
Let's go to the river."
我听见鸟鸣声
I hear the birds.
树叶在沙沙作响
And the rustling of the trees.
他牵着我的手 然后吻了我
He took me by the hands and he kissed me.
我想"哇 我有了个美国男友"
And I was like, "Wow! I have an American boyfriend!"
一周后 我和卡拉通了电♥话♥ 告诉她我遇到了一个男人
A week later, I talked to Karla, and told her I met a man.
"妈妈 我从没听见你这么兴奋过"
"Ay, Mommy! I've never heard you so excited."
但是听闻我的女儿对此很高兴
But I heard that my daughter was very happy.
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表