剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表
Especially not now.
怎么 现在怎么了
Why? What's happening now?
这正是我们造访的原因
That's the reason for our coming.
是其中一个原因
That's the other reason for coming.
继续说
Go on.
约翰
John...
已经和玛莉娅·格雷小姐谈妥了亲事
has reached an understanding with Lady Maria Grey.
什么 坦普莫尔伯爵的女儿
What? Lord Templemore's daughter?
她父亲去世了 现在的伯爵是她弟弟
Her father is dead. The present Earl is her brother.
我知道 可她还是坦普莫尔伯爵的女儿
Well, yes. She's still Lord Templemore's daughter.
这真是太好了 约翰
Well, that's - that's very good, John.
好样的 恭喜你了
Well done, and congratulations.
你这么吃惊 我难道不能娶玛莉娅·格雷吗
You sound astonished. Why shouldn't I marry Maria Grey?
没有 当然不是 你们很般配
Well, no reason. No reason at all. It's a very good match.
我再说一遍 好样的 我是真心的
I say again, well done. And I mean it.
对她来说是好事
It's a good match for her.
坦普莫尔家没钱
The Templemores have no money to speak of,
而她要嫁的可是未来的布罗肯赫斯特伯爵
and she's marrying the future Earl of Brockenhurst, after all.
你们觉得
So, what do you think of
教会委员会的工作怎么样
the work of the Ecclesiastical Commission?
什么意思
What do you mean?
改革奏效了吗
Are its reforms working?
安抚政见相左的人 控制牛津运动
In placating the dissidents? In containing the Oxford Movement?
这都跟我有什么关系
What do I care about any of it?
只要不用我再做什么布道 我就谢天谢地了
Just as long as I don't have to give any more damn sermons!
如果你对教义不感兴趣
If you're not interested in the doctrine,
-为什么要加入教会 -还能为什么
- why did you join the Church? - Why do you think?
因为我是伯爵的小儿子
Because I'm the younger son of an Earl.
艾玛又怀孕了
Emma is to have another child.
那你就要第五次当外婆了
You'll be a grandmother five times over.
真了不起
Think of that.
他们希望能再生一个儿子
They're hoping for another boy.
我要写封信给她
Well, I shall write to her.
雨果特别想再要一个儿子
Hugo's very keen on a second boy.
当然 女儿他也爱
He loves the girls, of course,
不过他不想冒险
but he doesn't want to take any chances.
他总说 "我想要一个继承人加一个备用"
"I want an heir and a spare," He keeps saying.
一个继承人加一个备用
An heir and a spare.
亲爱的哥哥
I wonder, dear brother,
我们之后能不能私下谈谈
i-if I might have a little word in private later?
我们现在不是私下吗
Aren't we in private now?
我们都知道你想谈钱
We all know you want to talk about money.
好了 谈吧
All right, let's have it.
我们不能让女士们乏味
We mustn't bore the ladies.
你都不介意让我乏味
You don't mind boring me.
我们能...
If - if we could... i-if we could just...
说吧 说出来
Come on. Come on, out with it.
我父亲是想
What my father is asking for
从我未来的遗产中借一笔贷款
is a loan against my future inheritance.
你的遗产 还是他的
Your inheritance, or his?
我们的遗产
Our inheritance.
你是说他想再从你的遗产中借一笔贷款
You're saying he wants another loan against your inheritance.
好吧 再借一笔
Very well, then, another loan.
我觉得我的弟弟已经
I think my little brother has chipped away
用掉很多自己未来的钱了
at his prospects quite substantially already.
你也同意 为了家族体面
You will agree that the family's honour
我们必须保持风度
demands we keep up appearances.
不不 我完全不同意
No, no, no. I don't agree at all.
一个牧师招摇过市
Any kind of show in a man of the cloth
既不是公众所期望 也不是他们所乐见的
is neither expected, nor liked, by the public.
-你要钱做什么 -你不会反对的
- What are you spending it on? - Nothing you'd disapprove of.
你以前也借出过钱
You've released funds in the past.
对 很多次 太多次了
Oh, yes, many times. Too many.
我觉得你应该待在这里
I think you should stay down here,
履行你的教会职责 别频繁去伦敦了
attend to your Church duties and not go up to London so much.
跟我说说玛莉娅·格雷
Tell me about Maria Grey.
我以为她刚入社交界
I thought she'd only just been presented.
不 不
No, no.
她已经很大了 21了
She's quite out by now. She's 21.
时间过得真快啊
How time flies.
坦普莫尔夫人怎么没跟我说什么
I'm surprised Lady Templemore said nothing to me.
可能她是想等事情都定下来
Perhaps she was waiting till things were quite settled.
现在定下来了吗
And are they settled now?
很快就会了
They will be, soon.
之后我们便会正式宣布
And after that, we'll announce it properly.
你肯定很自豪 约翰
You must feel very proud, John.
自豪什么
Of what?
说服这么一个可爱的女孩当你的妻子
Of convincing such a lovely girl to be your wife.
对
Yes.
我想是吧
Yes, I suppose I am.
你今天很安静 怎么了
You've been very quiet. What's the matter?
为什么我的弟弟
Why does my brother,
从来没有说过做过任何有价值的事
who has never said or done anything of the slightest value...
能看到他的儿女婚姻完满
live to see his children make fine marriages
儿孙满堂
and his grandchildren round his chair?
亲爱的
Oh, my dear.
在哈利街有房♥子 在村里有栋大教宅
A house in Harley Street and a large rectory here in the village,
-而他只会抱怨 -还有赌博
- and all he does is complain. - And gamble.
但他就可以家庭美满
And yet he is allowed to have a family,
我就没有
and I am not.
抱歉
No, I'm sorry.
我只是个傻老头
Well, I... I'm just a silly old man.
但有时我忍♥不住抱怨世道不公
But sometimes I can't help but rail at the injustice of it.
你以为我不会吗
You think I don't?
你会想象他现在会是什么样子吗
Do you ever wonder what he'd be like now?
肯定已经结婚了
Married, of course.
有聪明的儿子和漂亮的女儿
Clever sons and pretty daughters.
也可能是聪明的女儿和帅气的儿子
Or perhaps clever daughters and pretty sons.
重点是他不在了
The point is, he's not here.
我们的儿子不在了
Our boy is gone.
我不明白
I don't understand...
为什么会发生在我们身上
why it happened to us.
和解礼物
A peace offering?
我装不住 詹姆斯
I can't pretend, James.
那勾起了一切 我的愤怒 还有其他的
It's brought it all back. My anger, along with the rest.
你说服了她被骗失身
You persuaded her into a false marriage,
她因此被毁了
and in the process, ruined her.
不是我说服了她 是她说服了我
I didn't persuade her. She persuaded me.
这是什么
What is it?
园艺学会新植物园的票
A ticket for the Horticultural Society's new botanical gardens.
你怎么搞到的
How did you get it?
邱步特夫妇是他们的资助人之一
The Cubitts are among their supporters.
原谅我了吗
Am I forgiven, then?
你可以带苏珊一起去
You could take Susan.
苏珊不喜欢花
Susan dislikes flowers.
她眼中的美丽
She can't see beauty in anything
只有商店橱窗里的奢侈品
she hasn't seen in Mr Asprey's window.
可怜的奥利弗
Poor Oliver.
那天晚上之后 我就在想该怎么帮助他
After the other night, I was wondering how to help him.
那你想出了什么办法
What have you come up with?
邱步特想要好好
Cubitt's had an interesting idea
打造犬之岛
to do something with the Isle of Dogs.
犬之岛 真的吗
The Isle of Dogs? Really?
新建的港口让那个地方焕然一新
The new docks have made a big difference.
他想打造一个真正的社区
He wants to build a solid community there.
绝对会很棒的
It's exciting.
也许我能让奥利弗参与
Perhaps I can bring Oliver into it.
你可以试试
You're welcome to try.
不过听上去 他不会感兴趣
It doesn't sound like his sort of thing at all.
也许你不该对他的兴趣
Perhaps he should be a little less choosy
那么挑剔
剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表