剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表
Am I late? I saw your maid in the hall downstairs.
她什么都不会说的
She won't say anything.
我开始喜欢你了
I'm getting quite fond of you.
你是需要我帮忙了吧
Which means you need a favour.
没错
That's true.
我要你继续去了解查尔斯·波普的事
I need you to find out more about Charles Pope.
怎么你也这样
Not you as well?
所有人都如此痴迷那讨厌鬼
Everyone is obsessed with that wretched man!
他都快把奥利弗逼疯了
He's driving Oliver mad.
波普似乎能迷住了我伯母
Well, Pope seems to have a hold over my aunt.
我去拜访他的办公室时 她也在
When I called at his office, she was there
还有你婆婆和玛莉娅...
with your mother-in-law and Maria...
玛莉娅·格雷小姐
Lady Maria Grey?
-你不需要吃醋 -是吗
- No, you've no need to be jealous. - No?
订婚不是心之所向吗
Aren't engagements affairs of the heart?
我们只是为了地位
Well, this one is an affair of state.
那你为什么要去波普的办公室
So, why did you call at Pope's office?
他也迷住了你吗
Does he have a hold over you, too? Hm.
我想知道为什么所有人都喜欢他
I want to know why they've all chosen to favour him.
-而不是你吗 -这不是玩笑
- Instead of you? - I'm not joking.
我们能共进晚餐吗
Can we have dinner?
-我可以随便找个借口 -我要和我母亲吃晚餐
- I could easily invent an excuse. - I'm dining with my mother.
真孝顺
Very dutiful.
那么...
So...
你要我帮什么忙
..What is this favour?
他们下次去乡下时
When they next go to their country place,
我要你和他们一起去
I want you to go with them.
什么 去格兰维尔
What, go to Glanville?
对
Go to Glanville.
但是去那里要走很久
But it takes forever to get there
而且一路上还很无聊
and it's such a bore when you do.
她隐瞒了一些关于波普的事
She knows something about Pope that she's not telling.
和她一起去散散步
Go for walks together.
晚上和她一起聊聊天
Sit up with her at night.
给予她足够的时间和关注
Give her your time and attention.
你就能打听出到底是怎么回事了
And then you'll find out what it is.
好吧
All right.
如果一定要的话
If I must.
但我需要更加有力地劝说
But I may need some more persuading.
特顿
Turton.
一路上怎么样
How was your journey?
很漫长 夫人
Long, madam.
你带谁一起来了
Whom have you brought with you?
我只带了男仆莫里斯
Just Morris the footman.
其他活都交给当地人了
The others have been taken on locally.
胡珀 见到你真好
Oh, Hooper, how nice to see you.
亲爱的 先进屋吧 你肯定累坏了
Dear, won't you come inside? You must be tired.
我等不及想知道我们不在时
I want to hear what's happened
花♥园♥的情况如何了
in the gardens while we've been away.
再说了 艾格妮丝也需要散散步
Besides, Agnes needs a walk.
别太累了
Don't wear yourself out.
-回来真好 -是吗
- It's good to be back. - Is it?
她为什么要买♥♥下一个离伦敦这么远的地方
Why did she have to buy somewhere so far from London?
她爱上了这幢房♥子 而且...
Well, she fell in love with the house and, er...
就算你不想承认 这里的生活的确很美好
..It's a good life here, even if you refuse to see it.
在这里能干什么 除了和猪一样吃饭
What is there to do? Apart from eating like pigs
每天只能从早散步散到晚
and taking deadly walks for hours on end.
那你为什么同意来
Then why did you agree to come?
趁我还没冻死 我要赶紧进去
I'm going in before I freeze to death.
希望斯皮尔能应付好楼下那帮乡巴佬
I hope Speer can manage downstairs with the yokels.
我接下来三天只能自己更衣
Well, I've had to dress myself for the last three days,
别指望我会同情你
so don't look for sympathy from me.
我的天啊 斯皮尔小姐
Gracious me, Miss Speer!
-稀客啊 -没错 拉斯特太太
- We don't often see you here. - It's true, Mrs Rust.
我更适合待在伦敦
I'm a creature more suited to London, me.
我叫斯坦 特顿先生
I'm Stan, Mr Turton.
我是这里的第二男仆
I've been taken on as second footman.
-是吗 老天 -无论什么事 您尽管吩咐
- Have you, by all that's holy. - I'll do whatever you ask of me.
只要你能做到 斯坦利 只要你有这能力
If you are able to, Stanley. If it is within your powers.
快先去把行李分好吧
Now, go and sort the luggage.
埃利斯小姐
Miss Ellis...
你还有什么需要的东西吗
Have you everything you want?
我需要的东西不多 特顿先生
I have very little that I want, Mr Turton.
但这就是我生来要过的日子
But that is the life I was born to.
好啊
Here we go.
这两周 他们的脸上都不会有笑容
And there won't be a smile out of them for a fortnight.
你嫁给约翰·贝勒西斯
You will look after me...
就是照顾我了
..By marrying John Bellasis.
这是我唯一的要求
That is all I ask.
我都不确定我是否喜欢他
I am not sure how much I like him
-或者他是否喜欢我 -说什么傻话
- or whether he likes me. - Fiddle-faddle!
年轻夫妻得学会喜欢彼此
A young couple must learn to like each other.
我嫁给你♥爸♥爸时甚至不了解他
I didn't know your father when I married him.
我怎么可能了解他
How would I,
我们在订婚前
when we were never allowed
甚至不能单独见面
to meet unchaperoned before the engagement?
即便订婚了 我们也只会坐在沙发上
Even then, we might sit on a sofa,
但我的陪同还是能听到我们的对话
but never out of earshot of my companion.
我们那样的年轻女孩
No young girl of our kind
在出嫁前从来都不了解自己的丈夫
knows her husband before she marries him.
你和亲爱的爸爸之间的婚姻
And is your marriage to dear Papa
是鼓励我接受与约翰结婚的典范吗
to be the model that encourages me to accept a future with John?
但你已经接受他了
But you have already accepted him.
我知道 多么奇怪啊
I know. Isn't it strange?
有时候 我想记起那一刻
Sometimes, I try to remember the scene,
但我记忆里似乎只有一片空白
but my memory has blotted it out entirely.
你想说你改变主意了吗
Are you trying to say you've changed your mind?
我想我也不会是第一个毁约的女人
I suppose I would not be the first woman to do so.
你不许毁掉这么好的婚约
You won't throw away a great position.
我不会允许
I won't let you.
我是你母亲
I am your mother...
我不许你这么做
..And I forbid it.
我觉得他这次摔得格外狠
I think he's taken a bad fall this time.
-他没和你说什么吗 -没有
- Has he said anything to you? - No.
因为他赌博 他控制不住 我早就知道
Because he gambles, he can't stop. I've always known that.
但以前 他总还有一定的限度
But before, he kept within certain limits.
这次不一样了
That's what's changed.
他会处理好一切的 我保证
He'll have everything under control, I promise you.
已经没有什么可以变卖♥♥的东西了
There's nothing left to sell.
还有一点银器 但我藏起来了
A few bits of silver, but I've hidden those.
藏在哪里
Oh? Where?
在我房♥间的衣柜上方
On top of the wardrobe, in my room.
-但你不能告诉他 -我不会的
- But you mustn't tell him. - I won't.
如果你还知道些别的 你会告诉我吧
You would tell me, wouldn't you, if you knew any more about it?
当然了 妈妈
Of course I would, Mother.
我晚餐前去散了散步
I went for a walk before dinner.
老帕克死后 他们改建他的农场了吗
Have they done something with old Parker's farm since he died?
我们想在找到下一位佃户前
We thought we should tidy it up a bit
把那里收拾一下
before we find a new tenant.
你绝对猜不到我那天在皮卡迪利遇到了谁
You'll never guess who I saw in Piccadilly the other day.
我就不猜了
I won't try.
贝勒西斯先生
Mr Bellasis.
-布罗肯赫斯特伯爵的侄子 -没错
- Lord Brockenhurst's nephew? - That's right.
我当时正和斯皮尔一起去手套商那里
I was walking along with Speer, on my way to my glove-maker,
-然后就突然碰到了他 -好巧
- and he suddenly appeared. - Fancy that.
他说他在金融城波普的办公室里
He said he'd seen you and his aunt
-见到了你和他伯母 -什么
- at Mr Pope's offices in the city. - What?
-我是不是说错话了 -当然没有
- Have I said something I shouldn't? - Of course not.
特伦查德先生很关注这位年轻人
Mr Trenchard has taken an interest in this young man.
所以布罗肯赫斯特夫人建议去拜访他时
And so, when Lady Brockenhurst suggested we pay him a call,
我就答应了 我很好奇
剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表