剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表
and I've just been accepted as a member of the club.
你父亲对我非常客气和鼓舞
Your father has been wonderfully kind and encouraging.
什么好消息
What's the good news?
有别人和特伦查德先生一样愿意投资我了
Someone else is willing to join Mr Trenchard as an investor.
你似乎很擅长让人
You seem very adept at getting people
乐意为你掏钱 可惜我没你这个天赋
to put their hands in their pockets. If only I had your gifts.
够了 如果布罗肯赫斯特夫人
That's enough. If Lady Brockenhurst...
布罗肯赫斯特夫人愿意给你公♥司♥投资
Lady Brockenhurst will put money into your company...
我得失陪了 先生们
I must leave you, gentlemen.
我已经离开办公室太久了
I have been away from my desk long enough.
能给我解释一下吗
Would you please enlighten me?
为什么大家都想给那个乡巴佬钱
Why does everyone want to give money to that bumpkin?
有什么秘密
What's behind it?
这件事里有什么因素你没讲出来
There is some element to this business that you have left unsaid.
你知道他去世的父亲是我的老友
You know his late father was an old friend of mine.
-老到我从未听说过 -是吗
- So old, I've never heard of him. - Have you not?
查尔斯刚到伦敦时
He asked me to look after his son
他拜托我照顾他的儿子
when Charles first came to London.
您绝对是做到了
Then you've certainly managed it.
给 我就是来给你这个
Here, I came to give you these.
特伦查德先生
Mr Trenchard!
我来帮您
Let me help you.
那么 我们下次该在哪私会
So... where shall we hold our next tryst?
你决定
You decide.
但这些铁路肯定能带来巨大变化
But what a difference these railways will make.
怎么说
Oh, in what way?
我们可以去布莱顿 再在晚饭前回来
We could already go to Brighton and be back in time for tea.
很快 去约克
And soon it will be no more
也就是五六小时的事
than five, or six hours to travel to York.
我一想到就开心
The prospect makes me feel quite giddy.
为什么一切都非要改变
Hmm, why does everything have to change?
我就喜欢现在的样子
I like things the way they are.
这个下午什么都不需要变
Nothing has to change about this afternoon.
我真得走了
And now I really must be gone.
别让我等太久再见到你
Don't make me wait too long before I see you again.
-父亲回家了吗 -还没有 但应该快了
- Is Father home? - Not yet. But he will be soon.
那他回来之前
Then let us enjoy a few minutes of peace
我们能享受片刻宁静
before he shows his face.
你不该这么刻薄
I wish you wouldn't be so harsh.
他跟你谈了吗
Has he spoken to you...
关于犬之岛的事
...about the Isle of Dogs?
是的
Yes.
-你似乎并不激动 -我该激动吗
- You don't sound very excited. - Should I be?
你一般都是为被排除在外生气
Normally you're angry about being left out of things.
没错
I am.
我现在更生气了
I'm even angrier now.
你父亲在邱步特先生面前夸下了海口
Your father has gone out on a limb with Mr Cubitt.
我又没叫他那么做
I did not ask him to.
或许吧 但那是为了你
Maybe not, but it was all on your behalf.
我父亲一直希望我成为我不是的人
My father has always wanted me to be something I am not.
我注定只会让他失望
It is my fate to disappoint him.
-不是这样的 -现在更是了
- I'm sure that's not true. - It is even more true...
因为他已经找到了
...now that he's found
我缺乏的一切美德的完美体现
the perfect embodiment of all the virtues that I lack.
你是指
You mean?
查尔斯·波普先生
Mr Charles Pope.
我今天发现他们一起吃了午餐
I found them lunching together today.
我希望你别那么厌恶他 你有天或许会后悔
I wish you did not dislike him so. One day you may regret it.
你是说当父亲
You mean when my father
让波普先生取代我做他的继承人时吗
has made Mr Pope his heir and displaced me?
那是绝对不会的
That day will never come.
我去见了个代理人
I went to see an agent.
他向我描述了
He's given me descriptions
一些待售的花♥园♥和果园
of some gardens and orchards up for sale.
因为你说你是为此来艾泽沃斯
That being why you said you were visiting Isleworth.
我觉得这可能会有用
I thought they might be useful.
那我现在有不在场证明了
So, now I have an alibi?
谢谢
Thank you.
我感激不尽
I'm ever deeper in your debt.
我们走吧
We must go.
-你回来得挺早 -我无心工作
- You're early. - I couldn't work.
我今天跟查尔斯吃了午餐
I had lunch with Charles today
他说布罗肯赫斯特夫人
and he told me that Lady Brockenhurst...
谢谢 埃利斯 我暂时先不为晚餐更衣
Thank you, Ellis. I won't change for dinner quite yet.
-好的 太太 -我需要时摇铃叫你
- Very good, ma'am. - I'll ring when I need you,
但先把裙子带走
but take the pink with you now and
看能不能清理一下
see if you can get the mark out.
我们应该约定个暗号♥表示有外人在
We should have a password for when the coast is not clear.
多么可悲 我们有这么多秘密竟然需要暗号♥
How sad to think we have so many secrets that we need one.
跟我说说你的午餐吧
Now, tell me more about your luncheon.
他带着好消息去了办公室
He arrived at the office, full of the news.
-我们就去了神庙俱乐部 -你入会了
- We went to the Athenaeum. - Have you been accepted?
-你怎么没说 -我是今早才得知
- Why didn't you tell me? - I only heard this morning.
我敢说我很快就会被驱逐了
I dare say I shall be asked to leave soon.
怎么说
Why?
因为她给他钱了 当人们得知
Because she is giving him the money. And when people learn that,
就能猜到秘密 一切都完了
well, they'll guess the secret. It's over.
索菲娅会被当做娼妇
Sophia will be remembered as a slut
而我们也会跟她一起名誉扫地
and we'll be down in the dirt with her!
我当初怎么就没给他
Why didn't I give him the full amount
他需要的全部资金
when he needed at the start?
为什么呢
Why didn't you?
因为我觉得那太殷勤了
Because I thought it would be too easy.
我去找她谈谈
I'll go and speak to her.
-那能有什么用 -可能是没用
- What good will that do? - None at all probably,
但也不会有坏处
but it can't do any harm.
今天 在俱乐部
Today, at the club...
我是那么想告诉他真♥相♥
...I wanted so badly to tell him the truth.
安
Oh, Anne.
我的心一直敦促我
My heart kept urging me
让他从外祖父这里得知一切
that he should hear it from his grandfather,
而不是听街上的传闻
rather than have it whispered on every street corner.
-但你没说 -当然
- But you didn't tell him? - No.
-但我不说对吗 -詹姆斯
- But was I right not to? - James...
我们送走孩子时 转身离开时
...when we put the child away from us and turned our backs,
我们就选择了谎言
we chose a life of lies.
现在这些谎言又找上我们了
Now those lies have returned to haunt us...
我们只能尽量去应付
...and we must manage as best we can.
特顿先生吗
Mr Turton, is it?
或许吧
Could be.
-我认识你吗 先生 -不
- Do I know you, sir? - No.
但就我所知 我们或许能谈谈生意
But I understand we might be able to do some business.
你和我吗
You and me?
我看我和你不太可能谈到一起去 先生
I doubt you and I would have much business in common, sir.
你这就错了 我...
But that's where you're wrong. I'm, erm...
我需要人帮我一件私事
well, I'm looking for some help in a private matter,
找你或许正合适
and you could just be the right man for the job.
你为什么会这么想
Why would you think that?
我问了一些熟人
Well, I've asked among my acquaintance
他们提到了你
and yours was the name they suggested.
还有一位埃利斯小姐
And a Miss Ellis.
-太太的贴身女仆 -是的
- The mistress' lady's maid. - Just so.
你可以为我
So, would it be possible
跟埃利斯小姐合作吗
for you to work with Miss Ellis on my behalf?
我需要关于特伦查德夫妇的情报
I need some information about the Trenchards.
你为什么认为我会背叛他们
What makes you think I would betray them?
背叛这词太重了 特顿先生
Betray is a harsh word, Mr Turton.
我不过是想多了解下这家人
I merely want to know more about the family.
我听说 在某些情况下
And I am led to believe, in certain circumstances,
-你或许会愿意帮忙 -什么情况
- that you might be willing to help. - What circumstances?
你的协助当然能得到一小笔奖赏
剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表