剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表
贝尔戈维亚
第一季 第一集
布鲁塞尔 1815年
里士满公爵夫人 邀您到家中小聚 6月15日周四
贝尔戈维亚 伦敦
二十六年后
那是处于一切中心的城市
'It was certainly a city right at the centre of things,
游人如织 各色活动丰富多彩
'brim-full of tourists, bustling with activity.
没人会猜到拿破仑皇帝
'And no-one would have guessed that the Emperor Napoleon
已带兵出征
'was on the march
可能随时驻扎在城镇外♥围♥
'and might encamp by the edge of the town at any moment.
但往事 正如人们常说的那样
'But then, the past, as we have been told so many times,
总是奇妙莫名
'is a strange country.'
-快来 -我已经很快了 小姐
- Do come on. - I'm going as fast as I can, Miss.
别那么柔弱 快点
Don't be so feeble. Hurry!
女士们需要帮助吗
Can I help you ladies?
我来见我父亲 特伦查德先生
I am here to see my father, Mr Trenchard.
你待在这里
You stay here.
谁敢打扰我...
Who the devil has come to interrupt me...
库珀上尉 容我失陪
Captain Cooper, you must excuse me.
没问题 特伦查德
That's all very well, Trenchard...
-特伦查德 -特伦查德先生
- Trenchard? - Mr Trenchard.
但我们今晚必须拿到面粉
But we must have the flour by tonight.
我也保证会尽力 上尉
And I promise I will do my level best, Captain.
麻烦您在门外稍等
Now, if you'll just wait outside for a moment.
你拿到了吗
Have you got them?
三张 你一张 妈妈一张 我一张
Three. One for you, one for Mama and one for me.
贝勒西斯子爵舞会前会在那儿用餐吧
I suppose Lord Bellasis will be dining there, before the ball?
-她可是他姨妈 -当然了
- She is his aunt. - Of course.
埃德蒙说午夜之后会有夜宵
Edmund says there's to be a supper sometime after midnight.
除了我 别当着别人叫他埃德蒙
Don't call him Edmund to anyone but me.
去找你妈妈吧 她要抓紧时间准备
Now go to your mother. She'll need every minute to prepare.
现在做衣服太晚了
It's too late to have anything made.
赶快收拾一下还来得及
But not too late to have things brought up to scratch.
-她不会想去的 -她会去 因为她必须去
- She won't want to go. - She will, because she must.
那我们什么时候告诉她其他事
Well... when shall we tell her the rest of it?
暂时不行 这事必须谨慎处理
Not yet. It must all be properly managed.
我们得听他的安排 你走吧
We must take our lead from him. Now go.
让那个白♥痴♥进来吧
And send that blithering idiot back in.
-我们谁也不认识 -爸爸认识那些人
- We won't know a soul there. - Papa knows these people.
他认识的军官
He'll know officers
都是去他工作的地方给他下单的
who come to his place of work to give him orders.
他们会很惊讶
And they will be very surprised
自己与提供
to find they're sharing a ballroom
面包酒水的人一起参加舞会
with a man who supplies their men with bread and ale.
我希望你对贝勒西斯子爵别是这个态度
I hope you won't take this tone with Lord Bellasis.
小心空中楼阁 亲爱的
Beware of castles in the air, my darling.
你当然不肯相信他是真心实意
Of course, you won't believe him capable of honourable intentions.
他是伯爵的长子
He is the eldest son of an earl, my child.
他不能随心意娶妻
He cannot choose his wife to suit his heart.
你们的情愫固然美好
You have enjoyed a flirtation
而且到目前也没有伤害到谁
that has harmed neither of you, so far,
但这事必须到此为止
but it must end,
免得流言四起 索菲娅
before there is damaging talk, Sophia,
到时受伤的必然是你
or you will be the one to suffer.
这没让你明白什么吗
And it doesn't tell you anything?
他给我们弄到了他姨妈舞会的邀请函
That he has secured us invitations to his aunt's ball?
只能说明你是个可爱的姑娘
It tells me that you're a lovely girl
他很想讨好你
and he wishes to please you.
他在伦敦肯定做不到
He couldn't have managed it in London,
但是在布鲁塞尔 战争影响了一切
but in Brussels everything is coloured by war.
所以 正常规则也不适用
And so, the normal rules do not apply.
你是说 按照常规
You mean that by the normal rules
我们不陪和公爵夫人的朋友作伴吗
we are not acceptable as company for the Duchess's friends?
我就是这个意思 你也知道这是事实
That is exactly what I mean and you know it to be true.
爸爸可不会认同
Papa would not agree.
你父亲的地位提升了很多
Your father has travelled a long way
所以他看不到阻碍他
and so he does not see the natural barriers
进一步提升的天然屏障
that will prevent him from going much further.
知足常乐
Be content with who we are.
你父亲已经做得很好了 别瞧不起我们
Your father has done well. Don't look down on us.
瞧不起我们的是你
You're the one who looks down.
校长的女儿下嫁给了
The schoolmaster's daughter who was too good
做买♥♥卖♥♥的老公
for her market trader husband.
我没有瞧不起任何人 更没瞧不起你父亲
I don't look down on anyone! Least of all your father.
我是不想让自己
I do not care to place myself
处于尴尬境地
in situations I don't feel comfortable.
在我看来 这就是另一种势利
You see, that to me, is another kind of snobbery!
-我来早了吗 太太 -不 埃利斯 进来
- Am I too early, Ma'am? - No, no, Ellis. Come in.
-我们说完了吧 -您说是就是 妈妈
- We're finished here, aren't we? - If you say so, Mama.
我们接到了里士满公爵夫人舞会的邀请
We've been asked to the Duchess of Richmond's ball.
不会吧
Never!
我们应该选一下您要穿的礼服 太太
That is, we should make a decision about your gown, Ma'am.
如果这样的话 我需要一点时间
I'll need some time, if it's to be just so.
索菲娅小姐好像...
Miss Sophia seems, um...
很兴奋
excited.
应该是贝勒西斯子爵帮忙弄到了舞会门票吧
I expect Lord Bellasis arranged the tickets for the ball?
也可能是威灵顿公爵
It may have been the Duke of Wellington.
特伦查德先生是他的好朋友
Mr. Trenchard is a great favourite of his
舞会又是以公爵的名义举办
and the ball is being given in the Duke's honour.
对 一定是了 太太
Yes. That must be it, ma'am.
她告诉你了吧 他办成了
She told you, then? He's done it.
谢谢 埃利斯 一会儿再来吧
Thank you, Ellis. If you could come back later.
多好的机会啊 公爵本人也会到场
What a chance it is. The Duke himself will be there.
而且 是两个公爵
Two dukes, for that matter.
我的指挥官 还有女主人的丈夫
My commander and our hostess' husband.
还有几位在位的王子
Reigning princes, too.
从科芬园的一个摊位起家的詹姆斯·特伦查德
James Trenchard, who started at a stall in Covent Garden,
要准备与公主共舞了
must get himself ready to dance with a princess.
你绝不能 你会让我们两个都丢尽脸
You will do no such thing. You would embarrass us both.
-等着瞧吧 -我说真的
- We'll see. - I mean it.
你怂恿索菲娅已经够糟了
It's bad enough that you encourage Sophia.
安 我相信那男孩是真心的 我敢肯定
Anne, I believe the boy is sincere. I'm sure of it, in fact.
你才无法确定
You are nothing of the sort.
贝勒西斯子爵可能都以为自己是真心的
Lord Bellasis, himself, might even think he's sincere.
他自己做不了主 这绝不会有好结果
He is not his own master and nothing proper can come of it.
战争一触即发 我们竟然
How strange that we should be discussing a ball
还在讨论舞会 太荒唐了
when we're on the brink of war. How ridiculous.
我不同意 你这话 还有贝勒西斯子爵的事
I don't agree. With that, or about Lord Bellasis.
你听好了
Just know this,
如果索菲娅因为这荒唐事受到伤害
if Sophia comes to any harm through this nonsense
我唯你是问
I will hold you personally responsible.
好吧
Very well.
还有 你胁迫他
And as for blackmailing him
向他姨妈索要邀请函
into begging his aunt for invitations,
-我感到好丢脸 -安 你不准破坏此事
- I feel so humiliated. - Anne, you won't spoil this.
-我绝不允许 -我不需要
- I won't allow you to. - I don't need to.
这事自然会失败
It will spoil itself.
希望这不是个错误
I hope this isn't a mistake.
现在说这个太迟了
Too late for that sort of talk.
你笑什么
What's so funny?
我们为了逃避社交界来到布鲁塞尔
Only that we came to Brussels to escape Society
现在却似乎要举办最盛大的舞会
and now we appear to be giving the ball of the season.
公爵坚持要办
The Duke insisted.
他说我们必须证明无论拿破仑做什么
He said we needed to show that nothing Boney could do,
都无法吓到英国人
could rattle the British.
埃德蒙 你第一个到场 真好啊
Edmund! You're the very first. How nice.
我想早点来 给予您支持
I thought I'd come early to lend you support.
我必须说 姨妈
I must say, Aunt,
您把这些沉闷的房♥间布置得金碧辉煌
you've made these dreary rooms feel very splendid.
没人会知道
No-one would know people
几个月前 人们还在这里选择
were choosing which coach to buy in here,
该买♥♥哪辆马车
only a few months ago.
剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表