剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表
贝尔戈维亚
第一季 第二集
前情提要
查尔斯·波普(棉花商)
皮姆先生餐馆
后门
奥利弗·特伦查德先生和太太
布罗肯赫斯特夫人邀二位6月8日周二前往家中
我去查尔斯·波普先生办公室拜访过他 并也邀请了他
女主人告诉我
Our hostess tells me that
你也参加了那场著名的布鲁塞尔舞会
you were at the famous ball in Brussels.
战争一触即发 我们竟然
How strange that we should be discussing a ball
还在讨论舞会
when we're on the brink of war.
我们什么事也不会有
Nothing can happen to us.
-我们是最幸运的一对 -也是最深爱的
- We are the luckiest couple alive! - We're the most in love.
你跟我儿子熟吗
Did you know my son well?
他是伯爵的长子
He is the eldest son of an earl, my child.
他不能随心意娶妻
He cannot choose his wife to suit his heart.
但这事必须到此为止 免得流言四起
It must end, before there is damaging talk.
还有一人阵亡
There is another casualty
他与我们更有联♥系♥
that you won't have to imagine a link with.
是贝勒西斯子爵
Viscount Bellasis.
你还有其他孩子吗
Do you have other children?
没有 我们过世后 便不会留下什么
No. When we go, there will be nothing left of us.
我有孩子了
I'm going to have a child.
你当然不能告诉她 你说什么呢
Of course you can't tell her! What are you talking about?
我们有权隐瞒她 她有孙子的事实吗
Do we have a right to hide from her that she has a grandson?
照顾好他
Look after him, won't you?
向我保证 妈妈
Promise me, Mama.
卡森太太
Mrs Casson?
殡仪员来了
The undertakers are here.
护士已经把布莱克太太收拾整洁了
The nurse has made Mrs Blake tidy now,
您想在他们带走她前去看一眼吗
if you would like to see her before they take her away.
我听说您已经为孩子安排了出路
I understand you have made provision for the child?
我丈夫为孩子安排好了未来
My husband has arranged a future for the boy.
索菲娅的死也不会改变这点
Sophia's death will not alter the plan.
您确定吗
Are you quite sure?
您不见见他吗
Will you not see him?
我无意参与他的生活
I mean to play no part in his life.
听着很无情 但这样最好
It may sound hard, but it... It will be better so.
我见证了您生命中悲伤的一页 卡森太太
I have played a sad part in your history, Mrs Casson,
您南下后 我们也不会再相见
and we will not meet again when you have gone south.
但这给我壮了胆
But that emboldens me.
这是您女儿唯一的身后物了
This is all you have left of your daughter now.
您就不能编造一些故事
Is there not some tale you could devise
把他当作自己的孩子抚养吗
that would allow you to raise him as your own?
这事已安排好了 特伦...
The matter is settled. Mr Tren...
卡森先生已经找到了领养他的家庭
..Mr Casson has found a place where he will be brought up
没有耻辱 只有富足
without stigma and with every advantage.
索菲娅知道也同意这个计划 所以
Sophia knew and approved the plan, so...
木已成舟
the die is cast.
我无法改变
I cannot alter it.
你一直没睡吗
Have you not slept?
没怎么睡
Not much.
我一直在想多年前贝克韦尔的事
I've been back in Bakewell, all those years ago.
悲伤的时光
A sad time.
确实悲伤
It was sad.
我们为什么没留下他
Why did we not keep him?
替她接生的斯迈利医生 希望我们留下他
Doctor Smiley, who attended her, wanted us to,
他是对的 我们本可想出一千种解释
and he was right. We could have thought of a thousand explanations.
没人需要知道真♥相♥
No one need have known the truth.
现在说还有什么用 都过去了
Why say that now? It's done.
波普先生和太太给了他幸福的生活和良好的教育
Mr and Mrs Pope gave him a good home and a fine education.
那都是你给的
You did that.
但他们抚养了他 从未引起丝毫怀疑
But they brought him up without a shadow of suspicion...
而且他也弥补了他们没有孩子的遗憾
and he saved them from being childless.
对大家都好
It was best all round.
这不让你心烦吗 我们都不认识他
Doesn't it trouble you that we don't know him?
我们不认识自己的外孙
We don't know our own grandson...
像布罗肯赫斯特夫人一样不知情
any more than Lady Brockenhurst knows hers.
拜托 维持现状吧 我求你了
Please, leave things as they are, I beg you.
他已经是个男人了 有自己的生活
He is a man now, making his own way.
就算是我们养大了他
Even if we had brought him up...
如今责任也尽到了
our role would be done.
"亲爱的布罗肯赫斯特夫人
"Dear Lady Brockenhurst,
我希望能去拜访您
"I should like to call on you...
在您
"..At a time
方便的时候
"That is convenient.
我将会
"I would be..."
很感激
"..Grateful...
若您能抽出时间
"If you could find a moment...
让我们私下会面
"..When we might be alone.
真诚的
"Yours sincerely,
安·特伦查德"
"Anne Trenchard."
特伦查德太太
Mrs Trenchard.
请进 特伦查德太太
Come in, Mrs Trenchard.
坐在我旁边
Sit by me, here.
我希望你不介意夏天还生火
I hope you don't mind a fire in summer.
我总是体寒
I'm afraid I'm always cold.
那是威廉·比奇画的
That was painted by Beechey.
在我们1792年结婚时
On my marriage in 1792.
我只有17岁
I was 17.
人们说与我非常相似 但是
They said it was a good likeness, but...
当然如今没人能这么说了
Of course, no one could say that now.
谢谢您让我来
It is good of you to let me come.
你的信来得正及时
Your letter caught me just in time.
我们明天一早就去汉普郡的利明顿
We leave first thing in the morning for Lymington, in Hampshire.
那是你们乡下的住处吗
Is that where you live in the country?
我丈夫家几个世纪都住在那儿
It's where my husband's family has lived for several centuries.
布罗肯赫斯特夫人
Lady Brockenhurst...
我保守了一个秘密
..It seems I am in possession of a secret
我向我丈夫发过誓绝不说出去
which I have sworn to my husband never to reveal,
而且他要是知道我今天来这儿一定会大发雷霆
and indeed, he would be very angry if he knew I was here today.
什么秘密
Yes?
在公爵夫人的茶会上
At the Duchess's tea,
您说您和丈夫撒手人寰之后
you said that when you and your husband go,
便不会留下什么
there will be nothing left of you.
确实
I did.
事实并非如此
that's not quite true.
在去世前
Before she died,
我女儿索菲娅生下了一个孩子
my daughter Sophia was delivered of a child.
一个男孩
A boy.
贝勒西斯子爵的儿子
The son of Lord Bellasis.
贝福德公爵夫人若是知道她的创意
The Duchess of Bedford would be very flattered
如此受推崇 一定非常高兴
to see her invention celebrated elsewhere.
我喜欢得不得了
I liked it more than I knew.
现在我每天都在效仿
And now I stage an imitation of it every day.
谢谢 我们可以自己来
Thank you. We can fend for ourselves.
这个男孩现在在哪
So, where is he now, this boy?
我只知道他已长大成人
I only know the boy is a man.
刚满25周岁
He was 25 last birthday.
他人怎么样
And what is he like?
恐怕我说不上来
I'm afraid I cannot tell you.
特伦查德先生
Mr Trenchard...
把孩子托付给了一位牧师
placed the baby in the care of a clergyman,
他现在叫查尔斯·波普
and now he goes under the name of Charles Pope.
我们从未公开过这层关系
We have never made our connection public.
他自己也毫不知情
He, himself, knows nothing.
他做什么工作
What does he do?
我们本打算让他追随养父 做牧师
We had meant him for the cloth, like his adopted father.
但他更喜欢做生意
But I believe he proved to be more business-like.
除此之外我也不知道了
I know no more than that.
像你丈夫
Like your husband.
这也不足为奇
Well, you cannot be surprised.
一脉相承
剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表