剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表
it rather takes the sport out of it.
至少我是这么觉得
At least, it does to me.
总之 佩勒根伯伯高兴
Anyway, Uncle Peregrine is pleased,
这才是最重要的
which is all that really matters.
我相信你会喜欢上她的
Well, you'll grow to like her, I'm sure.
是吗 就像你对妈妈那样吗
Really? As much as you like Mama?
您出门时寄来的 太太
This came while you were out, Ma'am.
布罗肯赫斯特宅的男仆送来的
A footman brought it from Brockenhurst House.
是请柬吗
Is it an invitation?
你在那里干什么
What are you doing there?
你受邀去参加晚宴了吗
Are you invited to dinner?
不是 是晚宴后的接待会
No, to a reception after dinner.
但我相信稍后还是会有吃的
Although I dare say there will be something to eat later on.
但我们未必会去
But I'm not sure we'll go.
不去
Not go?
我们跟她不熟
We barely know her.
而且也很难让人提起兴致
And it's hard to get up much enthusiasm for...
毕竟到时会很晚了
for something that begins so late in the evening.
-但您肯定... -你想问什么
- But surely you... - What is it you're trying to ask?
我就是希望奥利弗和我
I just hoped that Oliver and I...
能一起被受邀
might be included in the invitation.
但你们没有
But you're not.
请别逼我求 妈妈
Please don't make me beg, Mother.
您就真的不能写信问问吗
Would it be so terribly difficult for you to write and ask?
看来我们的地位是提升了
I suppose they're moving up in the world,
布罗肯赫斯特伯爵夫人都想认识他们
if the Countess of Brockenhurst deigns to know them.
至少老爷会这么以为
That's what the Master will think, anyway.
布罗肯赫斯特夫人为何要搭理他们
Why does Lady Brockenhurst want to bother with them?
特伦查德夫妇能给布罗肯赫斯特家带来什么
What have the Trenchards got to give the Brockenhursts?
怎么 你从来只为利益交朋友吗
Why? Do you only make friends where there's something to gain?
如今的时代就是这样
It's the times we live in.
暴发户崛起 夺过这世界
New folk coming up and overtaking the old.
又是布罗肯赫斯特宅
Brockenhurst House again.
肯定是给奥利弗先生和太太的请柬 等着瞧吧
That's the invitation for Mr and Mrs Oliver. You'll see.
我应该不缺什么了
I think I have everything I need.
刚刚送来的 布罗肯赫斯特宅送来的
They brought this round just now, from Brockenhurst House.
好吧
I see.
你去吧 晚安 埃利斯 谢谢
You may go. Goodnight, Ellis, and thank you.
好啊 苏珊肯定会高兴
Well, well. Susan will be pleased.
-我们不该去 -怎么不该去了
- We shouldn't go. - Of course we should go.
你觉得我们为何会受邀
Why do you think we've been asked?
你们结识时她很喜欢你吗
Did she take a shine to you when you met?
不管是不是
Whether she did or not,
心里揣着我们知道的秘密 感觉尴尬而不道德
it seems awkward and wrong to accept, knowing what we know.
我不这么认为
Well, I don't agree.
再说 布罗肯赫斯特夫人又不知道那个秘密
And besides, Lady Brockenhurst doesn't know what we know.
奎格 1点回来
Quirk! Be back here by one o'clock.
-我们会待到那时 -好 先生
- We won't leave before then. - Very good, sir.
不知大家来之前有多少人在这里用了晚餐
I wonder how many people dined here before the crowd arrived.
詹姆斯·特伦查德先生和太太
Mr and Mrs James Trenchard.
奥利弗·特伦查德先生和太太
Mr and Mrs Oliver Trenchard.
你们能来太好了
How good of you to come.
花好美 多美妙的香气
What beautiful flowers! And what a heavenly scent.
是今早从利明顿送来的
Yes, they were brought up from Lymington this morning.
我还不认识你丈夫吧
I don't believe I've met your husband.
布罗肯赫斯特夫人 容我介绍 特伦查德先生
Lady Brockenhurst, may I present Mr Trenchard.
布罗肯赫斯特夫人
Lady Brockenhurst,
非常感谢您邀请我们来您美丽的家
it is very gracious of you to invite us to your charming home.
不客气
Not at all.
这房♥子对你来说应该没什么秘密 特伦查德先生
I doubt the house holds many secrets for you, Mr Trenchard,
毕竟是你建造的
since you built it.
容我介绍我儿子 奥利弗·特伦查德和他妻子
May I present my son, Mr Oliver Trenchard, and his wife.
伯爵夫人 您的客厅太美了
Countess, what a beautiful drawing room.
特伦查德先生 告诉我
So, Mr Trenchard, tell me,
你跟你父亲有一样的爱好吗
do you share the same interests as your father?
奥利弗为我工作 或者该说跟我合作
Oliver works for me. Or, should I say, works with me.
我们目前在建设一个新项目
At the moment, we are engaged on a new project,
-开放犬之岛 -犬之岛
- developing the Isle of Dogs. - The Isle of Dogs?
在伦敦东区
It's in East London.
伦敦东区
East London?
我们要建新路堤 建设商用地♥产♥
We're creating a new embankment, with business properties
工人小屋 还有
and workers' cottages, and, indeed,
管理人员住所 等等
houses for management, and so on.
我们还要扩建码头
And we're expanding the docks.
-詹姆斯 -真的
- James... - It's true.
船只已容纳不下
The ships have run out of room.
需要更多空间装卸货物
They need new places to load and unload,
因为来自世界各地的货物增多了
with all the trade that's coming in from all over the world.
-随着帝国的扩张... -你说得太有趣了
- The further the Empire expands... - How exciting you make it sound.
失陪一下
Would you excuse me?
约翰·格兰特先生和太太
Mr and Mrs John Grant.
什么人会仲夏点火
What sort of person has their fires lit in high summer?
这里闷死了
It's stifling in here.
奥利弗 我们过去吧
Oliver, let's go through.
我们最好待在这里 看看都有谁来
I'd rather we stay here, to watch the arrivals.
或许有我们认识的人 能让我们有点面子
There may be someone we know who can lend us face.
特伦查德先生 我是斯蒂芬·贝勒西斯
Mr Trenchard? I'm Stephen Bellasis.
贝勒西斯牧师先生是男主人的弟弟
The Reverend Mr Bellasis is the brother of our host.
是的 你是邱步特的合伙人吧
Just so. I gather you're Cubitt's man?
在一夜之间将伦敦街道
Responsible for turning the streets of London
建成了白色柱廊
into a white colonnade overnight.
我们的工作似乎广受欢迎 牧师
What we do seems to be popular, Reverend.
暴♥乱♥广受欢迎 革命广受欢迎
Riot is popular, sir. Revolution is popular.
这算不上什么好标准吧
What sort of test is that?
我们听布罗肯赫斯特夫人说
We understand from Lady Brockenhurst
你认识我们可怜的侄子 贝勒西斯子爵
that you knew our poor nephew, Lord Bellasis.
是的 我们跟他很熟
Yes. We knew him well.
但那是很久以前了
But I'm afraid it was a long time ago.
现在只剩我儿子约翰
Now there's only my son John
能挽救这个家族不会后继无人了
between this family and extinction.
那边就是他 跟穿粉衣的漂亮女人说话那个
That's him over there, talking to the pretty woman in pink.
那个漂亮女人是我的儿媳
That pretty woman is my daughter-in-law.
他似乎逗得她挺开心
He looks to be entertaining her rather well.
约翰就要宣布订婚喜讯了
John is about to announce his engagement.
坦普莫尔伯爵夫人和玛莉娅·格雷小姐
The Countess of Templemore and Lady Maria Grey.
她们来了
Oh, here they are!
-我们正找你呢 -你们俩晚上好
- We've been looking for you. - Good evening, to both of you.
-跟约翰打招呼 亲爱的 -晚上好
- Say "Good evening" to John, dear. - Good evening.
-路上还愉快吗 -我们真该走来
- Did you have a pleasant journey? - We should have walked.
坐马车花了两倍时间
It took twice as long in a carriage.
犬之岛看上去可能并不起眼
The Isle of Dogs may not seem so inspiring a place,
但相信我 等我们完成建设
but I can assure you that when we are finished,
整个地方将脱胎换骨
the whole area will be transformed...
查尔斯·波普先生
Mr Charles Pope.
你来了
You came!
我给你介绍些人吧 跟我来
Let me introduce you to some people, come with me.
特伦查德太太
Mrs Trenchard...
容我介绍一位我新认识的人 查尔斯·波普先生
may I present a new acquaintance? Mr Charles Pope.
特伦查德先生 您怎么也在
Mr Trenchard? What are you doing here?
真有趣
Well, this is amusing.
我还以为波普先生是我的秘密
There was I, thinking Mr Pope was my secret,
看来你们早就认识
only to find that you're well acquainted.
有意思 你们认识多久了
How funny. How long have you known each other?
-不久 -有一阵了
- Not long. - A while.
不久 还是有一阵了
Not long? A while?
是啊 亲爱的 快说说
Yes, dear, do tell me.
你认识波普先生多久了
How long have you known Mr Pope?
我早就认识他父亲 查尔斯来伦敦后
Well, I knew his father. And, erm, when Charles came to London,
我觉得有责任在需要时帮个忙
I felt it my duty to lend a hand, if I could.
-那你有吗 -什么
- And did you? - Did I what?
帮他忙
剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表