剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表
As you can see, I changed my mind.
我来跟布罗肯赫斯特夫人谈婚约宣告的事
So, I could discuss the announcement with Lady Brockenhurst.
-别闹别扭 -我没别扭
- Don't sulk. - I'm not sulking.
我沉默是因为我无话可说
I am silent because I have nothing to say.
-特伦查德太太来访 -天啊
- Mrs. Trenchard. - Heavens.
这一下午真是够热闹
What an afternoon this is turning out to be.
我要是知道您这有客人 我就不来打扰了
If I'd known you had people here, I'd have left you alone.
我很荣幸 我来介绍一下特伦查德太太
Delighted. May I present Mrs. Trenchard?
这位是坦普莫尔夫人
This is Lady Templemore.
我们之前在这里的晚会上见过面
I think we saw each other at the soiree here a while ago.
是吗 也许吧
Did we? It may be so.
我们正在庆祝玛莉娅订婚
We're celebrating Maria's engagement.
是的 我在《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》上看到了
Yes. I saw it in The Times.
但我还是不打扰了 改日再来
But I'll leave you now and come back another day.
不必 我们要走了
No, don't. We're going.
玛莉娅
Maria?
你走吧 妈妈
You go, Mama.
我想跟布罗肯赫斯特夫人聊聊天
I'd like the chance to catch up with Lady Brockenhurst.
放心吧 科琳 我们一会儿派车送玛莉娅回去
Yes, go, Corinne, we'll send Maria back in the carriage later.
-我还是留下吧 -我坚持
- I'd rather stay. - I wouldn't hear of it.
詹金斯 送坦普莫尔夫人
Jenkins, would you please escort Lady Templemore
下楼上车
down to her carriage?
去吧 妈妈 拜托 我很快就回去
Go, Mama, please. I won't be long.
好吧
Very well.
但我是愤而离去
But I leave under protest.
别担心 我是不会嫁给他的
Don't worry. I'm not going to marry him,
-如果你们是担心这个 -我能说我很高兴吗
- if that's what you're thinking. - Am I allowed to say I'm glad?
我也是
Me too.
但我害怕收到我小叔子夫妇的来信
Although, I dread hearing from my brother and sister-in-law.
詹金斯 有事吗
Yes, Jenkins, what is it?
坦普莫尔伯爵夫人说
The Countess of Templemore
她会在外面马车上等着玛莉娅小姐
says she will wait outside in her carriage, m'lady...
夫人
...for Lady Maria.
谢谢 詹金斯 玛莉娅小姐这就下去
Thank you, Jenkins. Lady Maria will be down in a minute.
你还是走吧 亲爱的 没必要和她作对
You'd better go, my dear. There's no point antagonising her.
如果你们见到他
If you see him,
请告诉他不要相信报纸上说的
please tell him not to believe what he reads in the newspapers.
还有 告诉他我爱他
And... give him my love.
晚上好 先生
Evening, sir.
你好 我是奥利弗·特伦查德
How do you do? I'm Oliver Trenchard.
威廉·布伦特
William Brent.
雅各布·阿斯特利
Jacob Astley.
您跟波普有什么关系
What is your connection to Pope?
我的一个好朋友投了一大笔钱
A, er, close friend of mine has invested heavily
-给波普的生意 -是吗
- in Pope's business. - Has he, indeed?
为什么这么说 先生 你的语气让我担心
Why do you say that, sir? Your tone makes me anxious.
他一定是觉得波普先生又有魅力又友善
Well, I expect he finds Mr Pope very charming and friendly.
我们也都曾这么觉得
As we all did.
他看上去是个和蔼可亲的年轻人
He comes across as a nice and congenial fellow.
-现在我真担心了 -恐怕你应该担心
- Now I am concerned. - I'm afraid you're right to be so.
你的朋友应该一有机会
Your friend should withdraw his money,
就把钱撤出来
the first chance he gets.
可如果他完全撤资 会毁掉波普先生的
But that would ruin Mr Pope, if he withdrew completely.
我们也不想被你认为是心胸狭窄的人
You will find us ungenerous, which I'd do anything to avoid,
不过 你要是为你朋友着想
but if... if you are concerned for your friend's welfare...
你知道他的工厂是
You know he bought the mill
从老塞缪尔·格顿的遗孀手上买♥♥的吗
from the widow of old Samuel Girton?
我现在知道了
Well, I do now.
她是个好女人 但比较焦虑孤单
Well, she's a nice woman, but, er, quite nervous and lonely.
我们跟她商定了协议
I mean, we'd all but agreed a deal with her
能让她后半生无虞
which would have protected her for the remainder of her life,
但波普如夜里的野兽 吓得她魂不附体
but Pope came at night, frightened her out of her wits.
怎么说
How?
说只有他才能从即将到来的毁灭中解救她
Told her tales of imminent ruin that only he could save her from,
直到她同意废弃跟我们的协议
until she agreed to set aside the contract with us
转而卖♥♥给他
and sell to him.
威胁一个手无寸铁的老太太
All the time threatening a defenceless old woman.
这样啊
Ah, I see.
还有
And there is more.
他进口棉花时欺骗海关
He cheats the customs men when he imports cotton.
发货时把报价做低 等货物抵达英格兰时
It's undervalued when it's shipped and so he avoids half the tax
他可以逃掉一半的税
when it's unloaded here in England.
我把他当做最亲密的朋友
I counted him among my closest friends.
但他不值得信任
But he's not to be trusted.
告诉你的朋友把钱撤出来 趁现在还来得及
Tell your friend to get his money out while he still can.
你跟这件事又有什么关系
What's your connection to this?
我本来要做工厂经理
I was to be a manager at the mill,
如果是布伦特先生和阿斯特利先生接管了工厂
if Mr Brent and Mr Astley had have taken over.
波普知道这件事 但他却雇我做织工
Pope knew it, but he hired me to work at a loom instead.
你为什么要接受这份工作
Why did you take the job?
我有妻子和四个小孩要养活
I've a wife and four bairns to feed.
当然 他很谨慎 他告诉大家
Of course, he was very careful to tell people
他想减轻我失去另一份工作的打击
he wanted to soften the blow of my losing the other job.
你觉得这不是他的本意吗
You think that was not his motive?
我也不想这么说 但是波普
I'm sorry to say it, but with Pope,
他的善意都是装的
his kindness is all on the surface.
他是想羞辱我 而我没有办法只好接受
It was to humiliate me and I had no choice but to let him.
你们说的这些有多少可以写下来
How much of this are you prepared to write down?
我们不会作证
We would not testify.
我无论如何都不想再招惹官司
I'll not go back to the law for any man.
明白 我只需要说服我的朋友
Understood. I only need to convince my friend.
不会闹上法庭
It won't come to court.
这样的话 我们可以帮你
Well, then, we can help you with that.
明天早上把信给你
You'll have the letters in the morning.
我的朋友会不太好说服
My friend will be hard to convince.
如你所说 波普非常有魅力
As you say, Pope is very charming.
大家都很喜欢他
People seem to like him.
直到他们认清他的真面
They like him until they know him.
还要咖啡吗 太太
Some more coffee, ma'am?
不要了 奥利弗太太可能还要
Not for me. Maybe for Mrs Oliver.
早上好 妈妈
Good morning, Mother.
你今天的发型真好看
Your hair looks very nice.
特顿去给你拿咖啡了
Turton's gone to fetch you some coffee.
不吃点鸡蛋吗
Won't you have some eggs?
我不太想吃
I don't believe so.
你有什么心事吗 亲爱的
You seem distracted, my dear.
-刚到的信 太太 -谢谢
- Just arrived for you, ma'am. - Thank you.
我不打扰你看信了
I'll leave you to your letter.
-可你还什么都没吃呢 -我不饿
- But you haven't had a thing. - I'm not hungry.
希望你午餐吃得好
I hope you enjoy your luncheon.
你说你要去见...谁
Who did you say you were... meeting?
你叫埃利斯去客厅找我
Will you ask Ellis to join me in the drawing room?
我收到了简·克罗夫特的一封信
I've received a letter from Jane Croft,
索菲娅小姐的女仆
Miss Sophia's maid.
看来你和她保持了联♥系♥
It seems you have stayed in touch with her.
是 太太
Yes, ma'am.
-你为什么写波普先生的事 -我有吗 太太
- Why were you writing about Mr Pope? - Was I, ma'am?
"埃利斯小姐提到一位查尔斯·波普先生
"Miss Ellis refers to a Mr Charles Pope,
这让我担心
which concerns me.
我下周日会到伦敦
I will be in London next Sunday
我想跟您谈谈
and I'd like to discuss it with you.
但关于这事 我不想再信里多说了"
But I don't care to write more on the subject."
我好像说了老爷
I may have said the master'd
对他很感兴趣 但没有其他的了
taken an interest in him, but that's all.
正好你在
While I have you here...
你为什么去布罗肯赫斯特家
why did you go to Brockenhurst House
找一扇我根本没丢的扇子
to find a fan that was never lost?
事情不是这样的 太太
That's not quite how it was, ma'am.
您提到了伯爵夫人头发
You'd commented on the Countess's hair,
我就去问她的仆人了
so I went to see her maid.
我不记得我提到过布罗肯赫斯特夫人的头发
剧集 | 贝尔戈维亚 | 导航列表